Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Dragons on nest changed
1 2 3
Oh yay!! I honestly thought my tablet was just being goofy haha
Oh yay!! I honestly thought my tablet was just being goofy haha
c78fb34a-2f8e-11eb-a63c-492b8a503cf7.gif jHSxBWy.png
Ask me about my silly spy shows!
I'm on_a_sunbeam on Artfight!
I just realised that this has happened to me before, however I caught it before I confirmed the nest. I was on my Ipad, on Safari. I'm [i]pretty[/i] sure it was with Eleff and Fox - [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/92265352][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/922654/92265352.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/77440638][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/774407/77440638.png[/img][/url] I was wondering who to breed Fox with, and so was checking the 'preview offspring' thing. It was on Eleff and Fox, but the colours in the preview were way off. (Eleff and Fox both have Obsidian/Obsidian) Fox is actually pretty important to me so I'm glad I caught it. I'm glad this has (assumedly) been fixed, I know there's quite a few people who are scared to breed their dragons out of fear that they might breed an important lore dragon or self-insert.
I just realised that this has happened to me before, however I caught it before I confirmed the nest.
I was on my Ipad, on Safari.

I'm pretty sure it was with Eleff and Fox -
92265352.png77440638.png
I was wondering who to breed Fox with, and so was checking the 'preview offspring' thing. It was on Eleff and Fox, but the colours in the preview were way off. (Eleff and Fox both have Obsidian/Obsidian)

Fox is actually pretty important to me so I'm glad I caught it.

I'm glad this has (assumedly) been fixed, I know there's quite a few people who are scared to breed their dragons out of fear that they might breed an important lore dragon or self-insert.
Nba8ElM.pngypcKWM0.pngoEGalah.pngWNKiucd.pngnWiQNX9.png
demiboy.png90599465p.png92710612p.png93985348p.pngaro.png
Minty - Unknown - Smokeberry
Quote:
On that note, if you have a nest that was affected, we request that you please do not incubate or hatch the nest for the time being. Once dragons are hatched, their parentage is permanently set in stone.
@mutron

I am extremely disappointed and angry this is not the response I was given back in October.
Support completely dismissed me when I originally created a report about this bug, and it was involving a dragon that I spent real life ($50) money to get and customize. I was devastated it was pulled to breed with a random female when I specifically intended (and had written lore) that this dragon would never be bred or have offspring.

After two full weeks of waiting, I had a cold response that told me there was NO WAY to reverse the nest and that the eggs were my now my responsibility.

I really wanted to support Flight Rising and the creators of this site, especially Jessica Peffer, but after this mistake happened I was told that it was my fault and written off. Even after I submitted video proof of it being a server side issue, my case file was closed and all I was told was “if this is truly not a user error, we will forward it to the site engineers.” No further follow-up or apology to rectify the damage.

Now I do not feel comfortable spending money here to support such a mishandled, unprofessional support staff that would blame their own players in such an egregious way instead of taking responsibly for their own server problems.
Quote:
On that note, if you have a nest that was affected, we request that you please do not incubate or hatch the nest for the time being. Once dragons are hatched, their parentage is permanently set in stone.
@mutron

I am extremely disappointed and angry this is not the response I was given back in October.
Support completely dismissed me when I originally created a report about this bug, and it was involving a dragon that I spent real life ($50) money to get and customize. I was devastated it was pulled to breed with a random female when I specifically intended (and had written lore) that this dragon would never be bred or have offspring.

After two full weeks of waiting, I had a cold response that told me there was NO WAY to reverse the nest and that the eggs were my now my responsibility.

I really wanted to support Flight Rising and the creators of this site, especially Jessica Peffer, but after this mistake happened I was told that it was my fault and written off. Even after I submitted video proof of it being a server side issue, my case file was closed and all I was told was “if this is truly not a user error, we will forward it to the site engineers.” No further follow-up or apology to rectify the damage.

Now I do not feel comfortable spending money here to support such a mishandled, unprofessional support staff that would blame their own players in such an egregious way instead of taking responsibly for their own server problems.
……..…. rBM002b.gif ……..…. I accept random friend requests!
sx.png
Art Sales | About
Wishlist/Trades! | Skin shop
wTFvIzl.gif
@undertones I remember this happened to you at some point!
@undertones I remember this happened to you at some point!
JellyRaven

WvEXipG.png

E4qlLPv.png
Thank you for fixing this. I am a mostly mobile user and I had this happen to me. Fortunately, the accidental dragon that got bred wasn't one of my Gen 1's. And ever since, I've been super careful to be very slow on the breeding page to avoid hitting the list a second time when it would flash up again. It's nice to know there are now safeguards in place to avoid having it happen now.
Thank you for fixing this. I am a mostly mobile user and I had this happen to me. Fortunately, the accidental dragon that got bred wasn't one of my Gen 1's. And ever since, I've been super careful to be very slow on the breeding page to avoid hitting the list a second time when it would flash up again. It's nice to know there are now safeguards in place to avoid having it happen now.
ruNnigQ.gif For
Sale
93305175.png91412144.png87809713.png.png
Woah, seeing the technical resolution to this is really nice. The same bug happened to me back in 2017! Glad to see that hopefully this bug won't affect anyone ever again.
Woah, seeing the technical resolution to this is really nice. The same bug happened to me back in 2017! Glad to see that hopefully this bug won't affect anyone ever again.
UL8LHAi.png
A N . I N J U R Y . T O . O N E
art shop | hatchery | theme song
I S . A N . I N J U R Y . T O . A L L
Mozilla supremacy once again.

I'd still love for a treasure item to be considered to decay a nest. It could still restrict the nest to all the days it would have been naturally to avoid - I don't know, abuse? of such a feature. If no item can ever delete parentage (which I understand is likely unrealistic, but I'd say would be a great gem item) then I feel players should be given some power to control a mistake. Whether driven by user-error or glitch. Just as we can rename dragons.
Mozilla supremacy once again.

I'd still love for a treasure item to be considered to decay a nest. It could still restrict the nest to all the days it would have been naturally to avoid - I don't know, abuse? of such a feature. If no item can ever delete parentage (which I understand is likely unrealistic, but I'd say would be a great gem item) then I feel players should be given some power to control a mistake. Whether driven by user-error or glitch. Just as we can rename dragons.
@peachygremlim Unfortunately it’s happening on Mozilla too fam, on page 1 of this thread there’s someone who reported not using iOS OR Safari in December. I would still be careful!

Quote:
I also had this happen to me yesterday. I was breeding fodder dragons Hanna and Polpo, but when I hit confirm Hanna got switched out for Njord, my Wind rep that I don't want bred.
They're no where near each other in my lair or in IDs. I use Mozilla Firefox on PC.
@peachygremlim Unfortunately it’s happening on Mozilla too fam, on page 1 of this thread there’s someone who reported not using iOS OR Safari in December. I would still be careful!

Quote:
I also had this happen to me yesterday. I was breeding fodder dragons Hanna and Polpo, but when I hit confirm Hanna got switched out for Njord, my Wind rep that I don't want bred.
They're no where near each other in my lair or in IDs. I use Mozilla Firefox on PC.
……..…. rBM002b.gif ……..…. I accept random friend requests!
sx.png
Art Sales | About
Wishlist/Trades! | Skin shop
wTFvIzl.gif
1 2 3