Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Fest skin prices
Go to previous page
Go to page 1 Currently on page 2
Go to next page
I think the skins are fine as they are. As others have said, they're not a requirement to collect, and with proper time management and resource utilization, you can make a fair amount in the weeks before and during the festival in order to afford all the skins that you want.

If you don't feel like parting with your hard-earned treasure, may I recommend looking into swap hubs? Many avid Coliseum grinders such as myself are happy to part with the festival chests they find in exchange for some festival currency. You can earn quite a bit of festival currency by doing your dailies and engaging with the site!
I think the skins are fine as they are. As others have said, they're not a requirement to collect, and with proper time management and resource utilization, you can make a fair amount in the weeks before and during the festival in order to afford all the skins that you want.

If you don't feel like parting with your hard-earned treasure, may I recommend looking into swap hubs? Many avid Coliseum grinders such as myself are happy to part with the festival chests they find in exchange for some festival currency. You can earn quite a bit of festival currency by doing your dailies and engaging with the site!
ytkEBod.png
5iXiC8z.png
tyEuRXe.png
9PstSFT.png
Wn6vGC1.png
IrmwTXC.png
JuaytuP.png
mlHpBMC.png
nmHdjnM.png
loimysO.png
..…….
look-at-my-fursona-her-name-is-Marsh.png
wind.gif you-WILL-look-at-my-fursona.png
The prices are fine; if you max out GG daily in a week you have enough treasure to buy 95% of the skins out of the gate. If you're finding yourself scrambling to buy all the skins I would suggest grinding out a two weeks from fest and saving all your profits.
The prices are fine; if you max out GG daily in a week you have enough treasure to buy 95% of the skins out of the gate. If you're finding yourself scrambling to buy all the skins I would suggest grinding out a two weeks from fest and saving all your profits.
Since I think no one's mentioned it yet, I'll just add: 30kt is extremely cheap for a skin/accent!! Most UMAs are in the 500g range- and that's what these skins would cost if they hadn't been chosen. The way I see it, the fest skins are a way to get cool UMAs without dropping a fortune on them.
Since I think no one's mentioned it yet, I'll just add: 30kt is extremely cheap for a skin/accent!! Most UMAs are in the 500g range- and that's what these skins would cost if they hadn't been chosen. The way I see it, the fest skins are a way to get cool UMAs without dropping a fortune on them.
z2Icd4f.png
x
Echo
(they/she/fae)
+0 fr time
6c0jmrg.png
x
goals / challenges
color wheel obelisks
Yeah I'd personally rather the prices be lowered if we are going to have so many skins each fest. At this point I'm happy if I don't like several skins because buying all the ones I want is a real drag on my wallet. There's always going to be stuff that I can't afford in the game and that's fine but it's a real bummer to feel like I'm scraping treasure together every month to keep up with festivals and their limited time offerings.

I don't think that "just grind more" is a great solution because that's basically what people are complaining about in the first place. By having ~600kt worth of official site skins offered for a limited time each month, the site is incentivizing making that much treasure per month. This is in contrast with other things like new genes/breeds, boss fams, etc. where they may be hard to get or expensive but there's no time limit. The fest skins are a FOMO thing, which I understand, but I'm not happy to see an increase in that sort of tactic on this site. I do think it's fun to have limited time events but not when they get so grindy they are taking up half the month (1 week for saving treasure, 1 week for actual festival currency grinding).
Yeah I'd personally rather the prices be lowered if we are going to have so many skins each fest. At this point I'm happy if I don't like several skins because buying all the ones I want is a real drag on my wallet. There's always going to be stuff that I can't afford in the game and that's fine but it's a real bummer to feel like I'm scraping treasure together every month to keep up with festivals and their limited time offerings.

I don't think that "just grind more" is a great solution because that's basically what people are complaining about in the first place. By having ~600kt worth of official site skins offered for a limited time each month, the site is incentivizing making that much treasure per month. This is in contrast with other things like new genes/breeds, boss fams, etc. where they may be hard to get or expensive but there's no time limit. The fest skins are a FOMO thing, which I understand, but I'm not happy to see an increase in that sort of tactic on this site. I do think it's fun to have limited time events but not when they get so grindy they are taking up half the month (1 week for saving treasure, 1 week for actual festival currency grinding).
250.png
@Lumie999 I have moved this to Suggestions as it is something that staff would need to address and is the better venue for this kind of suggestion.
@Lumie999 I have moved this to Suggestions as it is something that staff would need to address and is the better venue for this kind of suggestion.
jeGlfdJ.gif__ Volunteer Moderator: If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising team, not the volunteer moderator group. (+0 FR Time)

[quote name="Sunfeathers" date="2024-08-01 08:46:52" ] Yeah I'd personally rather the prices be lowered if we are going to have so many skins each fest. At this point I'm happy if I don't like several skins because buying all the ones I want is a real drag on my wallet. There's always going to be stuff that I can't afford in the game and that's fine but it's a real bummer to feel like I'm scraping treasure together every month to keep up with festivals and their limited time offerings. I don't think that "just grind more" is a great solution because that's basically what people are complaining about in the first place. By having ~600kt worth of official site skins offered for a limited time each month, the site is incentivizing making that much treasure per month. This is in contrast with other things like new genes/breeds, boss fams, etc. where they may be hard to get or expensive but there's no time limit. The fest skins are a FOMO thing, which I understand, but I'm not happy to see an increase in that sort of tactic on this site. I do think it's fun to have limited time events but not when they get so grindy they are taking up half the month (1 week for saving treasure, 1 week for actual festival currency grinding). [/quote] Pretty much this. One issue with the 'just grind more' is that I don't want FR to start to feel like a chore or a job, where I *have* to do X in order to do Y. If a player feels they have to play to festivals (ie, all grinding/money gaining is ONLY going to festivals) then they are more likely to just not do anything, because suddenly there is no room for other things. IE, gene/breed changes, buying new dragons etc... Even considering that not everyone buys all the skins, it sucks for those who *do* want to buy them all that they now have to start considering 'well, I am not going to be able to afford them all, so I will no longer get these', which makes treasure sinks less effective. Which is also another point. To me, the sink would be more effective if A) people weren't feeling like they need to grind to obtain the skins (because that just puts more treasure into the economy unless these people are grinding JUST to the point they need to afford the number of skins they want. There will typically be excess treasure, albeit not necessarily much) and B) people who *want* to buy all the skins are still able to do so. More skins bought = more treasure taken out. It doesn't need to be a drastic decrease in price, but it would be nice if it were considered, especially if there are any considerations to increasing the number of skin slots in the future (I know a lot of people don't like that we get new breeds but no increase in skin slots).
Sunfeathers wrote on 2024-08-01 08:46:52:

Pretty much this.

One issue with the 'just grind more' is that I don't want FR to start to feel like a chore or a job, where I *have* to do X in order to do Y.

If a player feels they have to play to festivals (ie, all grinding/money gaining is ONLY going to festivals) then they are more likely to just not do anything, because suddenly there is no room for other things. IE, gene/breed changes, buying new dragons etc...

Even considering that not everyone buys all the skins, it sucks for those who *do* want to buy them all that they now have to start considering 'well, I am not going to be able to afford them all, so I will no longer get these', which makes treasure sinks less effective.

Which is also another point. To me, the sink would be more effective if A) people weren't feeling like they need to grind to obtain the skins (because that just puts more treasure into the economy unless these people are grinding JUST to the point they need to afford the number of skins they want. There will typically be excess treasure, albeit not necessarily much) and B) people who *want* to buy all the skins are still able to do so. More skins bought = more treasure taken out.

It doesn't need to be a drastic decrease in price, but it would be nice if it were considered, especially if there are any considerations to increasing the number of skin slots in the future (I know a lot of people don't like that we get new breeds but no increase in skin slots).

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
@Lumie999

yeah, a lot of players don't realize how easy it actually is to make money quickly here or get a really good start. But one thing about the Veteran players on this site is that we really love to give out tips, tricks, and goods so we can see new players really hit their stride early on. All they gotta do is speak up or look in the right place.
@Lumie999

yeah, a lot of players don't realize how easy it actually is to make money quickly here or get a really good start. But one thing about the Veteran players on this site is that we really love to give out tips, tricks, and goods so we can see new players really hit their stride early on. All they gotta do is speak up or look in the right place.
Welcome New Players!
Here's a small list of links to Helpful Forum Guides:
..... Gathering reference v3
Swipp/Baldwin: Items to Keep
The Data-Based Money Making Guide
Exalting Treasure Payout Chart
..... Dragon Bio Resources: Comprehensive
Coliseum loot and monsters
Festival Coliseum Guide
BASIC INTRO to the Coli!
..... [Guide] BBCode
DRAGONOMICS charts
[Answers] Tomo's Trivia Tablet
G&G Very Hard Ultimate Solver
I support reducing the price for all the reasons discussed in this thread.
I support reducing the price for all the reasons discussed in this thread.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
No support, the prices are fine for reasons others have already stated!
No support, the prices are fine for reasons others have already stated!
rI2B9a8.png
Go to previous page
Go to page 1 Currently on page 2
Go to next page