Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 1x1 with Smolderingflame- Case Closed.
1 2 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 37 38
Iris hadn't even realized she had drawn blood, and quickly quit. "Apologies. I didn't realize." She was silent for a long while, thinking things through. "Alright. Plan. It would be better to try to track two splinters and to see if they lead to the same place, but I can't retrieve a body from my Court right now for you to try matching. We'll have to work with just Rain." She had to actively think about not performing her usual thinking habits so as not to set Soren off, and it was slowing her train of thought down. "Do you have reliable staff that you would trust with this case? There's Astaroth, of course, but aside from him."
Iris hadn't even realized she had drawn blood, and quickly quit. "Apologies. I didn't realize." She was silent for a long while, thinking things through. "Alright. Plan. It would be better to try to track two splinters and to see if they lead to the same place, but I can't retrieve a body from my Court right now for you to try matching. We'll have to work with just Rain." She had to actively think about not performing her usual thinking habits so as not to set Soren off, and it was slowing her train of thought down. "Do you have reliable staff that you would trust with this case? There's Astaroth, of course, but aside from him."
“I figured you had not realized you were chewing your lip. We all have our habits.” Soren paused to consider her question. “I must admit, I thought Astaroth was fully loyal, so now I do have my doubts… I will need to think on that. It would have to be someone I know and can be influenced by my aura to discourage possible dissent…” Soren sighed and ran a hand through his hair, fluffing it up briefly and making it stand out in odd directions at the top.
“The only one I can think of at the moment is not really part of the force, but she is family. But she is… wild. She is good at what she does - I have offered her a place of work here several times - but she does not like to be tied down.”
“I figured you had not realized you were chewing your lip. We all have our habits.” Soren paused to consider her question. “I must admit, I thought Astaroth was fully loyal, so now I do have my doubts… I will need to think on that. It would have to be someone I know and can be influenced by my aura to discourage possible dissent…” Soren sighed and ran a hand through his hair, fluffing it up briefly and making it stand out in odd directions at the top.
“The only one I can think of at the moment is not really part of the force, but she is family. But she is… wild. She is good at what she does - I have offered her a place of work here several times - but she does not like to be tied down.”
+1 FR timeplaguebringer.png8ZwIo.gifC93qP.gifvjhnv.gifQzuMc.gif
Iris shrugged, entirely unapologetic about Astaroth and not in a place to care what Soren's idea of possible personnel looked like at this point. "If she's what you have, then it will be good enough. Can she work with Taryn? She's one of the only ones I have to work with right now, and I don't know if the 'wild' combination will be a clash or a smash hit." She smirked a little at his messy hair, amused. "I don't want to find out wat happens if we try to track Rain's soul without additional backup."
Iris shrugged, entirely unapologetic about Astaroth and not in a place to care what Soren's idea of possible personnel looked like at this point. "If she's what you have, then it will be good enough. Can she work with Taryn? She's one of the only ones I have to work with right now, and I don't know if the 'wild' combination will be a clash or a smash hit." She smirked a little at his messy hair, amused. "I don't want to find out wat happens if we try to track Rain's soul without additional backup."
"She can likely work with Taryn, and she will try her best to do so if I ask it. She is a bit... odd. You will see when she comes, I just need to give her a call."
Soren pulled out a matchbox from a drawer in his desk and strode over to the small fireplace across from he had been sitting. He struck the match and for a brief moment the flame was a normal color. Then it darkened to a scarlet and Soren tossed it into the empty fireplace.
Scarlet flames erupted from where the match touched the stone bricks, and a few moments later the fire resolved into the shape of a young woman who looked to be in her mid-twenties. She was probably a few centuries younger than Soren. She was all one color due to the flames that formed a flickering image of her, but the family resemblance was there. Her horns were shorter than Soren's, but had a similar shape, and she only had two where he had four. She beamed up at Soren from where it appeared she was seated in a chair.
"Sor-sor! I was wondering when you'd call!" She said, her voice accented with the crackling of the flames. Soren, for his part, sighed upon hearing the nickname.
"Mariah, I have a problem, and it involves more than just my workforce-"
"Who's the pretty Fae lady? She your girlfriend? Why didn't you tell me you had a-"
"She is not my girlfriend, Mariah. Please shut up and let me finish."
The demon in the flames pouted slightly, but then nodded and stayed silent.
"Rain's soul was Splintered. She is not the first, nor will she be the last if you do not help. I need you and your soul tracking, and please, for the love of all that burns, do not arrive here with your anatomy all messed up. This is important."
"She can likely work with Taryn, and she will try her best to do so if I ask it. She is a bit... odd. You will see when she comes, I just need to give her a call."
Soren pulled out a matchbox from a drawer in his desk and strode over to the small fireplace across from he had been sitting. He struck the match and for a brief moment the flame was a normal color. Then it darkened to a scarlet and Soren tossed it into the empty fireplace.
Scarlet flames erupted from where the match touched the stone bricks, and a few moments later the fire resolved into the shape of a young woman who looked to be in her mid-twenties. She was probably a few centuries younger than Soren. She was all one color due to the flames that formed a flickering image of her, but the family resemblance was there. Her horns were shorter than Soren's, but had a similar shape, and she only had two where he had four. She beamed up at Soren from where it appeared she was seated in a chair.
"Sor-sor! I was wondering when you'd call!" She said, her voice accented with the crackling of the flames. Soren, for his part, sighed upon hearing the nickname.
"Mariah, I have a problem, and it involves more than just my workforce-"
"Who's the pretty Fae lady? She your girlfriend? Why didn't you tell me you had a-"
"She is not my girlfriend, Mariah. Please shut up and let me finish."
The demon in the flames pouted slightly, but then nodded and stayed silent.
"Rain's soul was Splintered. She is not the first, nor will she be the last if you do not help. I need you and your soul tracking, and please, for the love of all that burns, do not arrive here with your anatomy all messed up. This is important."
Iris couldn't help but laugh at his annoyance, waving a greeting to the demon in the fire from behind Soren. At the note about proper configuration, she arched one brow, almost afraid to ask what on earth Mariah was otherwise going to do. Flame as a method of communication was new as well, and she made a mental note to see about figuring something out in her Court after all this was over. As Soren wrapped up, she went to the other side of the room, to the window, to summon Taryn.
Iris couldn't help but laugh at his annoyance, waving a greeting to the demon in the fire from behind Soren. At the note about proper configuration, she arched one brow, almost afraid to ask what on earth Mariah was otherwise going to do. Flame as a method of communication was new as well, and she made a mental note to see about figuring something out in her Court after all this was over. As Soren wrapped up, she went to the other side of the room, to the window, to summon Taryn.
Mariah waved cheerfully to Iris, and then she fixed Soren with a steady gaze.
"I'll be there within the next half hour. Nobody messes with my family and gets away forever."
The flames vanished, taking the image of Soren's cousin with them, and the detective turned to Iris.
"I do apologize for her comments, Iris. As I said, she is a bit wild, and does not have much of a filter. She speaks her mind, regardless of who her words may hurt, annoy, flatter... Some days I wish I could just remove her head and hide it for a while to shut her up." A moment after he finished speaking, he realized what he had said and quickly attempted to explain.
"She can remove any part of her body at will and place it elsewhere on herself without any pain or anatomical discomfort. She can also survive without her head for a good several hours if she separates from it." He sighed. "And she loves to take advantage of it as well. If you let her, she will talk your ears off about all the horrific things she has done to herself for sheer pleasure and to scare others."
Mariah waved cheerfully to Iris, and then she fixed Soren with a steady gaze.
"I'll be there within the next half hour. Nobody messes with my family and gets away forever."
The flames vanished, taking the image of Soren's cousin with them, and the detective turned to Iris.
"I do apologize for her comments, Iris. As I said, she is a bit wild, and does not have much of a filter. She speaks her mind, regardless of who her words may hurt, annoy, flatter... Some days I wish I could just remove her head and hide it for a while to shut her up." A moment after he finished speaking, he realized what he had said and quickly attempted to explain.
"She can remove any part of her body at will and place it elsewhere on herself without any pain or anatomical discomfort. She can also survive without her head for a good several hours if she separates from it." He sighed. "And she loves to take advantage of it as well. If you let her, she will talk your ears off about all the horrific things she has done to herself for sheer pleasure and to scare others."
Iris finished with the bird she was sending and turned to face Soren with a bemused half-smile. "Yes, I did get that impression. However, would not her head continue to babble? You'd have to hide it somewhere soundproof, no?" She contemplated this for a moment. "Taryn is going to love her, I find myself mildly alarmed by the prospect of these two in close proximity to each other. If nothing else, we'll die interesting deaths with them around, I suppose." She shrugged, absolutely taken aback by the idea of Mariah but too done to react all that much.
Iris finished with the bird she was sending and turned to face Soren with a bemused half-smile. "Yes, I did get that impression. However, would not her head continue to babble? You'd have to hide it somewhere soundproof, no?" She contemplated this for a moment. "Taryn is going to love her, I find myself mildly alarmed by the prospect of these two in close proximity to each other. If nothing else, we'll die interesting deaths with them around, I suppose." She shrugged, absolutely taken aback by the idea of Mariah but too done to react all that much.
"Oh I would bury the head for half an hour or so." Soren shrugged. At Iris's comment about interesting deaths, he nodded. "It is quite possible. Although, blood is thicker than water. Hopefully she will not kill us, nor get us killed. I would trust her with my life, though not any sort of love life." The detective shook his head with a sigh. "She listens when it truly matters, and she will do good work. Just please try to ignore any... comments along the lines of what she said regarding us."
"Oh I would bury the head for half an hour or so." Soren shrugged. At Iris's comment about interesting deaths, he nodded. "It is quite possible. Although, blood is thicker than water. Hopefully she will not kill us, nor get us killed. I would trust her with my life, though not any sort of love life." The detective shook his head with a sigh. "She listens when it truly matters, and she will do good work. Just please try to ignore any... comments along the lines of what she said regarding us."
Iris snorted. "Ah, her comments are amusing. Your face was excellent." She shook her head. "Burying it is smart, good idea." A quiet tap sounded at the window, and Iris broke off to go retrieve the bird she had sent for Taryn. "She's on her way, which could mean anywhere between 20 minutes and 2. I asked her to use a normal, legal method of entry, but please alert your staff not to be alarmed if she decides to do something odd instead, if she gets a reaction she'll just do it more enthusiastically next time." Her weight shifted with a sigh. "Sometimes trying to work with some of my people is like herding overenthusiastic, teething puppies, I swear."
Iris snorted. "Ah, her comments are amusing. Your face was excellent." She shook her head. "Burying it is smart, good idea." A quiet tap sounded at the window, and Iris broke off to go retrieve the bird she had sent for Taryn. "She's on her way, which could mean anywhere between 20 minutes and 2. I asked her to use a normal, legal method of entry, but please alert your staff not to be alarmed if she decides to do something odd instead, if she gets a reaction she'll just do it more enthusiastically next time." Her weight shifted with a sigh. "Sometimes trying to work with some of my people is like herding overenthusiastic, teething puppies, I swear."
Soren chuckled softly, although inwardly he was beginning to realize this might be a bad idea, bringing two wild cards into play.
"I will let them know. We must do all we can to keep our... allies under some control, yes?" He reached for the phone on his desk - one of the older ones that connected to an intercom system - and punched in a number using the keypad. He picked up the phone and held it up to his ear, waiting for a moment. Then he frowned. Nothing...
Had he put in the wrong number? Yes, yes he had. Again.

It took him several tries, but eventually he managed to get the number right and he relayed the message over the intercom that was installed throughout the building.
"Two visitors will be coming. Mariah, my cousin, whom you know, and one who may try to cause mischief upon entry. They are both permitted, and pay no mind to the second one's antics. We do not want to encourage her."
Soren chuckled softly, although inwardly he was beginning to realize this might be a bad idea, bringing two wild cards into play.
"I will let them know. We must do all we can to keep our... allies under some control, yes?" He reached for the phone on his desk - one of the older ones that connected to an intercom system - and punched in a number using the keypad. He picked up the phone and held it up to his ear, waiting for a moment. Then he frowned. Nothing...
Had he put in the wrong number? Yes, yes he had. Again.

It took him several tries, but eventually he managed to get the number right and he relayed the message over the intercom that was installed throughout the building.
"Two visitors will be coming. Mariah, my cousin, whom you know, and one who may try to cause mischief upon entry. They are both permitted, and pay no mind to the second one's antics. We do not want to encourage her."
1 2 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 37 38