Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Light Sprite be EXPENSIVE
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Congratulations on the sprite, Wildthyme!
Congratulations on the sprite, Wildthyme!
Congratulations on the light sprite, Wildthyme!

I'm all for putting sprites in the Jox boxes or achievement shop as an expensive item. And I'd like the kickstarter familiars in there too. For some of you, it's just a check mark that you've awakened them. For me, it's what I hoard. I want one of each. And yes, I am once again saving up for another high priced familiar, with no guarantee there will actually be any for sale by the time I earn enough.
Congratulations on the light sprite, Wildthyme!

I'm all for putting sprites in the Jox boxes or achievement shop as an expensive item. And I'd like the kickstarter familiars in there too. For some of you, it's just a check mark that you've awakened them. For me, it's what I hoard. I want one of each. And yes, I am once again saving up for another high priced familiar, with no guarantee there will actually be any for sale by the time I earn enough.
@Wildthyme

Congratulations!! That’s awesome!
@Wildthyme

Congratulations!! That’s awesome!
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/69719144][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/697192/69719144_350.png[/img][/url] Thank you I can hardly believe it's real
69719144_350.png

Thank you I can hardly believe it's real
being a familiar collector is hard work. so is being in the light flight, oof.
being a familiar collector is hard work. so is being in the light flight, oof.
ytkEBod.pngJkqGYr7.pngvZmPWxA.pnga129Nss.pngAQPJNOh.png5hF3FGk.png
[quote name="Nequam" date="2024-04-25 02:37:18" ] Maaan... I've been here for so damn long I bought mine for 600k t and thought that was expensive. [/quote] Reading through this thread and this just blows my mind, considering how easy it is to get 600kt nowadays. Though thats the nature of time, I suppose
Nequam wrote on 2024-04-25 02:37:18:
Maaan... I've been here for so damn long I bought mine for 600k t and thought that was expensive.
Reading through this thread and this just blows my mind, considering how easy it is to get 600kt nowadays. Though thats the nature of time, I suppose
5BsilZ9.png
NlmYDAS.png
mlHpBMC.png
EL8P38X.png
I'm hesitant to say that adding them to Joxboxes would be the best course of action, as there are a lot of people who specifically like the current challenge and wouldn't want the price to dip as heavily as it inevitably would in which case; however, I would be open to them being raffling off more frequently via Roundsey to less drastically lower the price, as I do agree that it has gotten a little out of hand, and as the years go on, the rarer they will become.

It is true that there are alternate expensive goals out there, but different people like different things, and I can say that I wouldn't feel as good about obtaining an expensive UMA or dragon, for example, over a Light Sprite. I'm of the opinion that effectively unretiring them would be a little unfair, but I do think that making them a little more attainable would be for the best.

Although it does sting a little knowing that I'll likely never complete the bestiary, I am okay with it. Ultimately, I view them as luxury items that I don't especially need. Owning them would be nice, but I know that there are people out there who enjoy saving for them as a long-term goal. Once something has been retired for so long, I'd rather it was very minimally touched.
I'm hesitant to say that adding them to Joxboxes would be the best course of action, as there are a lot of people who specifically like the current challenge and wouldn't want the price to dip as heavily as it inevitably would in which case; however, I would be open to them being raffling off more frequently via Roundsey to less drastically lower the price, as I do agree that it has gotten a little out of hand, and as the years go on, the rarer they will become.

It is true that there are alternate expensive goals out there, but different people like different things, and I can say that I wouldn't feel as good about obtaining an expensive UMA or dragon, for example, over a Light Sprite. I'm of the opinion that effectively unretiring them would be a little unfair, but I do think that making them a little more attainable would be for the best.

Although it does sting a little knowing that I'll likely never complete the bestiary, I am okay with it. Ultimately, I view them as luxury items that I don't especially need. Owning them would be nice, but I know that there are people out there who enjoy saving for them as a long-term goal. Once something has been retired for so long, I'd rather it was very minimally touched.
frostbite_by_worryingsquarewave-d8a2x4y.gif
[quote name="TheClassCalico" date="2024-04-26 10:10:39" ] Although it does sting a little knowing that I'll likely never complete the bestiary, I am okay with it. Ultimately, I view them as luxury items that I don't especially need. Owning them would be nice, but I know that there are people out there who enjoy saving for them as a long-term goal. Once something has been retired for so long, I'd rather it was very minimally touched. [/quote] Honestly, I think Boolean helped me with this. Having something that will always be unreachable means that 100% isn't an option, so the difference between being 98 or 99% doesn't sting as bad. I still set my sights on getting each sprite, and it took years. When I finally did complete the set I quit playing FR. I had nothing left to keep my interest in the game. I ultimately found new goals to stretch me, one of each apparel item, one of each site skin, a full stack of each food, material, etc. I guess that means I can see both sides of the argument. Significantly adding them back into the game will cause some players to quit, as they will complete their collection and not be able to move on to the next challenge. It will also encourage others to play more, to not give up on the quest. :shrug: I will say that if they are added back in, there will be people who will feel hurt by the change. Imagine waking up and finding the item you had just paid either ridiculous amounts of cash or years of time to get is now significantly cheaper?
TheClassCalico wrote on 2024-04-26 10:10:39:

Honestly, I think Boolean helped me with this. Having something that will always be unreachable means that 100% isn't an option, so the difference between being 98 or 99% doesn't sting as bad.

I still set my sights on getting each sprite, and it took years. When I finally did complete the set I quit playing FR. I had nothing left to keep my interest in the game.

I ultimately found new goals to stretch me, one of each apparel item, one of each site skin, a full stack of each food, material, etc.

I guess that means I can see both sides of the argument. Significantly adding them back into the game will cause some players to quit, as they will complete their collection and not be able to move on to the next challenge. It will also encourage others to play more, to not give up on the quest.

:shrug:

I will say that if they are added back in, there will be people who will feel hurt by the change. Imagine waking up and finding the item you had just paid either ridiculous amounts of cash or years of time to get is now significantly cheaper?
Wishlist collecting All the things!. Oh dear... Total quest on track!

Always looking for holiday toned UMAs.
Price gouging needs to STOP.

I gave up in my own Light Sprite quest because the jumps in price were just. What the hell. In the long time it took to get 40kG (not that active a player) the price doubled to 80kG.
Price gouging needs to STOP.

I gave up in my own Light Sprite quest because the jumps in price were just. What the hell. In the long time it took to get 40kG (not that active a player) the price doubled to 80kG.
[quote name="Lynell" date="2024-04-23 21:32:32" ] [quote name="Khuzdul" date="2024-04-23 19:54:00" ] [quote name="FlareFighters" date="2024-04-23 19:45:01" ] They need to rerelease the sprites for newer players already. [/quote] [center]And the older apparel while we're at it. Not sure why they haven't/won't. It's not like the KS stuff, I understand those not being released again. [/quote] Not gonna happen. This comes up every now and then and [i]always[/i] gets shot down for a multitude of reasons. Basically the time to re release was back with the introduction of Joxar's Box with all the other festival items. Now the Consequences (public and business) far outweigh the Benefits for Flight Rising as a whole to do so now. [/quote] really? because the thread about this very subject in the suggestions forum has had consistent, overwhelming support for months now from both new and old players alike. not to mention if staff outright disagreed with the sentiment in a "it's definitely never gonna happen" kind of way they would have commented on it and shut the discussion down a LONG time ago. I don't disagree that the time to re-add these familiars should have been when the joxbox was introduced, but the fact that this standard of an item on a virtual pet site costing thousands of dollars' worth of gems is being willingly upheld even now is just kind of ridiculous to me. I don't even feel like the people who already shelled out that much for 'em deserved to have to pay so much
Lynell wrote on 2024-04-23 21:32:32:
Khuzdul wrote on 2024-04-23 19:54:00:
FlareFighters wrote on 2024-04-23 19:45:01:
They need to rerelease the sprites for newer players already.
And the older apparel while we're at it.

Not sure why they haven't/won't. It's not like the KS stuff, I understand those not being released again.

Not gonna happen.

This comes up every now and then and always gets shot down for a multitude of reasons.

Basically the time to re release was back with the introduction of Joxar's Box with all the other festival items. Now the Consequences (public and business) far outweigh the Benefits for Flight Rising as a whole to do so now.
really? because the thread about this very subject in the suggestions forum has had consistent, overwhelming support for months now from both new and old players alike. not to mention if staff outright disagreed with the sentiment in a "it's definitely never gonna happen" kind of way they would have commented on it and shut the discussion down a LONG time ago.
I don't disagree that the time to re-add these familiars should have been when the joxbox was introduced, but the fact that this standard of an item on a virtual pet site costing thousands of dollars' worth of gems is being willingly upheld even now is just kind of ridiculous to me. I don't even feel like the people who already shelled out that much for 'em deserved to have to pay so much
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9