Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | hold up.. [Mirrors]
1 2
So, the other day I learned why Mirrors are called Mirrors.

Apparently, it was because Mirrors didn't just have two sets of eyes. They also had two sets of wings, two tails, and two sets of front legs. However, these were all scrapped (except for the eyes).

Now I'm curious to know..

-Is there still an initial sketch of what these looked like?

-Will we ever get a breed that has extra limbs? I would assume all breeds have to have at least two front legs, two back legs, two wings, and one tail for apparel reasons, but is there anything that says they can't have more than that? I kind of want to know how apparel items would look on those kinds of dragons..
So, the other day I learned why Mirrors are called Mirrors.

Apparently, it was because Mirrors didn't just have two sets of eyes. They also had two sets of wings, two tails, and two sets of front legs. However, these were all scrapped (except for the eyes).

Now I'm curious to know..

-Is there still an initial sketch of what these looked like?

-Will we ever get a breed that has extra limbs? I would assume all breeds have to have at least two front legs, two back legs, two wings, and one tail for apparel reasons, but is there anything that says they can't have more than that? I kind of want to know how apparel items would look on those kinds of dragons..
Tobias | He/Him | Fiesta de Muertos and The Flying Trapeze (100 hatchling challenges)
Regarding forum games, please only select dragons who have familiars - those are the permanent residents of my lair. Feel free to look through the hibernal den, too
Oooo that sounds so cool! I wondered why they'd be called that too, I'm curious to see that too.
And I wish if there were more then one limbs, maybe just the one pair of them wasnused for apparel rather then doubles?
Oooo that sounds so cool! I wondered why they'd be called that too, I'm curious to see that too.
And I wish if there were more then one limbs, maybe just the one pair of them wasnused for apparel rather then doubles?
Jar of Vapors I collect Bottled Embers and Jar Of Vapors!
WishList
Bottled Embers
I don't know if there is an initial sketch of Mirrors, but I don't think we'll be getting any extra-limbed dragons. It's also why Swiftwings were rejected, because they lacked arms. The admins have said before, for apparel purposes, all dragons will have four legs, two wings, and one tail.
I don't know if there is an initial sketch of Mirrors, but I don't think we'll be getting any extra-limbed dragons. It's also why Swiftwings were rejected, because they lacked arms. The admins have said before, for apparel purposes, all dragons will have four legs, two wings, and one tail.
O7jJYHV.png Gn1pwrs.png UQDD8WB.png
[quote name="@DarkMatterDragon" date="2019-03-30 12:24:02" ] I don't know if there is an initial sketch of Mirrors, but I don't think we'll be getting any extra-limbed dragons. It's also why Swiftwings were rejected, because they lacked arms. The admins have said before, for apparel purposes, all dragons will have four legs, two wings, and one tail. [/quote] Well, the swiftwings were rejected for lack of arms but nothing was ever said about more than one set of arms, etc. Spirals have 6 wings after all. So I don't think breeds with more than the 'general' are rejected. iirc the mirror designed was changed because it was too cluttered and... didn't look good or something like that. Not purely because of it's extra limbs. [b]Edit:[/b] Found the quote! [url=http://neondragon.deviantart.com/art/Mirror-Dragons-77340438]From Undel's deviantart:[/url] [quote]They are called Mirror dragons because Akiri and I agreed wanted the design to be based on multiples. Dual tail, 4 arms, 4 eyes, 4 wings... all sorta... "mirrored". The thing is the dragon looked fugly so we ditched all the multiples save the eyes. >.>;[/quote] (It's a comment on page 7) I also think there's a more 'official' answer on either the Q&A or the tumblr or something that basically explains the extra limbs too but they say the same thing basically.
@DarkMatterDragon wrote on 2019-03-30 12:24:02:

Well, the swiftwings were rejected for lack of arms but nothing was ever said about more than one set of arms, etc.

Spirals have 6 wings after all. So I don't think breeds with more than the 'general' are rejected.

iirc the mirror designed was changed because it was too cluttered and... didn't look good or something like that. Not purely because of it's extra limbs.

Edit: Found the quote!

From Undel's deviantart:
Quote:
They are called Mirror dragons because Akiri and I agreed wanted the design to be based on multiples. Dual tail, 4 arms, 4 eyes, 4 wings... all sorta... "mirrored". The thing is the dragon looked fugly so we ditched all the multiples save the eyes. >.>;
(It's a comment on page 7)

I also think there's a more 'official' answer on either the Q&A or the tumblr or something that basically explains the extra limbs too but they say the same thing basically.

IT7iTv8.png
@AlphaSobek Ohh, that DOES make more sense. Having too many limbs is not the same as not enough limbs, and the admins have never said anything on that topic to dismiss the idea. So, yeah, I stand corrected - it's possible we might have extralimbed dragons.
@AlphaSobek Ohh, that DOES make more sense. Having too many limbs is not the same as not enough limbs, and the admins have never said anything on that topic to dismiss the idea. So, yeah, I stand corrected - it's possible we might have extralimbed dragons.
O7jJYHV.png Gn1pwrs.png UQDD8WB.png
I'm pretty sure they've said that dragons will always have exactly 4 limbs and two wings so no, I dont think we'll ever see extra limbed dragins... however I would love to see someone sketch and original mirror
I'm pretty sure they've said that dragons will always have exactly 4 limbs and two wings so no, I dont think we'll ever see extra limbed dragins... however I would love to see someone sketch and original mirror
95154e6f88761c97ae7010a4917ba626.gif
@Freydra

Spirals have 6 wings though? Even without counting the arm wings the leg wings still bring the count up to 4.

They've said they wont go lower but I haven't seen anything that says they can't go higher
@Freydra

Spirals have 6 wings though? Even without counting the arm wings the leg wings still bring the count up to 4.

They've said they wont go lower but I haven't seen anything that says they can't go higher
IT7iTv8.png
Coatls have buttwings so they have 4 wings not tied to arms/legs so.. Agreed I'd like to see an interpretation of this ugly proto mirror. Bring em into lore like gaolers. Edit: @KlaxxonPaxxton [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/491858569503965189/561670304880001024/20190330_165649.png[/img] One downloaded app and one very dull social event later
Coatls have buttwings so they have 4 wings not tied to arms/legs so..

Agreed I'd like to see an interpretation of this ugly proto mirror. Bring em into lore like gaolers.

Edit: @KlaxxonPaxxton

20190330_165649.png
One downloaded app and one very dull social event later
I know this thread is really old but Aethers have multiple limbs
I know this thread is really old but Aethers have multiple limbs
@pyromaniac12 this thread is from a few months before the implementation of ancient breeds. dragon breeds that broke the mold by having extra or fewer limbs or heads were not feasible yet as they had to be compatible with existing apparel
@pyromaniac12 this thread is from a few months before the implementation of ancient breeds. dragon breeds that broke the mold by having extra or fewer limbs or heads were not feasible yet as they had to be compatible with existing apparel
sorry my christmas sig has been up until may it won't happen again
1 2