Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Shake Your Tail Feathers!
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 28 29
@Vhyxalas yeah that's pretty odd. Even if they did work, lowering the value just seems odd to do on top of making them more rare in lower venues?
@Vhyxalas yeah that's pretty odd. Even if they did work, lowering the value just seems odd to do on top of making them more rare in lower venues?
I love the idea of showing random generated dragons, that's going to be a lot of fun to play with!
The tail feathers are really cute, excellent job on those. I guess I'll have to see if I can get one in a colour I like best. (:
I love the idea of showing random generated dragons, that's going to be a lot of fun to play with!
The tail feathers are really cute, excellent job on those. I guess I'll have to see if I can get one in a colour I like best. (:
[quote name="Vhyxalas" date="2014-08-17 23:05:43"]Hooray for tail feathers! A serious and non-complaining question to the admins, though: why are Fragment sell-values being [i]reduced[/i]? Like, seriously. I get you're trying to rebalance the Coli, but making stuff that's actually a decent source of money less worth it...just kinda sucks. I'm sure everyone at least appreciates the advance warning this time. But this puts [i]another [/i]damper on future festival grinding sessions..[/quote] It's not our intention to make coliseum less profitable. We're trying to balance it and how it behaves. That's going to mean a combination of treasure adjustments, drop rate adjustments, item additions, item removals, and new items. Hybrid fragments - that drop in higher level venues - saw a buff to coincide with the nerf, in addition to the smaller buffs and additions we've been implementing as we go. If an enemy had a 0.5% chance to drop a might fragment that was reduced from 500 to 400 treasure, you'll see an average .5 tr loss per battle for enemies that had that item. (It's really quite small, because fragments don't drop commonly.) If an enemy receives a new trinket that is not replacing something, but all new on its own, it's an increase. Example: adding a trinket that drops 60% of the time for 26 treasure results in a 15.6tr average increase per battle for that enemy type. We're adding in a lot more common drops for many enemies, and will continue to do so. Unique coliseum drops result in less lootless battles, items that correspond better with what you are slaying, and greater control over the loot tables and reward curve. While some updates will have more decreases and some will have more increases, in the end we hope to have a well-rounded coliseum that feels good and rewarding to play! Please hang in there with us!
Vhyxalas wrote on 2014-08-17 23:05:43:
Hooray for tail feathers!

A serious and non-complaining question to the admins, though: why are Fragment sell-values being reduced? Like, seriously. I get you're trying to rebalance the Coli, but making stuff that's actually a decent source of money less worth it...just kinda sucks. I'm sure everyone at least appreciates the advance warning this time. But this puts another damper on future festival grinding sessions..

It's not our intention to make coliseum less profitable. We're trying to balance it and how it behaves. That's going to mean a combination of treasure adjustments, drop rate adjustments, item additions, item removals, and new items.

Hybrid fragments - that drop in higher level venues - saw a buff to coincide with the nerf, in addition to the smaller buffs and additions we've been implementing as we go.

If an enemy had a 0.5% chance to drop a might fragment that was reduced from 500 to 400 treasure, you'll see an average .5 tr loss per battle for enemies that had that item. (It's really quite small, because fragments don't drop commonly.)

If an enemy receives a new trinket that is not replacing something, but all new on its own, it's an increase. Example: adding a trinket that drops 60% of the time for 26 treasure results in a 15.6tr average increase per battle for that enemy type.

We're adding in a lot more common drops for many enemies, and will continue to do so. Unique coliseum drops result in less lootless battles, items that correspond better with what you are slaying, and greater control over the loot tables and reward curve. While some updates will have more decreases and some will have more increases, in the end we hope to have a well-rounded coliseum that feels good and rewarding to play! Please hang in there with us!
k but can you turn up the amount of items in the marketplace instead of making new items thanks

you have a thousand people on this site at once and like never more than 20 items each do you realize how insane that is
k but can you turn up the amount of items in the marketplace instead of making new items thanks

you have a thousand people on this site at once and like never more than 20 items each do you realize how insane that is
tumblr_inline_nuhfgkebrD1sejlzi_540.png
Love the update to the scrying workshop!!! Nice update!! :)
Love the update to the scrying workshop!!! Nice update!! :)
The coliseum adjustments are really nice. I'm loving the buffs to the Kelp Beds, though I'm hoping for a little more in other higher-level areas as well. Also, thank you for the forewarning on the reduced value of might and acuity fragments.
The coliseum adjustments are really nice. I'm loving the buffs to the Kelp Beds, though I'm hoping for a little more in other higher-level areas as well. Also, thank you for the forewarning on the reduced value of might and acuity fragments.
Selling old UMAs/giveaway
Giving away everything
G2 imperial giveaway
progress-rainbow-rainbow-garter-blm.png
I love the new Scrying update. Now I can see one of my baby's full potential without having to select every color and gene!

So neat!

Those batlings are too adorbz.
I love the new Scrying update. Now I can see one of my baby's full potential without having to select every color and gene!

So neat!

Those batlings are too adorbz.
RPMizsI.giftC0aqwD.gif .Rot Ends Skin.
Ooo yeah feathers

Love the scrying workshop changes!
Ooo yeah feathers

Love the scrying workshop changes!
Loving the coliseum encyclopedia information.

Thanks for the airbubble, Windsinger.
Loving the coliseum encyclopedia information.

Thanks for the airbubble, Windsinger.
JYOY.png
@Incubi

If there were 20 items each that would be amazing compared to what the truth is...

good stuff comes in batches of like 6 or 7 tops. and i mean the rarer good stuff.

the stuff the is "good" but has fewer "stars", sometimes drops in batches of like 15 though.

but all the stuff like antlers and roundhorns and silks and all of the feahter) wings except chestnut (so same with tail feathers prolly), like never gets above 7, if that. and there are /still/ sometimes stockings of just a measly one for a single item every now and then... which is absolutely ridiculous. that should have been made impossible with the stock increase "update".... which I find was a bit lackluster. I never noticed a difference. still haven't tbqh... >___>

I'm just worried that one day treasure marketplace items will start to retire... and if they never were "easy enough" to get before they disappear, that would be a little bogus for the users :/

I can't see nothing retiring with more and more items being lopped on though, hence the worry :/

I'm a flipper and I see how huge of a problem this is. its why I put up a suggestions thread forever ago.

some stalking being required makes sense. thats a norm. so having things not stock all the time is a-ok, but when an item disappears in a second. nothing more. that's just nuts. x__X.

it's become a rush of excitement when I successfully get something, cause its kinda rare with all things considering with just how much I stalk...

I have yet to get a smoke scroll for example. and i want one for a dragon of mine. lol. I'm not in a rush though. I still have yet to give a dragon current. I don't really feel a need to keep up with newest and brightest things.

but i'm not everyone... :s
@Incubi

If there were 20 items each that would be amazing compared to what the truth is...

good stuff comes in batches of like 6 or 7 tops. and i mean the rarer good stuff.

the stuff the is "good" but has fewer "stars", sometimes drops in batches of like 15 though.

but all the stuff like antlers and roundhorns and silks and all of the feahter) wings except chestnut (so same with tail feathers prolly), like never gets above 7, if that. and there are /still/ sometimes stockings of just a measly one for a single item every now and then... which is absolutely ridiculous. that should have been made impossible with the stock increase "update".... which I find was a bit lackluster. I never noticed a difference. still haven't tbqh... >___>

I'm just worried that one day treasure marketplace items will start to retire... and if they never were "easy enough" to get before they disappear, that would be a little bogus for the users :/

I can't see nothing retiring with more and more items being lopped on though, hence the worry :/

I'm a flipper and I see how huge of a problem this is. its why I put up a suggestions thread forever ago.

some stalking being required makes sense. thats a norm. so having things not stock all the time is a-ok, but when an item disappears in a second. nothing more. that's just nuts. x__X.

it's become a rush of excitement when I successfully get something, cause its kinda rare with all things considering with just how much I stalk...

I have yet to get a smoke scroll for example. and i want one for a dragon of mine. lol. I'm not in a rush though. I still have yet to give a dragon current. I don't really feel a need to keep up with newest and brightest things.

but i'm not everyone... :s
*in monotonous voice* Bueller... Bueller...

p.s. It's okay to ping me. I literally don't care as long as I'm not being "used" for raffle points and that ilk. But yeah, for the most part, I'm not so "important" I can't spare the ~5 seconds it takes to check out a ping. lol.
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 28 29