Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | [NatDom] C.O.L.O.R.S. (FINISHED)
[quote=Monday QOTD]In honor of this shop's photos and scientific tidbits, share any scientific fact or photo - found in 5 seconds or your focus for years.[/quote] I'm gonna share some information about some plants I've been researching lately, most notably related to wild carrots! [LIST] [*]The flowers that grow on wild carrots are Queen Anne's Lace, which surprised me as I had no idea they were the same plant! [*]Wild carrots, as well as many other plants in the Apiaceae family, only bloom during their second year (or beyond that if they live longer than that), and they go dormant in the winter. [*]A lot of plants in the Apiaceae family are at least partially edible, but if you do go foraging for wild carrots or parsnips, be extremely careful! Poison hemlock is also a member of the Apiaceae family, and can look nearly identical to wild carrots if you don't know what to look for. Literally every part of the plant is toxic to humans, and like wild carrots, it can be hard to identify unless it's in its second year. [/LIST] ----- [quote=Tuesday QOTD]In honor of today's subspecies that was reborn in water, is there a place that felt like your "true home" even if living there wouldn't work out?[/quote] I was born and raised in Southern California, but have moved out of the state entirely thanks to how unreasonably expensive it is to live there. I find myself missing it a lot, but I do still visit some of the few family members that live there. Hard to beat the food there, lol. ----- [quote=Wednesday QOTD]In honor of this venomous pair, do you know a word that other people get mixed up all the time?[/quote] I can't speak for other people as much, but I personally have gotten the word 'berth' (as in, to give something a wide berth) and 'girth' mixed up multiple times in the past. It's made for some... [i]funny sentences[/i] during D&D. ----- [quote=Thursday QOTD]In honor of this subspecies whose flowers are essentially their soul, were flowers ever important to you? Given at a key event, grown somewhere memorable?[/quote] While my IRL name is literally the name of a flower, the flower I'm named after isn't actually that significant to me. Carnations, on the other hand, are an underrated flower! They're gorgeous, have so many different color combinations, and depending on the color, they smell amazing! In terms of bouquets, they also stay alive far longer than most flowers (I'm looking at you, [i]roses[/i]). I've had bouquets of carnations stay good for two or more weeks after being put in a vase, and if you take good care of them, they'll stay fresh for even longer.
Monday QOTD wrote:
In honor of this shop's photos and scientific tidbits, share any scientific fact or photo - found in 5 seconds or your focus for years.
I'm gonna share some information about some plants I've been researching lately, most notably related to wild carrots!
  • The flowers that grow on wild carrots are Queen Anne's Lace, which surprised me as I had no idea they were the same plant!
  • Wild carrots, as well as many other plants in the Apiaceae family, only bloom during their second year (or beyond that if they live longer than that), and they go dormant in the winter.
  • A lot of plants in the Apiaceae family are at least partially edible, but if you do go foraging for wild carrots or parsnips, be extremely careful! Poison hemlock is also a member of the Apiaceae family, and can look nearly identical to wild carrots if you don't know what to look for. Literally every part of the plant is toxic to humans, and like wild carrots, it can be hard to identify unless it's in its second year.

Tuesday QOTD wrote:
In honor of today's subspecies that was reborn in water, is there a place that felt like your "true home" even if living there wouldn't work out?
I was born and raised in Southern California, but have moved out of the state entirely thanks to how unreasonably expensive it is to live there. I find myself missing it a lot, but I do still visit some of the few family members that live there. Hard to beat the food there, lol.
Wednesday QOTD wrote:
In honor of this venomous pair, do you know a word that other people get mixed up all the time?
I can't speak for other people as much, but I personally have gotten the word 'berth' (as in, to give something a wide berth) and 'girth' mixed up multiple times in the past. It's made for some... funny sentences during D&D.
Thursday QOTD wrote:
In honor of this subspecies whose flowers are essentially their soul, were flowers ever important to you? Given at a key event, grown somewhere memorable?
While my IRL name is literally the name of a flower, the flower I'm named after isn't actually that significant to me. Carnations, on the other hand, are an underrated flower! They're gorgeous, have so many different color combinations, and depending on the color, they smell amazing! In terms of bouquets, they also stay alive far longer than most flowers (I'm looking at you, roses). I've had bouquets of carnations stay good for two or more weeks after being put in a vase, and if you take good care of them, they'll stay fresh for even longer.

Proud to be autistic!
They/She/He Pronouns
FR+0
Dragon Sales
Wishlist
~~ Co-Owner of FrostLeaf Hatchery ~~
Proud member of the Hellebores grove!
~~ gWy7Gj5.png
Catching up on questions: [quote]Q.O.T.D. - Insects are a phobia for many, but perhaps this pair is cute enough to be an exception. In their honor, what's something in FR or in life that you disliked at first but eventually liked?[/quote] Coffee. No one likes it at first, right? [quote]Q.O.T.D. - In honor of this shop's photos and scientific tidbits, share any scientific fact or photo - found in 5 seconds or your focus for years.[/quote] There is no such thing as a fish. Or rather, "fish" is a paraphyletic group. There is no phylum that includes everything we recognize as fish but excludes all tetrapods, including us (and also those marine mammals that everyone tells you aren't fish. THEY'RE FISH.) [quote]Q.O.T.D. - In honor of today's subspecies that was reborn in water, is there a place that felt like your "true home" even if living there wouldn't work out?[/quote] ...honestly, the place I'm living now. I'll probably always think of it as home but it is really not working out.
Catching up on questions:
Quote:
Q.O.T.D. - Insects are a phobia for many, but perhaps this pair is cute enough to be an exception. In their honor, what's something in FR or in life that you disliked at first but eventually liked?

Coffee. No one likes it at first, right?
Quote:
Q.O.T.D. - In honor of this shop's photos and scientific tidbits, share any scientific fact or photo - found in 5 seconds or your focus for years.

There is no such thing as a fish.

Or rather, "fish" is a paraphyletic group. There is no phylum that includes everything we recognize as fish but excludes all tetrapods, including us (and also those marine mammals that everyone tells you aren't fish. THEY'RE FISH.)
Quote:
Q.O.T.D. - In honor of today's subspecies that was reborn in water, is there a place that felt like your "true home" even if living there wouldn't work out?

...honestly, the place I'm living now. I'll probably always think of it as home but it is really not working out.
She/They
Q2if6VF.png
J7D1quC.png
x8YqlBy.gif
5hF3FGk.png
Light-Network.png
@alyblaith Thanks for being flexible. You brought up some good points about folk maybe liking the original ranges batter. Agreed, original pair was ideal for friendly odds.

Badges and tickets - if we DO need to use that replacement, you helped me think about how to rig it so that payouts are similar.

Tickets -
Original pair: the easiest combo was 2-match 4x4=16 for 16 tickets
Backup pair: their range is 17 :( so the easiest "combo" can be a 1-match for 17 tickets

Badges: range is 4x wider, so each hit can be 4 badges

IF this is necessary, of course~
@alyblaith Thanks for being flexible. You brought up some good points about folk maybe liking the original ranges batter. Agreed, original pair was ideal for friendly odds.

Badges and tickets - if we DO need to use that replacement, you helped me think about how to rig it so that payouts are similar.

Tickets -
Original pair: the easiest combo was 2-match 4x4=16 for 16 tickets
Backup pair: their range is 17 :( so the easiest "combo" can be a 1-match for 17 tickets

Badges: range is 4x wider, so each hit can be 4 badges

IF this is necessary, of course~
3XiDjku.pngxORoftk.png xox1i5n.png
Q.O.T.D. - In honor of this subspecies whose flowers are essentially their soul, were flowers ever important to you? Given at a key event, grown somewhere memorable?

I love flowers and daffodils bloom in the late winter/early spring near my birthday, so those have always been significant for me.
Q.O.T.D. - In honor of this subspecies whose flowers are essentially their soul, were flowers ever important to you? Given at a key event, grown somewhere memorable?

I love flowers and daffodils bloom in the late winter/early spring near my birthday, so those have always been significant for me.
jt3PpxV.png

Roses. My mom planted one for all her kids in her yard, though mine eventually died. she did replace it lol

Roses. My mom planted one for all her kids in her yard, though mine eventually died. she did replace it lol

Thursday:
As someone with roots in Hawaii when we graduate we receive flower leis to put around our necks! I loved the haku lei that I got (like a flower crown) when I graduated, it had ti leaves and flowers on it. My auntie handmade it!

Thursday:
As someone with roots in Hawaii when we graduate we receive flower leis to put around our necks! I loved the haku lei that I got (like a flower crown) when I graduated, it had ti leaves and flowers on it. My auntie handmade it!
xi3200H.png
TntJeP6.png xxx
@pinglist-28891 [color=green]So much happening tonight, and only 2 days left to go.[/color] [color=red]Posted earlier - Lovebugs host MAY have too much going on irl to finish incubating, so we MAY need to replace that pair. Please input this ASAP and do not send extra funds - [url=https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScuBp437FnLy1sA8qHU4rjghhTNiHWkNNsJC6V1ZSiZtyL1WA/viewform]Entry Form Lovebugs 2: Electric Boogaloo[/url]. If this becomes the new official pair, I'd adjust for the wider range, 1-matches will count for tickets too. (1 in 16 = 16, the same odds of getting a 2-match on the original nest.) ------------------------------------------------------------------- [color=green]Estuary nest has come in! Big thanks to @ElysiumSanctum for nesting on special dates and donating hatchlings. Interested adopters should look for the request form [u]Saturday[/u] after meeting the majority of hatchlings. [columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/95231747][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/952318/95231747_350.png[/img][/url][nextcol]"Estuary A" Peacock Spearmint Shamrock[/columns] [columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/95231748][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/952318/95231748_350.png[/img][/url][nextcol]"Estuary B" Emerald Shamrock Jungle[/columns] [columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/95231749][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/952318/95231749_350.png[/img][/url][nextcol]"Estuary C" Emerald Shamrock Hunter[/columns] [color=green]Wildclaws have a 3% chance when the other parent is an Imperial, but somehow this net hatched 67%? RNG truly is amazing. Peacock | Spearmint | Shamrock Emerald | Shamrock | Jungle | (Imperial) Emerald | Shamrock | Hunter * [b][u]3-Matches[/u][/b] - @rockss for Peacock | Spearmint | Shamrock @Casilica for Peacock | Spearmint | Shamrock @Kieren for Emerald | Shamrock | Hunter @SilentWanderer for Emerald | Shamrock | Jungle @OnnaStick for Emerald | Shamrock | Jungle @OnceWorried for Emerald | Shamrock | Jungle [b][u]Best Guess of the Nest[/u][/b] - Whaaa? It's finally a tie in need of all those extra questions! 6-way tie. [u]Question 1, breed.[/u] These entries all say Imperial. If your colors appeared on a Wildclaw, your breed does not match. It's now a 3-way tie between Emerald | Shamrock | Jungle | Imperial. [u]Question 2, gender.[/u] It's now a 2-way tie between the 2 who said Female on that guess [u]Question 3, which egg # is it?[/u] THIS!! Is the final tiebreaker. * rockss for Peacock | Spearmint | Shamrock * Casilica for Peacock | Spearmint | Shamrock * Kieren for Emerald | Shamrock | Hunter * SilentWanderer for Emerald | Shamrock | Jungle ...the Imperial * OnnaStick for Emerald | Shamrock | Jungle ..........the Imperial ...female * OnceWorried for Emerald | Shamrock | Jungle .......the Imperial ...female which hatched 2nd INCREDIBLE! If it were a race it would be OnceWorried by a nose, taking home the 205g. You all won the 2 x 6 x 7 = 84 tickets for the raffle... but I think a runner up prize for the 5 of you is much more deserving! Perhaps... a treasure-store festival skin of your choice or the festival familiar? I'll put together the 1 gem delivery mail and the 5 offer mails tomorrow. For now, goodnight zzz. @_@ * [b][u]2-Matches[/u][/b] - tickets won based on how challenging the combos are [u]Primary x Secondary 2 x 6 = 12[/u] | CaptainDrakken x3, OnnaStik, OnceWorried x2, tigressRising, Golden, Ackie x2, SildentWanderer, Kieren, CaityJay x2, [u]Primary x Tertiary 2 x 7 = 14[/u] | RedKhezu, encryptidd, CaityJay, NerdMom (oh yay but badges only), tigressRising x2, JoweeTheRaposa, alyblaith, sketchy, Taccs, OnnaStik, cinderrain, CreatorsDilemma, dracosauria [u]Secondary x Tertiary 6 x 7 = 42[/u] | Farore, sketchy, Edenello, Pinopsida, Sick, Fragariavesca * 1-matches - everyone who joined this nest gained between 2-8 prize badges. Most of the daily players have maxed out or almost maxed out already! I told ya odds were friendly~ Early delivery mails can start Friday. Check the spreadsheet now below if you want. Saturday "last call" notification will help anyone who still has further to go. For curiosity and/or gamer pride, @Sonoch was the first one to hit max 15 this morning with Silkspun results. Twice-daily player @Pinopsida crossed the finish line during this nest along with many others but holds the completely-made-up-right-now title for the most overkill at 23 out of 15. --------------------------------------------------------------- [b]SKIP THIS[/b] - spreadsheet stuff, OPTIONAL guide about checking results You are welcome to check ticket count or prize badge progress in [url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tIkvukE4rikj5lxYjz0TnBLPixKkGfgfLJKgohfnDtM/edit]Spreadsheet View[/url], but I'll also say an alert on Saturday for whoever didn't make it to max 15 so no need to look yourself up unless you are that curious! Compare colors? tab "Estuary". Darker highlights show how far they made it along the tiebreaker Tickets? tab "Player Results" left purple section Prize badges? tab "Player Results" middle pink section Any questions, @ me and I'll get them Friday. GOODNIGHT!
@C.O.L.O.R.S. nest & raffle results

So much happening tonight, and only 2 days left to go.

Posted earlier - Lovebugs host MAY have too much going on irl to finish incubating, so we MAY need to replace that pair. Please input this ASAP and do not send extra funds - Entry Form Lovebugs 2: Electric Boogaloo. If this becomes the new official pair, I'd adjust for the wider range, 1-matches will count for tickets too. (1 in 16 = 16, the same odds of getting a 2-match on the original nest.)

Estuary nest has come in! Big thanks to @ElysiumSanctum for nesting on special dates and donating hatchlings. Interested adopters should look for the request form Saturday after meeting the majority of hatchlings.

95231747_350.png "Estuary A"

Peacock
Spearmint
Shamrock
95231748_350.png "Estuary B"

Emerald
Shamrock
Jungle
95231749_350.png "Estuary C"

Emerald
Shamrock
Hunter

Wildclaws have a 3% chance when the other parent is an Imperial, but somehow this net hatched 67%? RNG truly is amazing.

Peacock | Spearmint | Shamrock
Emerald | Shamrock | Jungle | (Imperial)
Emerald | Shamrock | Hunter

* 3-Matches -
@rockss for Peacock | Spearmint | Shamrock
@Casilica for Peacock | Spearmint | Shamrock
@Kieren for Emerald | Shamrock | Hunter
@SilentWanderer for Emerald | Shamrock | Jungle
@OnnaStick for Emerald | Shamrock | Jungle
@OnceWorried for Emerald | Shamrock | Jungle

Best Guess of the Nest - Whaaa? It's finally a tie in need of all those extra questions! 6-way tie.

Question 1, breed.
These entries all say Imperial. If your colors appeared on a Wildclaw, your breed does not match. It's now a 3-way tie between Emerald | Shamrock | Jungle | Imperial.

Question 2, gender.
It's now a 2-way tie between the 2 who said Female on that guess

Question 3, which egg # is it?
THIS!! Is the final tiebreaker.

* rockss for Peacock | Spearmint | Shamrock
* Casilica for Peacock | Spearmint | Shamrock
* Kieren for Emerald | Shamrock | Hunter
* SilentWanderer for Emerald | Shamrock | Jungle ...the Imperial
* OnnaStick for Emerald | Shamrock | Jungle ..........the Imperial ...female
* OnceWorried for Emerald | Shamrock | Jungle .......the Imperial ...female which hatched 2nd

INCREDIBLE! If it were a race it would be OnceWorried by a nose, taking home the 205g.

You all won the 2 x 6 x 7 = 84 tickets for the raffle... but I think a runner up prize for the 5 of you is much more deserving! Perhaps... a treasure-store festival skin of your choice or the festival familiar? I'll put together the 1 gem delivery mail and the 5 offer mails tomorrow. For now, goodnight zzz. @_@

* 2-Matches - tickets won based on how challenging the combos are

Primary x Secondary 2 x 6 = 12 | CaptainDrakken x3, OnnaStik, OnceWorried x2, tigressRising, Golden, Ackie x2, SildentWanderer, Kieren, CaityJay x2,
Primary x Tertiary 2 x 7 = 14 | RedKhezu, encryptidd, CaityJay, NerdMom (oh yay but badges only), tigressRising x2, JoweeTheRaposa, alyblaith, sketchy, Taccs, OnnaStik, cinderrain, CreatorsDilemma, dracosauria
Secondary x Tertiary 6 x 7 = 42 | Farore, sketchy, Edenello, Pinopsida, Sick, Fragariavesca

* 1-matches - everyone who joined this nest gained between 2-8 prize badges. Most of the daily players have maxed out or almost maxed out already! I told ya odds were friendly~
Early delivery mails can start Friday.
Check the spreadsheet now below if you want.
Saturday "last call" notification will help anyone who still has further to go.

For curiosity and/or gamer pride, @Sonoch was the first one to hit max 15 this morning with Silkspun results. Twice-daily player @Pinopsida crossed the finish line during this nest along with many others but holds the completely-made-up-right-now title for the most overkill at 23 out of 15.

SKIP THIS - spreadsheet stuff, OPTIONAL guide about checking results

You are welcome to check ticket count or prize badge progress in Spreadsheet View, but I'll also say an alert on Saturday for whoever didn't make it to max 15 so no need to look yourself up unless you are that curious!

Compare colors? tab "Estuary". Darker highlights show how far they made it along the tiebreaker

Tickets? tab "Player Results" left purple section

Prize badges? tab "Player Results" middle pink section

Any questions, @ me and I'll get them Friday.

GOODNIGHT!
3XiDjku.pngxORoftk.png xox1i5n.png
@NerdMom

did you notice all THREE have swirl eyes?
@NerdMom

did you notice all THREE have swirl eyes?
GG24 Cicada Confluence Signature Graphic
heyZH2H.png
mlHpBMC.png
Pgv53XB.png
lAvpyOQ.png
A hatchling with faceted eyes and cicada wings - black and yellow 'floral' Gaoler

I've received bouquets after recitals and such, but no one particular species or moment comes to mind. I do have a bamboo plant that I've kept and cared for since high school though, and that plant is very important to me due to how long I've had it.

I've received bouquets after recitals and such, but no one particular species or moment comes to mind. I do have a bamboo plant that I've kept and cared for since high school though, and that plant is very important to me due to how long I've had it.
WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT HOLD ON. I guessed one entirely correctly? We didn't seem to need the eye type. Did I get that right, too? That's just curiosity. But like...I still can't believe it!
WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT HOLD ON. I guessed one entirely correctly? We didn't seem to need the eye type. Did I get that right, too? That's just curiosity. But like...I still can't believe it!
nPGTVwx.png