Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Tracking Lineage Yapping
I'm not sure where to post this but I have to tell someone oml I thought it would be fun to track all my dergs family trees since I just joined and got so many for free from the lovely community. Also I like genealogy anyways so I wanted to know since there's a clear, easy way of tracking lineage unlike irl. I started with my favorite baby and hoo boy. This is her btw: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=91928063][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/919281/91928063.png[/img][/url] Okay so I thought it might have some funky ancestors to look at and maybe even some older digit dergs to discover. And to be fair there was a lot of that, I even tracked her down to being related to a 2 digit dragon which was sick. However, after several hours over the past few days, I have completed [b]ONE[/b] parent's side of the family and have over 800 ancestors documented. Granted, it doesn't take too long to document a derg, but I in no way thought there would be so many for my first pick ;; Still, it's cool to have a cohesive record of ancestors! [emoji=imperial tongue size=1]
I'm not sure where to post this but I have to tell someone oml

I thought it would be fun to track all my dergs family trees since I just joined and got so many for free from the lovely community. Also I like genealogy anyways so I wanted to know since there's a clear, easy way of tracking lineage unlike irl. I started with my favorite baby and hoo boy. This is her btw:
91928063.png

Okay so I thought it might have some funky ancestors to look at and maybe even some older digit dergs to discover. And to be fair there was a lot of that, I even tracked her down to being related to a 2 digit dragon which was sick. However, after several hours over the past few days, I have completed ONE parent's side of the family and have over 800 ancestors documented. Granted, it doesn't take too long to document a derg, but I in no way thought there would be so many for my first pick ;; Still, it's cool to have a cohesive record of ancestors!
dczy1r0-c04c2cd9-f264-4ae3-9c6e-a6b676b24c21.png

They/Them (Genderflux flag)G8AyR6r.png
YMPbu9R.png
ll0CfnD.pnguFMfy5S.png
7naJZM8.gif DPrCB0j.gif
Oh that is so cool!

I thought it would be nice to write down all dragons that are related to my progen aka his blood lineage.

9000 dragons over 35 generations later, I'm still not done with that.
Oh that is so cool!

I thought it would be nice to write down all dragons that are related to my progen aka his blood lineage.

9000 dragons over 35 generations later, I'm still not done with that.
Btw I have a tool which may help:
- https://volatilematter.wixsite.com/vm-generators/family-tree-coder
If you scroll down on that page, it has a tool to automatically extract and code your dragon's parents into bbcode. Just right click on the dragon's page -> View page source -> Ctrl+a -> paste into tool
Btw I have a tool which may help:
- https://volatilematter.wixsite.com/vm-generators/family-tree-coder
If you scroll down on that page, it has a tool to automatically extract and code your dragon's parents into bbcode. Just right click on the dragon's page -> View page source -> Ctrl+a -> paste into tool
dNCLmdm.png u Spreadsheet Enthusiast u My tools website
u Wishlist u CC Free Bio Resources
u My suggestions u Offsite Tools Masterlist
-
- Please pick dragons from my hibden for forum games! -
I subscribe to every thread I make.
@Shakura
Wow, that's wild! ;o; Hope you've had fun with it tho!

@VolatileMatter
O tysm! This will help a ton! ^^
@Shakura
Wow, that's wild! ;o; Hope you've had fun with it tho!

@VolatileMatter
O tysm! This will help a ton! ^^
dczy1r0-c04c2cd9-f264-4ae3-9c6e-a6b676b24c21.png

They/Them (Genderflux flag)G8AyR6r.png
YMPbu9R.png
ll0CfnD.pnguFMfy5S.png
7naJZM8.gif DPrCB0j.gif
Mmm, lineage tracking can be quite fun [emoji=tundra laughing size=1] I'm in pretty much the exact same boat as Shakura, with thousands of progen descendants over many, [i]many[/i] generations recorded, and probably still nowhere near done!
Mmm, lineage tracking can be quite fun I'm in pretty much the exact same boat as Shakura, with thousands of progen descendants over many, many generations recorded, and probably still nowhere near done!
tumblr_petjqu6l6D1uz135no8_500.gif
I’ve been debating on breeding my progens more and sending their kiddos out to other lairs just to see how big I can get their tree going….

I rarely ever used to breed them outside of fodder so I look forward to having the same problem as Shakura and Fluffmuffler
I’ve been debating on breeding my progens more and sending their kiddos out to other lairs just to see how big I can get their tree going….

I rarely ever used to breed them outside of fodder so I look forward to having the same problem as Shakura and Fluffmuffler
wqnTQE2.png Adult Player | She/they | 3+ FR Time | Wishlist
  • nothing's new...
[quote name="Kiln" date="2024-07-12 05:39:38" ] I’ve been debating on breeding my progens more and sending their kiddos out to other lairs just to see how big I can get their tree going… [/quote] I do this! I made [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/3289310/1]a lineage project[/url] for my custom progen to see how big the family tree can get. It's not comprehensive (I don't include those who get foddered, or those born in other clans unless their owners register them) but it's still very satisfying seeing the family grow. I once saw a topic where someone was doing a comprehensive review of another clan's progen lineage (I don't know why, maybe they were friends irl?) and eventually concluded that the line was completely dead, in that the player was inactive and all of their progen descendants were either exalted or in inactive lairs. It felt really lonely. But yeah, I like the feeling of my progens' descendants thriving in clans all across Sornieth. None of those dragons would have existed if I didn't join the game!
Kiln wrote on 2024-07-12 05:39:38:
I’ve been debating on breeding my progens more and sending their kiddos out to other lairs just to see how big I can get their tree going…
I do this! I made a lineage project for my custom progen to see how big the family tree can get. It's not comprehensive (I don't include those who get foddered, or those born in other clans unless their owners register them) but it's still very satisfying seeing the family grow.

I once saw a topic where someone was doing a comprehensive review of another clan's progen lineage (I don't know why, maybe they were friends irl?) and eventually concluded that the line was completely dead, in that the player was inactive and all of their progen descendants were either exalted or in inactive lairs. It felt really lonely.

But yeah, I like the feeling of my progens' descendants thriving in clans all across Sornieth. None of those dragons would have existed if I didn't join the game!
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge (Koi Edition)
[quote name="Achaius" date="2024-07-12 07:19:04" ] [quote name="Kiln" date="2024-07-12 05:39:38" ] I’ve been debating on breeding my progens more and sending their kiddos out to other lairs just to see how big I can get their tree going… [/quote] I once saw a topic where someone was doing a comprehensive review of another clan's progen lineage (I don't know why, maybe they were friends irl?) and eventually concluded that the line was completely dead, in that the player was inactive and all of their progen descendants were either exalted or in inactive lairs. It felt really lonely. [/quote] The wording, "eventually concluded" makes me feel like this mission was some herculean undertaking...! You'd think it'd maybe take... 10 minutes? I feel like with how big the site is now, lineages take a lot of effort to keep alive. Especially from the original founder. [quote]But yeah, I like the feeling of my progens' descendants thriving in clans all across Sornieth. None of those dragons would have existed if I didn't join the game![/quote] This!!! I'm debating on scattering my progens again to see if I could make their offering more interesting? But one of them was a [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/21850060]one off XXY[/url], so I'm not sure if I could scatter the [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/21850059]other one[/url] just as nicely.
Achaius wrote on 2024-07-12 07:19:04:
Kiln wrote on 2024-07-12 05:39:38:
I’ve been debating on breeding my progens more and sending their kiddos out to other lairs just to see how big I can get their tree going…
I once saw a topic where someone was doing a comprehensive review of another clan's progen lineage (I don't know why, maybe they were friends irl?) and eventually concluded that the line was completely dead, in that the player was inactive and all of their progen descendants were either exalted or in inactive lairs. It felt really lonely.

The wording, "eventually concluded" makes me feel like this mission was some herculean undertaking...! You'd think it'd maybe take... 10 minutes?

I feel like with how big the site is now, lineages take a lot of effort to keep alive. Especially from the original founder.
Quote:
But yeah, I like the feeling of my progens' descendants thriving in clans all across Sornieth. None of those dragons would have existed if I didn't join the game!

This!!! I'm debating on scattering my progens again to see if I could make their offering more interesting? But one of them was a one off XXY, so I'm not sure if I could scatter the other one just as nicely.
wqnTQE2.png Adult Player | She/they | 3+ FR Time | Wishlist
  • nothing's new...