Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Block eye types
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
[quote name="Churrell" date="2024-05-08 11:01:53" ] [quote name="finnamony" date="2024-05-08 09:33:51" ] I agree that if these images are really that upsetting to you, you should seek out a therapist. This is coming from someone who has triggers that are common as well as some other niche ones. I may ask friends to not bring it up while I'm around, but I am not going to ask everyone online to go out of their way to never talk about the things that may upset me greatly, as that is a part of life. [/quote] A filter isn’t asking anyone to go out of their way/not talk about something/dictate someone else’s playstyle, a filter only affects the person using it I also think it’s belittling people’s triggers to say “just get therapy” when first off, you don’t know if they are, and second off, if it bothers them enough, they just wouldn’t use the site? Why not make the site more accessible to people who might otherwise turn away? I don’t see people saying “just get therapy” to people who don’t use the site because it triggers them, even though functionally what’s the difference between someone being triggered by it and wanting a filter or just turning away? Just the presence of such people on the site, probably not the amount of therapy gotten [/quote] I'm not saying "just get therapy" I am saying that if something bothers you that much, a filter isnt really going to help and you need help to figure out why it's bothering you and how to fix it And I actually agree that if this is such a big problem to players, then they just shouldn't play the game. Again, it is not everyone else's responsibility to put up filters or censors because someone gets upset over something.
Churrell wrote on 2024-05-08 11:01:53:
finnamony wrote on 2024-05-08 09:33:51:
I agree that if these images are really that upsetting to you, you should seek out a therapist.

This is coming from someone who has triggers that are common as well as some other niche ones. I may ask friends to not bring it up while I'm around, but I am not going to ask everyone online to go out of their way to never talk about the things that may upset me greatly, as that is a part of life.

A filter isn’t asking anyone to go out of their way/not talk about something/dictate someone else’s playstyle, a filter only affects the person using it

I also think it’s belittling people’s triggers to say “just get therapy” when first off, you don’t know if they are, and second off, if it bothers them enough, they just wouldn’t use the site? Why not make the site more accessible to people who might otherwise turn away? I don’t see people saying “just get therapy” to people who don’t use the site because it triggers them, even though functionally what’s the difference between someone being triggered by it and wanting a filter or just turning away? Just the presence of such people on the site, probably not the amount of therapy gotten
I'm not saying "just get therapy" I am saying that if something bothers you that much, a filter isnt really going to help and you need help to figure out why it's bothering you and how to fix it

And I actually agree that if this is such a big problem to players, then they just shouldn't play the game. Again, it is not everyone else's responsibility to put up filters or censors because someone gets upset over something.
9YmzAZz.png
6YtLZau.png
LRdLP2V.png
ACOZFAh.png
kE8PZoU.png
8732-DEFC-0882-405-A-A1-FC-A7-F406-FC25-B0.gifjt3PpxV.pngqo188r4.png
WKtl2lb.png
VjdktqS.png
FObX7rS.png
LardsEd.png
YMPbu9R.png
I wish I had the money to afford therapy because of an image on a petsite bothering me. Unfortunately, I don't, so a user-defined filter for images on the site in general would be more effective in making me more comfortable hatching plague nests.
I wish I had the money to afford therapy because of an image on a petsite bothering me. Unfortunately, I don't, so a user-defined filter for images on the site in general would be more effective in making me more comfortable hatching plague nests.
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
[quote name="finnamony" date="2024-05-08 11:33:16" ] [quote name="Churrell" date="2024-05-08 11:01:53" ] [quote name="finnamony" date="2024-05-08 09:33:51" ] I agree that if these images are really that upsetting to you, you should seek out a therapist. This is coming from someone who has triggers that are common as well as some other niche ones. I may ask friends to not bring it up while I'm around, but I am not going to ask everyone online to go out of their way to never talk about the things that may upset me greatly, as that is a part of life. [/quote] A filter isn’t asking anyone to go out of their way/not talk about something/dictate someone else’s playstyle, a filter only affects the person using it I also think it’s belittling people’s triggers to say “just get therapy” when first off, you don’t know if they are, and second off, if it bothers them enough, they just wouldn’t use the site? Why not make the site more accessible to people who might otherwise turn away? I don’t see people saying “just get therapy” to people who don’t use the site because it triggers them, even though functionally what’s the difference between someone being triggered by it and wanting a filter or just turning away? Just the presence of such people on the site, probably not the amount of therapy gotten [/quote] I'm not saying "just get therapy" I am saying that if something bothers you that much, a filter isnt really going to help and you need help to figure out why it's bothering you and how to fix it And I actually agree that if this is such a big problem to players, then they just shouldn't play the game. Again, it is not everyone else's responsibility to put up filters or censors because someone gets upset over something. [/quote] A long time ago (and for all I know it could be in this thread because it’s old I haven’t reread the whole thing) I saw someone say just READING the word “multi-gaze” bothered them. Yes, an image filter wouldn’t help someone like that, but I think, for the majority of people who are bothered by images on the site, it WOULD? It might not get anyone over their phobia, but it would at least help them enjoy Flight Rising. And just as an aside, a lot of the things people want to filter out of the site are, things you don’t often find in the real world? There’s no multi-gaze, and Shadow Primal would be a genuine problem to find in the real world. I think it’s a bit silly to act like people who are afraid of lots of eyes need to work on it, when that’s not something they’ll probably come across in the real world anyway (but even for the triggers that do exist in the real world, like bugs, I think people deserve to curate their Flight Rising experience) So this thread is specifically about eye types but there has been plenty of conversation about a site-spanning filter that can block any site asset, such as familiars and genes. I’m always in support of that. And it’s true that’s it’s not “everyone else’s responsibility to put up filters or censors,” it’s only the devs who have the power to make that happen. (And, with the user-curated filtration system I’m in favor of, staff wouldn’t even have to decide which items should be flagged in what way, because users could pick on their own). It wouldn’t affect anyone besides the person using it, after the initial work it would take to create (unless it’s a server load problem or something, but that’s another issue)
finnamony wrote on 2024-05-08 11:33:16:
Churrell wrote on 2024-05-08 11:01:53:
finnamony wrote on 2024-05-08 09:33:51:
I agree that if these images are really that upsetting to you, you should seek out a therapist.

This is coming from someone who has triggers that are common as well as some other niche ones. I may ask friends to not bring it up while I'm around, but I am not going to ask everyone online to go out of their way to never talk about the things that may upset me greatly, as that is a part of life.

A filter isn’t asking anyone to go out of their way/not talk about something/dictate someone else’s playstyle, a filter only affects the person using it

I also think it’s belittling people’s triggers to say “just get therapy” when first off, you don’t know if they are, and second off, if it bothers them enough, they just wouldn’t use the site? Why not make the site more accessible to people who might otherwise turn away? I don’t see people saying “just get therapy” to people who don’t use the site because it triggers them, even though functionally what’s the difference between someone being triggered by it and wanting a filter or just turning away? Just the presence of such people on the site, probably not the amount of therapy gotten
I'm not saying "just get therapy" I am saying that if something bothers you that much, a filter isnt really going to help and you need help to figure out why it's bothering you and how to fix it

And I actually agree that if this is such a big problem to players, then they just shouldn't play the game. Again, it is not everyone else's responsibility to put up filters or censors because someone gets upset over something.

A long time ago (and for all I know it could be in this thread because it’s old I haven’t reread the whole thing) I saw someone say just READING the word “multi-gaze” bothered them. Yes, an image filter wouldn’t help someone like that, but I think, for the majority of people who are bothered by images on the site, it WOULD? It might not get anyone over their phobia, but it would at least help them enjoy Flight Rising. And just as an aside, a lot of the things people want to filter out of the site are, things you don’t often find in the real world? There’s no multi-gaze, and Shadow Primal would be a genuine problem to find in the real world. I think it’s a bit silly to act like people who are afraid of lots of eyes need to work on it, when that’s not something they’ll probably come across in the real world anyway (but even for the triggers that do exist in the real world, like bugs, I think people deserve to curate their Flight Rising experience)

So this thread is specifically about eye types but there has been plenty of conversation about a site-spanning filter that can block any site asset, such as familiars and genes. I’m always in support of that. And it’s true that’s it’s not “everyone else’s responsibility to put up filters or censors,” it’s only the devs who have the power to make that happen. (And, with the user-curated filtration system I’m in favor of, staff wouldn’t even have to decide which items should be flagged in what way, because users could pick on their own). It wouldn’t affect anyone besides the person using it, after the initial work it would take to create (unless it’s a server load problem or something, but that’s another issue)

support! I think this type of accessibility feature is important to have, I've seen a lot of people mention that this would be helpful to varying degrees. It doesn't necessarily have to be complicated or difficult (and even if it were that would just be for the devs to figure out, the suggestion itself of filtering things is still good), so there aren't any good reasons to not support.. it doesn't affect anyone who doesn't want to use it, but could do a lot to make a lot of people have a more comfortable experience on the site or even allow them to interact with things that right now might be too triggering without filters.

And I think the comments of 'it's not other people's responsibility' are just nonsense, other players don't have to do anything, and I think implementing accessibility features and making the site a place people want to interact with actually is the devs' job. Like that's literally what they do, they implement content and features to improve people's experience with the site, and then people can support the site by buying gems and such in return. None of the forum suggestions are things people are saying the devs have to implement, they're suggestions for things that would improve people's experiences. So that's really not a relevant argument to not support a suggestion where plenty of people are saying their experiences on the site would be improved with it.
support! I think this type of accessibility feature is important to have, I've seen a lot of people mention that this would be helpful to varying degrees. It doesn't necessarily have to be complicated or difficult (and even if it were that would just be for the devs to figure out, the suggestion itself of filtering things is still good), so there aren't any good reasons to not support.. it doesn't affect anyone who doesn't want to use it, but could do a lot to make a lot of people have a more comfortable experience on the site or even allow them to interact with things that right now might be too triggering without filters.

And I think the comments of 'it's not other people's responsibility' are just nonsense, other players don't have to do anything, and I think implementing accessibility features and making the site a place people want to interact with actually is the devs' job. Like that's literally what they do, they implement content and features to improve people's experience with the site, and then people can support the site by buying gems and such in return. None of the forum suggestions are things people are saying the devs have to implement, they're suggestions for things that would improve people's experiences. So that's really not a relevant argument to not support a suggestion where plenty of people are saying their experiences on the site would be improved with it.
MyFQi8g.png
I can only support a block feature if the servers can handle it, because if they can't then
"it's not bothering anyone" won't really hold because if it affects the servers then yes, it will affect people, both who use and don't use it.

I'd rather not have a repeat of the first NOTN, or for those who signed up even earlier can tell you how badly the site would lag in its first year

I can only support a block feature if the servers can handle it, because if they can't then
"it's not bothering anyone" won't really hold because if it affects the servers then yes, it will affect people, both who use and don't use it.

I'd rather not have a repeat of the first NOTN, or for those who signed up even earlier can tell you how badly the site would lag in its first year

DVcXRyP.png
[quote name="Churrell" date="2024-05-08 12:09:32" ] A long time ago (and for all I know it could be in this thread because it’s old I haven’t reread the whole thing) I saw someone say just READING the word “multi-gaze” bothered them. Yes, an image filter wouldn’t help someone like that, but I think, for the majority of people who are bothered by images on the site, it WOULD? It might not get anyone over their phobia, but it would at least help them enjoy Flight Rising. And just as an aside, a lot of the things people want to filter out of the site are, things you don’t often find in the real world? There’s no multi-gaze, and Shadow Primal would be a genuine problem to find in the real world. I think it’s a bit silly to act like people who are afraid of lots of eyes need to work on it, when that’s not something they’ll probably come across in the real world anyway (but even for the triggers that do exist in the real world, like bugs, I think people deserve to curate their Flight Rising experience) So this thread is specifically about eye types but there has been plenty of conversation about a site-spanning filter that can block any site asset, such as familiars and genes. I’m always in support of that. And it’s true that’s it’s not “everyone else’s responsibility to put up filters or censors,” it’s only the devs who have the power to make that happen. (And, with the user-curated filtration system I’m in favor of, staff wouldn’t even have to decide which items should be flagged in what way, because users could pick on their own). It wouldn’t affect anyone besides the person using it, after the initial work it would take to create (unless it’s a server load problem or something, but that’s another issue) [/quote] Okay, then will people think about it when they see the filtered image? Wouldn't you then start thinking about it because it is filtered? And aren't the devs part of "everyone else" or are we now going under the assumption that they're not and they have to bend to the whims of others no matter the circumstance. And sure, a lot of stuff on this game aren't real, but sheltering yourself from every little thing does have real world impacts. I can understand that not many think about that, but you do not live in a world where you can just filter out everything you don't want to see, and doing that online will make you more attached to it.
Churrell wrote on 2024-05-08 12:09:32:

A long time ago (and for all I know it could be in this thread because it’s old I haven’t reread the whole thing) I saw someone say just READING the word “multi-gaze” bothered them. Yes, an image filter wouldn’t help someone like that, but I think, for the majority of people who are bothered by images on the site, it WOULD? It might not get anyone over their phobia, but it would at least help them enjoy Flight Rising. And just as an aside, a lot of the things people want to filter out of the site are, things you don’t often find in the real world? There’s no multi-gaze, and Shadow Primal would be a genuine problem to find in the real world. I think it’s a bit silly to act like people who are afraid of lots of eyes need to work on it, when that’s not something they’ll probably come across in the real world anyway (but even for the triggers that do exist in the real world, like bugs, I think people deserve to curate their Flight Rising experience)

So this thread is specifically about eye types but there has been plenty of conversation about a site-spanning filter that can block any site asset, such as familiars and genes. I’m always in support of that. And it’s true that’s it’s not “everyone else’s responsibility to put up filters or censors,” it’s only the devs who have the power to make that happen. (And, with the user-curated filtration system I’m in favor of, staff wouldn’t even have to decide which items should be flagged in what way, because users could pick on their own). It wouldn’t affect anyone besides the person using it, after the initial work it would take to create (unless it’s a server load problem or something, but that’s another issue)
Okay, then will people think about it when they see the filtered image? Wouldn't you then start thinking about it because it is filtered?

And aren't the devs part of "everyone else" or are we now going under the assumption that they're not and they have to bend to the whims of others no matter the circumstance. And sure, a lot of stuff on this game aren't real, but sheltering yourself from every little thing does have real world impacts. I can understand that not many think about that, but you do not live in a world where you can just filter out everything you don't want to see, and doing that online will make you more attached to it.
9YmzAZz.png
6YtLZau.png
LRdLP2V.png
ACOZFAh.png
kE8PZoU.png
8732-DEFC-0882-405-A-A1-FC-A7-F406-FC25-B0.gifjt3PpxV.pngqo188r4.png
WKtl2lb.png
VjdktqS.png
FObX7rS.png
LardsEd.png
YMPbu9R.png
I don’t know enough about this game’s wiring under the hood to know how easy/hard the first suggestion would be to implement- but I think it’s a great idea!!
If not, it probably wouldn’t be hard to set up a sort of “blacklist” feature, where you can select a given eye type or color or gene you want to filter out, and it covers up dragons that hit the filter with a black box or something.
It wouldn’t be perfect, given skins and accents exist and are unpredictable, but a win for accessibility would be great!
I don’t know enough about this game’s wiring under the hood to know how easy/hard the first suggestion would be to implement- but I think it’s a great idea!!
If not, it probably wouldn’t be hard to set up a sort of “blacklist” feature, where you can select a given eye type or color or gene you want to filter out, and it covers up dragons that hit the filter with a black box or something.
It wouldn’t be perfect, given skins and accents exist and are unpredictable, but a win for accessibility would be great!
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Old Artblog
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Artfight
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Fandomstuck OCs
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Outdated Wishlist
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Fandragons
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Credit!
|
|
|
|
@ me with a zero
not an o!
[quote name="finnamony" date="2024-05-08 16:33:14" ] [quote name="Churrell" date="2024-05-08 12:09:32" ] A long time ago (and for all I know it could be in this thread because it’s old I haven’t reread the whole thing) I saw someone say just READING the word “multi-gaze” bothered them. Yes, an image filter wouldn’t help someone like that, but I think, for the majority of people who are bothered by images on the site, it WOULD? It might not get anyone over their phobia, but it would at least help them enjoy Flight Rising. And just as an aside, a lot of the things people want to filter out of the site are, things you don’t often find in the real world? There’s no multi-gaze, and Shadow Primal would be a genuine problem to find in the real world. I think it’s a bit silly to act like people who are afraid of lots of eyes need to work on it, when that’s not something they’ll probably come across in the real world anyway (but even for the triggers that do exist in the real world, like bugs, I think people deserve to curate their Flight Rising experience) So this thread is specifically about eye types but there has been plenty of conversation about a site-spanning filter that can block any site asset, such as familiars and genes. I’m always in support of that. And it’s true that’s it’s not “everyone else’s responsibility to put up filters or censors,” it’s only the devs who have the power to make that happen. (And, with the user-curated filtration system I’m in favor of, staff wouldn’t even have to decide which items should be flagged in what way, because users could pick on their own). It wouldn’t affect anyone besides the person using it, after the initial work it would take to create (unless it’s a server load problem or something, but that’s another issue) [/quote] Okay, then will people think about it when they see the filtered image? Wouldn't you then start thinking about it because it is filtered? And aren't the devs part of "everyone else" or are we now going under the assumption that they're not and they have to bend to the whims of others no matter the circumstance. And sure, a lot of stuff on this game aren't real, but sheltering yourself from every little thing does have real world impacts. I can understand that not many think about that, but you do not live in a world where you can just filter out everything you don't want to see, and doing that online will make you more attached to it. [/quote] As someone who has adblocked spider images, yes, I think about the spiders when I see those item names in my hoard/game database, but I can sort of force my own brain to 'blur' the images. I can 'replace' the spider with another image, one that is vague and doesn't affect me. Re: sheltering has real world impacts. I have to say people using this to back up their no support has always bothered me. Yes, someone might make their phobia worse by 'sheltering' themselves, but, unless you are a close friend or relative (or their therapist), it is not any of your business if they do. You are not my keeper. (just to note, the you is a general you, I am not talking directly at anyone) There are a great many things that people can do that can 'harm them' in the long run, such as drinking too much caffeine, as mentioned up thread, but, again, that is between them and their close friends/relatives, and/or various doctors. It isn't up to me to go up to a perfect stranger at a coffee shop and go 'you are drinking too much coffee, it is going to hurt you in the long run, so you shouldn't drink any more' I do, however, agree that this is something that could have an impact on site performance, and if it is judged too impactful, then it would be best to not have it. Barring that, if it isn't going to negatively impact site performance, then I don't really see a reason to NOT have it. Yes, it might take years to implement, no it won't be able to block user generated images (though it would be nice to have the ability to turn off signatures and maybe be able to block the [ img ] tag, so that it won't show up, along with a collapsible spoiler tag), but I am willing to wait, and I understand the second.
finnamony wrote on 2024-05-08 16:33:14:
Churrell wrote on 2024-05-08 12:09:32:

Okay, then will people think about it when they see the filtered image? Wouldn't you then start thinking about it because it is filtered?

And aren't the devs part of "everyone else" or are we now going under the assumption that they're not and they have to bend to the whims of others no matter the circumstance. And sure, a lot of stuff on this game aren't real, but sheltering yourself from every little thing does have real world impacts. I can understand that not many think about that, but you do not live in a world where you can just filter out everything you don't want to see, and doing that online will make you more attached to it.
As someone who has adblocked spider images, yes, I think about the spiders when I see those item names in my hoard/game database, but I can sort of force my own brain to 'blur' the images. I can 'replace' the spider with another image, one that is vague and doesn't affect me.

Re: sheltering has real world impacts. I have to say people using this to back up their no support has always bothered me. Yes, someone might make their phobia worse by 'sheltering' themselves, but, unless you are a close friend or relative (or their therapist), it is not any of your business if they do. You are not my keeper. (just to note, the you is a general you, I am not talking directly at anyone)

There are a great many things that people can do that can 'harm them' in the long run, such as drinking too much caffeine, as mentioned up thread, but, again, that is between them and their close friends/relatives, and/or various doctors. It isn't up to me to go up to a perfect stranger at a coffee shop and go 'you are drinking too much coffee, it is going to hurt you in the long run, so you shouldn't drink any more'

I do, however, agree that this is something that could have an impact on site performance, and if it is judged too impactful, then it would be best to not have it.

Barring that, if it isn't going to negatively impact site performance, then I don't really see a reason to NOT have it. Yes, it might take years to implement, no it won't be able to block user generated images (though it would be nice to have the ability to turn off signatures and maybe be able to block the [ img ] tag, so that it won't show up, along with a collapsible spoiler tag), but I am willing to wait, and I understand the second.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[quote name="finnamony" date="2024-05-08 16:33:14" ] snip Okay, then will people think about it when they see the filtered image? Wouldn't you then start thinking about it because it is filtered? And aren't the devs part of "everyone else" or are we now going under the assumption that they're not and they have to bend to the whims of others no matter the circumstance. And sure, a lot of stuff on this game aren't real, but sheltering yourself from every little thing does have real world impacts. I can understand that not many think about that, but you do not live in a world where you can just filter out everything you don't want to see, and doing that online will make you more attached to it. [/quote] you do realize that people with phobias and triggers that affect them in daily life.. are being constantly affected by those in real life too, right? you don't need to tell anyone that they can't filter out everything in real life because they already know and live through that. and yet, there are plenty of people asking for the filter on this site, because sometimes it's nice to have a safe space to not have to interact with that kind of stuff, not to mention people with less severe triggers and people who are just uncomfortable with certain things would also benefit and just get to be more comfortable on the site. refusing to add a filter is not going to help cure people's triggers or whatever you seem to think, it would just allow some people to not have to worry as much about that stuff, giving them more energy to deal with it when they inevitably can't block that stuff elsewhere. forcing people to interact with things that are triggering or uncomfortable to be around doesn't make those things any better for them. if people do want to work on their triggers by interacting with triggering content, they should do that on their own terms instead of being forced into it by just not having any other options, and they should have the decision of if they want to do that themselves. you cannot just forcibly give people exposure therapy, it's better to let people deal with their problems themselves by allowing the option to view or filter out potentially triggering images instead of just refusing a filter. also what about this suggestion is making the devs "bend to the whims of others no matter the circumstance". this is a suggestion for an accessibility improvement the devs could implement to improve players' experiences on the site, in the forums for suggestions to improve people's experiences on the site. accessibility features are a pretty normal thing for websites and games to have, filtering features are a normal thing to have. it's not like anyone is going to all of the other suggestion threads and saying they all shouldn't be done because the devs shouldn't be bending to our whims or whatever. why is that such a problem with this suggestion in particular
finnamony wrote on 2024-05-08 16:33:14:
snip

you do realize that people with phobias and triggers that affect them in daily life.. are being constantly affected by those in real life too, right? you don't need to tell anyone that they can't filter out everything in real life because they already know and live through that. and yet, there are plenty of people asking for the filter on this site, because sometimes it's nice to have a safe space to not have to interact with that kind of stuff, not to mention people with less severe triggers and people who are just uncomfortable with certain things would also benefit and just get to be more comfortable on the site. refusing to add a filter is not going to help cure people's triggers or whatever you seem to think, it would just allow some people to not have to worry as much about that stuff, giving them more energy to deal with it when they inevitably can't block that stuff elsewhere. forcing people to interact with things that are triggering or uncomfortable to be around doesn't make those things any better for them. if people do want to work on their triggers by interacting with triggering content, they should do that on their own terms instead of being forced into it by just not having any other options, and they should have the decision of if they want to do that themselves. you cannot just forcibly give people exposure therapy, it's better to let people deal with their problems themselves by allowing the option to view or filter out potentially triggering images instead of just refusing a filter.

also what about this suggestion is making the devs "bend to the whims of others no matter the circumstance". this is a suggestion for an accessibility improvement the devs could implement to improve players' experiences on the site, in the forums for suggestions to improve people's experiences on the site. accessibility features are a pretty normal thing for websites and games to have, filtering features are a normal thing to have. it's not like anyone is going to all of the other suggestion threads and saying they all shouldn't be done because the devs shouldn't be bending to our whims or whatever. why is that such a problem with this suggestion in particular
MyFQi8g.png
Just adding to the pile that there are also other reasons to filter images aside from phobias. These can include visual sensitivity to certain colors/patterns (for reasons like sensory processing disorder, visual impairments etc.) which do not necessarily have any kind of cure except trying to filter triggering content out. And filter systems like ones that have been asked would be user end and user controlled.

I wanted to add this friendly nod as someone who is visually impaired. I also have phobia based triggers, but many are simply caused by certain types of patterns that have very negative effects on how I am able to process images. I can deal with it without filters, but filters would certainly make it easier to handle sites such as these. These kinds of reasons are also why people are asking for dark modes.
Just adding to the pile that there are also other reasons to filter images aside from phobias. These can include visual sensitivity to certain colors/patterns (for reasons like sensory processing disorder, visual impairments etc.) which do not necessarily have any kind of cure except trying to filter triggering content out. And filter systems like ones that have been asked would be user end and user controlled.

I wanted to add this friendly nod as someone who is visually impaired. I also have phobia based triggers, but many are simply caused by certain types of patterns that have very negative effects on how I am able to process images. I can deal with it without filters, but filters would certainly make it easier to handle sites such as these. These kinds of reasons are also why people are asking for dark modes.
rI2B9a8.png
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11