Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Silent Hill gamers?
1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
@LilacsandFreedom @Kimikada
Regenerators are creepy as hell, guh
but yea, other than the RE videos that TBFP have done and the current RE6 playthrough I'm watching Cry and Jesse go through, I've not really been exposed to RE at all. I agree though, they've kind of run their course with the RE franchise xD
@LilacsandFreedom @Kimikada
Regenerators are creepy as hell, guh
but yea, other than the RE videos that TBFP have done and the current RE6 playthrough I'm watching Cry and Jesse go through, I've not really been exposed to RE at all. I agree though, they've kind of run their course with the RE franchise xD
N i c k
"Fear not the night."
→ he/him
dd9d37c13149d4412f933c2662309cbb42245e81.png
@Kimikada @Nicolas

alas, poor Resident Evil, I knew it once. And oh, how the gamers would scream in terror, alas, no more, no more...
now they cry with laughter, because Jill Sandwich, and other silly things that have popped up recently.

But, seriously, it really has kinda faded out, hasn't it? oh well, it deserves a quiet little fade out, having played its part, and should now allow others inspired by it to pursue their own path...
or maybe they'll try to bleed it dry and go from there, who knows XP
@Kimikada @Nicolas

alas, poor Resident Evil, I knew it once. And oh, how the gamers would scream in terror, alas, no more, no more...
now they cry with laughter, because Jill Sandwich, and other silly things that have popped up recently.

But, seriously, it really has kinda faded out, hasn't it? oh well, it deserves a quiet little fade out, having played its part, and should now allow others inspired by it to pursue their own path...
or maybe they'll try to bleed it dry and go from there, who knows XP
eppAZHY.pngu1qMgY0.png SqnIrhs.png
@Nicolas @LilacsandFreedom
I only thought a hand full of those games were truly good. I think they started to go downhill after 4. I'm not sure how many there are now but I know they are talking about making a new one. That really needs to not happen because their running out of banter.
@Nicolas @LilacsandFreedom
I only thought a hand full of those games were truly good. I think they started to go downhill after 4. I'm not sure how many there are now but I know they are talking about making a new one. That really needs to not happen because their running out of banter.
@LilacsandFreedom
It does deserve it's rest and relaxation cause it's come a long way from where it was before lol needs to retire in honor and glory, much like a lot of old and loved game series need to do once they reach their ends.

i really hope they dont try to bleed it dry, it doesn't deserve that

@Kimikada
yea they are making a new one and apparently it focuses on Jill and someone else (NOT LEON FOR ONCE, THE GODS OF BROS AND FEDORAS HAS BETRAYED)

I like that they switched it around and gave Leon the Professional a break, but yeah the series itself is running out of steam...
@LilacsandFreedom
It does deserve it's rest and relaxation cause it's come a long way from where it was before lol needs to retire in honor and glory, much like a lot of old and loved game series need to do once they reach their ends.

i really hope they dont try to bleed it dry, it doesn't deserve that

@Kimikada
yea they are making a new one and apparently it focuses on Jill and someone else (NOT LEON FOR ONCE, THE GODS OF BROS AND FEDORAS HAS BETRAYED)

I like that they switched it around and gave Leon the Professional a break, but yeah the series itself is running out of steam...
N i c k
"Fear not the night."
→ he/him
dd9d37c13149d4412f933c2662309cbb42245e81.png
@Kimikada

well, yeah, but I really wanted to make an "Alas, poor Yorrik" joke XP

@Nicolas

I don't think any series deserves to be bled dry, truly...I mean, even the really bad ones, given that the audience would have to suffer those extra installments, and that's just no fun for anybody!

That said, it's nice that they're at least trying to switch protagonists a bit- freshen things up and such :P
(also in defense of Fedoras, they look good if you actually complete the look. I'm talkin' button-down shirt, vest, jacket, tie, the whole shabang. I, however, provide no defense for those who believe putting on a fedora automatically makes the wearer "classy". I'm only defending the innocent accessory here.)
@Kimikada

well, yeah, but I really wanted to make an "Alas, poor Yorrik" joke XP

@Nicolas

I don't think any series deserves to be bled dry, truly...I mean, even the really bad ones, given that the audience would have to suffer those extra installments, and that's just no fun for anybody!

That said, it's nice that they're at least trying to switch protagonists a bit- freshen things up and such :P
(also in defense of Fedoras, they look good if you actually complete the look. I'm talkin' button-down shirt, vest, jacket, tie, the whole shabang. I, however, provide no defense for those who believe putting on a fedora automatically makes the wearer "classy". I'm only defending the innocent accessory here.)
@Nicolas @Kimikada
The way I see it, Resident Evil and Silent Hill are both in a very similar boat. Resident Evil pretty much defined what we know today as survival horror. Silent Hill played off that definition, taking the "gorey, action paced" brand of horror and turning it into something much more psychological.

They've both had some underwhelming sequels in recent years. Resident Evil is just going more into action and leaving behind it's survival horror roots, and not everyone is sure how to feel about it. Especially since a lot of people don't feel like the controls are getting much better. Silent Hill hasn't had a truly impressive game for a while, and I'd say that after 4, Shattered Memories was probably the best and closest to the original stuff.

Resident Evil's biggest downfall is probably that it's one LONG story, whereas SH can take on new characters in the same setting. So RE's plot is definitely getting tired... who knows how much more they'll squeeze out of Umbrella and Wesker |8;

Maybe Resident Evil will become all action, but SH is still definitely horror and needs someone who knows how to do horror. They could both use a nice, fresh overhaul of a game.
@Nicolas @Kimikada
The way I see it, Resident Evil and Silent Hill are both in a very similar boat. Resident Evil pretty much defined what we know today as survival horror. Silent Hill played off that definition, taking the "gorey, action paced" brand of horror and turning it into something much more psychological.

They've both had some underwhelming sequels in recent years. Resident Evil is just going more into action and leaving behind it's survival horror roots, and not everyone is sure how to feel about it. Especially since a lot of people don't feel like the controls are getting much better. Silent Hill hasn't had a truly impressive game for a while, and I'd say that after 4, Shattered Memories was probably the best and closest to the original stuff.

Resident Evil's biggest downfall is probably that it's one LONG story, whereas SH can take on new characters in the same setting. So RE's plot is definitely getting tired... who knows how much more they'll squeeze out of Umbrella and Wesker |8;

Maybe Resident Evil will become all action, but SH is still definitely horror and needs someone who knows how to do horror. They could both use a nice, fresh overhaul of a game.
@Nicolas @LilacsandFreedom @superflumous
Yea, they both had somewhat similar game play but RE was way more focused on the actual fighting aspects of the game. Sure it had its scary parts (like the f*cking regenerators, the sounds they made, got damn) and the story started out good and strong but like any good franchise, its beginning to lose that awesome zombie shoot and kill magic. I think RE could come back if they gave it a huge overhaul but I doubt they would ever decide to do that.
@Nicolas @LilacsandFreedom @superflumous
Yea, they both had somewhat similar game play but RE was way more focused on the actual fighting aspects of the game. Sure it had its scary parts (like the f*cking regenerators, the sounds they made, got damn) and the story started out good and strong but like any good franchise, its beginning to lose that awesome zombie shoot and kill magic. I think RE could come back if they gave it a huge overhaul but I doubt they would ever decide to do that.
@Kimikada
Yeah, you're absolutely right. It's very doubtful they're gonna overhaul it, and they're probably going to stick to the action. Even if they go back to some more horror themes, story probably won't improve. Although Resident Evil has never really been all about making a good story, and more of a fun, boo-scare filled romp through zombie town.

They're still sorta fun games, more so with someone else to play co-op, but it's not really Resident Evil at this point.
@Kimikada
Yeah, you're absolutely right. It's very doubtful they're gonna overhaul it, and they're probably going to stick to the action. Even if they go back to some more horror themes, story probably won't improve. Although Resident Evil has never really been all about making a good story, and more of a fun, boo-scare filled romp through zombie town.

They're still sorta fun games, more so with someone else to play co-op, but it's not really Resident Evil at this point.
@Kimikada

again: *takes a deep breath* alaspoorresidentevilIknewitonceblahblahgamersscreamedinterrorblahblahnomorenomore
phew...

But, in all seriousness, the only thing that could probably resurrect the thing is if they do a major overhaul but...yeah, like you said, that doesn't seem like it's gonna happen any time soon...
@Kimikada

again: *takes a deep breath* alaspoorresidentevilIknewitonceblahblahgamersscreamedinterrorblahblahnomorenomore
phew...

But, in all seriousness, the only thing that could probably resurrect the thing is if they do a major overhaul but...yeah, like you said, that doesn't seem like it's gonna happen any time soon...
@superflumous @LilacsandFreedom
I like the RE co-op but it's not my favourite. Maybe if they were to improve the co-op'iness of it I could get back into it. I said before that I didnt really like deadspace but playing co-op with someone else was a blast, even if it was a little weird. Like, player 2 is another character in the story but every cut scene, player 2's character walks out of the room, or goes onto the ship leaving Isaac alone but when the game play starts up, woah, hes back!
@superflumous @LilacsandFreedom
I like the RE co-op but it's not my favourite. Maybe if they were to improve the co-op'iness of it I could get back into it. I said before that I didnt really like deadspace but playing co-op with someone else was a blast, even if it was a little weird. Like, player 2 is another character in the story but every cut scene, player 2's character walks out of the room, or goes onto the ship leaving Isaac alone but when the game play starts up, woah, hes back!
1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27