Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What keeps you going on flightrising?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Lore projects and tools! FR's got a lovely community. The nonsense linked in my sig is the longest I've stuck with a funsies code project, and it's 95% because the people on the thread are such a pleasure to work with [emoji=familiar heart size=1]
Lore projects and tools! FR's got a lovely community. The nonsense linked in my sig is the longest I've stuck with a funsies code project, and it's 95% because the people on the thread are such a pleasure to work with
cL9yafY.gif
infinite projects and sick community
infinite projects and sick community
Inspired.pngDetermined.pngShouting.pngSurprised.pngDizzy.pngSigh.pngInspired%5E.pngStunned%5E.pngDetermined%5E.pngSigh%5E.pngWorried%5E.pngJoyous%5E.png
wishlist ---> here
buy my dragons ---> gen ones
buy more of my dragons --->hatchery
We need to keep a routine and live for our dragons or else the mental brain problems will get to us
also we love decorating little pixel dragons and seeing other people's kids
We need to keep a routine and live for our dragons or else the mental brain problems will get to us
also we love decorating little pixel dragons and seeing other people's kids
3ab5c778.gifJupiter/Ben • She/Nix/Nova/Voi • FR+0 • Art ShopWishlist 3ab5c778.gif
Well I can quit the game and just continue playing without feeling a loss, so that's nice. It's really helpful in that sense that you can't delete your account, they really know their neurodivergent audience and I appreciate that.

I "sold" all of my scatter successes and familiars, I could easily buy back most familiars (after buying a lot of gems) but obviously nobody has the empathy to give back an XXY G1 they bought for like 1 gem surely that was intended sale eh. That's one thing that's not so cool about FR, the community is not that good anymore. Not that the community is bad, but it was soooo much better when I first signed up.

But I should talk about the positives right? I like pet games and Neopets has like nothing to offer. I got my 20 pet slots and bought my 20 UC Makers, now it's just a waiting game on finding good names and trading for them. I'm only restocking morphing potions because they are unbuyable because of the UC Makers. I really need a Kyrii potion before the Royal UCs come out. ;w; ANYWAY on FR you can always earn actively with the Coliseum. I can actively earn treasure by exalting and I always have the chance of a rare drop. It's fun, and even if you don't get any good loot at the end of the day you can also hoardsell any loot and get like 500kt.

I'm more of a "10 really good G1s" type of player, but mostly because I sold all my old dragons during episodes. But I've learned my lesson, I'll yeet any dragon that was difficult to get into my hibden. The addition of the hibden was probably one of the best. But yeah I just like the site. I gave away my battle pet on Subeta and now I have zero fun on that website. Somehow I found a low battle pet in the auction house, but getting one pet to max stats over there is no fun. On Flight Rising that's like two days of grinding at most. I spoke about actively earning earlier, but you also earn passively through dailies. Even on bad days I can further my familiar relationship with a handful of them. I can gather items and get a couple of eggs if I'm persistent enough. And as time passes, my items will become more expensive.

Also other people's dragons are really pretty, I lack that fashion sense on dragons.
Well I can quit the game and just continue playing without feeling a loss, so that's nice. It's really helpful in that sense that you can't delete your account, they really know their neurodivergent audience and I appreciate that.

I "sold" all of my scatter successes and familiars, I could easily buy back most familiars (after buying a lot of gems) but obviously nobody has the empathy to give back an XXY G1 they bought for like 1 gem surely that was intended sale eh. That's one thing that's not so cool about FR, the community is not that good anymore. Not that the community is bad, but it was soooo much better when I first signed up.

But I should talk about the positives right? I like pet games and Neopets has like nothing to offer. I got my 20 pet slots and bought my 20 UC Makers, now it's just a waiting game on finding good names and trading for them. I'm only restocking morphing potions because they are unbuyable because of the UC Makers. I really need a Kyrii potion before the Royal UCs come out. ;w; ANYWAY on FR you can always earn actively with the Coliseum. I can actively earn treasure by exalting and I always have the chance of a rare drop. It's fun, and even if you don't get any good loot at the end of the day you can also hoardsell any loot and get like 500kt.

I'm more of a "10 really good G1s" type of player, but mostly because I sold all my old dragons during episodes. But I've learned my lesson, I'll yeet any dragon that was difficult to get into my hibden. The addition of the hibden was probably one of the best. But yeah I just like the site. I gave away my battle pet on Subeta and now I have zero fun on that website. Somehow I found a low battle pet in the auction house, but getting one pet to max stats over there is no fun. On Flight Rising that's like two days of grinding at most. I spoke about actively earning earlier, but you also earn passively through dailies. Even on bad days I can further my familiar relationship with a handful of them. I can gather items and get a couple of eggs if I'm persistent enough. And as time passes, my items will become more expensive.

Also other people's dragons are really pretty, I lack that fashion sense on dragons.
ytkEBod.pngJkqGYr7.pngvZmPWxA.pnga129Nss.pngAQPJNOh.png5hF3FGk.png
I've been here so long that it's weird not to go here. I like my dragons and the quirky personality in the art. I like the community. I like almost all of the updates. It doesn't take up much time. I have a couple of projects.

Mostly I like that with this game you get what you put into it. You do a community project, you get a cool project. You grind in coli, you get items. You buy genes, you get pretty dragons. You make art, you have many different ways to share and sell your art.

And I especially like that this site really is friendly for all backgrounds and ages, and it's constantly working to be better.
I've been here so long that it's weird not to go here. I like my dragons and the quirky personality in the art. I like the community. I like almost all of the updates. It doesn't take up much time. I have a couple of projects.

Mostly I like that with this game you get what you put into it. You do a community project, you get a cool project. You grind in coli, you get items. You buy genes, you get pretty dragons. You make art, you have many different ways to share and sell your art.

And I especially like that this site really is friendly for all backgrounds and ages, and it's constantly working to be better.
LxbWmll.png
this and music is the only way i can get through some of my classes (also there's nothing really too interesting on my phone other than spotify and wordscapes)
this and music is the only way i can get through some of my classes (also there's nothing really too interesting on my phone other than spotify and wordscapes)
wishlist
he/kit
xenogender
trans
transmasc

arospec
rosboy
gay
ace

catgender
Adorable Arcane Hatchery! you should listen to them... NOW!!! Coatl Swirls! semi-verbal
autistic
bird dad
please ping!!!
FR+2
[quote name="Myrgorph" date="2024-05-08 11:25:37" ] dragon pretty Flight Rising has been my social media replacement for a while, and I don't plan on stopping anytime soon. Also, I decided to revamp my lair, write actual lore (soon...), and probably start role-playing once things are finished, so I have a LOT to look forward to. [/quote] I've honestly been easing off using other socials for a while now and easing back into being more active here again. It's actually been really nice ;w; I'll try to check in on your lair and lore in a while and see how you're going with it! Its really really fun making pretty dragon bios !!! goodluck!!!
Myrgorph wrote on 2024-05-08 11:25:37:
dragon pretty

Flight Rising has been my social media replacement for a while, and I don't plan on stopping anytime soon. Also, I decided to revamp my lair, write actual lore (soon...), and probably start role-playing once things are finished, so I have a LOT to look forward to.

I've honestly been easing off using other socials for a while now and easing back into being more active here again. It's actually been really nice ;w; I'll try to check in on your lair and lore in a while and see how you're going with it! Its really really fun making pretty dragon bios !!! goodluck!!!
xxxxxxxtumblr_inline_p81uu7fh7C1tsrqpm_75sq.gifAO6x9Go.giftumblr_inline_p81uu7fh7C1tsrqpm_75sq.gif
tumblr_inline_p81uu7fh7C1tsrqpm_75sq.gifAO6x9Go.giftumblr_inline_p81uu7fh7C1tsrqpm_75sq.gif
FRFlightPrideBannerArcane_zps17329871.png
[quote name="Al3s1s" date="2024-05-08 11:53:54" ] I love the dragon art! Like yes I can just scry all possible color combos and genes for dream dragons and dress them in dressing room to save the image but I love the breeds dragon art. I also have breeding projects I want to have in my lair so the wait time in between breeding plus the tons of gene projects and accumulating the treasures to finish them makes me love the game even more. Hatching dragons for special dates is also something I do. Right now I am currently working on fandragons of a show called Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V. While some are placeholders I wait to find a candidate that matches the hair color of the characters before scrying them in scrying workshop. I am proud of past me for dedicating a lot of treasures into the Lair, unlocking all lair slots (and den slots [currently saving for the next gene purchase from the recently new den tasks]) Like those things are permanent and I rarely complain about lair space anymore as I have enough (including some fodder). I also save some treasures and gems on the side each day and currently have a number goal of treasures I can earn. I rarely share dragons these days but looking at some in my lair and remembering the memories and artists working hard to develop a theme for Dominance almost every week of the year is fun. I also love gathering and you only get 15 turns a day (10 without bonus) and have a lot of things in my hoard. I love this game for all it has brought me these past years. [/quote] So many wonderful reasons! You're so thoughtful and creative I love that so much. I also happen to love yugioh!! i got into it like 13 years ago when the Abridged series was poppin off the hardest. Learned to play it and everything! Feel free to send me a message, i'd love to see what dragons you breed for that! Thank you for such a cool reply on this thread! Have a great day!
Al3s1s wrote on 2024-05-08 11:53:54:
I love the dragon art! Like yes I can just scry all possible color combos and genes for dream dragons and dress them in dressing room to save the image but I love the breeds dragon art.

I also have breeding projects I want to have in my lair so the wait time in between breeding plus the tons of gene projects and accumulating the treasures to finish them makes me love the game even more.

Hatching dragons for special dates is also something I do. Right now I am currently working on fandragons of a show called Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V. While some are placeholders I wait to find a candidate that matches the hair color of the characters before scrying them in scrying workshop.

I am proud of past me for dedicating a lot of treasures into the Lair, unlocking all lair slots (and den slots [currently saving for the next gene purchase from the recently new den tasks]) Like those things are permanent and I rarely complain about lair space anymore as I have enough (including some fodder).

I also save some treasures and gems on the side each day and currently have a number goal of treasures I can earn.

I rarely share dragons these days but looking at some in my lair and remembering the memories and artists working hard to develop a theme for Dominance almost every week of the year is fun. I also love gathering and you only get 15 turns a day (10 without bonus) and have a lot of things in my hoard.

I love this game for all it has brought me these past years.

So many wonderful reasons! You're so thoughtful and creative I love that so much. I also happen to love yugioh!! i got into it like 13 years ago when the Abridged series was poppin off the hardest. Learned to play it and everything! Feel free to send me a message, i'd love to see what dragons you breed for that!

Thank you for such a cool reply on this thread! Have a great day!
xxxxxxxtumblr_inline_p81uu7fh7C1tsrqpm_75sq.gifAO6x9Go.giftumblr_inline_p81uu7fh7C1tsrqpm_75sq.gif
tumblr_inline_p81uu7fh7C1tsrqpm_75sq.gifAO6x9Go.giftumblr_inline_p81uu7fh7C1tsrqpm_75sq.gif
I have a lot of fun participating in my flight's Dominance pushes, as we have quite an enjoyable community surrounding it. I'm considering making an effort to participate during everyone else's pushes as well, but it's not a particularly high priority right now. My absolute favorite part of doing so would be getting to collect badges, however. I love pixels

I think my next motivator is acquiring enough treasure each month to get one copy of every fest skin and a joxbox. Fairly doable with g&g and exalting on my own time!

However, I my current largest occupier of attention is admittedly not even on site. It's updating Flight Rising's fandom dot com wiki... (whyyyyy was there an autolink) I would kill it at a data entry job Currently I focus on creating pages we don't yet have, with a major focus on Ancient Genes... only Aberration and Aether genes are currently up to date but I'm almost done with Auraboa genes... I also veer off path with any completely fresh content to get those pages sorted so we don't fall further behind! It's all completely voluntary and for fun, with no sorts of deadlines or anything, but I've found a lot of joy in engaging with Flight Rising like this.
I have a lot of fun participating in my flight's Dominance pushes, as we have quite an enjoyable community surrounding it. I'm considering making an effort to participate during everyone else's pushes as well, but it's not a particularly high priority right now. My absolute favorite part of doing so would be getting to collect badges, however. I love pixels

I think my next motivator is acquiring enough treasure each month to get one copy of every fest skin and a joxbox. Fairly doable with g&g and exalting on my own time!

However, I my current largest occupier of attention is admittedly not even on site. It's updating Flight Rising's fandom dot com wiki... (whyyyyy was there an autolink) I would kill it at a data entry job Currently I focus on creating pages we don't yet have, with a major focus on Ancient Genes... only Aberration and Aether genes are currently up to date but I'm almost done with Auraboa genes... I also veer off path with any completely fresh content to get those pages sorted so we don't fall further behind! It's all completely voluntary and for fun, with no sorts of deadlines or anything, but I've found a lot of joy in engaging with Flight Rising like this.
Wyrmwound Writers’ Guild - Weekly Writing Prompts Hellwell’s Heralds - weekly lvl 25 raffle
Birds or Avi
they/them
Pladge - Plague’s Badge FundraiserFest Frenzy
[quote name="birdbeetv" date="2024-05-10 12:37:01" ] I have a lot of fun participating in my flight's Dominance pushes, as we have quite an enjoyable community surrounding it. I'm considering making an effort to participate during everyone else's pushes as well, but it's not a particularly high priority right now. My absolute favorite part of doing so would be getting to collect badges, however. I love pixels I think my next motivator is acquiring enough treasure each month to get one copy of every fest skin and a joxbox. Fairly doable with g&g and exalting on my own time! However, I my current largest occupier of attention is admittedly not even on site. It's updating Flight Rising's fandom dot com wiki... (whyyyyy was there an autolink) I would kill it at a data entry job Currently I focus on creating pages we don't yet have, with a major focus on Ancient Genes... only Aberration and Aether genes are currently up to date but I'm almost done with Auraboa genes... I also veer off path with any completely fresh content to get those pages sorted so we don't fall further behind! It's all completely voluntary and for fun, with no sorts of deadlines or anything, but I've found a lot of joy in engaging with Flight Rising like this. [/quote] I love how involved in the community you are!!! working on wikis is such a big time consuming hobby, mad respect!! thats literally so cool omg? what got you started on wiki writing?
birdbeetv wrote on 2024-05-10 12:37:01:

I love how involved in the community you are!!! working on wikis is such a big time consuming hobby, mad respect!! thats literally so cool omg? what got you started on wiki writing?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10