Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | coli boss rates?
Does anyone know what the rate of getting a boss in the coliseum is? What are the chances? Is it like, one guaranteed one every couple battles or something? Because I’ve been getting weird luck lately. For example, less than ten minutes ago, I was in the Arena and I got three bosses back to back. Three. Two Undying Featherbacks and one Featherback Boar (I think that’s the name). Same thing happened with me yesterday in Blooming Grove with the Pohips.

And another time, I was in Waterway, got hit with a Ghostly Rat Lord at some point and so I started counting. Within seven battles I got a boss 3-4 times with one normal battle in between. Given how fast I was running through them, I think it only took 3 or so minutes? It was weird.

I also seem to get bosses on my first battle a lot? One time I just opened Forbidden Portal and immediately was faced with one. This has happened multiple times. So uh… maybe it’s just good luck? Who knows? As long as they drop familiars, I don’t mind lol

(waterway. i am begging you. just one rat king. please)
Does anyone know what the rate of getting a boss in the coliseum is? What are the chances? Is it like, one guaranteed one every couple battles or something? Because I’ve been getting weird luck lately. For example, less than ten minutes ago, I was in the Arena and I got three bosses back to back. Three. Two Undying Featherbacks and one Featherback Boar (I think that’s the name). Same thing happened with me yesterday in Blooming Grove with the Pohips.

And another time, I was in Waterway, got hit with a Ghostly Rat Lord at some point and so I started counting. Within seven battles I got a boss 3-4 times with one normal battle in between. Given how fast I was running through them, I think it only took 3 or so minutes? It was weird.

I also seem to get bosses on my first battle a lot? One time I just opened Forbidden Portal and immediately was faced with one. This has happened multiple times. So uh… maybe it’s just good luck? Who knows? As long as they drop familiars, I don’t mind lol

(waterway. i am begging you. just one rat king. please)
item_pulsating_pendant_by_dogi_crimson-dab14jb.gif hello, I’m FINALHUNT
NeRpUiA.pngNQ1Ze0S.png
rUoKR6y.png
Just incredible luck.

A few days ago I got very unlucky and fought in the Harpy's Roost for 40 minutes until I saw my first Roc! With 3 level 25 Eliminate dragons. That was way over 50 fights without seeing a boss. I just wanted to get ONE of their food drops to finish my x99 stack.

No idea what the exact rates are, experts please gather! I would be interested in the numbers as well.
Just incredible luck.

A few days ago I got very unlucky and fought in the Harpy's Roost for 40 minutes until I saw my first Roc! With 3 level 25 Eliminate dragons. That was way over 50 fights without seeing a boss. I just wanted to get ONE of their food drops to finish my x99 stack.

No idea what the exact rates are, experts please gather! I would be interested in the numbers as well.
I'm going to reiterate my observation on statistics: humans are really bad at them.

Per the devs all familiars have a less than 1% chance to drop per encounter. According to the Coliseum Encounter Project bosses generally have an average encounter rate of a bit under 1% each.

Together that "feels" like bosses should be rare and boss drops are even rarer.

Realistically that winds up being around a boss encounter on average every 10 minutes or less in venues that have them if you've got a trio of 133 STR grinders.

Still feels low? Consider the math behind figuring out whether or not a coin is fair. Or not.

Skipping down to some conclusions you'd need to flip that coin 10,000 times to be 95.45% confident that it was no more than 1% off in either direction for something at a 50% chance of either outcome.

What you have is a very, very small sample size. It's only in statistically relevant samples that you can see the distribution of encounters and boss drops.
I'm going to reiterate my observation on statistics: humans are really bad at them.

Per the devs all familiars have a less than 1% chance to drop per encounter. According to the Coliseum Encounter Project bosses generally have an average encounter rate of a bit under 1% each.

Together that "feels" like bosses should be rare and boss drops are even rarer.

Realistically that winds up being around a boss encounter on average every 10 minutes or less in venues that have them if you've got a trio of 133 STR grinders.

Still feels low? Consider the math behind figuring out whether or not a coin is fair. Or not.

Skipping down to some conclusions you'd need to flip that coin 10,000 times to be 95.45% confident that it was no more than 1% off in either direction for something at a 50% chance of either outcome.

What you have is a very, very small sample size. It's only in statistically relevant samples that you can see the distribution of encounters and boss drops.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
Man I need some luck; Im at 200 Roc encounters and neither have dropped for me lmao

From what I understand some bosses drop more than others like the Wartoads drop more than say the Beats from rainsong
Man I need some luck; Im at 200 Roc encounters and neither have dropped for me lmao

From what I understand some bosses drop more than others like the Wartoads drop more than say the Beats from rainsong
[quote name="Bowsham" date="2024-05-07 08:41:17" ] From what I understand some bosses drop more than others like the Wartoads drop more than say the Beats from rainsong [/quote] I don't think they do - it's just that way more people battle in the Mire than anywhere else, so there are more wartoads on the site.
Bowsham wrote on 2024-05-07 08:41:17:

I don't think they do - it's just that way more people battle in the Mire than anywhere else, so there are more wartoads on the site.
[quote name="Wildthyme" date="2024-05-07 11:04:25" ] [quote name="Bowsham" date="2024-05-07 08:41:17" ] From what I understand some bosses drop more than others like the Wartoads drop more than say the Beats from rainsong [/quote] I don't think they do - it's just that way more people battle in the Mire than anywhere else, so there are more wartoads on the site. [/quote] you're both right! the rainsong bosses have a "rare" drop rate, wartoads are just "scarce" which is higher. iirc its the coarsefur yeti thats the rarest, followed by rainsong bosses, and then everyone else is more or less equal drop rarity? so apart from that, the number of a boss familiar on site is just a result of how much people are grinding in a given venue (pls correct me if there are other rare-rate boss fams out there) EDIT: RIGHT RIGHT the borer and delver are also rare (thank you @/Vendrus for getting my back)
Wildthyme wrote on 2024-05-07 11:04:25:
Bowsham wrote on 2024-05-07 08:41:17:

I don't think they do - it's just that way more people battle in the Mire than anywhere else, so there are more wartoads on the site.
you're both right! the rainsong bosses have a "rare" drop rate, wartoads are just "scarce" which is higher. iirc its the coarsefur yeti thats the rarest, followed by rainsong bosses, and then everyone else is more or less equal drop rarity? so apart from that, the number of a boss familiar on site is just a result of how much people are grinding in a given venue

(pls correct me if there are other rare-rate boss fams out there)

EDIT: RIGHT RIGHT the borer and delver are also rare (thank you @/Vendrus for getting my back)
KHUgIpL.gif sMnKARY.png fK5z2eq.gif
@RheoTastic
Golem Workshop!
@RheoTastic
Golem Workshop!
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png