Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | Free dergs and an invite to info dump
@Eclipsesss hiiii can i have this guy pls he's so pretty ^^ [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/91543466][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/915435/91543466_350.png[/img][/url] as for infodumping. hdshjasdfjka as you can see from my username i am a massive SCP fan. and so i said to myself, why don't i write some clan lore. see what I can do with a Foundation Site type clan. (if you arent familiar with scp basically its this foundation that contains anomalies and monsters and things that go against "natural law" and they lock 'em up so they don't destroy the world or cause mass hysteria or something. they also do research and experiments on them) well. i may have accidentally gotten too meta. and by too meta I mean [url=https://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-5500]pataphysics[/url], [url=https://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/narrativistics-and-you]narrativistics[/url], the... entire deal. basically, "it is a constant, vast, and ever-nesting web of complex storytelling. Authors all the way up, authors all the way down. On all sides. Within and without, their sleeves rolled up and forearm deep into your psyche. You're a fanfic writer from New Jersey, I am, God is, and the Devil, too. Everything and everyone." These departments that deal with this sort of thing are basically studying their own fictionality. Finding and investigating other "narrative layers", like us, for example, the layer with SCP authors in it, one level up from them. anyways. that's enough context. i basically went and said the Pataphysics Department got a little bit too silly while testing this thing called the SWANN Engine which basically allowed a scp researcher to inhabit the mind of one of [s]us[/s] their authors. anyways, they eventually upgraded it so one of them could fully take over and replace an Author Entity instead, and expanded the range so multiple researchers could do this at the same time. they hadn't tested it before but to do so it required them to bring the target narrative layer "closer" to their own reality layer. (by closer i mean more interconnected in human thoughtspace, aka the noosphere. don't even get me started on that.) anyways, remember how i said there are these "fictional" realities on all sides of their current reality? some of them are on the same layer as them, since us SCP authors live in a world where there is also other fictional concepts- such as the world of flight rising, which occupies one such reality of their own on the same layer. Pataphysics attempted to target a "blank" side reality for their test, but accidentaly focused on the world of flight rising- sornieth i guess- and proceeded with the test which connected the realities of SCP and FR so "tangled up in each other" that the consenquences physically manifested in each one. For SCP, there were only a few new entries in their databases about various anomalies in Sornieth. Sornieth itself, however, got the worst of it, the entire idea of the Foundation affecting it so much that a random Foundation site was displaced into their reality- Site-5. (this is my reason for the scp inside joke "there is no site-5") ANyways there's now a random scp site just. sitting there. with a couple anomalies and researchers, some from the original scp reality and some new ones that they obtain. and yeah that's basically all i got so far wow did i just. type all of that out. i may as well just write all this already what am i even doing lolll. i literally just smashed two fandoms together and called it a day. this is insane
@Eclipsesss
hiiii can i have this guy pls he's so pretty ^^

91543466_350.png

as for infodumping. hdshjasdfjka as you can see from my username i am a massive SCP fan. and so i said to myself, why don't i write some clan lore. see what I can do with a Foundation Site type clan.
(if you arent familiar with scp basically its this foundation that contains anomalies and monsters and things that go against "natural law" and they lock 'em up so they don't destroy the world or cause mass hysteria or something. they also do research and experiments on them)

well. i may have accidentally gotten too meta. and by too meta I mean pataphysics, narrativistics, the... entire deal.

basically, "it is a constant, vast, and ever-nesting web of complex storytelling. Authors all the way up, authors all the way down. On all sides. Within and without, their sleeves rolled up and forearm deep into your psyche. You're a fanfic writer from New Jersey, I am, God is, and the Devil, too. Everything and everyone." These departments that deal with this sort of thing are basically studying their own fictionality. Finding and investigating other "narrative layers", like us, for example, the layer with SCP authors in it, one level up from them.

anyways. that's enough context. i basically went and said the Pataphysics Department got a little bit too silly while testing this thing called the SWANN Engine which basically allowed a scp researcher to inhabit the mind of one of us their authors. anyways, they eventually upgraded it so one of them could fully take over and replace an Author Entity instead, and expanded the range so multiple researchers could do this at the same time. they hadn't tested it before but to do so it required them to bring the target narrative layer "closer" to their own reality layer.

(by closer i mean more interconnected in human thoughtspace, aka the noosphere. don't even get me started on that.)

anyways, remember how i said there are these "fictional" realities on all sides of their current reality? some of them are on the same layer as them, since us SCP authors live in a world where there is also other fictional concepts- such as the world of flight rising, which occupies one such reality of their own on the same layer.

Pataphysics attempted to target a "blank" side reality for their test, but accidentaly focused on the world of flight rising- sornieth i guess- and proceeded with the test which connected the realities of SCP and FR so "tangled up in each other" that the consenquences physically manifested in each one.

For SCP, there were only a few new entries in their databases about various anomalies in Sornieth.

Sornieth itself, however, got the worst of it, the entire idea of the Foundation affecting it so much that a random Foundation site was displaced into their reality- Site-5. (this is my reason for the scp inside joke "there is no site-5")

ANyways there's now a random scp site just. sitting there. with a couple anomalies and researchers, some from the original scp reality and some new ones that they obtain. and yeah that's basically all i got so far

wow did i just. type all of that out. i may as well just write all this already what am i even doing lolll. i literally just smashed two fandoms together and called it a day. this is insane
RG2oRUw.png
gkxJjUo.png
9TCvzie.png
kQCA6X7.png jY15nXY.png
Screenshot-2024-05-20-041216-1-1-1.png
@n1ghtw1ngSCP
Of course you can have him! And you're right he is pretty.

I actually know SCP and have known it for years. I have been planning on reading everything I can about it but I always been too busy. Thanks for reminding me of this goal.
I never heard of pataphysics and narrativistics but looking at the link you sent helped a lot.
I never would have guessed Flight Rising and SCP had connections in any way. And your reasoning of site-5 makes sense considering this event.
Thanks again for sharing this. I need to look more into it.
@n1ghtw1ngSCP
Of course you can have him! And you're right he is pretty.

I actually know SCP and have known it for years. I have been planning on reading everything I can about it but I always been too busy. Thanks for reminding me of this goal.
I never heard of pataphysics and narrativistics but looking at the link you sent helped a lot.
I never would have guessed Flight Rising and SCP had connections in any way. And your reasoning of site-5 makes sense considering this event.
Thanks again for sharing this. I need to look more into it.
Bumppp
No thoughts head empty.
Bumppp
No thoughts head empty.
BUMPPP
BUMPPP
Bump bump bump
Bump bump bump
Hello! May I adopt this beautiful fellow? [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/91543464][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/915435/91543464_350.png[/img]\ Recently I've been getting really into prehistoric animals and evolution. Its so fascinating to me to learn about animals that lived back then and how we figured it out. A fun fact is that many animals that we know as small or big were quite the opposite back then. This is because, due to extinction, it caused many changes in the environment. So over time, through evolution, they changed sizes to adapt better. Some examples are elephants and sloths :)
Hello! May I adopt this beautiful fellow? 91543464_350.png\

Recently I've been getting really into prehistoric animals and evolution. Its so fascinating to me to learn about animals that lived back then and how we figured it out. A fun fact is that many animals that we know as small or big were quite the opposite back then. This is because, due to extinction, it caused many changes in the environment. So over time, through evolution, they changed sizes to adapt better. Some examples are elephants and sloths :)
@crypticxsouls
You may adopt the beautiful fellow!
It is very interesting how animals became smaller as time went on. Seeing giant ground sloth bones really makes you understand the size difference between the animals of today and then. Evolution is such a intriguing subject. I am planning on using these facts and informations in my own stories.
@crypticxsouls
You may adopt the beautiful fellow!
It is very interesting how animals became smaller as time went on. Seeing giant ground sloth bones really makes you understand the size difference between the animals of today and then. Evolution is such a intriguing subject. I am planning on using these facts and informations in my own stories.