Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Dragons on nest changed
1 2
I was trying to nest my dragons, Heather and Mori, (will link later as I’m on mobile) and the screen showed Mori’s image and name yet after I pressed confirm, it suddenly changed to a different dragon, Aquarius.

Browser: Safari (?)
I was trying to nest my dragons, Heather and Mori, (will link later as I’m on mobile) and the screen showed Mori’s image and name yet after I pressed confirm, it suddenly changed to a different dragon, Aquarius.

Browser: Safari (?)
a button that says she/her on it.a button that says exalt lair on it.a button that says grinding on it, it links to this user's grinding services.
a button that says and links to this user's avatar dragon.a button that says +3 FR time.a button that says about me, it links to this user's about me.
Hey I'm Bea!
@RocketBear

I've run into a similar issue, although I managed to catch it before nesting. Did you notice the name selector drop down go crazy (open up very all the way and sort of refresh) for just a second after you chose your dragon's name?

I've noticed that it only happens on Safari, but if my phone screen logs another tap on my phone screen for a split second, it will change the dragon name but not the image and select the wrong one for breeding.
@RocketBear

I've run into a similar issue, although I managed to catch it before nesting. Did you notice the name selector drop down go crazy (open up very all the way and sort of refresh) for just a second after you chose your dragon's name?

I've noticed that it only happens on Safari, but if my phone screen logs another tap on my phone screen for a split second, it will change the dragon name but not the image and select the wrong one for breeding.
20119.png20118.png
@Valikor

No, I did not.
@Valikor

No, I did not.
a button that says she/her on it.a button that says exalt lair on it.a button that says grinding on it, it links to this user's grinding services.
a button that says and links to this user's avatar dragon.a button that says +3 FR time.a button that says about me, it links to this user's about me.
Hey I'm Bea!
@rocketbear I was just about to post about this!! I encountered a terrible glitch involving the 5-dragon layout for nesting. I have reported this glitch to support and requested they cancel the nest due to the fact I can prove it was not user error, but a server-side issue that caused this breeding to happen erroneously. I am still waiting on a response. I attempted to put a nesting pair in and after confirming the parents, the male dragon CHANGED from the dragon I selected to a random dragon in my lair. In this case it was one of my very precious lore characters that now has eggs that I did not want. I was able to replicate this glitch. It occurred for me on an iPad Pro 11 inch in Safari. This glitch happens when a lair is using a 5-dragon tab layout. It DID display the correct pair in icon and in text. The ONLY way to know this glitch has happened is if you CHECK the genes and colours on the preview children to make sure they line up with possibilities from the parents you chose. I replicated the glitch using a 5 dragon tab in my lair and got a screenshot of it happening. [img]https://i.imgur.com/TRaK4Dw.png[/img] In the photo, the male dragon on the left has metallic, bee, opal, and the female has crystal, facet, basic. The children are showing with CRYSTAL, JESTER, and BASIC. This indicates it is pulling a DIFFERENT MALE than the one it is showing, since neither pictured dragon has JESTER. When I clicked the dropdown, the dragon I had selected (Findarato) had disappeared from his usual spot in the list and the name was now showing ABOVE the Select Dragon: text. I have not had this happen on a laptop or computer yet, but it's very scary. I know I have gotten in the habit of just mashing "nest pair" when I know I selected the correct dragons from the dropdown, but that's not enough anymore to be sure. Anyone using a mobile device might need to add an extra step to check for glitches, or avoid the 5 dragon style layout for all of their tabs just to be safe. I have not had it happen yet on a 4-dragon view tab, but that doesn't mean it can't happen.
@rocketbear I was just about to post about this!!

I encountered a terrible glitch involving the 5-dragon layout for nesting. I have reported this glitch to support and requested they cancel the nest due to the fact I can prove it was not user error, but a server-side issue that caused this breeding to happen erroneously.
I am still waiting on a response.

I attempted to put a nesting pair in and after confirming the parents, the male dragon CHANGED from the dragon I selected to a random dragon in my lair. In this case it was one of my very precious lore characters that now has eggs that I did not want. I was able to replicate this glitch.

It occurred for me on an iPad Pro 11 inch in Safari. This glitch happens when a lair is using a 5-dragon tab layout. It DID display the correct pair in icon and in text.
The ONLY way to know this glitch has happened is if you CHECK the genes and colours on the preview children to make sure they line up with possibilities from the parents you chose.
I replicated the glitch using a 5 dragon tab in my lair and got a screenshot of it happening.

TRaK4Dw.png

In the photo, the male dragon on the left has metallic, bee, opal, and the female has crystal, facet, basic.
The children are showing with CRYSTAL, JESTER, and BASIC.
This indicates it is pulling a DIFFERENT MALE than the one it is showing, since neither pictured dragon has JESTER. When I clicked the dropdown, the dragon I had selected (Findarato) had disappeared from his usual spot in the list and the name was now showing ABOVE the Select Dragon: text.

I have not had this happen on a laptop or computer yet, but it's very scary. I know I have gotten in the habit of just mashing "nest pair" when I know I selected the correct dragons from the dropdown, but that's not enough anymore to be sure. Anyone using a mobile device might need to add an extra step to check for glitches, or avoid the 5 dragon style layout for all of their tabs just to be safe. I have not had it happen yet on a 4-dragon view tab, but that doesn't mean it can't happen.
……..…. rBM002b.gif ……..…. I accept random friend requests!
sx.png
My Art | About
Hatchery (on hiatus) | Skin shop
wTFvIzl.gif
This specific issue just occurred to me: I was attempting to nest these two, I pulled three previews, seemed normal, everything was thylacine and seraph, bc of course, rarities would do that, names did display correctly and previews seemed correct, and the correct dragons were shown. However, the drop down reappeared briefly? It went [i]twang[/i] like a rubber band, and oops, now the wrong dragon is bred while the page was processing. Fun times: I use both 5 and 4 dragon layouts, and the error occurred while breeding one from a 4 dragon layout tab. Device: IPhone SE OS: 16.6 Browser: Safari (built in) Time of issue/bug event: 10:39 server Intended nest: [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/87344560][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/873446/87344560.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/90409813][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/904099/90409813.png[/img][/url] “Herschel” vs “Alvar”[/center] Nest which occurred: [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/74836976][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/748370/74836976.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/90409813][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/904099/90409813.png[/img][/url] “Paredoilia” vs “Alvar”[/center] Fortunately for me, Paredoilia is a dragon I’m fine breeding, and the end result here isn’t a bad one for the project, even if unintended and less than likely to give the dragon I was aiming for, especially given they only had One egg - it would have been disastrous had it been either of his neighbors, who are both unbred G1s. Just noting that while unheard of for about a month, this wacky little glitch can still happen![i][/i] [RULE] Edit: I attempted to replicate the visual thing I saw while screen recording - I basically managed to get the menu to “twang” again, and I believe I have figured out what is happening. It does not [i]always[/i] “twang”. It only occasionally does it, and when it does, it basically reactivates the drop down selection. The drop down, as you can see, covers both preview offspring and nest dragon buttons. [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/04067643244a4e786465ced6aee982a3/214a2afc58d66dc4-8b/s1280x1920/b60cc5ebff9710e367348dd30815fcd4b950cd35.gif[/img] [ [url=https://drive.google.com/file/d/15ZDD9aj0esYWVWB0AySuumh5W9e3ia7D/view?usp=drivesdk]see recording here[/url] ] In the recording, of course, I’m not tapping anything immediately after making a selection, because I’m playing, and have also forgotten what dragon I wanted to grab. (I didn’t, but grabbing the wrong Tulii earlier on made me double take and believe I’d forgotten my target dragon’s name, so… yeah) I, when breeding, almost [i]always[/i] immediately tap again in the spot I know the “preview offspring” button to be, or sometimes immediately tap the nest button. But, if the drop down “reactivates” like it did there, then in theory, it would select a new dragon from whatever the first offerings of the list would be when I tap quickly for previews. And if it doesn’t update the image and name, then the glitch could easily occur if not caught prior to clicking “nest”.
This specific issue just occurred to me: I was attempting to nest these two, I pulled three previews, seemed normal, everything was thylacine and seraph, bc of course, rarities would do that, names did display correctly and previews seemed correct, and the correct dragons were shown. However, the drop down reappeared briefly? It went twang like a rubber band, and oops, now the wrong dragon is bred while the page was processing.
Fun times: I use both 5 and 4 dragon layouts, and the error occurred while breeding one from a 4 dragon layout tab.

Device: IPhone SE
Browser: Safari (built in)
Time of issue/bug event: 10:39 server

Intended nest:
87344560.png 90409813.png
“Herschel” vs “Alvar”

Nest which occurred:
74836976.png 90409813.png
“Paredoilia” vs “Alvar”

Fortunately for me, Paredoilia is a dragon I’m fine breeding, and the end result here isn’t a bad one for the project, even if unintended and less than likely to give the dragon I was aiming for, especially given they only had One egg - it would have been disastrous had it been either of his neighbors, who are both unbred G1s.

Just noting that while unheard of for about a month, this wacky little glitch can still happen!

Edit:
I attempted to replicate the visual thing I saw while screen recording - I basically managed to get the menu to “twang” again, and I believe I have figured out what is happening. It does not always “twang”. It only occasionally does it, and when it does, it basically reactivates the drop down selection. The drop down, as you can see, covers both preview offspring and nest dragon buttons.

b60cc5ebff9710e367348dd30815fcd4b950cd35.gif
[ see recording here ]

In the recording, of course, I’m not tapping anything immediately after making a selection, because I’m playing, and have also forgotten what dragon I wanted to grab. (I didn’t, but grabbing the wrong Tulii earlier on made me double take and believe I’d forgotten my target dragon’s name, so… yeah)

I, when breeding, almost always immediately tap again in the spot I know the “preview offspring” button to be, or sometimes immediately tap the nest button. But, if the drop down “reactivates” like it did there, then in theory, it would select a new dragon from whatever the first offerings of the list would be when I tap quickly for previews. And if it doesn’t update the image and name, then the glitch could easily occur if not caught prior to clicking “nest”.
tumblr_ovtz1tN6nh1tv56zio1_75sq.png tumblr_o6ikuvf6GR1u1qfsvo1_75sq.pngc4eUz.gif
tumblr_otmi52hHFv1tv56zio6_r1_1280.png

I’ve had this issue before, although since I only breed fodder dragons I never really paid much attention to it. The dropdown menus do act funky on safari, both in the nesting grounds and in the scrying workshop.

It seems like it’s a safari issue, since I’ve been unable to replicate it on my laptop or my phone.

I’ve had this issue before, although since I only breed fodder dragons I never really paid much attention to it. The dropdown menus do act funky on safari, both in the nesting grounds and in the scrying workshop.

It seems like it’s a safari issue, since I’ve been unable to replicate it on my laptop or my phone.
54903613_BfOznXPD7fp3QHV.gif qbj5aU6.gif ?PTfL=party_xy.png
I also had this happen to me yesterday. I was breeding fodder dragons Hanna and Polpo, but when I hit confirm Hanna got switched out for Njord, my Wind rep that I don't want bred.
They're no where near each other in my lair or in IDs. I use Mozilla Firefox on PC.
I also had this happen to me yesterday. I was breeding fodder dragons Hanna and Polpo, but when I hit confirm Hanna got switched out for Njord, my Wind rep that I don't want bred.
They're no where near each other in my lair or in IDs. I use Mozilla Firefox on PC.
This Has occurred once more - the drop down flashed open again briefly (reactivated after selecting Riku) and it would seem Paredoilia is The Dragon in the spot over either button. Thankfully, I caught it, and did Not complete the nest, and deselected the correct dragon instead. [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/06d2b53798a34e08e29dbb8cde562c84/36a3892b174c4eea-99/s1280x1920/03506ffa6abf4311480c79ef6ccdda7d3887e726.jpg[/img] [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/b0233b2764cff17f6046ee1bc8c1e462/36a3892b174c4eea-1e/s1280x1920/85e926c1dc49abc61d5815e0aed833ec27d241fe.jpg[/img] My previous hypothesis (unfortunately not recorded bc I couldn’t have predicted it) has been proven correct - when automatically going through the motions when nesting bc I’m excited, this glitch can and will get me ! The drop-down re-activates, my finger is already hitting “preview” or “confirm”, and poor Paredoilia will get chosen/swapped in without updating the preview image, but totally updating the selected dragon. (Idk which dragon on the female side is in the spot yet) Thankfully, I caught it because I clicked preview and not confirm, but!! Again, go slow, always preview, the glitch is easy to catch with regards to that course of action. Don’t get excited and press confirm! You won’t have the time to react to a drop down glitch if the button pressed is confirm. Edit: I’ve managed to catch the glitch on video, which I posted to tumblr here: https://www.tumblr.com/thewindbloom/740456636692496384/heads-up-that-one-breeding-glitch-is-still-active
This Has occurred once more - the drop down flashed open again briefly (reactivated after selecting Riku) and it would seem Paredoilia is The Dragon in the spot over either button. Thankfully, I caught it, and did Not complete the nest, and deselected the correct dragon instead.
03506ffa6abf4311480c79ef6ccdda7d3887e726.jpg
85e926c1dc49abc61d5815e0aed833ec27d241fe.jpg
My previous hypothesis (unfortunately not recorded bc I couldn’t have predicted it) has been proven correct - when automatically going through the motions when nesting bc I’m excited, this glitch can and will get me ! The drop-down re-activates, my finger is already hitting “preview” or “confirm”, and poor Paredoilia will get chosen/swapped in without updating the preview image, but totally updating the selected dragon. (Idk which dragon on the female side is in the spot yet)

Thankfully, I caught it because I clicked preview and not confirm, but!! Again, go slow, always preview, the glitch is easy to catch with regards to that course of action.
Don’t get excited and press confirm! You won’t have the time to react to a drop down glitch if the button pressed is confirm.

Edit:
I’ve managed to catch the glitch on video, which I posted to tumblr here:
https://www.tumblr.com/thewindbloom/740456636692496384/heads-up-that-one-breeding-glitch-is-still-active
tumblr_ovtz1tN6nh1tv56zio1_75sq.png tumblr_o6ikuvf6GR1u1qfsvo1_75sq.pngc4eUz.gif
tumblr_otmi52hHFv1tv56zio6_r1_1280.png
Hello all,

First, thank you for the detailed reports. We have deployed a change that should detect when this is occurring and show an error message instead of proceeding with breeding. Long term, we want to address this in a way that simply always works correctly instead of sometimes showing a pop-up error message and requiring you to fiddle with the dropdowns. However, I hope this helps prevent the worst effects of this bug in the mean time. We will provide further updates if any more fixes are deployed.

Thanks again for your patience with this issue.
Hello all,

First, thank you for the detailed reports. We have deployed a change that should detect when this is occurring and show an error message instead of proceeding with breeding. Long term, we want to address this in a way that simply always works correctly instead of sometimes showing a pop-up error message and requiring you to fiddle with the dropdowns. However, I hope this helps prevent the worst effects of this bug in the mean time. We will provide further updates if any more fixes are deployed.

Thanks again for your patience with this issue.
Flight Rising Engineering Team

Flight Rising Knowledge Base
Flight Rising Rules & Policies
This occurred today and I'm a little upset. I selected the male imperial from the drop down and saw his image, no problems there. Then I selected the female imperial. I know I did because I see her image and the previews for all the hatchlings were all imperial. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62948521][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/629486/62948521.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/59521000][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/595211/59521000.png[/img][/url] After confirming breeding the pair the second parent shows up as my Old Unbred 7 Digit Ridgeback that I Paid 300g for BECAUSE she was unbred and I had no intention of breeding. I'm glad to know I'm not the only person this happened to... its really unfortunate and I'm incredibly disappointed. Browser: Microsoft Edge It was the 5th and only available nest at the time. I use 4 tab layout for all except the last tab and the random dragon it chose as a parent is on a different tab altogether.
This occurred today and I'm a little upset. I selected the male imperial from the drop down and saw his image, no problems there. Then I selected the female imperial. I know I did because I see her image and the previews for all the hatchlings were all imperial.

62948521.png 59521000.png

After confirming breeding the pair the second parent shows up as my Old Unbred 7 Digit Ridgeback that I Paid 300g for BECAUSE she was unbred and I had no intention of breeding. I'm glad to know I'm not the only person this happened to... its really unfortunate and I'm incredibly disappointed.

Browser: Microsoft Edge
It was the 5th and only available nest at the time. I use 4 tab layout for all except the last tab and the random dragon it chose as a parent is on a different tab altogether.

> Wishlist
> 9+ FR |

gLbZUkF.pngygWzlbs.png VOCilq9.pngixjjkD1.pngJBnnpHx.pngexUrsEs.pngexUrsEs.pngV5xJ3C6.png9oWXBNn.png bzEU9i1.pngGydxiO7.png
7T1GlRm.png
1 2