Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Hatching Eggs vs. Buying G1s
1 2 3
I typically buy my G1s. To save lair space, I restrict myself to having only a small selection of colors. Often what I do hatch doesn't fit my lair, so I have to sell (usually at a loss).

However, if I do feel the RNG itch, I usually scatter a G1 dragon (or G2 Imp) rather than hatch an egg. Again, lair space. Even though I don't have that problem as much anymore, since I fully upgraded my lair this past NotN, I don't want it to be a problem again lol
I typically buy my G1s. To save lair space, I restrict myself to having only a small selection of colors. Often what I do hatch doesn't fit my lair, so I have to sell (usually at a loss).

However, if I do feel the RNG itch, I usually scatter a G1 dragon (or G2 Imp) rather than hatch an egg. Again, lair space. Even though I don't have that problem as much anymore, since I fully upgraded my lair this past NotN, I don't want it to be a problem again lol
ZqykQT5.pngmHwnQKP.pngfgbtR64.png
[quote name="KairiDragoness" date="2024-05-22 12:43:24" ] Not a G1 lair, but I prefer buying over hatching, lol. I have HORRIBLE hatching luck and have exalted most of my hatches. [/quote] I have really good hatch luck. Out of 10 hatches, 6 have been great and 1 was interesting/unique enough to also keep. The remaining 3 weren't so good but they were all clanbound anyway so I was able to sell them for a decent profit. But I also have good luck in acquiring g1s (most of my outside ones were either mass hatch giveaways or under 10g). idk there's treasure everywhere
KairiDragoness wrote on 2024-05-22 12:43:24:
Not a G1 lair, but I prefer buying over hatching, lol. I have HORRIBLE hatching luck and have exalted most of my hatches.
I have really good hatch luck. Out of 10 hatches, 6 have been great and 1 was interesting/unique enough to also keep. The remaining 3 weren't so good but they were all clanbound anyway so I was able to sell them for a decent profit.

But I also have good luck in acquiring g1s (most of my outside ones were either mass hatch giveaways or under 10g). idk there's treasure everywhere
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge (Koi Edition)
Not a G1 lair but I am a G1 enjoyer.

I prefer to sell eggs. Hatching is fun but it's also usually trading a 200g item for a fodder dragon - I only do it for clanbound eggs, achievements and if I happen to have a Wind egg in time for my birthday or other significant date.

Also the dragons I personally like best are contrasty XYZs, so I pick up plenty of those just buying fodder hatchlings.
Not a G1 lair but I am a G1 enjoyer.

I prefer to sell eggs. Hatching is fun but it's also usually trading a 200g item for a fodder dragon - I only do it for clanbound eggs, achievements and if I happen to have a Wind egg in time for my birthday or other significant date.

Also the dragons I personally like best are contrasty XYZs, so I pick up plenty of those just buying fodder hatchlings.
i love hatching eggs, but usually hatch duds that i exalt
while i do have some i've kept, i tend to like the ones i've bought or traded for more (:
i love hatching eggs, but usually hatch duds that i exalt
while i do have some i've kept, i tend to like the ones i've bought or traded for more (:
6uaN3MO.png kiNdaIf.png
fidelitas ad familiam. fidelitas ad Matriarch.
a multi-billion dollar pharmaceutical company located in the center of the light district.

» Formerly Ceruleanfire, Springfire
» She/Her
» +2 FR Time || Pings welcome!
Also not a g1 lair, but I feel like I've had some really good hatch luck!

ignoring all the ones I exalted or sold for 10g or gave away but some of those were pretty nice too, tbh.

BUT limiting my g1s to mostly only ones I hatch keeps my collection small and yet still unaffordable to gene. XD

I'll gene some more of you some day, I swear. Probably. Maybe.
Also not a g1 lair, but I feel like I've had some really good hatch luck!

ignoring all the ones I exalted or sold for 10g or gave away but some of those were pretty nice too, tbh.

BUT limiting my g1s to mostly only ones I hatch keeps my collection small and yet still unaffordable to gene. XD

I'll gene some more of you some day, I swear. Probably. Maybe.
[center]Almost exclusively buy. I love all colors, but I'm very particular about the way they are - which slot, overall matchiness, color clashing.. Two G1s I hatched for achievements are currently stuck in my sales tab. They're not ugly, I'm just picky and think it would be a shame to exalt them. It's nearly impossible for me to hatch a G1 and keep it. Nearly, because Asher here survived the soup party: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/91840958][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/918410/91840958.png[/img][/url] My luck also isn't very.. stellar. I did somehow hatch two doubles in the past, but no such luck nowadays. That being said, I do admire people who are capable of keeping whatever color or hatchdate G1 they hatch. It seems almost magical to me, in a good way![/center]
Almost exclusively buy.

I love all colors, but I'm very particular about the way they are - which slot, overall matchiness, color clashing.. Two G1s I hatched for achievements are currently stuck in my sales tab. They're not ugly, I'm just picky and think it would be a shame to exalt them. It's nearly impossible for me to hatch a G1 and keep it.

Nearly, because Asher here survived the soup party:

91840958.png

My luck also isn't very.. stellar. I did somehow hatch two doubles in the past, but no such luck nowadays.

That being said, I do admire people who are capable of keeping whatever color or hatchdate G1 they hatch. It seems almost magical to me, in a good way!
paLKdZ5.png |
|
|
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifSuns/Kerosene
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifHe-Him / It-Its
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifPing me when replying.
...... arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifSaved Mibella Templates
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifMy Sales Thread
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifFAQ
|
|
|
jHRFH13.png
I only hatch when I'm after a certain hatch date.

Otherwise, I'd much rather purchase something with colours I know I'll love.
I only hatch when I'm after a certain hatch date.

Otherwise, I'd much rather purchase something with colours I know I'll love.
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
1 2 3