Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Peace or War? ((Open~! :D))
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
For Nim, the bewildered questions came later. For now, she laughed.
"Hahahaha! L-look Emil!"
It was quite the sight indeed. A large Guardian, so fierce, cuddling Saint. The scene just looked so hysterical, and it was so unexpected of the dragon to do.

"Guys, I think I might just have tamed a dragon... I think,"

After she had gotten over the humor of the situation, she calmed down and ceased laughing. Little bits of giddiness were still there, it's presence known with a smile, but other than that she had gotten hold of herself again. Now curious about this, she poked Emil and asked-
"Is such a thing even possible?"
Nim's scars once again seemed to tingle uncomfortably, and she winced as she realized she had questioned their teachings. She hoped Saint wouldn't retell this to the others when they returned. Most of their mentors and higher ups would probably set out to and confirm that all of them hadn't questioned anything. If they somehow knew... Nim shivered at the thought.
A high pitched yelp and the snapping of bones brought her back to reality. The Imperial loomed above them, a dead wolf beneath her large paw. Nim, quick to react, withdrew an arrow and aimed at the dragon, yet seeing Clay lower his own weapon, she hesitantly lowered hers to the ground but still held on with a firm grip.
So much that defied all reason had happened. Sandwalker, fierce and feared by human and dragon alike, was befriending a hunter? Kai stood in shock, watching all of it play out before her. She hardly noticed Aspyn leaving to help the other humans.
What...what just...?
Kai's exhaustion seemed to crash down upon her then. Forget this craziness, she was to tired to ponder. Trotting on over to where Aspyn had gone, she eyed the three young hunters wearily, then moved to the Imperial side, out of their sight at the moment, ad laid down.
"What a day." She half laughed, looking up at her friend.

@trinitiat @smerdyakov @Coax @leijonion @earthernKnight @shinypikachu @wisegirl
For Nim, the bewildered questions came later. For now, she laughed.
"Hahahaha! L-look Emil!"
It was quite the sight indeed. A large Guardian, so fierce, cuddling Saint. The scene just looked so hysterical, and it was so unexpected of the dragon to do.

"Guys, I think I might just have tamed a dragon... I think,"

After she had gotten over the humor of the situation, she calmed down and ceased laughing. Little bits of giddiness were still there, it's presence known with a smile, but other than that she had gotten hold of herself again. Now curious about this, she poked Emil and asked-
"Is such a thing even possible?"
Nim's scars once again seemed to tingle uncomfortably, and she winced as she realized she had questioned their teachings. She hoped Saint wouldn't retell this to the others when they returned. Most of their mentors and higher ups would probably set out to and confirm that all of them hadn't questioned anything. If they somehow knew... Nim shivered at the thought.
A high pitched yelp and the snapping of bones brought her back to reality. The Imperial loomed above them, a dead wolf beneath her large paw. Nim, quick to react, withdrew an arrow and aimed at the dragon, yet seeing Clay lower his own weapon, she hesitantly lowered hers to the ground but still held on with a firm grip.
So much that defied all reason had happened. Sandwalker, fierce and feared by human and dragon alike, was befriending a hunter? Kai stood in shock, watching all of it play out before her. She hardly noticed Aspyn leaving to help the other humans.
What...what just...?
Kai's exhaustion seemed to crash down upon her then. Forget this craziness, she was to tired to ponder. Trotting on over to where Aspyn had gone, she eyed the three young hunters wearily, then moved to the Imperial side, out of their sight at the moment, ad laid down.
"What a day." She half laughed, looking up at her friend.

@trinitiat @smerdyakov @Coax @leijonion @earthernKnight @shinypikachu @wisegirl
ChibiKittens, the original chibi derp cat
TXKcK16.png
Emil couldn't help but smirk as Nim laughed. She always managed to find the brighter side of everything, even in the midst of a hungry pack of wolves. He turned back to the wolves and let out something like a squawk as the Imperial landed right on top of a wolf, soon joined by the Wildclaw. The wolves scattered in panic, eager to escape the fate that the crushed wolf had met.

"Is such a thing even possible?" Nim had asked him, poking him with a smile.

Emil shrugged and gave her a half smile, "I don't know, but I'd rather get out of this situation first, then ponder all this." The dragons had conveniently cleared the way for them, and he wanted to run while they still had the chance. He nudged Nim in a friendly manner, and looked at Cray and Saint, "Let's get out of here." With that, he ran past the two dragons, hoping they wouldn't chase him, and back into the woods. He needed to go east, where the countryside was.

@trinitiat @smerdyakov @Coax @leijonion @earthernKnight @shinypikachu @chibikittens
Emil couldn't help but smirk as Nim laughed. She always managed to find the brighter side of everything, even in the midst of a hungry pack of wolves. He turned back to the wolves and let out something like a squawk as the Imperial landed right on top of a wolf, soon joined by the Wildclaw. The wolves scattered in panic, eager to escape the fate that the crushed wolf had met.

"Is such a thing even possible?" Nim had asked him, poking him with a smile.

Emil shrugged and gave her a half smile, "I don't know, but I'd rather get out of this situation first, then ponder all this." The dragons had conveniently cleared the way for them, and he wanted to run while they still had the chance. He nudged Nim in a friendly manner, and looked at Cray and Saint, "Let's get out of here." With that, he ran past the two dragons, hoping they wouldn't chase him, and back into the woods. He needed to go east, where the countryside was.

@trinitiat @smerdyakov @Coax @leijonion @earthernKnight @shinypikachu @chibikittens
tumblr_ngcp5g6gr01u402sco1_500.gif
Saint watched as the wolves were single handed taken out by the imperial dragon. He stopped running and sheathed his sword. to be honest he kind of understood that maybe a bow showed honor to a dragon, therefor the dragon might befriend him, but why was the imperial saving Emil? Ohh well, maybe it would make sense later.

"Let's get out of here." saint heard Emil say as he watched Emil start running for the woods.

Saint looked back at his new dragon friend, then to Emil, and he decided he wanted to see how this would play out with his new dragon pal. That, and, well he was pretty sure the village would not allow pet dragons. Not to say he would not go back, he probably would, but not yet. He turned to face the dragon known as Sandwalker "Alright, so what should I call you?... Hmm" Saint looked the dragon up and down, seeing that her scales were mostly blue, "Guess I will call you Big Blue? Well, at least until I know your real name... that is if you have a real name"

@trinitiat @smerdyakov @Coax @leijonion @wisegirl @shinypikachu @chibikittens
Saint watched as the wolves were single handed taken out by the imperial dragon. He stopped running and sheathed his sword. to be honest he kind of understood that maybe a bow showed honor to a dragon, therefor the dragon might befriend him, but why was the imperial saving Emil? Ohh well, maybe it would make sense later.

"Let's get out of here." saint heard Emil say as he watched Emil start running for the woods.

Saint looked back at his new dragon friend, then to Emil, and he decided he wanted to see how this would play out with his new dragon pal. That, and, well he was pretty sure the village would not allow pet dragons. Not to say he would not go back, he probably would, but not yet. He turned to face the dragon known as Sandwalker "Alright, so what should I call you?... Hmm" Saint looked the dragon up and down, seeing that her scales were mostly blue, "Guess I will call you Big Blue? Well, at least until I know your real name... that is if you have a real name"

Sandwalker followed after Saint, being behind the human. She may had showed weakness today but she was still the same old Sandwalker, but she had a charge that she had to take care of even if it means she had to deal with the human village. She was alittle shocked to see the rude Imperial, following her little lead in showing some kindness to the humans who could be quite the pain in the tail sometimes.

The Guardian looked back at her male charge, when the male started to speak his weird human talk, as she could only heard sounds that was barely sounding like hatchling talk. But when Saint said something that sounded like:
Biiiiiglllele Bleue? to her.

Which was the best way she could hear from the human without growling in anger. As the Guardian could easily tell that the human was saying Big Blue, as it was a little hard to translate there weird talk, some dragons would say. She huffed, knowing that this will be her human pet name, they give to the poor creatures who became they little so called 'slaves'. She sighed.

Sandwalker hissed under her breath, as she started to write her name the best way she could in the dirt, so her charge could at least get her real name right.

@earthernKnight @smerdyakov @Coax @leijonion @wisegirl @shinypikachu @chibikittens
Sandwalker followed after Saint, being behind the human. She may had showed weakness today but she was still the same old Sandwalker, but she had a charge that she had to take care of even if it means she had to deal with the human village. She was alittle shocked to see the rude Imperial, following her little lead in showing some kindness to the humans who could be quite the pain in the tail sometimes.

The Guardian looked back at her male charge, when the male started to speak his weird human talk, as she could only heard sounds that was barely sounding like hatchling talk. But when Saint said something that sounded like:
Biiiiiglllele Bleue? to her.

Which was the best way she could hear from the human without growling in anger. As the Guardian could easily tell that the human was saying Big Blue, as it was a little hard to translate there weird talk, some dragons would say. She huffed, knowing that this will be her human pet name, they give to the poor creatures who became they little so called 'slaves'. She sighed.

Sandwalker hissed under her breath, as she started to write her name the best way she could in the dirt, so her charge could at least get her real name right.

@earthernKnight @smerdyakov @Coax @leijonion @wisegirl @shinypikachu @chibikittens
r0qhsj.gif
Aspyn knew she was leaving her back open to the humans, but was depending on the strangeness of the situation to keep the humans from killing her. She tensed when she saw the knife from the boy and another arrow being aimed at her from the girl, wing aching in remembered pain. She let out a small growl, ready to jump away or retaliate if she had to. Instead, somewhat to her amazement, the boy slowly put the his knife down, the girl following him.

She watched them warily as Kai approached, but they seemed just as tired and amazed as she was. Just like a group of hatchlings seeing their first hunt...

As the humans left, Aspyn slowly lay down next to Kai, with a tired sigh. She shifted so Kai could learn against her if she needed to, and wrapped her tail so that she formed a circle around the Wildclaw.
"This has officially been one of the strangest days of my life. She replied with a breathy laugh. "How is your wing holding up?"

@ChibiKittens @WiseGirl @trinitiat @smerdyakov @Coax @leijonion @earthernKnight
Aspyn knew she was leaving her back open to the humans, but was depending on the strangeness of the situation to keep the humans from killing her. She tensed when she saw the knife from the boy and another arrow being aimed at her from the girl, wing aching in remembered pain. She let out a small growl, ready to jump away or retaliate if she had to. Instead, somewhat to her amazement, the boy slowly put the his knife down, the girl following him.

She watched them warily as Kai approached, but they seemed just as tired and amazed as she was. Just like a group of hatchlings seeing their first hunt...

As the humans left, Aspyn slowly lay down next to Kai, with a tired sigh. She shifted so Kai could learn against her if she needed to, and wrapped her tail so that she formed a circle around the Wildclaw.
"This has officially been one of the strangest days of my life. She replied with a breathy laugh. "How is your wing holding up?"

@ChibiKittens @WiseGirl @trinitiat @smerdyakov @Coax @leijonion @earthernKnight
pikachu-f.gif
Saint heard the growl after he had mentioned the name 'Big Blue' and flinched a little. "Alright, OK, no nickname then," He said as he looked at the ground, noticing she was writing something. Now, assuming dragons wrote in something other than Common/English, Saint could not understand what it said, but none the less he was very amazed.

"Wait, dragons have a written language? I guessed you guys could speak but... writing? Guess I am not surprised, growing up in a place where any knowledge of dragons, other then of how to kill them, is hard to find. So I am guessing that is your name" He monologued. Saint went and stood next to the big blue dragon, drew his dagger, got on his knees, and wrote his name in Common/English.

((I just rocked a psychology test))
Saint heard the growl after he had mentioned the name 'Big Blue' and flinched a little. "Alright, OK, no nickname then," He said as he looked at the ground, noticing she was writing something. Now, assuming dragons wrote in something other than Common/English, Saint could not understand what it said, but none the less he was very amazed.

"Wait, dragons have a written language? I guessed you guys could speak but... writing? Guess I am not surprised, growing up in a place where any knowledge of dragons, other then of how to kill them, is hard to find. So I am guessing that is your name" He monologued. Saint went and stood next to the big blue dragon, drew his dagger, got on his knees, and wrote his name in Common/English.

((I just rocked a psychology test))
Sandwalker looked at the dirt to only see the human writing what she thought was his name, as it was kinda spelled like Mathew 'Saint' Guardsmen. She looked at Saint, with a smile on her face. She stood up proud, seeing Emil ran past the two dragons. She was curious to where the young human was going, but she didn't want to leave Saint. Sandwalker let out a loud roar for Saint, pointing her tail to the direction the boy went, wanting Saint to follow her.
Sandwalker then flew to the air, speeding after the young boy, keeping her eye close on him while she flew in the air. As her charge might have some tuff weapons but she wanted to see if her little charge could keep up with a fast Guardian like her self.

She let out a few loud roars, just to let Saint know where she was at and going to.

Sandwalker looked at the dirt to only see the human writing what she thought was his name, as it was kinda spelled like Mathew 'Saint' Guardsmen. She looked at Saint, with a smile on her face. She stood up proud, seeing Emil ran past the two dragons. She was curious to where the young human was going, but she didn't want to leave Saint. Sandwalker let out a loud roar for Saint, pointing her tail to the direction the boy went, wanting Saint to follow her.
Sandwalker then flew to the air, speeding after the young boy, keeping her eye close on him while she flew in the air. As her charge might have some tuff weapons but she wanted to see if her little charge could keep up with a fast Guardian like her self.

She let out a few loud roars, just to let Saint know where she was at and going to.

r0qhsj.gif
Saint watched as his new dragon friend flew into the sky. In truth he was a little sad that she did so, because he wanted to learn how to pronounce the word on the ground. He knew where she was going because she had pointed, but he was not too excited to follow. Saint was currently carrying a dagger, a long-sword, and a two handed machete type blade, which was round about 8 feet of metal, along with all the chain-male he was wearing. This was going to be a great time keeping up with the dragon.

Anyway, he ran over and picked his coat back up, then proceeded to sprint after the dragon, and to some extent he was keeping up with her, but now it was a test of endurance to see how long he could run with all that metal.

Also, it should be mentioned that Saint actually did not write Mathew Guardsmen in the ground, only Saint, for he did not tend to go by the name Mathew or Mr. Guardsmen, since he did not consider it his real name. But that was another story for another time.

Saint watched as his new dragon friend flew into the sky. In truth he was a little sad that she did so, because he wanted to learn how to pronounce the word on the ground. He knew where she was going because she had pointed, but he was not too excited to follow. Saint was currently carrying a dagger, a long-sword, and a two handed machete type blade, which was round about 8 feet of metal, along with all the chain-male he was wearing. This was going to be a great time keeping up with the dragon.

Anyway, he ran over and picked his coat back up, then proceeded to sprint after the dragon, and to some extent he was keeping up with her, but now it was a test of endurance to see how long he could run with all that metal.

Also, it should be mentioned that Saint actually did not write Mathew Guardsmen in the ground, only Saint, for he did not tend to go by the name Mathew or Mr. Guardsmen, since he did not consider it his real name. But that was another story for another time.

"I don't know, but I'd rather get out of this situation first, then ponder all this."

Nim watched as Emil headed off for the woods.
"W-Wait up!" She shouted, scrambling to put back her arrow and join him. Bouncing hurriedly up, she sprinted to catch up before taking on a more comfortable speed. For the briefest of seconds, the young trainee glanced back towards the large white Imperial. Her brown eyes were observant and curious, a spark of fascination in them. Then the moment was over, and turning back she followed after Emil. They were among the trees now, dapples of shadow and light passing over them as they ran through ferns, tall grasses, and other various types of undergrowth.
"So, now what?" She puffed. Her eyes fell once more upon the sight of his injury. The makeshift bandage covered it well enough, but it was unsatisfactory to her.
"We should patch th-"
A loud roar thundered overhead, and craning awkwardly to glance up she caught flashes of blue through the leaves, then a small break in the trees allowed her to see the Guardian. Momentarily forgetting what she had been saying earlier, she looked at Emil.
"Do you think it still wants to fight, or...?"
"My wing? It sucks!" She laughed rather hysterically. After her 'fit' of laughter, she felt a bit better.
"Yeah, it's been a crazy day. This'll make one heck of a story, don't you think?"
Truthfully her wing ached horridly, and the muscles had started to cramp up uncomfortably. If she hadn't had her wing tended to by Sandwalker and had the vines as a sort of makeshift cast, she'd bet she would see bruises lining all over were it had been mashed. Each beat of her heart made her wings throb, a quick wave of blazing heat before dying back down again, only for it to repeat. The vines themselves were stained red in one place. Perhaps she had injured it in battle, or maybe it was always like that.
A shadow passed by over them, no doubt that of a Guardian. Just by watching the shadow slide smoothly over the uneven terrain she could see that Sandwalker was heading in the direction where the two young hunters had fled, and the older one followed behind.
"Welp...there goes the healer, at a time like this..." She sighed.
"I'm gonna catch up, you wanna come?" She asked, starting to walk after all the insanity.

@trinitiat @smerdyakov @Coax @leijonion @wisegirl @shinypikachu @earthernknight
"I don't know, but I'd rather get out of this situation first, then ponder all this."

Nim watched as Emil headed off for the woods.
"W-Wait up!" She shouted, scrambling to put back her arrow and join him. Bouncing hurriedly up, she sprinted to catch up before taking on a more comfortable speed. For the briefest of seconds, the young trainee glanced back towards the large white Imperial. Her brown eyes were observant and curious, a spark of fascination in them. Then the moment was over, and turning back she followed after Emil. They were among the trees now, dapples of shadow and light passing over them as they ran through ferns, tall grasses, and other various types of undergrowth.
"So, now what?" She puffed. Her eyes fell once more upon the sight of his injury. The makeshift bandage covered it well enough, but it was unsatisfactory to her.
"We should patch th-"
A loud roar thundered overhead, and craning awkwardly to glance up she caught flashes of blue through the leaves, then a small break in the trees allowed her to see the Guardian. Momentarily forgetting what she had been saying earlier, she looked at Emil.
"Do you think it still wants to fight, or...?"
"My wing? It sucks!" She laughed rather hysterically. After her 'fit' of laughter, she felt a bit better.
"Yeah, it's been a crazy day. This'll make one heck of a story, don't you think?"
Truthfully her wing ached horridly, and the muscles had started to cramp up uncomfortably. If she hadn't had her wing tended to by Sandwalker and had the vines as a sort of makeshift cast, she'd bet she would see bruises lining all over were it had been mashed. Each beat of her heart made her wings throb, a quick wave of blazing heat before dying back down again, only for it to repeat. The vines themselves were stained red in one place. Perhaps she had injured it in battle, or maybe it was always like that.
A shadow passed by over them, no doubt that of a Guardian. Just by watching the shadow slide smoothly over the uneven terrain she could see that Sandwalker was heading in the direction where the two young hunters had fled, and the older one followed behind.
"Welp...there goes the healer, at a time like this..." She sighed.
"I'm gonna catch up, you wanna come?" She asked, starting to walk after all the insanity.

@trinitiat @smerdyakov @Coax @leijonion @wisegirl @shinypikachu @earthernknight
ChibiKittens, the original chibi derp cat
TXKcK16.png
Ambrose hardly had time to process what had just happened before he felt the sharp sting of the girl's unruly hair whipping across the bridge of his nose. And then, just as quickly as she had come, she doubled back towards the village and was gone. He meant to call out after her, but then realized that the liquid warmth he could feel seeping into his light hair was the Fae's blood. His years as a trainee had provided multiple opportunities for him to be covered in all sorts of unpleasant substances, and so, while he felt his stomach turn with the beginning stirrings of nausea, he merely uncorked the hide canteen looped into his belt, lifted it above his head, and then tipped it to the side.

A beat. He was still completely dry-- neglecting the sticky substance that was starting to make his scalp itch.

Huffing, Ambrose peered into the container to find that it was, indeed, drier than bleached dragon bones. He knew of a stream in the near vicinity but even then getting to it would be an endeavor. After all, his encounter with Sierra had worn him out. Still, he didn't want to give her the satisfaction of skulking back into the village dowsed in the unsavory after-glow of her victory. Ducking through a natural break in a tangle of high growing brush, Ambrose made his way through the forest, pricking his ears for the rustle of water softly tumbling over stones and alongside sandy banks. The only other excursion that had taken him this far from home was when he'd been shadowing a trainee around his age who'd been sent to dispatch a nest of Spiral dragons. (The other trainee had gone back with three small heads while Ambrose had returned with multiple bruises he'd obtained from tripping over stones in an attempt to flee)

He tried not to think of the past though and was about to stop and listen for the stream, in case his loud procession was blotting out the sound of it, when he heard a roar. It wasn't close, but it also wasn't far. A moment where all Ambrose could do was shudder, his head turned skyward, jerking his gaze about in case he might see the flash of scales or hear the creak of stretched leather wings. But nothing came. Recovering his senses enough to remember the basics of his extended training, Ambrose braced his back against the nearest, largest oak he could find and waited. Listening. Whip drawn. And feet shaking indentations in soft earth.

@trinitiat @ChibiKittens @Coax @leijonion @wisegirl @shinypikachu @earthernknight
((congrats on the test earthen ^ ^))
Ambrose hardly had time to process what had just happened before he felt the sharp sting of the girl's unruly hair whipping across the bridge of his nose. And then, just as quickly as she had come, she doubled back towards the village and was gone. He meant to call out after her, but then realized that the liquid warmth he could feel seeping into his light hair was the Fae's blood. His years as a trainee had provided multiple opportunities for him to be covered in all sorts of unpleasant substances, and so, while he felt his stomach turn with the beginning stirrings of nausea, he merely uncorked the hide canteen looped into his belt, lifted it above his head, and then tipped it to the side.

A beat. He was still completely dry-- neglecting the sticky substance that was starting to make his scalp itch.

Huffing, Ambrose peered into the container to find that it was, indeed, drier than bleached dragon bones. He knew of a stream in the near vicinity but even then getting to it would be an endeavor. After all, his encounter with Sierra had worn him out. Still, he didn't want to give her the satisfaction of skulking back into the village dowsed in the unsavory after-glow of her victory. Ducking through a natural break in a tangle of high growing brush, Ambrose made his way through the forest, pricking his ears for the rustle of water softly tumbling over stones and alongside sandy banks. The only other excursion that had taken him this far from home was when he'd been shadowing a trainee around his age who'd been sent to dispatch a nest of Spiral dragons. (The other trainee had gone back with three small heads while Ambrose had returned with multiple bruises he'd obtained from tripping over stones in an attempt to flee)

He tried not to think of the past though and was about to stop and listen for the stream, in case his loud procession was blotting out the sound of it, when he heard a roar. It wasn't close, but it also wasn't far. A moment where all Ambrose could do was shudder, his head turned skyward, jerking his gaze about in case he might see the flash of scales or hear the creak of stretched leather wings. But nothing came. Recovering his senses enough to remember the basics of his extended training, Ambrose braced his back against the nearest, largest oak he could find and waited. Listening. Whip drawn. And feet shaking indentations in soft earth.

@trinitiat @ChibiKittens @Coax @leijonion @wisegirl @shinypikachu @earthernknight
((congrats on the test earthen ^ ^))
.. 52030.png miles
{he/they}
{fr +0}
{lore}
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18