Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Baby Accents
So we're not allowed "Lolita-inspired apparel" And I am so deeply confused but also concerned about what that's supposed to imply? Like when I think of lolita, I think of the lolita fashion which is actually meant to look cute and tends to have long proofy skirts, bonnets. I think about stuff already associated with victoria inspired dresses, things like bears, dolls. Essentially I associate [b]lolita fashion with things that a typically associated with with kids, in a fantasy victorian style. [/b] [img]https://i.imgur.com/7iCvrcf.jpeg[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/SJzMNmP.jpeg[/img] [b]When I think Lolita style apparel I think this. [/b] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/custom-shop/backgrounds/custom-shop-background-63f21b07f1413.png[/img] I'm concerned, instead of ever changing or relaxing things this feels even more vague and confusing. How do I make a baby dragon that's supposed to look like a cute baby with baby clothes? Gosh I am so tired, I've been playing FR since 2014. I just don't have energy to try and make sense of all this. Please at least provide us more context for the lolita thing. I know about the book but if we're talking about apparel we are discussing style which is very different.
So we're not allowed "Lolita-inspired apparel" And I am so deeply confused but also concerned about what that's supposed to imply?

Like when I think of lolita, I think of the lolita fashion which is actually meant to look cute and tends to have long proofy skirts, bonnets.

I think about stuff already associated with victoria inspired dresses, things like bears, dolls.

Essentially I associate lolita fashion with things that a typically associated with with kids, in a fantasy victorian style.
7iCvrcf.jpeg
SJzMNmP.jpeg

When I think Lolita style apparel I think this.
custom-shop-background-63f21b07f1413.png

I'm concerned, instead of ever changing or relaxing things this feels even more vague and confusing. How do I make a baby dragon that's supposed to look like a cute baby with baby clothes?

Gosh I am so tired, I've been playing FR since 2014. I just don't have energy to try and make sense of all this.

Please at least provide us more context for the lolita thing. I know about the book but if we're talking about apparel we are discussing style which is very different.
A contact us for clarification would probably be best.
A contact us for clarification would probably be best.
mt8lr6s.png
yeah, like they clearly don't know what it is. it has nothing to do with the book.
yeah, like they clearly don't know what it is. it has nothing to do with the book.
STRANGEFLESH
>It/It's
>friendly/open to chat! I love pings and messages
>wishlist
>lineage
>About me
tumblr-paypl0-G37c1xpxfk5o4-250.png
[quote name="RheoTastic" date="2024-05-16 15:32:01" ] they capitalized the L in lolita. when its the fashion, its lowercase. they are talking about the nabokov book [/quote] Not on it's wikipedia, or any of the websites I've looked at?
RheoTastic wrote on 2024-05-16 15:32:01:
they capitalized the L in lolita. when its the fashion, its lowercase. they are talking about the nabokov book
Not on it's wikipedia, or any of the websites I've looked at?
Yeah I agree. I associate lolita clothes with just adorable dresses and ribbons so I'm extremely confused by this rule and don't really wanna end up breaking rules so I don't think I will make baby skins after all. Just pretty bummed out about this.
Yeah I agree. I associate lolita clothes with just adorable dresses and ribbons so I'm extremely confused by this rule and don't really wanna end up breaking rules so I don't think I will make baby skins after all. Just pretty bummed out about this.
6OECEOe.pnglWOVJox.png
[quote name="Monako" date="2024-05-16 15:33:10" ] [quote name="RheoTastic" date="2024-05-16 15:32:01" ] they capitalized the L in lolita. when its the fashion, its lowercase. they are talking about the nabokov book [/quote] Not on it's wikipedia, or any of the websites I've looked at? [/quote] sorry I was deleting my post before I saw this response bc I realized that yes the first response is right, it is absolutely best to just submit a help ticket for clarification. maybe I had it backwards anyway?? sorry for that clerical error on my part but from the rest of the bullet point talking about Adultifying I maintain that they meant it in the book context
Monako wrote on 2024-05-16 15:33:10:
RheoTastic wrote on 2024-05-16 15:32:01:
they capitalized the L in lolita. when its the fashion, its lowercase. they are talking about the nabokov book
Not on it's wikipedia, or any of the websites I've looked at?
sorry I was deleting my post before I saw this response bc I realized that yes the first response is right, it is absolutely best to just submit a help ticket for clarification.

maybe I had it backwards anyway?? sorry for that clerical error on my part but from the rest of the bullet point talking about Adultifying I maintain that they meant it in the book context
KHUgIpL.gif sMnKARY.png fK5z2eq.gif
Hello everyone, I'm going to re-post here what I posted in another thread about today's rules updates. The first paragraph doesn't apply to this thread, but the rest do. Thank you!

Hello everyone, thank you for your feedback!

Flight Rising is a virtual pet sim, which is a genre of the video game industry. In the video game industry, it's more common than not to prevent harm or the depiction of harm of children, which includes your world's child analogue. With hatchlings soon to be eligible for user-generated skins and accents, we had to make a decision. And at this time, we've decided to err on the side of caution and this includes wounds and scars.

Our rules and guidelines are based not only on industry-standard guidelines but our own 10+ years of experience moderating user generated content of all kinds. Suffice it to say, we've seen some things and we're glad to see most of you haven't seen what we've seen and had to moderate.

These rules are not us making an editorial comment your personal preferences or choices. We understand the majority of our community means well. These rules are rooted in our professional experience moderating UGC and caution, because we also know that not everyone means well. There are some topics, depictions, content where allowing it at all creates room for those with malicious intent.

This thread is now locked and any further feedback on our rules or policies should be sent directly to us via Contact Us. We are reading your feedback.

Thank you for understanding. We appreciate you.
Hello everyone, I'm going to re-post here what I posted in another thread about today's rules updates. The first paragraph doesn't apply to this thread, but the rest do. Thank you!

Hello everyone, thank you for your feedback!

Flight Rising is a virtual pet sim, which is a genre of the video game industry. In the video game industry, it's more common than not to prevent harm or the depiction of harm of children, which includes your world's child analogue. With hatchlings soon to be eligible for user-generated skins and accents, we had to make a decision. And at this time, we've decided to err on the side of caution and this includes wounds and scars.

Our rules and guidelines are based not only on industry-standard guidelines but our own 10+ years of experience moderating user generated content of all kinds. Suffice it to say, we've seen some things and we're glad to see most of you haven't seen what we've seen and had to moderate.

These rules are not us making an editorial comment your personal preferences or choices. We understand the majority of our community means well. These rules are rooted in our professional experience moderating UGC and caution, because we also know that not everyone means well. There are some topics, depictions, content where allowing it at all creates room for those with malicious intent.

This thread is now locked and any further feedback on our rules or policies should be sent directly to us via Contact Us. We are reading your feedback.

Thank you for understanding. We appreciate you.