Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | No scars on babies?
1 2 3
[quote name="Lyuna" date="2024-05-16 14:23:43" ] It is a little annoying when you also consider that not everyone sees Permababies as actually hatchlings in their lore. [/quote] Yeah, and then the devs also put emphasis that it's against the rules to make skins and accents suggesting that Permababies are anything other than children, which is also uncomfortable, though for different reasons.
Lyuna wrote on 2024-05-16 14:23:43:
It is a little annoying when you also consider that not everyone sees Permababies as actually hatchlings in their lore.

Yeah, and then the devs also put emphasis that it's against the rules to make skins and accents suggesting that Permababies are anything other than children, which is also uncomfortable, though for different reasons.
The rules on scars are already pretty tight for adult dragons, so I saw this coming a mile away.

I recently printed a healed scars accent, in which I made by colour-dropping the on-site scar apparel... Had to mute the colours down to practically white in order for it to be accepted. :'D
(Not a complaint, just some context.)
The rules on scars are already pretty tight for adult dragons, so I saw this coming a mile away.

I recently printed a healed scars accent, in which I made by colour-dropping the on-site scar apparel... Had to mute the colours down to practically white in order for it to be accepted. :'D
(Not a complaint, just some context.)
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
[quote name="Teeka" date="2024-05-16 14:25:34" ] [quote name="Lyuna" date="2024-05-16 14:23:43" ] It is a little annoying when you also consider that not everyone sees Permababies as actually hatchlings in their lore. [/quote] Yeah, and then the devs also put emphasis that it's against the rules to make skins and accents suggesting that Permababies are anything other than children, which is also uncomfortable, though for different reasons. [/quote] Yeah, like.. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/52222554]my permababy[/url] has babies of her own, so she was certainly an adult at some point and it would be very odd to see her as not emotionally mature now [emoji=skull size=1]
Teeka wrote on 2024-05-16 14:25:34:
Lyuna wrote on 2024-05-16 14:23:43:
It is a little annoying when you also consider that not everyone sees Permababies as actually hatchlings in their lore.

Yeah, and then the devs also put emphasis that it's against the rules to make skins and accents suggesting that Permababies are anything other than children, which is also uncomfortable, though for different reasons.

Yeah, like.. my permababy has babies of her own, so she was certainly an adult at some point and it would be very odd to see her as not emotionally mature now
[quote name="BassetBites" date="2024-05-16 14:21:22" ] My guess is they're trying to make sure people don't run rampant with the permababy skins and make hatchlings that look like they've been Through The Horrors, so it's an "all or nothing" rule. Keeping it safe with no scars, period. [/quote] Not to be annoying, but...that's what the review process is for. I don't think we should cut out all chances of things that could be okay, for the fear that some people may try and cross the line.
BassetBites wrote on 2024-05-16 14:21:22:
My guess is they're trying to make sure people don't run rampant with the permababy skins and make hatchlings that look like they've been Through The Horrors, so it's an "all or nothing" rule. Keeping it safe with no scars, period.
Not to be annoying, but...that's what the review process is for. I don't think we should cut out all chances of things that could be okay, for the fear that some people may try and cross the line.
LVeJ3XV.png8KFUJHl.pngBVsqDM4.png
My hunch based on the examples given for the "permababy skins shall not adultify babies" is that they are specifically trying to prevent skins that would imply the sexualization of a baby dragon, as opposed to like, a baby dragon with gray hair or wrinkles or a briefcase full of tax paperwork.

That ol' "3,000 year old woman in an 8-year-old's body" anime trope chestnut that nobody likes.
My hunch based on the examples given for the "permababy skins shall not adultify babies" is that they are specifically trying to prevent skins that would imply the sexualization of a baby dragon, as opposed to like, a baby dragon with gray hair or wrinkles or a briefcase full of tax paperwork.

That ol' "3,000 year old woman in an 8-year-old's body" anime trope chestnut that nobody likes.
Hey, friendly reminder to drink water, stretch, and take a short break if you can. Stay healthy! Also, don't forget about any chores or tasks you might be putting off.
[quote name="vihuff" date="2024-05-16 14:34:19" ] [quote name="BassetBites" date="2024-05-16 14:21:22" ] My guess is they're trying to make sure people don't run rampant with the permababy skins and make hatchlings that look like they've been Through The Horrors, so it's an "all or nothing" rule. Keeping it safe with no scars, period. [/quote] Not to be annoying, but...that's what the review process is for. I don't think we should cut out all chances of things that could be okay, for the fear that some people may try and cross the line. [/quote] Oh no I agree completely, there's a reason we don't just let people print skins on a whim whenever they want. The review process exists for a reason. This is just my guess as to why this rule is being implemented in the first place. Staff is just playing it safe. [i]Very[/i] safe.
vihuff wrote on 2024-05-16 14:34:19:
BassetBites wrote on 2024-05-16 14:21:22:
My guess is they're trying to make sure people don't run rampant with the permababy skins and make hatchlings that look like they've been Through The Horrors, so it's an "all or nothing" rule. Keeping it safe with no scars, period.
Not to be annoying, but...that's what the review process is for. I don't think we should cut out all chances of things that could be okay, for the fear that some people may try and cross the line.
Oh no I agree completely, there's a reason we don't just let people print skins on a whim whenever they want. The review process exists for a reason.

This is just my guess as to why this rule is being implemented in the first place. Staff is just playing it safe. Very safe.
ytkEBod.png
5iXiC8z.png
tyEuRXe.png
9PstSFT.png
Wn6vGC1.png
IrmwTXC.png
JuaytuP.png
mlHpBMC.png
nmHdjnM.png
loimysO.png
..…….
look-at-my-fursona-her-name-is-Marsh.png
wind.gif you-WILL-look-at-my-fursona.png
[quote name="Iokharic" date="2024-05-16 14:38:00" ] My hunch based on the examples given for the "permababy skins shall not adultify babies" is that they are specifically trying to prevent skins that would imply the sexualization of a baby dragon, as opposed to like, a baby dragon with gray hair or wrinkles or a briefcase full of tax paperwork. That ol' "3,000 year old woman in an 8-year-old's body" anime trope chestnut that nobody likes. [/quote] But they don't phrase it that way - they state that they don't want anything that implies, in design or name, the Permababy is anything other than a child. Which is really not a good thing since some Permababy dragons on the site have hatchlings of their own.
Iokharic wrote on 2024-05-16 14:38:00:

But they don't phrase it that way - they state that they don't want anything that implies, in design or name, the Permababy is anything other than a child. Which is really not a good thing since some Permababy dragons on the site have hatchlings of their own.
Hello everyone, thank you for your feedback!

Flight Rising is a virtual pet sim, which is a genre of the video game industry. In the video game industry, it's more common than not to prevent harm or the depiction of harm of children, which includes your world's child analogue. With hatchlings soon to be eligible for user-generated skins and accents, we had to make a decision. And at this time, we've decided to err on the side of caution and this includes wounds and scars.

Our rules and guidelines are based not only on industry-standard guidelines but our own 10+ years of experience moderating user generated content of all kinds. Suffice it to say, we've seen some things and we're glad to see most of you haven't seen what we've seen and had to moderate.

These rules are not us making an editorial comment your personal preferences or choices. We understand the majority of our community means well. These rules are rooted in our professional experience moderating UGC and caution, because we also know that not everyone means well. There are some topics, depictions, content where allowing it at all creates room for those with malicious intent.

This thread is now locked and any further feedback on our rules or policies should be sent directly to us via Contact Us. We are reading your feedback.

Thank you for understanding. We appreciate you.
Hello everyone, thank you for your feedback!

Flight Rising is a virtual pet sim, which is a genre of the video game industry. In the video game industry, it's more common than not to prevent harm or the depiction of harm of children, which includes your world's child analogue. With hatchlings soon to be eligible for user-generated skins and accents, we had to make a decision. And at this time, we've decided to err on the side of caution and this includes wounds and scars.

Our rules and guidelines are based not only on industry-standard guidelines but our own 10+ years of experience moderating user generated content of all kinds. Suffice it to say, we've seen some things and we're glad to see most of you haven't seen what we've seen and had to moderate.

These rules are not us making an editorial comment your personal preferences or choices. We understand the majority of our community means well. These rules are rooted in our professional experience moderating UGC and caution, because we also know that not everyone means well. There are some topics, depictions, content where allowing it at all creates room for those with malicious intent.

This thread is now locked and any further feedback on our rules or policies should be sent directly to us via Contact Us. We are reading your feedback.

Thank you for understanding. We appreciate you.
1 2 3