Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Gene ick?
Scuttle and Keel are the most ick for me, but I'm also uncomfortable with Tentacles, Polkadot, Jewels, and Medusa.
Scuttle and Keel are the most ick for me, but I'm also uncomfortable with Tentacles, Polkadot, Jewels, and Medusa.
QhgrQOdz_o.png
__ IMG-1103.png
XmHV7tO.png
bYt72YT.png
kHBaXec.png
_ ZwbGqUa.png
s7kOTpJ.gif
FObX7rS.png
YMPbu9R.png
______________________ Z3dQSWk.png
I don't have any games that feel icky to me, but some I really dislike for their ... flatness, like Wish, Kumo often Ghost, though there are exceptions.

I also think shark looks weird? And scuttle is not really my thing.
I don't have any games that feel icky to me, but some I really dislike for their ... flatness, like Wish, Kumo often Ghost, though there are exceptions.

I also think shark looks weird? And scuttle is not really my thing.
None make me feel gross or icky but I do have a few that I just downright despise. All the primaries/secondaries I can see myself using someday, though some may take a while, esp Mosaic, Breakup, and Orb (I very much like Weaver tho, one of my new favorite genes LOL).

As for tertiaries... circuit, keel, lace, ringlets, smirch, smoke, and wish. Wavecrest for ancients.
Keel is probably my #1 most hated and I've personally never seen it look good on a dragon (sorry for those with keel dragons /.\). When it came out, I was so disappointed due to the potential it could have been. I'm a sucker for plague-inspired dragons, too, but this gene... it ain't it fam. Looks like poorly designed flat shards just slapped on there.
Wavecrest I just think looks awkward and weird. It always fades into that same shade of blue, too. It would have been nicer if there was more variaties of colors it faded into and if it was placed somewhere else on the dragon.
The rest just look noisy and lazy to me and it's hard for me to see them actually fitting in naturally with the dragon's physique.

Special shout out to Glowtail when it first came out. Iykyk, haha
None make me feel gross or icky but I do have a few that I just downright despise. All the primaries/secondaries I can see myself using someday, though some may take a while, esp Mosaic, Breakup, and Orb (I very much like Weaver tho, one of my new favorite genes LOL).

As for tertiaries... circuit, keel, lace, ringlets, smirch, smoke, and wish. Wavecrest for ancients.
Keel is probably my #1 most hated and I've personally never seen it look good on a dragon (sorry for those with keel dragons /.\). When it came out, I was so disappointed due to the potential it could have been. I'm a sucker for plague-inspired dragons, too, but this gene... it ain't it fam. Looks like poorly designed flat shards just slapped on there.
Wavecrest I just think looks awkward and weird. It always fades into that same shade of blue, too. It would have been nicer if there was more variaties of colors it faded into and if it was placed somewhere else on the dragon.
The rest just look noisy and lazy to me and it's hard for me to see them actually fitting in naturally with the dragon's physique.

Special shout out to Glowtail when it first came out. Iykyk, haha
v9O7jGU.png
crackle. hated it back when it was one of the only tertiary genes, and i still cant stand it. every other gene ive found a use for in some way, but not crackle.
crackle. hated it back when it was one of the only tertiary genes, and i still cant stand it. every other gene ive found a use for in some way, but not crackle.
34816.pngH
* zeph
* she/they
* +3 fr time
* accent shop

[quote name="Marah" date="2024-07-20 18:40:13" ] Scuttle makes me viscerally uncomfortable. [/quote] When auraboas first came out, I was testing all the genes in the scrying workshop and jumpscared myself with scuttle lmao Since then, I've come to like the gene quite a bit, especially when it displays accent colors. But it was definitely a surprise on first view.
Marah wrote on 2024-07-20 18:40:13:
Scuttle makes me viscerally uncomfortable.
When auraboas first came out, I was testing all the genes in the scrying workshop and jumpscared myself with scuttle lmao

Since then, I've come to like the gene quite a bit, especially when it displays accent colors. But it was definitely a surprise on first view.
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge (Koi Edition)
To me Underbelly is super unnatural in its simplicity. Its only use is displaying what color a hatch's tertiary is.
To me Underbelly is super unnatural in its simplicity. Its only use is displaying what color a hatch's tertiary is.
Keel oh gods keel
Keel oh gods keel
SIG-02.png
keel is the only one that makes me feel uncomfortable, like imagine having a hundred shards of metal pushing into you at all times when you're trying to sleep
keel is the only one that makes me feel uncomfortable, like imagine having a hundred shards of metal pushing into you at all times when you're trying to sleep
"We may have taken a piece of the Hoverview Vale since I cannot seem to put it back in its original position. I'm sorry if this causes any distress."

- Sylphaeri
6216044p.png