Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Suggest me some songs/artists, please?
1 2
Heya! Since I've recently been obsessing with rhythm games and their music, I wanted to expand on my music taste, so I might as well ask anyone here if you guys got any good song/artist recommendations!

I tend to listen to fast-paced, energetic songs, rather than melancholic, slow-paced ones. Obviously, there are exceptions to this rule - if the melody itself sounds "unique" enough, I'd dig it! (e.g. Burn - Rom M) I also LOVE listening to lesser-known artists too! Or ones that are at least big enough to have a cult following!

Now, here are some of my favorite genres - and respective artists - to work with:
-Rock! But more particularly indie rock (Will Wood, Tally Hall, Bear Ghost), so I might as well listen to other subgenres of rock too! Maybe I could do some metal or "emo"-ish picks too?
-EDM/Techno! I've also been wanting to dip my toes into the more "hardcore" side of things like TANO*C crew's discographies >:D
-I'm a fan of a LOT of Vocaloid (and vocaloid-adjacent) songs too! (My favorite producers are Mitchie M, Pinocchio P, Hitoshizuku & Yama and Sasuke Haruguchi!
-Sometimes, I also listen to pop and indie in general! I'm not really keen into ones with love as the song’s theme, though.

And, here are other specific artists that won't easily fit the bill as the genres above:
-Linda AI-CUE (My current hyperfix! His main genre is… Techno? I think??? He can get pretty experimental oftentimes especially with his 2000 series of songs)
-Bill Wurtz (hasn't made a new song in a while but his discography is very funky :])
-OSTs from various video games (mainly from rhythm games, but feel free to recommend me some from other ones too!)

EDIT: I forgot to sub on this thread LMAO - no need to ping! I'll listen to what you guys recommended later!
Heya! Since I've recently been obsessing with rhythm games and their music, I wanted to expand on my music taste, so I might as well ask anyone here if you guys got any good song/artist recommendations!

I tend to listen to fast-paced, energetic songs, rather than melancholic, slow-paced ones. Obviously, there are exceptions to this rule - if the melody itself sounds "unique" enough, I'd dig it! (e.g. Burn - Rom M) I also LOVE listening to lesser-known artists too! Or ones that are at least big enough to have a cult following!

Now, here are some of my favorite genres - and respective artists - to work with:
-Rock! But more particularly indie rock (Will Wood, Tally Hall, Bear Ghost), so I might as well listen to other subgenres of rock too! Maybe I could do some metal or "emo"-ish picks too?
-EDM/Techno! I've also been wanting to dip my toes into the more "hardcore" side of things like TANO*C crew's discographies >:D
-I'm a fan of a LOT of Vocaloid (and vocaloid-adjacent) songs too! (My favorite producers are Mitchie M, Pinocchio P, Hitoshizuku & Yama and Sasuke Haruguchi!
-Sometimes, I also listen to pop and indie in general! I'm not really keen into ones with love as the song’s theme, though.

And, here are other specific artists that won't easily fit the bill as the genres above:
-Linda AI-CUE (My current hyperfix! His main genre is… Techno? I think??? He can get pretty experimental oftentimes especially with his 2000 series of songs)
-Bill Wurtz (hasn't made a new song in a while but his discography is very funky :])
-OSTs from various video games (mainly from rhythm games, but feel free to recommend me some from other ones too!)

EDIT: I forgot to sub on this thread LMAO - no need to ping! I'll listen to what you guys recommended later!
Splatoon 3 ost are my favorite! Especially the instrumental. My favorites are 'Till depth do us part" and "Big betrayal"! It's usually upbeat electronic music.

The Phenomenon album by thousand foot krutch is pretty funky lol. The Art Of Breaking is another album of theirs which is pretty good too. It's mostly alternative rock with some rap.

And the Asend album by Nine lashes is electronic pop!

Splatoon 3 ost are my favorite! Especially the instrumental. My favorites are 'Till depth do us part" and "Big betrayal"! It's usually upbeat electronic music.

The Phenomenon album by thousand foot krutch is pretty funky lol. The Art Of Breaking is another album of theirs which is pretty good too. It's mostly alternative rock with some rap.

And the Asend album by Nine lashes is electronic pop!

LMLA6wg.png
Oops forgot to tag @painterish
Oops forgot to tag @painterish
LMLA6wg.png
Machine Girl has got some good ones for more hardcore techno music

uhh i'll also put The Garden and Weathers. they are indie pop / rock i think? idk i just go here

also obligatory mention of the ffxiv ost, which has some slappin tracks
Machine Girl has got some good ones for more hardcore techno music

uhh i'll also put The Garden and Weathers. they are indie pop / rock i think? idk i just go here

also obligatory mention of the ffxiv ost, which has some slappin tracks
em/sai | all pronouns | fr+2 | pings ok
wishlist | fandragon project
probably on ffxiv
This is my secret text... Let's keep it between us, ok?
-> HES SO SMALL AAAA
aKhVpRf.png
Oh boy, I have a lot of techno recs from games mostly and some other artists that are not that well known haha

I'd like to recommend some of the OST from PGR, because gawd, they have pretty neat songs!

Narwhal
Moonlit Occultation
In My Memory
To The Limit

There's also a composer known as Taishi that I found completely by accident at one point, and been listening to his stuff since alongside Nhato's and many others for a more energetic/melodic?/progressive change!

The Personalizer
Unreal Player
Somersault
False God
One Step Foward
Bad Apple!! (Nhato remix)
Oh boy, I have a lot of techno recs from games mostly and some other artists that are not that well known haha

I'd like to recommend some of the OST from PGR, because gawd, they have pretty neat songs!

Narwhal
Moonlit Occultation
In My Memory
To The Limit

There's also a composer known as Taishi that I found completely by accident at one point, and been listening to his stuff since alongside Nhato's and many others for a more energetic/melodic?/progressive change!

The Personalizer
Unreal Player
Somersault
False God
One Step Foward
Bad Apple!! (Nhato remix)
Plant-Vash.png
> Treasure Frenzy [PQ]
> G1 dragon list
+5 hours ahead of FR time
He/They menace
Adult
ll0CfnD.png
a2e1ae1baf2f2f8b720795dea9e4be1e5df6fba7.png
stbls.png
Omg!! Vocaloid fan!! I have a lot of very good vocaloid songs to recommend :D

Quixote - AHUB
Literally one of my favorite songs ever. It just gets louder and louder and oh my god I love it.

Nobody Makes Sense - PinocchioP
You mentioned PinocchioP, and this is my favorite by them. :)

Magical Doctor - MARETU
HEAVY flashing lights warning. I mean it. It’s kinda breakcoreish, and makes me focus so well because I can barely hear anything other than the song.

New Darling - MARETU
Same producer as the last song, and one of my favorites by them.

Whatever Whatever Whatever - Neru
Happy vibes. Good vibes. Fun art style. Love it.

A Mistaken Belief of Love - NILFRUITS
Nilfruits my beloved… and I adore flower too. The last minute or so is so good.

Miss Death’s Idol - umbrabyte
Literally one of the best songs I’ve ever heard, vocaloid or not. And the creator is super underrated with super good music, definitely check out more of their stuff. I love it so much I have a fandragon of this song lol.

Collared - Vanelily
Discovered this one randomly and boy oh boy is it good. It’s loud wnough that the vibes are awesome and I love it.

Hitogawari - Kikuohana
I adore Kikuo’d songs, and this is one of the best. The singer’s voice makes me genuinely ascend.

Crime and Punishment - Sheena Ringo
Her voice… I heard Ado’s cover and then tracked down the original, and I like it more than the cover. It’s so full of emotion.

I have a TON more songs in my vocaloid playlist (502 to be exact… lmao) but these are some of my favorites! I hope you find one that you like :)
Omg!! Vocaloid fan!! I have a lot of very good vocaloid songs to recommend :D

Quixote - AHUB
Literally one of my favorite songs ever. It just gets louder and louder and oh my god I love it.

Nobody Makes Sense - PinocchioP
You mentioned PinocchioP, and this is my favorite by them. :)

Magical Doctor - MARETU
HEAVY flashing lights warning. I mean it. It’s kinda breakcoreish, and makes me focus so well because I can barely hear anything other than the song.

New Darling - MARETU
Same producer as the last song, and one of my favorites by them.

Whatever Whatever Whatever - Neru
Happy vibes. Good vibes. Fun art style. Love it.

A Mistaken Belief of Love - NILFRUITS
Nilfruits my beloved… and I adore flower too. The last minute or so is so good.

Miss Death’s Idol - umbrabyte
Literally one of the best songs I’ve ever heard, vocaloid or not. And the creator is super underrated with super good music, definitely check out more of their stuff. I love it so much I have a fandragon of this song lol.

Collared - Vanelily
Discovered this one randomly and boy oh boy is it good. It’s loud wnough that the vibes are awesome and I love it.

Hitogawari - Kikuohana
I adore Kikuo’d songs, and this is one of the best. The singer’s voice makes me genuinely ascend.

Crime and Punishment - Sheena Ringo
Her voice… I heard Ado’s cover and then tracked down the original, and I like it more than the cover. It’s so full of emotion.

I have a TON more songs in my vocaloid playlist (502 to be exact… lmao) but these are some of my favorites! I hope you find one that you like :)
Call me Soli!
She/her
I'm always subbed
Fr +0
Minor
1rAc41Y.gif Art Shop
Clan Directory
68031594.png
wqnTQE2.png Tm63Ief.pngezgif-4-4eb770cf62.gif
@Painterish
Do hot girls like chords? - Knower
@Painterish
Do hot girls like chords? - Knower
bc9c8507869f3113339dc451b11e787a3cdce193.png
e7d3661fd609c8e0e30ed5683250eec94d379811.png
I personally don't listen to many fast paced songs so I don't have many to recommend- but if you're willing i would definitely recommend
Melanie Martinez, Cavetown, and Jack Stauber.

Some faster and more energetic paced music i listen to would probably be Mother Mother or Imagine Dragons.

There's also Neoni (I used to listen to them all the time, but I haven't much at all recently)
I personally don't listen to many fast paced songs so I don't have many to recommend- but if you're willing i would definitely recommend
Melanie Martinez, Cavetown, and Jack Stauber.

Some faster and more energetic paced music i listen to would probably be Mother Mother or Imagine Dragons.

There's also Neoni (I used to listen to them all the time, but I haven't much at all recently)
bJs5ioz.gif

king gizzard and the lizard wizard's album polygondwanaland is my rec! all of their music has very interesting time signatures but poly has 4 different ones going on at the same time if listening for rhythm is your thing.

they have a vast discography that covers a lot of genre's!
king gizzard and the lizard wizard's album polygondwanaland is my rec! all of their music has very interesting time signatures but poly has 4 different ones going on at the same time if listening for rhythm is your thing.

they have a vast discography that covers a lot of genre's!
ACDRIpg.png
TO5f5vS.png
gVI5OAO.png
LTm7UbO.png

mlHpBMC.png
Y3tHz6g.png
rix3ppo.png
plague.gif
I recommend Gojira for anyone, it's an immediate 'go listen to em NOW!! respectfully', but they are a more proggy metal band, y'know the songs have ups and downs. I'd the The Art of Dying would be an awesome first song, it's what got me into Gojira!

For like a game OST, for SURE LISA: The Painful's soundtrack. a lot of their tracks are really cool and electronic sounding?? (I can't describe music that isn't metal all that well elp me,,) A lot of it is faster paced too I think. Love every track a whole lot!

sorry if this is typed poorly I'm chuggin off of not a lot of sleep and i'm in school
I recommend Gojira for anyone, it's an immediate 'go listen to em NOW!! respectfully', but they are a more proggy metal band, y'know the songs have ups and downs. I'd the The Art of Dying would be an awesome first song, it's what got me into Gojira!

For like a game OST, for SURE LISA: The Painful's soundtrack. a lot of their tracks are really cool and electronic sounding?? (I can't describe music that isn't metal all that well elp me,,) A lot of it is faster paced too I think. Love every track a whole lot!

sorry if this is typed poorly I'm chuggin off of not a lot of sleep and i'm in school
thanks DISCORD for messing up my forum signature that I was very proud of

Cooking up a new one using imgur or something because discord sucks :rage:
1 2