Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Why... [database]
1 2 3
QoL, really. Being able to search by rarity and color both give me the ability to limit how many items I get barraged by when I search for apparel. Rarity in the database is nice to limit to fest and gem items, or to, again, limit the search so I can take it in chunks. Color allows me to focus on a range of colors by going through that part of the list color by color, allowing me to "brute force" the color of apparel I need to appear. Different colors have different amounts of pages to go through, though, so I usually use the database "rarity" system to make it easier to digest in colors like obsidian or white.
QoL, really. Being able to search by rarity and color both give me the ability to limit how many items I get barraged by when I search for apparel. Rarity in the database is nice to limit to fest and gem items, or to, again, limit the search so I can take it in chunks. Color allows me to focus on a range of colors by going through that part of the list color by color, allowing me to "brute force" the color of apparel I need to appear. Different colors have different amounts of pages to go through, though, so I usually use the database "rarity" system to make it easier to digest in colors like obsidian or white.
FObX7rS.png
apUeZZ4.png
If you ping me, please remember to include capitals for each word or I won't get your ping! It's GaleGecko, not galegecko.
[quote name="@corndog" date="2024-05-07 13:58:05" ] [quote name="wnd" date="2024-05-07 13:51:00" ] I actually really like this feature. Makes making outfits a little bit easier (even though it’s not really that accurate) I’d be disappointed if they got rid of it. [/quote] actually, it's TOO accurate. nobody would argue that [item=red-winged owlcat] isn't red but it's so predominantly black and gray that the game database doesn't show ANY reds on its page. [/quote] but... if it's missing colors, wouldn't that make it inaccurate, like wnd said?
@corndog wrote on 2024-05-07 13:58:05:
wnd wrote on 2024-05-07 13:51:00:
I actually really like this feature. Makes making outfits a little bit easier (even though it’s not really that accurate)

I’d be disappointed if they got rid of it.
actually, it's TOO accurate. nobody would argue that Red-Winged Owlcat isn't red but it's so predominantly black and gray that the game database doesn't show ANY reds on its page.
but... if it's missing colors, wouldn't that make it inaccurate, like wnd said?
1RsBrUA.pngu0zgn1V.pngWFhlmNb.pngOVImhZU.pngBCSOpq7.png
it's really helpful actually. if i have a black dragon that i'm looking for white umas for, this is the only way to search umas by color. i use it when making outfits.
it's really helpful actually. if i have a black dragon that i'm looking for white umas for, this is the only way to search umas by color. i use it when making outfits.
g7boK5H.pngZ56llRE.pngnmpR0ff.png
Some nice people helped me find a skin for my random progen in a thread by using this feature, actually.

Because I didn't really know how to use it, but the people in the thread did, so they searched and found an UMA that was perfect for my random progen and... Lo and behold, I like my random progen now! Only took 6 scatters and a skin first to make me like him!

So I'd say it's a pretty great feature. I might still be scattering my progen now if it wasn't for it~
Some nice people helped me find a skin for my random progen in a thread by using this feature, actually.

Because I didn't really know how to use it, but the people in the thread did, so they searched and found an UMA that was perfect for my random progen and... Lo and behold, I like my random progen now! Only took 6 scatters and a skin first to make me like him!

So I'd say it's a pretty great feature. I might still be scattering my progen now if it wasn't for it~
Do you have too many excess hibden items? Join the Hibernal Den gifting thread and help less fortunate people out! And get helped out too in the process!
Clothing matching is the primary use I get out of it. Also useful for item moodboards.
Clothing matching is the primary use I get out of it. Also useful for item moodboards.
2afaf5c7a881f3ab7789c19cb50b27258701a37b.gifRisk - It/They - Please Ping2afaf5c7a881f3ab7789c19cb50b27258701a37b.gif

Hi welcome to chillis
The feature's really helpful for making outfits and finding items which fit a dragon's colors. I like to use it for finding items to put in dragon bios as decoration. It seems though whatever color picker is used goes for the overall hues and shading colors, and it often means that what color you want is skipped over for a muddier version of it in the database.
The feature's really helpful for making outfits and finding items which fit a dragon's colors. I like to use it for finding items to put in dragon bios as decoration. It seems though whatever color picker is used goes for the overall hues and shading colors, and it often means that what color you want is skipped over for a muddier version of it in the database.
25762.png frame-0-delay-0-1s-1.png
There's a surprising number of people on this site who don't realize they're partially colorblind, who haven't calibrated their monitors/devices or who have forgotten they use filters in their display preferences. Color vision deficiency is surprisingly wide-spread. There's also social/cultural aspects to naming colors as well which can lead to arguments regarding "what color is this and why I think the Game Database/color wheel is wrong."

Conveniently there are 4,800 users online. If half are male that gives us 288 men and 12 women who are looking at the site who are some form of colorblind right now.

I primarily use if for skins and to answer questions in Help--generally helping people look for skins/apparel/familiars.
There's a surprising number of people on this site who don't realize they're partially colorblind, who haven't calibrated their monitors/devices or who have forgotten they use filters in their display preferences. Color vision deficiency is surprisingly wide-spread. There's also social/cultural aspects to naming colors as well which can lead to arguments regarding "what color is this and why I think the Game Database/color wheel is wrong."

Conveniently there are 4,800 users online. If half are male that gives us 288 men and 12 women who are looking at the site who are some form of colorblind right now.

I primarily use if for skins and to answer questions in Help--generally helping people look for skins/apparel/familiars.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
[quote name="Frame" date="2024-05-07 14:29:50" ] I find item images to put in dragon bios by the color sort! [/quote] Yes!!
Frame wrote on 2024-05-07 14:29:50:
I find item images to put in dragon bios by the color sort!
Yes!!
YMPbu9R.png
JupheON.png IrmwTXC.png
I definitely thought this when I first saw the feature, too!!

Then I went into the dressing room for the first time in many many years and used the “colour” feature to find a whole bunch of apparel I didn’t even know about the existence of, in order to dress up my avatar dragon.

I bet it’s also really helpful for finding item tooltips to display in dragon profiles;
Or for finding matching familiars for dragons if you want to buy something brand new, too!

So yeah; I thought it was dumb at first, then it really grew on me.
I definitely thought this when I first saw the feature, too!!

Then I went into the dressing room for the first time in many many years and used the “colour” feature to find a whole bunch of apparel I didn’t even know about the existence of, in order to dress up my avatar dragon.

I bet it’s also really helpful for finding item tooltips to display in dragon profiles;
Or for finding matching familiars for dragons if you want to buy something brand new, too!

So yeah; I thought it was dumb at first, then it really grew on me.
22392.png 35896.png 22393.png
I use this feature a lot while making outfits in the Wardrobe to find apparels that suits the dragon's colours! Also really useful to find skins and accents in the colour range you're looking for, saves you a lot of time!
I use this feature a lot while making outfits in the Wardrobe to find apparels that suits the dragon's colours! Also really useful to find skins and accents in the colour range you're looking for, saves you a lot of time!
57ccb012789b1c99cec88f2441a279cdd872a13f.pngwe_rode_on_the_winds_of_the_rising_storm_by_c_yang-d68stu4.gif dsiNAWk.png
1 2 3