Back

Skins and Accents

Share and sell your skin creations with other players.
TOPIC | Astral Observatory [hiatus]
I should probably put out an actual statement on me quitting, huh.

So I'm quitting flight rising, or at least taking an extremely long hiatus. This is entirely due to the hatchling uma rules, as well as the culmination of everything else on fr that has slowly compounded over the years. The blunder with the sandsurge genes months after release, the auraboa lore that was mishandled, the fact that the uma system was left in a state of disrepair for years and then was released with "hey you get to make hatchling accents! actually we're going to heavily censor them because of made up industry standards!"

I know they updated the wording of the rules on them, but the initial slap to the face still hurts and I don't want to play ball and net premium currency sales for a company that deems lolita-wear as inappropriate, or thinks that children are so innocent and naive they couldn't possibly handle seeing scars on (mind you fictional pixelated dragon) children, or zombie children. Minecraft has zombie children. Neopets has zombie pets. Pokemon has zombie monsters. Not only that but the ruling of conflating scars with wounds is just. It's telling. They already had rules of 'no adult content' and 'no dragon suffering ' which I feel were perfectly adequate rules as it were - and also mods have the ability to veto any uma they find inappropriate - so adding in these rules did nothing except tell players "we don't trust your judgement and we don't trust you"

It's been frustration after frustration and while the good updates ARE GOOD (I love the new uma system a lot and it hurts so much to quit right when its literally never been easier to do what I want to do!!) I just. I don't want to earn premium currency for flight rising, and making accents/skins is all I want to do. I don't want to run a shop, either, and that's all I've ever done on here it seems. I tried to offload as much of the effort as I could onto just posting freely on the public ah and still i have to play customer service. It's exhausting. I do customer service for my real life job I don't want to do it online in a space where I don't really owe anyone anything.

I still love flight rising, I love the game itself, I love the people who have been nothing but kind to me, and I love being able to make art for my silly dragons but... it's just too much. I need to take a long break.

If you're going to respond to this post with a "Well Actually..." or anything else condescending then don't bother. I will block you.

I'm going to refresh my listings one last time and after that I'll just let them expire.

@Astral Observatory General Restock @Astral Observatory New Accents
I should probably put out an actual statement on me quitting, huh.

So I'm quitting flight rising, or at least taking an extremely long hiatus. This is entirely due to the hatchling uma rules, as well as the culmination of everything else on fr that has slowly compounded over the years. The blunder with the sandsurge genes months after release, the auraboa lore that was mishandled, the fact that the uma system was left in a state of disrepair for years and then was released with "hey you get to make hatchling accents! actually we're going to heavily censor them because of made up industry standards!"

I know they updated the wording of the rules on them, but the initial slap to the face still hurts and I don't want to play ball and net premium currency sales for a company that deems lolita-wear as inappropriate, or thinks that children are so innocent and naive they couldn't possibly handle seeing scars on (mind you fictional pixelated dragon) children, or zombie children. Minecraft has zombie children. Neopets has zombie pets. Pokemon has zombie monsters. Not only that but the ruling of conflating scars with wounds is just. It's telling. They already had rules of 'no adult content' and 'no dragon suffering ' which I feel were perfectly adequate rules as it were - and also mods have the ability to veto any uma they find inappropriate - so adding in these rules did nothing except tell players "we don't trust your judgement and we don't trust you"

It's been frustration after frustration and while the good updates ARE GOOD (I love the new uma system a lot and it hurts so much to quit right when its literally never been easier to do what I want to do!!) I just. I don't want to earn premium currency for flight rising, and making accents/skins is all I want to do. I don't want to run a shop, either, and that's all I've ever done on here it seems. I tried to offload as much of the effort as I could onto just posting freely on the public ah and still i have to play customer service. It's exhausting. I do customer service for my real life job I don't want to do it online in a space where I don't really owe anyone anything.

I still love flight rising, I love the game itself, I love the people who have been nothing but kind to me, and I love being able to make art for my silly dragons but... it's just too much. I need to take a long break.

If you're going to respond to this post with a "Well Actually..." or anything else condescending then don't bother. I will block you.

I'm going to refresh my listings one last time and after that I'll just let them expire.

@Astral Observatory General Restock @Astral Observatory New Accents
NqTy8Tb.png
im sad to watch you go, but i hope you feel welcome back in if/when you do come back :) i havent been into the UMA side of flight rising until a few months ago but i really love what you bring to it and your style. it's completely understandable especially with the recent hatchling rulings, but i hope the best for you creatively!! can i ask if you plan to put out any extra copies before leaving or to avoid getting more prem currency for the site you wont?
im sad to watch you go, but i hope you feel welcome back in if/when you do come back :) i havent been into the UMA side of flight rising until a few months ago but i really love what you bring to it and your style. it's completely understandable especially with the recent hatchling rulings, but i hope the best for you creatively!! can i ask if you plan to put out any extra copies before leaving or to avoid getting more prem currency for the site you wont?
Thunderback Slink holding a banner saying any pronouns, autism and adhd, and flight rising time + 3. Artist is dusthide #677935
I’ll be sad to see you go, but it’s important that you do what’s best for you. I wish you the best!
I’ll be sad to see you go, but it’s important that you do what’s best for you. I wish you the best!
Seeking Gen1 Flaxen/Midnight,Steel-Abyss/Midnight,Steel-Abyss
KHOiAv3.pnglPpogfJ.pngxGzwQab.pngwsU1mG4.pngdO6FQIW.pnghrbqzip.png7ESWNLx.png7XPr7wW.pngTBH15GG.pngHGGhJuM.pngRYy3HXn.pngU4YPA7B.pngB5yHFLM.png

scribblesisonlydoodling.gif

Koi%20Signature_zpsphzlcqrx.png[/columns]v2.png

oc4pg8L.png

lightsmall3_by_lichtdrache-da7ztog.png

JscoHOG.png

SgonDOb.png
Sorry to see you go! I understand your feelings.
Sorry to see you go! I understand your feelings.
ytkEBod.pngll0CfnD.png510b8a63d40dc52d20b17daf90107ad8a80d4b80.png
I'm so sorry you're leaving, but I understand. I hope they alter the rules that make you want to leave, because some of them really are offensive - even if unintentionally, but the issue definitely has been raised by many, and I (really, really) hope the devs take it into account.

I got one of your skins off the AH but need to trade T for G to get the other I would like to grab, and I need to step away for a bit. Could you please send me a PA for Sakura Censer, and I'll complete it by this afternoon?
I'm so sorry you're leaving, but I understand. I hope they alter the rules that make you want to leave, because some of them really are offensive - even if unintentionally, but the issue definitely has been raised by many, and I (really, really) hope the devs take it into account.

I got one of your skins off the AH but need to trade T for G to get the other I would like to grab, and I need to step away for a bit. Could you please send me a PA for Sakura Censer, and I'll complete it by this afternoon?
1WaPPyd.png

divider by irithyll
@romeow
The inventory I've got is all that I'm selling. Considering I've got like 220+ listings on the auction house and only 3 of them are dragons, I figure that's plenty to tide ppl over lol

I considered doing a thing where I just sell all my accents for 1gem or smth like that but I fear ppl would just bulk buy them and sell them for 500g themselves which... Doesn't rly help anything.

And I've been doing a lot of fandom art for ff7 which has been pretty fulfilling so at the very least I got something to put my efforts towards but, yeah... It's just frustrating seeing this site really double down on T For Toddler rules to the point neopets has more lax policies on "gore" (I wonder if they regret having an entire flight dedicated to rot and disease)
@romeow
The inventory I've got is all that I'm selling. Considering I've got like 220+ listings on the auction house and only 3 of them are dragons, I figure that's plenty to tide ppl over lol

I considered doing a thing where I just sell all my accents for 1gem or smth like that but I fear ppl would just bulk buy them and sell them for 500g themselves which... Doesn't rly help anything.

And I've been doing a lot of fandom art for ff7 which has been pretty fulfilling so at the very least I got something to put my efforts towards but, yeah... It's just frustrating seeing this site really double down on T For Toddler rules to the point neopets has more lax policies on "gore" (I wonder if they regret having an entire flight dedicated to rot and disease)
NqTy8Tb.png
Going to be so so sad to see you go. Your creations have been absolutly gorgeous and it's been a pleasure watching and seeing each new thing you've been comming out with. Definatly a favorite part of my day is browsing around seeing what new beautiful creation has cbeen shown.

I totally get where you are comming from though. I've seen a lot around the site in general that has been driving more amazing creators and people away. I wish you the best on your next journey in whatever you choose to do, and welcome you back gladly if you choose to return later down the road. ;_;
Going to be so so sad to see you go. Your creations have been absolutly gorgeous and it's been a pleasure watching and seeing each new thing you've been comming out with. Definatly a favorite part of my day is browsing around seeing what new beautiful creation has cbeen shown.

I totally get where you are comming from though. I've seen a lot around the site in general that has been driving more amazing creators and people away. I wish you the best on your next journey in whatever you choose to do, and welcome you back gladly if you choose to return later down the road. ;_;
FXlweMy.png3d8637d4e0c3a40a9104ee27b702ba84.pngetyFsl3.png
I'm sorry to see you leave since I've enjoyed your UMA work on FR (your art style is lovely), but I wish you all the best and hope you don't stop creating art <3
I'm sorry to see you leave since I've enjoyed your UMA work on FR (your art style is lovely), but I wish you all the best and hope you don't stop creating art <3
_________ CkbRBhK.gif _ Moondyne | fr time +17 | "If it's meant to happen it'll happen anyway"
I'm sorry to see you leave, but your reasons are 1000% valid. Please continue to create fantastic art for the world. Thank you for the wonderful skins and accents [emoji=familiar heart size=1]
I'm sorry to see you leave, but your reasons are 1000% valid.

Please continue to create fantastic art for the world. Thank you for the wonderful skins and accents
Things with Wings MJ22024she/her | FR +2
As sad as it is to see you leave, I don't blame you one bit. The pile of frustrations with this game I used to love only piles higher and higher with every update, and even features to rejoice over (UMA system revamp) are accompanied by a kick in the teeth. Artificial scarcity with old festival items and a glaring lack of consistency with them (ironic considering various gene situations nowadays lol), the coliseum being a dreary slog still unkind to some disabled folks, gathering desperately needing a revamp, ancient breed release problems and their remedies steadily creating far more problems than they're solving, players becoming the product quality checkers - I have such a long list that it isn't even funny. My final straw in crushing optimism was Auraboa Paisley. It breaks my damn heart, and I'll be headed fully past the hiatus gate myself at some point. I digress though; I hope you fare well in your future endeavors, do and indulge in what you genuinely enjoy. I empathize with you so much on this, and hope you don't feel any guilt with your decision to leave behind what makes you unhappy. Take care of yourself. [emoji=familiar heart size=1]
As sad as it is to see you leave, I don't blame you one bit. The pile of frustrations with this game I used to love only piles higher and higher with every update, and even features to rejoice over (UMA system revamp) are accompanied by a kick in the teeth. Artificial scarcity with old festival items and a glaring lack of consistency with them (ironic considering various gene situations nowadays lol), the coliseum being a dreary slog still unkind to some disabled folks, gathering desperately needing a revamp, ancient breed release problems and their remedies steadily creating far more problems than they're solving, players becoming the product quality checkers - I have such a long list that it isn't even funny. My final straw in crushing optimism was Auraboa Paisley. It breaks my damn heart, and I'll be headed fully past the hiatus gate myself at some point.

I digress though; I hope you fare well in your future endeavors, do and indulge in what you genuinely enjoy. I empathize with you so much on this, and hope you don't feel any guilt with your decision to leave behind what makes you unhappy. Take care of yourself.
chxjGgQ.gif

He/Him
BPco0tZ.png HQsa6bD.png xvCXjXc.png FR+3