Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 1x1 with Smolderingflame- Case Closed.
1 2 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Soren nodded his understanding.
"That makes sense. I was merely looking to implement it in my own home as a defensive measure of sorts." He smiled a little, executing a near perfect bow from the waist. "I will send you details about what the brownies find, assuming they will tell me. Stubborn lot... though I do thank you for leading me out. I hope the conflict down below is resolved."
Soren nodded his understanding.
"That makes sense. I was merely looking to implement it in my own home as a defensive measure of sorts." He smiled a little, executing a near perfect bow from the waist. "I will send you details about what the brownies find, assuming they will tell me. Stubborn lot... though I do thank you for leading me out. I hope the conflict down below is resolved."
+1 FR timeplaguebringer.png8ZwIo.gifC93qP.gifvjhnv.gifQzuMc.gif
Iris nodded her thanks, smiling at his fancy manners. "I appreciate it, and as ever, you help. And I'm sorry that I cannot tell you how it works." The adrenaline that had come with the fear, having Soren Underground, was wearing off, and the exhaustion was crashing over her in waves. "I should get back, deal with whatever caused that blood you smelled. I'll let you know if it's anything pertinent." She turned, and headed back down into her Court, leaving Soren to deal with his brownies.
Iris nodded her thanks, smiling at his fancy manners. "I appreciate it, and as ever, you help. And I'm sorry that I cannot tell you how it works." The adrenaline that had come with the fear, having Soren Underground, was wearing off, and the exhaustion was crashing over her in waves. "I should get back, deal with whatever caused that blood you smelled. I'll let you know if it's anything pertinent." She turned, and headed back down into her Court, leaving Soren to deal with his brownies.
"Get some rest too, Iris." Soren called to her. Then he turned without another word and walked away, back to the station. He would likely need to get Rain to find the brownies... she seemed to be the only one they ever answered to.
"Get some rest too, Iris." Soren called to her. Then he turned without another word and walked away, back to the station. He would likely need to get Rain to find the brownies... she seemed to be the only one they ever answered to.
The minute the door closed, Iris wilted, eyes closed, hand dragging over her face. And then, with a deep sigh, she pulled herself together. People said that with great power came great responsibility... that was true, but it really did fail to encompass how much sleep that responsibility cost. And energy. Sanity, maybe? All the basic life function things, really. She blinked a few times to get her exhausted eyes to focus, and did as she had said- dealing with the blood. Someone had probably just tripped or gotten into a minor altercation, but she had said she would deal with it, and lying was not within her abilities. She sent for a Watcher mist screen, and soon had a visual on the situation.

Someone had not just tripped.

Ripped was the term Iris would be using to describe what she saw, later.

Not again She thought, almost prayed. Not that it would do any good right now, but even Iris had her moments. Another Splinter case, and this time, in her own halls. This was arguably the worst option that could have occurred, because she could under no circumstances let Soren back Underground, but had also sworn to let him know if the issue was pertinent, and of course, this was the epitome of that word. She cursed silently, and chewed on her lip, trying to think. Why here? And why in all the world did it have to be right now?
The minute the door closed, Iris wilted, eyes closed, hand dragging over her face. And then, with a deep sigh, she pulled herself together. People said that with great power came great responsibility... that was true, but it really did fail to encompass how much sleep that responsibility cost. And energy. Sanity, maybe? All the basic life function things, really. She blinked a few times to get her exhausted eyes to focus, and did as she had said- dealing with the blood. Someone had probably just tripped or gotten into a minor altercation, but she had said she would deal with it, and lying was not within her abilities. She sent for a Watcher mist screen, and soon had a visual on the situation.

Someone had not just tripped.

Ripped was the term Iris would be using to describe what she saw, later.

Not again She thought, almost prayed. Not that it would do any good right now, but even Iris had her moments. Another Splinter case, and this time, in her own halls. This was arguably the worst option that could have occurred, because she could under no circumstances let Soren back Underground, but had also sworn to let him know if the issue was pertinent, and of course, this was the epitome of that word. She cursed silently, and chewed on her lip, trying to think. Why here? And why in all the world did it have to be right now?
(Not at all what I expected it to lead to, but I love it!)
(Also, Soren is a sleep-deprived one as well. This man doesn't sleep anymore, even if he tries to. Nightmares~)

Soren pushed open the door and entered the lobby. It was eerily silent. Rain was not at her usual post at the front desk... but she might've been in the break room.
He didn't think too much of it until the smell hit him, and his red eyes widened. The detective dashed over to the desk, nearly treading on a brownie that ran past him, dread settling in the pit of his stomach like a stone. It was too dark to see much, but he knew exactly what had happened. Quietly, his voice and hands shaking, he muttered a spell to make a small ball of red fire to rest in his hands. The crimson light revealed a body - but not just any body. It was the naiad Rain. Brownies swarmed about, trying their best to put the pieces of her body back together, but it was clear that her soul had been Splintered. Her heart had been hacked from her delicate body, and nearly every part of her was mutilated beyond recognition. The only way he could tell was her scent, and the stench of her blood that filled the room and his head.
Soren took a couple of steps back, breathing hard. Memories flashed through his head of his parents bodies, almost as though he were seeing them here, now, in the station beside what was left of Rain. A silent tear trickled down his face, and he knew there would be more. Whoever was Splintering people had taken the another of the few people he truly cared deeply for. Rain had been like his sister, and always by his side when he was having a difficult time. Unless he sent her away, of course...
(Not at all what I expected it to lead to, but I love it!)
(Also, Soren is a sleep-deprived one as well. This man doesn't sleep anymore, even if he tries to. Nightmares~)

Soren pushed open the door and entered the lobby. It was eerily silent. Rain was not at her usual post at the front desk... but she might've been in the break room.
He didn't think too much of it until the smell hit him, and his red eyes widened. The detective dashed over to the desk, nearly treading on a brownie that ran past him, dread settling in the pit of his stomach like a stone. It was too dark to see much, but he knew exactly what had happened. Quietly, his voice and hands shaking, he muttered a spell to make a small ball of red fire to rest in his hands. The crimson light revealed a body - but not just any body. It was the naiad Rain. Brownies swarmed about, trying their best to put the pieces of her body back together, but it was clear that her soul had been Splintered. Her heart had been hacked from her delicate body, and nearly every part of her was mutilated beyond recognition. The only way he could tell was her scent, and the stench of her blood that filled the room and his head.
Soren took a couple of steps back, breathing hard. Memories flashed through his head of his parents bodies, almost as though he were seeing them here, now, in the station beside what was left of Rain. A silent tear trickled down his face, and he knew there would be more. Whoever was Splintering people had taken the another of the few people he truly cared deeply for. Rain had been like his sister, and always by his side when he was having a difficult time. Unless he sent her away, of course...
(I have literally no idea where it's going, where were you setting it up for?? And aw poor baby what a mood.)

Iris commanded (Really demanded, at this point) a quarantine of the area, and then simply paced. And paced. There was a solution, because there was always a solution. Maybe not the right one, maybe not a complete one, but she had never found a situation yet where there was genuinely no such thing as choice. Right now, it looked like that choice was to find someone to identify this being. She asked the watchers to sort out any possible options, and to send her any potential leads. Then, she locked down the court. It wasn't something done lightly, maybe once every several centuries, but there wasn't another option. She would be the one and only person in or out until it was lifted- no emergency, separation, or asset stuck outside would be enough to lift it until this was solved. She slipped out as her watchers and enforcers got to work, to fulfill her promise. She didn't have to let him back Underground, right? Technically?
(I have literally no idea where it's going, where were you setting it up for?? And aw poor baby what a mood.)

Iris commanded (Really demanded, at this point) a quarantine of the area, and then simply paced. And paced. There was a solution, because there was always a solution. Maybe not the right one, maybe not a complete one, but she had never found a situation yet where there was genuinely no such thing as choice. Right now, it looked like that choice was to find someone to identify this being. She asked the watchers to sort out any possible options, and to send her any potential leads. Then, she locked down the court. It wasn't something done lightly, maybe once every several centuries, but there wasn't another option. She would be the one and only person in or out until it was lifted- no emergency, separation, or asset stuck outside would be enough to lift it until this was solved. She slipped out as her watchers and enforcers got to work, to fulfill her promise. She didn't have to let him back Underground, right? Technically?
(Initially setting it up for just a little something, nothing major, but I love this way better. Though I did and still do love Rain. :’)

Soren closed his eyes, kneeling down as he tried to stifle the near silent sobs that threatened to burst out. The detective remained there for some time… it was nearly an hour before he had himself somewhat back in control of his feelings. Gently, gingerly, he used two fingers to close her wide open blue eyes, the fear on what remained of her face frozen in death.
“I will find them, Rain. They will come to justice at my claws and the law, I swear it..” He whispered softly.
Soren started slightly as a tiny hand patted his left knee, and his red eyes flicked downwards to see the leader of the brownies standing there, reaching up in an attempt at a consoling gesture. Soren managed a tiny smile down at him, and the brownie smiled back, a determined gleam in his beady black eyes. His clan had picked up some interesting information in the building they had been tasked with infiltrating. He had been in the process of relaying it to Rain when the lights went out and the naiad was attacked. He hadn’t seen the guilty party, but now this was personal and by all that was cooked by Rain and delicious, and his tools, he wanted to get back at whomever had killed her.
(Initially setting it up for just a little something, nothing major, but I love this way better. Though I did and still do love Rain. :’)

Soren closed his eyes, kneeling down as he tried to stifle the near silent sobs that threatened to burst out. The detective remained there for some time… it was nearly an hour before he had himself somewhat back in control of his feelings. Gently, gingerly, he used two fingers to close her wide open blue eyes, the fear on what remained of her face frozen in death.
“I will find them, Rain. They will come to justice at my claws and the law, I swear it..” He whispered softly.
Soren started slightly as a tiny hand patted his left knee, and his red eyes flicked downwards to see the leader of the brownies standing there, reaching up in an attempt at a consoling gesture. Soren managed a tiny smile down at him, and the brownie smiled back, a determined gleam in his beady black eyes. His clan had picked up some interesting information in the building they had been tasked with infiltrating. He had been in the process of relaying it to Rain when the lights went out and the naiad was attacked. He hadn’t seen the guilty party, but now this was personal and by all that was cooked by Rain and delicious, and his tools, he wanted to get back at whomever had killed her.
Iris arrived to find a station in chaos. Nobody was willing to bring her in, she had to send for Astaroth and spend ages waiting to get inside. Upon meeting, the mute demon relayed to her the current events, in broad enough strokes to fulfill both employers' preferences. Iris hissed in displeasure, flicking her face away and curling her lip to show one canine, the fae's less "human" aspects becoming more obvious in her frustration and fear. Fear- that was not something she felt often, and the last thing she wanted to be feeling now. As they approached, he motioned for her to stay put, and went in to let Soren know that Iris was here with the same emergency.
Iris arrived to find a station in chaos. Nobody was willing to bring her in, she had to send for Astaroth and spend ages waiting to get inside. Upon meeting, the mute demon relayed to her the current events, in broad enough strokes to fulfill both employers' preferences. Iris hissed in displeasure, flicking her face away and curling her lip to show one canine, the fae's less "human" aspects becoming more obvious in her frustration and fear. Fear- that was not something she felt often, and the last thing she wanted to be feeling now. As they approached, he motioned for her to stay put, and went in to let Soren know that Iris was here with the same emergency.
Soren was sitting at his desk, trying to make sense of what the brownies were telling him. They spoke so quickly and their voices were so quiet, he had to have them repeat themselves several times before he understood what they were saying.
He looked up as Astaroth entered, and the expression on the demon’s face bore grim news.
“What of the fae court, Astaroth?” Soren asked, and the demon began to silently sign his reply.
‘The Lady is here to see you. Trouble in the court, and another Splintering has occurred.’

Soren’s grip tightened on the edge of his desk - his knuckles couldn’t get any whiter, though they would have if it were possible, with how tightly he was gripping it. Then he let out a long sigh as he tried to calm down. Part of him was still practically seething with rage at what had been done to Rain - the part that had sought retribution through violence centuries ago for the murder of his parents. Eventually, he met Astaroth’s orange eyed stare with his own blood red one.
“Our list of allies grows thin… and even more so now that the killers may be among us. Invite Lady Deyanir in.. I have nothing here to hide, and she will want to know what our brownies have to say.”
Soren was sitting at his desk, trying to make sense of what the brownies were telling him. They spoke so quickly and their voices were so quiet, he had to have them repeat themselves several times before he understood what they were saying.
He looked up as Astaroth entered, and the expression on the demon’s face bore grim news.
“What of the fae court, Astaroth?” Soren asked, and the demon began to silently sign his reply.
‘The Lady is here to see you. Trouble in the court, and another Splintering has occurred.’

Soren’s grip tightened on the edge of his desk - his knuckles couldn’t get any whiter, though they would have if it were possible, with how tightly he was gripping it. Then he let out a long sigh as he tried to calm down. Part of him was still practically seething with rage at what had been done to Rain - the part that had sought retribution through violence centuries ago for the murder of his parents. Eventually, he met Astaroth’s orange eyed stare with his own blood red one.
“Our list of allies grows thin… and even more so now that the killers may be among us. Invite Lady Deyanir in.. I have nothing here to hide, and she will want to know what our brownies have to say.”
Astaroth exited the room, indicating to Iris that she was to enter. Iris, catching sight of the crowd of brownies, forced the exhaustion to fall from her face, and snapped into her public self.
"Detective," She greeted Soren. "I'm sorry that we seem to have yet another mutual problem. Additionally, my most sincere condolences on the death of Rain, I know how hard this must have hit you." She may have been using her formal wording, but it was honest, and heartfelt. She could feel his grief and horror, and bowed her head for a moment, in deference to the tragedy. "Would these happen to be the notorious brownies I've been so interested to meet?" She turned to look at the smaller beings, nodding her greeting and respect.
Astaroth exited the room, indicating to Iris that she was to enter. Iris, catching sight of the crowd of brownies, forced the exhaustion to fall from her face, and snapped into her public self.
"Detective," She greeted Soren. "I'm sorry that we seem to have yet another mutual problem. Additionally, my most sincere condolences on the death of Rain, I know how hard this must have hit you." She may have been using her formal wording, but it was honest, and heartfelt. She could feel his grief and horror, and bowed her head for a moment, in deference to the tragedy. "Would these happen to be the notorious brownies I've been so interested to meet?" She turned to look at the smaller beings, nodding her greeting and respect.
1 2 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33