Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Familiar bonding?
Hey, I just noticed that it gets progressively harder to bond with each of your familiars as you get more dragons and more of them. I was thinking maybe some sort of "bond with all" button to make it more convenient. I'm sure I can't be the only one whos gotten a little frustrated clicking through each pop-up, then to the next page, then the pop-ups again and again and again and again. Its just really time consuming.

Any opinions?
I was thinking maybe like the bond with all button but for those who like to go through and see each familiar, the original method could still be available (I know i used to really like it ^^) but just for those of us with too many on our hands. A bond with all button could be added then maybe a little pop-up with a list of everything your familiars have found?
Hey, I just noticed that it gets progressively harder to bond with each of your familiars as you get more dragons and more of them. I was thinking maybe some sort of "bond with all" button to make it more convenient. I'm sure I can't be the only one whos gotten a little frustrated clicking through each pop-up, then to the next page, then the pop-ups again and again and again and again. Its just really time consuming.

Any opinions?
I was thinking maybe like the bond with all button but for those who like to go through and see each familiar, the original method could still be available (I know i used to really like it ^^) but just for those of us with too many on our hands. A bond with all button could be added then maybe a little pop-up with a list of everything your familiars have found?
pVYFJJf.gif
This has been suggested a lot before. With the Forum Search busted, you can use Google to search.

Absolutely no support. If you want treasure and gilded chests, work for it. Bonding with familiars is not necessary; it's a bonus. An extra. If you can't bond with them all...don't. You could use the time to earn even more treasure from the FG. Being able to Bond All with familiars means a ton more treasure getting poured into the system. I only bond with the familiars perm. connected to my dragons. If I Bonded All with a single, lazy click, I would get well over 100 familiars bonded instead of a couple dozen. In the end, that will be -a lot- of gilded chests thrown into the system, further devaluing the items inside.

Clicking through every page generates a lot of ad revenue for FR. A Bond All would literally rip money from the site to help it run.

Plus it makes no sense lore wise. "Hi familiars! I want to get close to you all, but I can't be bothered to to spend time with you all individually. So get close together, and I'll glance at you all once! There! Don't you all feel so much closer to me? Now gimme treasure."

And then what? You get to the end of all your familiars in a couple months, then we get flooded with suggestions for stages beyond Awakened and random drops of gilded chests beyond that.

The only thing I would support is either bond individually through the Bestiary or a way to bond without scrolling down. The latter, I came up with a workaround. Zoom out so you view FR at 80%. This fits the familiar button on screen so you can click without scrolling.

I mean, I could argue that playing the Fairgrounds for cap is "time-consuming." Therefore FR should just give me cap every day since I can't be bothered to actually earn the treasure myself. No support. This always comes across as lazy to me.
This has been suggested a lot before. With the Forum Search busted, you can use Google to search.

Absolutely no support. If you want treasure and gilded chests, work for it. Bonding with familiars is not necessary; it's a bonus. An extra. If you can't bond with them all...don't. You could use the time to earn even more treasure from the FG. Being able to Bond All with familiars means a ton more treasure getting poured into the system. I only bond with the familiars perm. connected to my dragons. If I Bonded All with a single, lazy click, I would get well over 100 familiars bonded instead of a couple dozen. In the end, that will be -a lot- of gilded chests thrown into the system, further devaluing the items inside.

Clicking through every page generates a lot of ad revenue for FR. A Bond All would literally rip money from the site to help it run.

Plus it makes no sense lore wise. "Hi familiars! I want to get close to you all, but I can't be bothered to to spend time with you all individually. So get close together, and I'll glance at you all once! There! Don't you all feel so much closer to me? Now gimme treasure."

And then what? You get to the end of all your familiars in a couple months, then we get flooded with suggestions for stages beyond Awakened and random drops of gilded chests beyond that.

The only thing I would support is either bond individually through the Bestiary or a way to bond without scrolling down. The latter, I came up with a workaround. Zoom out so you view FR at 80%. This fits the familiar button on screen so you can click without scrolling.

I mean, I could argue that playing the Fairgrounds for cap is "time-consuming." Therefore FR should just give me cap every day since I can't be bothered to actually earn the treasure myself. No support. This always comes across as lazy to me.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
Basically what gemajgall said.

My particular beef with this function is that the current system loads an ad per page, creating revenue for the site. You generate an ad, you get something in return. I think a lot of people may underestimate how much ad revenue matters over time.

On an off note, I never remember to bond with my familiars myself. I'm lucky if I remember to twice a month :'D eh heh heh
Basically what gemajgall said.

My particular beef with this function is that the current system loads an ad per page, creating revenue for the site. You generate an ad, you get something in return. I think a lot of people may underestimate how much ad revenue matters over time.

On an off note, I never remember to bond with my familiars myself. I'm lucky if I remember to twice a month :'D eh heh heh
@Chespin :D yes, I see where you two are coming from (and I certainly understand the forgetfulness of bonding) but there are also many other ad-generating opportunities. Plus, like you side, we're definitely not the only ones who forget to bond with our familiars! Lots of people do (or if you're like me you get lazy) so they're still not making all of the revenue they could from ad promo with the familiar bonding!

I'm really not trying to form an argument, just clarifying, ya feel? :P

~~~~~~~~~
Little update I was talking to a friend of mine and we were thinking about how to makethis a bit more fair for the site mods too, and maybe make a payment for it, like in gems or something.
@Chespin :D yes, I see where you two are coming from (and I certainly understand the forgetfulness of bonding) but there are also many other ad-generating opportunities. Plus, like you side, we're definitely not the only ones who forget to bond with our familiars! Lots of people do (or if you're like me you get lazy) so they're still not making all of the revenue they could from ad promo with the familiar bonding!

I'm really not trying to form an argument, just clarifying, ya feel? :P

~~~~~~~~~
Little update I was talking to a friend of mine and we were thinking about how to makethis a bit more fair for the site mods too, and maybe make a payment for it, like in gems or something.
pVYFJJf.gif
@Crimsonash3366 apologies if what I said came off as arguing! I'm kind of bad with that kind of thing hahaha- just wanted to bring up a viewpoint I feel some people don't realize. And if it weren't for the ad revenue thing I'd be on the fence about it, basically I support whatever most people support in this particular situation :'D
@Crimsonash3366 apologies if what I said came off as arguing! I'm kind of bad with that kind of thing hahaha- just wanted to bring up a viewpoint I feel some people don't realize. And if it weren't for the ad revenue thing I'd be on the fence about it, basically I support whatever most people support in this particular situation :'D
@Chespin ^^ Oh no! I wasn't accusing you of arguing, I was just saying my responding to you wasn't arguing! lol but yes, I get whee you're coming from!
@Chespin ^^ Oh no! I wasn't accusing you of arguing, I was just saying my responding to you wasn't arguing! lol but yes, I get whee you're coming from!
pVYFJJf.gif
[quote name="gemajgall" date="2014-10-18 14:46:17"]This has been suggested a lot before. With the Forum Search busted, you can use Google to search. Absolutely no support. If you want treasure and gilded chests, work for it. Bonding with familiars is not necessary; it's a bonus. An extra. If you can't bond with them all...don't. You could use the time to earn even more treasure from the FG. Being able to Bond All with familiars means a ton more treasure getting poured into the system. I only bond with the familiars perm. connected to my dragons. If I Bonded All with a single, lazy click, I would get well over 100 familiars bonded instead of a couple dozen. In the end, that will be -a lot- of gilded chests thrown into the system, further devaluing the items inside. Clicking through every page generates a lot of ad revenue for FR. A Bond All would literally rip money from the site to help it run. Plus it makes no sense lore wise. "Hi familiars! I want to get close to you all, but I can't be bothered to to spend time with you all individually. So get close together, and I'll glance at you all once! There! Don't you all feel so much closer to me? Now gimme treasure." And then what? You get to the end of all your familiars in a couple months, then we get flooded with suggestions for stages beyond Awakened and random drops of gilded chests beyond that. The only thing I would support is either bond individually through the Bestiary or a way to bond without scrolling down. The latter, I came up with a workaround. Zoom out so you view FR at 80%. This fits the familiar button on screen so you can click without scrolling. I mean, I could argue that playing the Fairgrounds for cap is "time-consuming." Therefore FR should just give me cap every day since I can't be bothered to actually earn the treasure myself. No support. This always comes across as lazy to me.[/quote]
gemajgall wrote on 2014-10-18 14:46:17:

kpBHZdf.gif lIfS9Um.png DQCsQbQ.gif