Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | New sickle thoughts?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
[quote name="TheEnforcer" date="2024-05-26 10:06:39" ] [quote name="ahzidal" date="2024-05-26 10:02:09" ] I think staff took some of the things a lot of the community likes and put it into this fest's apparel. Flowers everywhere? Check. Blindfolded dragon? Check. Weapon? Check. The only thing that would make it more appealing to the community would be taking that sickle and inexplicably impaling it into the dragon. My squinting at the aesthetic aside, I do like the apparel. It's pretty, and it's a departure from the previous apparel we've gotten for Greenskeeper. I think that's a good thing. I don't think I'll use it much, if at all, but the challenge of incorporating it into outfits has been accepted and I look forward to figuring it out :) [/quote] [quote name="Myrgorph" date="2024-05-26 10:03:19" ] I think it's a neat idea for apparel that isn't a part of Greenskeeper Gathering. The aesthetic is neat, but it doesn't feel that Naturey to me. I would've liked the sickle separately, but together with the ribbon, it's a bit too much. [/quote] I'm kind of also in agreement on it being decided-by-community aesthetics, which are great, but maybe not all at once? I think that the flowerfall / ribbons, sickle, or blindfold by themselves would all be super popular and versatile, but the combination of all of them just seems hard to work with. And yeah, agree that it doesn't really feel like a Greenskeeper apparel item. I'm all in favor of flowers and nature apparel that isn't green, but flowerfalls don't really read as...living flowers to me, you know, and living plants is kind of how I define Nature's aesthetic. Plants growing on / out of the dragon would feel more nature-y to me than petals falling around them. [/quote] Yeah, I'd actually like both the sickle AND the ribbon, but separately on completely different dragons. I don't want to sound like I want all Nature holiday apparel to just be leaves and sticks (though that's kind of the look I'm going for w/ my permas, oops), but the entire ensemble feels more like a fancy user-made accent than elemental holiday apparel. Also, I'm unlucky enough not to like the popular aesthetic, but oh well. Maybe it's going to be idk... plants and dirt next time :')
TheEnforcer wrote on 2024-05-26 10:06:39:
ahzidal wrote on 2024-05-26 10:02:09:
I think staff took some of the things a lot of the community likes and put it into this fest's apparel. Flowers everywhere? Check. Blindfolded dragon? Check. Weapon? Check. The only thing that would make it more appealing to the community would be taking that sickle and inexplicably impaling it into the dragon.

My squinting at the aesthetic aside, I do like the apparel. It's pretty, and it's a departure from the previous apparel we've gotten for Greenskeeper. I think that's a good thing. I don't think I'll use it much, if at all, but the challenge of incorporating it into outfits has been accepted and I look forward to figuring it out :)
Myrgorph wrote on 2024-05-26 10:03:19:
I think it's a neat idea for apparel that isn't a part of Greenskeeper Gathering. The aesthetic is neat, but it doesn't feel that Naturey to me.

I would've liked the sickle separately, but together with the ribbon, it's a bit too much.
I'm kind of also in agreement on it being decided-by-community aesthetics, which are great, but maybe not all at once? I think that the flowerfall / ribbons, sickle, or blindfold by themselves would all be super popular and versatile, but the combination of all of them just seems hard to work with. And yeah, agree that it doesn't really feel like a Greenskeeper apparel item. I'm all in favor of flowers and nature apparel that isn't green, but flowerfalls don't really read as...living flowers to me, you know, and living plants is kind of how I define Nature's aesthetic. Plants growing on / out of the dragon would feel more nature-y to me than petals falling around them.

Yeah, I'd actually like both the sickle AND the ribbon, but separately on completely different dragons. I don't want to sound like I want all Nature holiday apparel to just be leaves and sticks (though that's kind of the look I'm going for w/ my permas, oops), but the entire ensemble feels more like a fancy user-made accent than elemental holiday apparel.

Also, I'm unlucky enough not to like the popular aesthetic, but oh well. Maybe it's going to be idk... plants and dirt next time :')
There will be something here. Eventually.
I personally really like it!
But I do agree with others here, I wish the colors were different. My aesthetic doesn't really lend itself to those particular colors, so if I want to use this apparel it's definitely going to be a challenge for me.
I hope they do either a bright red recolor, or even a more desaturated brown look (because sometimes I feel like dark, dusty and desaturated natural colors kind of get the boot for apparel).
I personally really like it!
But I do agree with others here, I wish the colors were different. My aesthetic doesn't really lend itself to those particular colors, so if I want to use this apparel it's definitely going to be a challenge for me.
I hope they do either a bright red recolor, or even a more desaturated brown look (because sometimes I feel like dark, dusty and desaturated natural colors kind of get the boot for apparel).
BBfneFa.png ...
Evis / Ils
They/Them
FR +2
Aroace
Here's a quick attempt at making an outfit around it: [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=10&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=56936,952,17236,41498,41518,41517,40431,28783&xt=dressing.png[/img] It's workable, but I do feel it can't be incorporated into pre-existing outfits. Being on a platform that doesn't allow me to reorder apparel in the dressing room doesn't help either haha
Here's a quick attempt at making an outfit around it:
dummy?breed=10&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=56936,952,17236,41498,41518,41517,40431,28783&xt=dressing.png
It's workable, but I do feel it can't be incorporated into pre-existing outfits. Being on a platform that doesn't allow me to reorder apparel in the dressing room doesn't help either haha
1f7Wab5.png x F5AeglI.png x x
x
x
< - avatar
x

ahzidal (captain)
they / them
about
I hope there is a recolor with red flowers and a white ribbon. I'd get 100 of them.
I hope there is a recolor with red flowers and a white ribbon. I'd get 100 of them.
siggy.png
it's the best thing ever to me, i need a million of them
it's the best thing ever to me, i need a million of them
NcRl9aq.png
I honestly really love it. I slapped it onto my agriculture boi faster than you could say Glademom and then bought three more for reserve. Is my boy messy? Yes. Do the colors coordinate [i]perfect[/i]? No. Do I love it anyway? Absolutely. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/76704442][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/767045/76704442_350.png[/img][/url]
I honestly really love it. I slapped it onto my agriculture boi faster than you could say Glademom and then bought three more for reserve. Is my boy messy? Yes. Do the colors coordinate perfect? No. Do I love it anyway? Absolutely.

76704442_350.png
tumblr_inline_ofoo1lSs6W1tfmvub_100.png        Nature is forever

Eloen · she/her
Please ping me in forums
Lore · For Sale · Avatar
[img]https://i.postimg.cc/fLC7RD96/the-truth.png[/img] died
the-truth.png

died
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
I freakin love it!! Especially how it hides the eyes I love appparel that does that and it does it in a really cool way. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=3739372&skin=0&apparel=1752,17236,29002,49000,50679,21282,22848,56936&xt=dressing.png[/img]
I freakin love it!! Especially how it hides the eyes I love appparel that does that and it does it in a really cool way.
scry?sdid=3739372&skin=0&apparel=1752,17236,29002,49000,50679,21282,22848,56936&xt=dressing.png
Accent shopCBsJXZk.gif Accent: Moonlight Halo Buy!
Cool weapon go brrrr
Cool weapon go brrrr
Give a like if you think they're cool--->86520977.png93331792.png84977690.png
it's really beautiful. unsure how much I'll ever use it, but it's really lovely. edit: actually it's perfect for Reverend Mord, now I think of it. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/84312303][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/843124/84312303_350.png[/img][/url]
it's really beautiful. unsure how much I'll ever use it, but it's really lovely.

edit: actually it's perfect for Reverend Mord, now I think of it.

84312303_350.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8