Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | songs that are too sad to listen to
The song Feel from the game Lies of P makes me feel extremely sad just by thinking about it. Lyrics wise it doesn't seem to depressing (I'm bad at lyrical analysis so I might be wrong) but the instrumentals, mixed with the context in which you get the record for the song in game is just. hough.

That's not even the saddest song I know, though! That honour goes to The Song of the Great Auk from Rockford's Rock Opera (which I believe is also called A Dream Too Far? It's the previous name on Spotify but I remember seeing it called the latter in the story app it was in)
I won't go heavy into the deets about it since, even though RRO is family friendly, it is a really dark bit of backstory, but the auk is singing about her final moments after losing everything she loved to the absolute worst of humanity :'') if you want the detailed backstory for it then listen to the album Lost On Infinity - The Story. It will get like 10x as sad though so yeah.
The song Feel from the game Lies of P makes me feel extremely sad just by thinking about it. Lyrics wise it doesn't seem to depressing (I'm bad at lyrical analysis so I might be wrong) but the instrumentals, mixed with the context in which you get the record for the song in game is just. hough.

That's not even the saddest song I know, though! That honour goes to The Song of the Great Auk from Rockford's Rock Opera (which I believe is also called A Dream Too Far? It's the previous name on Spotify but I remember seeing it called the latter in the story app it was in)
I won't go heavy into the deets about it since, even though RRO is family friendly, it is a really dark bit of backstory, but the auk is singing about her final moments after losing everything she loved to the absolute worst of humanity :'') if you want the detailed backstory for it then listen to the album Lost On Infinity - The Story. It will get like 10x as sad though so yeah.
He/they
Agender/ace/bi
Social anxiety + autism
massive nerd
Dragcave
Final Outpost
Pokefarm
Free L27 cauldron rental
Wishlist
Fandragon list
Pings Ok!
?D4_ZJ=platform.png
Two songs that elicit intense emotional reactions from me...

- Do You Feel It by Chaos Chaos. It's a great song, but the lyrics hit so close to home that it's a bit hard for me to listen to. The desperation in trying to cling to something that's slipping away... Ouch.

- Strangers by Bring Me The Horizon. Again, great song... But it holds negative connotations for me now. It was the favourite song of someone who was at one time a very close friend, but ended up hurting me very badly. So I just end up thinking about them and feeling extremely uncomfortable.
Two songs that elicit intense emotional reactions from me...

- Do You Feel It by Chaos Chaos. It's a great song, but the lyrics hit so close to home that it's a bit hard for me to listen to. The desperation in trying to cling to something that's slipping away... Ouch.

- Strangers by Bring Me The Horizon. Again, great song... But it holds negative connotations for me now. It was the favourite song of someone who was at one time a very close friend, but ended up hurting me very badly. So I just end up thinking about them and feeling extremely uncomfortable.
ethanol_by_dislike_like-dbg3xow.png
Rose — Briston Maroney [emoji=familiar heart size=1]
Rose — Briston Maroney

CDZsGNI.pngUsPkdbt.png 88123317.png
i'm actually not hardly ever a song-crier, but there are a few where i do have to stare off into space to listen to (i never skip them because i really enjoy them).

Wake Me Up When September Ends by Green Day. they're my current huperfixation, and so i've been invested in their history, their discography, their live performances, etc., and though i haven't lost someone like that, by best friend's dad just died, and it reminds me of them and what they're going through. however, one live performance always gets me.

Wake Me Up When September Ends at Irving Plaza 15/9/12

the 30 year anniversary passing of his father's passing, he performed WMUWSE live. he (Billie Joe) broke down partway through, but still finished the song.

the first time i listened to Dilemma, it was difficult. i don't really know why, i've never struggled with addiction, nor anyone that i've been truly close to had it.

also Bobby Sox but that's because i'm gay and i love MLM representation, especially from my favourite band.
i'm actually not hardly ever a song-crier, but there are a few where i do have to stare off into space to listen to (i never skip them because i really enjoy them).

Wake Me Up When September Ends by Green Day. they're my current huperfixation, and so i've been invested in their history, their discography, their live performances, etc., and though i haven't lost someone like that, by best friend's dad just died, and it reminds me of them and what they're going through. however, one live performance always gets me.

Wake Me Up When September Ends at Irving Plaza 15/9/12

the 30 year anniversary passing of his father's passing, he performed WMUWSE live. he (Billie Joe) broke down partway through, but still finished the song.

the first time i listened to Dilemma, it was difficult. i don't really know why, i've never struggled with addiction, nor anyone that i've been truly close to had it.

also Bobby Sox but that's because i'm gay and i love MLM representation, especially from my favourite band.
wishlist
he/kit
xenogender
trans
transmasc

arospec
rosboy
gay
ace

catgender
you should listen to them... NOW!!! Coatl Swirls! semi-verbal
autistic
bird dad
please ping!!!
FR+2
Nothing Fancy Hatchery Raffle!
the first time i listened to Runaway by Aurora, i cried. no other song had spoken to me that way before. it felt like it was about me, you know?

and i was running far away, would i run over the world someday..? nobody knows, nobody knows...
the first time i listened to Runaway by Aurora, i cried. no other song had spoken to me that way before. it felt like it was about me, you know?

and i was running far away, would i run over the world someday..? nobody knows, nobody knows...
WBsJuD1.png
i'm bugs
she/they/rot/.com
forum pings make me go ":)"
A Thousand Years by Christina Perri. Breaks me every time.
A Thousand Years by Christina Perri. Breaks me every time.
Don't mind me I'm just a girl who likes dragons and robots.

FMoJ9vk.png S59aFC6.png fX0bVgZ.png MtGlogH.png cdqdRxL.png ypcKWM0.png 2VtxnMX.png HJLIYn4.pngawUnQ0L.pngll0CfnD.pngpFa33lp.png

[All of my social media]
"A Little Bit of Everything" by Dawes. The first part hits hardest for me.
"A Little Bit of Everything" by Dawes. The first part hits hardest for me.
tumblr_inline_nfx4qkzLCB1r6zydg.png
Euthanasia by Will Wood and Everything You Ever from Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog both get me consistently in tears
Euthanasia by Will Wood and Everything You Ever from Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog both get me consistently in tears
uNAqnu8.png P9aWhak.png
v2PJF9u.png
a129Nss.png
Qsi7AgW.png
YMPbu9R.png
CitL1lh.png
"Objects in the Rearview Mirror (May Appear Closer Than They Are)" by Meatloaf and Jim Steinman. First appeared on the Bat II album in the early 90s, and it wrecked me then and still wrecks me now. I can listen to the version adapted for Tanz der Vampire okay, but the original? I listened to it the day I found out Meatloaf died, which was the first time in at least 20 years that I had, and I won't listen to it again.

One I listen to often that makes me cry every time is "Look My Way" from the Vivziepop cartoon that's online only, sung by Bryce Pinkham in character as Stolas. It's gorgeous and sad and raw and I adore it.
"Objects in the Rearview Mirror (May Appear Closer Than They Are)" by Meatloaf and Jim Steinman. First appeared on the Bat II album in the early 90s, and it wrecked me then and still wrecks me now. I can listen to the version adapted for Tanz der Vampire okay, but the original? I listened to it the day I found out Meatloaf died, which was the first time in at least 20 years that I had, and I won't listen to it again.

One I listen to often that makes me cry every time is "Look My Way" from the Vivziepop cartoon that's online only, sung by Bryce Pinkham in character as Stolas. It's gorgeous and sad and raw and I adore it.
noli timere tempestatem. tempestas est res pulchra. ama tempestatem et gaude in pulchritudine.
595bwIn.png
nunc, ad tuas labores reveni!
oh man Unsteady by X Ambassadors
I cannot, and i mean I CANNOT physically listen to it without feeling dread and wanting to cry,,,how did it get radio play???
oh man Unsteady by X Ambassadors
I cannot, and i mean I CANNOT physically listen to it without feeling dread and wanting to cry,,,how did it get radio play???
db3a6508ed61d07a038b5952b4aa3c12393e78b6.png
Fen / Vyrus | FR +3
Traveling Dragon Thread! | CS acct Clearance for FR