Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | how bad are blushing pink rose drops?
asking for a friend (it's me) (i'm the friend) (if you're not your own best friend what's even the point)

need a sakura flowerfall for a fandragon and i'm trying to prepare myself, emotionally, for at least farming one or two of them... but when you think about it LAH is <100kT each and some breed changes are 400kT. i can totally just buy them, but i'm stubborn and don't really want to pay full price. is this endeavor worth my time? is it worth anyone's?? why do they only drop off of two pre-expansion enemies in the woodland path? many such mysteries in the world...

but yeah if anyone has experience in the field of rose farming i would love your input. are they like, egg bad? normal venue limited apparel bad? what are the metrics
asking for a friend (it's me) (i'm the friend) (if you're not your own best friend what's even the point)

need a sakura flowerfall for a fandragon and i'm trying to prepare myself, emotionally, for at least farming one or two of them... but when you think about it LAH is <100kT each and some breed changes are 400kT. i can totally just buy them, but i'm stubborn and don't really want to pay full price. is this endeavor worth my time? is it worth anyone's?? why do they only drop off of two pre-expansion enemies in the woodland path? many such mysteries in the world...

but yeah if anyone has experience in the field of rose farming i would love your input. are they like, egg bad? normal venue limited apparel bad? what are the metrics
E180CB7.png Rz7ZJcJ.png
Egg bad.

Edit_--_Just learn to love Woodland Path and Forgotten Cave,
Egg bad.

Edit_--_Just learn to love Woodland Path and Forgotten Cave,
Yes, my name is strangely spelled.
~~~~~~~~~~

I am not a hoarder. I am, in fact, the caretaker of an exquisitely curated collection of Level 25 Dragons. Yes, there is so a difference.
Sooo… admittedly I’m not a major coli player, I just do like five minutes most evenings, and usually not in low-level venues but… I’ve been here ten years and I’ve had four BPRs drop.

So I’d agree, egg bad.
Sooo… admittedly I’m not a major coli player, I just do like five minutes most evenings, and usually not in low-level venues but… I’ve been here ten years and I’ve had four BPRs drop.

So I’d agree, egg bad.
Coffee Pot
May be grumpy before coffee. And after coffee. (FR+8)
5loJkio.jpg
like are you needing just the Wilted Rose plant, Sakura Owl Familiar or both?
Never mind I got the wrong swap trade but

You will have a higher chance in the Woodland path because 2 enemies drop it while the forgotten cave only has 1

Depends on if you have two lvl 25s or not so the can scratch and done everything in there
I've gotten more roses than I got eggs or eliminates to drop from the coli but it's still rare
It helps if you're not grinding for one specific item only
Like I was grinding for eliminates in the forgotten cave and what made it bearable was I was also hunting the venue money chests for AH.
like are you needing just the Wilted Rose plant, Sakura Owl Familiar or both?
Never mind I got the wrong swap trade but

You will have a higher chance in the Woodland path because 2 enemies drop it while the forgotten cave only has 1

Depends on if you have two lvl 25s or not so the can scratch and done everything in there
I've gotten more roses than I got eggs or eliminates to drop from the coli but it's still rare
It helps if you're not grinding for one specific item only
Like I was grinding for eliminates in the forgotten cave and what made it bearable was I was also hunting the venue money chests for AH.
Jqlkxca.png
egg bad

personally i'd just buy all of the mats off AH and wait for it to cycle into swipp, you're saving about 120kt (90kt x 4 roses = 360kt + negligible cost of the owl vs current LAH 480kt) and, more importantly, a LOT of time

im a penny pincher too but frankly unless you're grinding in woodland path for food / other uncommon-very rare drops, it just isn't worth it. save yourself the headache
egg bad

personally i'd just buy all of the mats off AH and wait for it to cycle into swipp, you're saving about 120kt (90kt x 4 roses = 360kt + negligible cost of the owl vs current LAH 480kt) and, more importantly, a LOT of time

im a penny pincher too but frankly unless you're grinding in woodland path for food / other uncommon-very rare drops, it just isn't worth it. save yourself the headache
The way I see it, Kyogre is surrounded.
What's under the ocean? That's right, more earth.
about - wish/list - badges
They just sort of accumulate?

Woodland Path is usually in the top 3 venues every elemental festival so I'm there for about 40 days a year and I'll get 3-6 a year over something like 80 hours.

I wouldn't stress over it but do spend your festival weeks grinding there. Even if you don't get the drop you're looking for you'll still get festival currency.
They just sort of accumulate?

Woodland Path is usually in the top 3 venues every elemental festival so I'm there for about 40 days a year and I'll get 3-6 a year over something like 80 hours.

I wouldn't stress over it but do spend your festival weeks grinding there. Even if you don't get the drop you're looking for you'll still get festival currency.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
they can be rough since they only drop off two enemies there, but i've had surprisingly decent luck with them. i need 8 for 2 flowerfalls and i got 4 to drop in a relatively short-ish period of time within a month when i first started looking, and got a 5th recently after a quick stop to WP after doing some other farming
so i'd say it's definitely doable if you're determined, but definitely temper your expectations. you could get extremely lucky and be done really fast, or it could take ages. when i first saw the drop rate i mentally prepared myself to be at it for months of active/intermittent farming, and i've already been at it for 5ish months on and off when i have time

for what it's worth though, woodland path has a high percentage of neutral enemies, which means lots of chances for fathom scrolls and better than average fest currency drops. if you don't want to spend that long looking for roses, you could just stay there long enough to get a couple stacks of fest currency, sell, and buy a rose with what you earned from that. selling drops from woodland path would definitely be a viable way to save up to buy the roses if nothing else
they can be rough since they only drop off two enemies there, but i've had surprisingly decent luck with them. i need 8 for 2 flowerfalls and i got 4 to drop in a relatively short-ish period of time within a month when i first started looking, and got a 5th recently after a quick stop to WP after doing some other farming
so i'd say it's definitely doable if you're determined, but definitely temper your expectations. you could get extremely lucky and be done really fast, or it could take ages. when i first saw the drop rate i mentally prepared myself to be at it for months of active/intermittent farming, and i've already been at it for 5ish months on and off when i have time

for what it's worth though, woodland path has a high percentage of neutral enemies, which means lots of chances for fathom scrolls and better than average fest currency drops. if you don't want to spend that long looking for roses, you could just stay there long enough to get a couple stacks of fest currency, sell, and buy a rose with what you earned from that. selling drops from woodland path would definitely be a viable way to save up to buy the roses if nothing else
Nonbinary
Trans Masculine
Xenogender

Avatar Dragon. The button is linked to my current avatar dragon.
For sale. The button is linked to my dragon sales lair tab.
limes, benrey, or belial || they/them & neos

on at weird times
very anxious, so forum activity is sporadic at best
for my dragons - pose =/= pronouns. please use they/them for any of them unless otherwise specified
I've been on this site for 4 years and I just got my first ever blushing pink rose about two weeks ago grinding for Unfathomable Odyssey. Definitely worse than egg luck, at least for me lol
I've been on this site for 4 years and I just got my first ever blushing pink rose about two weeks ago grinding for Unfathomable Odyssey. Definitely worse than egg luck, at least for me lol
J7D1quC.png
ll0CfnD.png
7ophKeo.png
qLsXWsx.png
FObX7rS.png
_______________________________________________ XJHEfuf.png
thank you everyone for the input here are my additional thoughts and context
  • i have been here on this website for like 8 years and i haven't ever gotten a blushing pink rose... i HAVE gotten really burnt out on woodland path grinding though since the glamourtail release, since my friend and i struck a deal that i'd grind for all the charger fins and she'd grind for all the loaches. it took forever and it was really boring, and when i saw that clown charger fins were a den task i wanted to cry. i think i might've gotten one rose and then sent it to my friend because she was also in the sakura flowerfall mines
  • (does anyone else remember the glamourtail release. that was like 7 years ago. it's so dark in here)
  • i can absolutely afford to buy 3 blushing pink roses (thank you so much to the user who sent me one i owe you my life forever), which is why i compared it to a breed change - it's not THAT much money considering how lategame i am of a flight rising player. i just don't want to spend money if it seems like there is at all a way to do it for free (ie, grinding for them myself)
  • however i do have carpal tunnel so it's probably smarter to just buy them especially with how easy it is to max out fairgrounds with glimmer and gloom
  • i got an egg from coli yesterday actually so by the laws of rng i would never get a blushing rose for the next 6 months anyway. lowkey does anyone want it i'm terrible with hoarding valuable items and never selling them

so i guess i am going to the auction house now! thank you gamers :]
thank you everyone for the input here are my additional thoughts and context
  • i have been here on this website for like 8 years and i haven't ever gotten a blushing pink rose... i HAVE gotten really burnt out on woodland path grinding though since the glamourtail release, since my friend and i struck a deal that i'd grind for all the charger fins and she'd grind for all the loaches. it took forever and it was really boring, and when i saw that clown charger fins were a den task i wanted to cry. i think i might've gotten one rose and then sent it to my friend because she was also in the sakura flowerfall mines
  • (does anyone else remember the glamourtail release. that was like 7 years ago. it's so dark in here)
  • i can absolutely afford to buy 3 blushing pink roses (thank you so much to the user who sent me one i owe you my life forever), which is why i compared it to a breed change - it's not THAT much money considering how lategame i am of a flight rising player. i just don't want to spend money if it seems like there is at all a way to do it for free (ie, grinding for them myself)
  • however i do have carpal tunnel so it's probably smarter to just buy them especially with how easy it is to max out fairgrounds with glimmer and gloom
  • i got an egg from coli yesterday actually so by the laws of rng i would never get a blushing rose for the next 6 months anyway. lowkey does anyone want it i'm terrible with hoarding valuable items and never selling them

so i guess i am going to the auction house now! thank you gamers :]
E180CB7.png Rz7ZJcJ.png
i just checked and i dont have a single one, and ive had FROST DELVERS drop
i just checked and i dont have a single one, and ive had FROST DELVERS drop
eNC9ZRF.jpeg