Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Tiny Little Questions
1 2 ... 523 524 525 526 527 ... 3164 3165
@Opal2214, you are given two nests when you create your account. :) To access them go to "Nesting Grounds" on the side bar (under the "Clan" section) and click the breed button under one of the nests. You'll then be able to choose a mother and father dragon.
@Opal2214, you are given two nests when you create your account. :) To access them go to "Nesting Grounds" on the side bar (under the "Clan" section) and click the breed button under one of the nests. You'll then be able to choose a mother and father dragon.
Volunteer Moderator
If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising staff, not the volunteer moderator group.
XRwFykP.png

Mine does not show any.
Mine does not show any.
Xq4T604.gifQk0Boxn.gif
Hi there. I'm a nerd.
@Opal2214 - Hello, and welcome to the game! That's a current bug, apparently, that's hitting new players. There's a [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=bug&id=1211465&p=mb]thread about it in the Bug Forums right here.[/url] To quote from that: [quote]If you are having this problem, could you firstly try; clearing your cache, trying a different browser, and breeding straight form the profile page (under lineage). If that doesn't work, please report here, and also include whether choosing a flight gave you an error message or succeeded! Thank you![/quote] By 'report here', report in the Bug Report thread, not this one. :) In addition, some people had it work by logging out and then back in, and getting an option to choose their flight again. Good luck! I hope one of those things fixes it.
@Opal2214 - Hello, and welcome to the game!

That's a current bug, apparently, that's hitting new players. There's a thread about it in the Bug Forums right here. To quote from that:
Quote:
If you are having this problem, could you firstly try; clearing your cache, trying a different browser, and breeding straight form the profile page (under lineage). If that doesn't work, please report here, and also include whether choosing a flight gave you an error message or succeeded! Thank you!

By 'report here', report in the Bug Report thread, not this one. :)

In addition, some people had it work by logging out and then back in, and getting an option to choose their flight again.

Good luck! I hope one of those things fixes it.
So, I'm not sure where to start. So, where should I start and what guides should I begin with? Thank you.

Khat
So, I'm not sure where to start. So, where should I start and what guides should I begin with? Thank you.

Khat
@khatula - What are you interested in? There's a lot to do on the site! Minigames, breeding, fighting in the Coliseum (a turn based game), roleplaying - those are kind of the main points, though there are other fun things to do here and there, too.

The Encyclopedia (linked in the bar on the left) is a good place to start for the basics, but it'd help to know what you're looking for before we point you somewhere. :)

Edit: Also, welcome to the game! Sorry I forgot to say that. :)

Edit 2: And here's a good guide lucmorningstar posted some time today - it might help you with some good links and information on where to go!
@khatula - What are you interested in? There's a lot to do on the site! Minigames, breeding, fighting in the Coliseum (a turn based game), roleplaying - those are kind of the main points, though there are other fun things to do here and there, too.

The Encyclopedia (linked in the bar on the left) is a good place to start for the basics, but it'd help to know what you're looking for before we point you somewhere. :)

Edit: Also, welcome to the game! Sorry I forgot to say that. :)

Edit 2: And here's a good guide lucmorningstar posted some time today - it might help you with some good links and information on where to go!
@Kiena

Thank you for the welcome and the help. I'm taking a look at the guide now. I think I want to look into the minigames if you have any suggestions?

Khat
@Kiena

Thank you for the welcome and the help. I'm taking a look at the guide now. I think I want to look into the minigames if you have any suggestions?

Khat
Probably a stupid question, but I really wanna know. Do mods/admins get to pick their avatars? Or are they just given a random familiar to be their avatar?
Probably a stupid question, but I really wanna know. Do mods/admins get to pick their avatars? Or are they just given a random familiar to be their avatar?
tumblr_inline_nfx4qkzLCB1r6zydg.png
@Kiena thanks

also how do i get a new unrelated dragon ? to increase my breeding pool?
@Kiena thanks

also how do i get a new unrelated dragon ? to increase my breeding pool?
A5i3AHB.png
@khatula - Sure! There are four games under the Fairgrounds (five if you count Higher or Lower, but I don't. ;P) and all of them will give you treasure as you play/when you win. My personal favorite is Runestones, which is a memory match type of game, but most people think Shock Switch is the best one to make money (it's a match-3 game), and a lot of people enjoy Tidal Trouble, which is a bubble popping match game. Jigsaw is what it sounds like, but most people agree the interface is kinda blechy and needs to be reworked some day. It also doesn't give terribly great money, so I don't particularly recommend it. (Though some of the pictures are pretty neat.)

Try them all out and see what you like!

Edit: @Heeroku - You can trade for them from another player in the Dragon Sales forum, or buy one on the Auction House. Right now the site's really laggy (because of so many new people signing up) so I had some problems with the Auction House, but usually it works well. You can sort by breed, gender, color, and gene there. You need to make some money before you can afford them, of course - so try some of those above fairground games. ;)
@khatula - Sure! There are four games under the Fairgrounds (five if you count Higher or Lower, but I don't. ;P) and all of them will give you treasure as you play/when you win. My personal favorite is Runestones, which is a memory match type of game, but most people think Shock Switch is the best one to make money (it's a match-3 game), and a lot of people enjoy Tidal Trouble, which is a bubble popping match game. Jigsaw is what it sounds like, but most people agree the interface is kinda blechy and needs to be reworked some day. It also doesn't give terribly great money, so I don't particularly recommend it. (Though some of the pictures are pretty neat.)

Try them all out and see what you like!

Edit: @Heeroku - You can trade for them from another player in the Dragon Sales forum, or buy one on the Auction House. Right now the site's really laggy (because of so many new people signing up) so I had some problems with the Auction House, but usually it works well. You can sort by breed, gender, color, and gene there. You need to make some money before you can afford them, of course - so try some of those above fairground games. ;)
Okay, so this is really bothering me and my family, but with registration opening up again I figured I'd address it for us here.
We all share an IP address and a computer. We make trades all the time and send food and extra items from events (most of the time in exchange for RL stuff) and we've been playing since the site opened (well, technically my sister paid for early access and we signed up later). However, we're worried about what we should be doing in regards to the sharing IP address thing. Should we be posting on our profiles who we're affiliated with or posting in some kind of IP share thread for families? We don't want to get flagged for helping each other out, especially when we have our own separate breeding plans and such going on.
Okay, so this is really bothering me and my family, but with registration opening up again I figured I'd address it for us here.
We all share an IP address and a computer. We make trades all the time and send food and extra items from events (most of the time in exchange for RL stuff) and we've been playing since the site opened (well, technically my sister paid for early access and we signed up later). However, we're worried about what we should be doing in regards to the sharing IP address thing. Should we be posting on our profiles who we're affiliated with or posting in some kind of IP share thread for families? We don't want to get flagged for helping each other out, especially when we have our own separate breeding plans and such going on.
1 2 ... 523 524 525 526 527 ... 3164 3165