Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | niche media you love dearly?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Sonic Underground, a TV show that came out in 1999 I think. Unfortunately the only Sonic media I've ever consumed but I adored it as a kid. I still occasionally get the theme song stuck in my head even like 11 years after last watching it. [img]https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81lP75qxYIL._RI_.jpg[/img]
Sonic Underground, a TV show that came out in 1999 I think. Unfortunately the only Sonic media I've ever consumed but I adored it as a kid. I still occasionally get the theme song stuck in my head even like 11 years after last watching it.

81lP75qxYIL._RI_.jpg
Ot3Ahks.jpg
[quote name="Transkovsky" date="2024-03-29 11:20:27" ] [img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/0d/Spore_Creatures_Coverart.png[/img] not sure how niche, but its definitely overshadowed [/quote] Spore Creatures was one of my childhood games! I played it when I was a kid but I got stuck pretty early on because it was hard/I didn't know what I was doing. I eventually got rid of it, but during my teenage years I think I came across some clips of the game on YouTube and they made me want to play it again. I asked mom about it and she ordered a used copy for me. I managed to beat it this time around since I had a better understanding of the mechanics and I was more skilled at gaming then I was as a kid. I also had fun with some of the cheat codes.
Transkovsky wrote on 2024-03-29 11:20:27:
Spore_Creatures_Coverart.png
not sure how niche, but its definitely overshadowed

Spore Creatures was one of my childhood games! I played it when I was a kid but I got stuck pretty early on because it was hard/I didn't know what I was doing. I eventually got rid of it, but during my teenage years I think I came across some clips of the game on YouTube and they made me want to play it again. I asked mom about it and she ordered a used copy for me. I managed to beat it this time around since I had a better understanding of the mechanics and I was more skilled at gaming then I was as a kid. I also had fun with some of the cheat codes.
Don't mind me I'm just a girl who likes dragons and robots.

FMoJ9vk.png S59aFC6.png fX0bVgZ.png MtGlogH.png cdqdRxL.png ypcKWM0.png 2VtxnMX.png HJLIYn4.pngawUnQ0L.pngll0CfnD.pngpFa33lp.png

[All of my social media]
[quote name="ravenleap" date="2024-04-07 18:23:15" ] And I'm gonna throw Running to Never in here as a bonus, cause why not It's a Minecraft animated series on YouTube by TheBlueJerome. The characters are interesting, the plot will surprise you, and it's all set to a background of music. I love stories where the "villain" isn't actually the big bad of the series, so if you enjoy that type of plot I think you'd like this one :) [/quote] I've never heard of Running to Never, but for some reason it reminded me of The Pixelarity. It was a series of shorts featuring popular Minecraft YouTubers that ran on the UK version of Disney XD. Two of them featured iBallisticSquid and Amy Lee, and I remember those being the episodes I watched on YouTube many years ago.
ravenleap wrote on 2024-04-07 18:23:15:
And I'm gonna throw Running to Never in here as a bonus, cause why not

It's a Minecraft animated series on YouTube by TheBlueJerome. The characters are interesting, the plot will surprise you, and it's all set to a background of music. I love stories where the "villain" isn't actually the big bad of the series, so if you enjoy that type of plot I think you'd like this one :)

I've never heard of Running to Never, but for some reason it reminded me of The Pixelarity. It was a series of shorts featuring popular Minecraft YouTubers that ran on the UK version of Disney XD. Two of them featured iBallisticSquid and Amy Lee, and I remember those being the episodes I watched on YouTube many years ago.
Don't mind me I'm just a girl who likes dragons and robots.

FMoJ9vk.png S59aFC6.png fX0bVgZ.png MtGlogH.png cdqdRxL.png ypcKWM0.png 2VtxnMX.png HJLIYn4.pngawUnQ0L.pngll0CfnD.pngpFa33lp.png

[All of my social media]
I am a big fan of Velocipastor, which is about a pastor who turns into a velociraptor. its really a ridiculous movie and low budget in such a charming way.
I am a big fan of Velocipastor, which is about a pastor who turns into a velociraptor. its really a ridiculous movie and low budget in such a charming way.
9hqcHsy.png pAONOEc.png
WYxPUv8.png G8AyR6r.png
V7wUqxW.png DoQJ9XF.png
6YtLZau.png LGvol4P.png
2iKXjpB.png l8NOdbs.png New-ish and figuring stuff out.
OH OKAY SO a bit back there was this sit-com Ugly Betty, right? Idk what goes on I never watched it BUT they made these short webisodes called Mode After Hours and I got HOOKED on them. It’s literally just these two bickering friends getting into hijinks in an office building for four minutes and I’ve been obsessed with it for a while now.

Also, I know it’s a Rian Johnson movie (same guy who did Knives Out and the one Star Wars movie etc.), but everyday I’m so sad that more people haven’t heard of Brick. It’s my all-time favourite movie from one of my favourite genres (teen noir), and I don’t know how to describe it other than just the vibes are right. Like sure it’s a murder mystery but I feel like I’m with close friends whenever I watch it.

I’m also the world’s number one Venus in Furs enjoyer, I genuinely would love to write an essay on it someday. Like sure Severin sucks, but there are way more interesting things going on here!!
OH OKAY SO a bit back there was this sit-com Ugly Betty, right? Idk what goes on I never watched it BUT they made these short webisodes called Mode After Hours and I got HOOKED on them. It’s literally just these two bickering friends getting into hijinks in an office building for four minutes and I’ve been obsessed with it for a while now.

Also, I know it’s a Rian Johnson movie (same guy who did Knives Out and the one Star Wars movie etc.), but everyday I’m so sad that more people haven’t heard of Brick. It’s my all-time favourite movie from one of my favourite genres (teen noir), and I don’t know how to describe it other than just the vibes are right. Like sure it’s a murder mystery but I feel like I’m with close friends whenever I watch it.

I’m also the world’s number one Venus in Furs enjoyer, I genuinely would love to write an essay on it someday. Like sure Severin sucks, but there are way more interesting things going on here!!
c78fb34a-2f8e-11eb-a63c-492b8a503cf7.gif jHSxBWy.png
Ask me about my silly spy shows!
I'm on_a_sunbeam on Artfight!
you want something niche i'll give you something niche [img]https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/niche/images/5/50/Niche_llogo1.jpg[/img] it's a god simulator with these little guys against the world it's got story, challenge, and free play modes and it's soo fun it's rather difficult and theres definitely a learning curve i never see anyone talking about it [size=1]"do digital games count as media" i type into the search bar nervously[/size]
you want something niche i'll give you something niche

Niche_llogo1.jpg
it's a god simulator with these little guys against the world
it's got story, challenge, and free play modes and it's soo fun
it's rather difficult and theres definitely a learning curve

i never see anyone talking about it

"do digital games count as media" i type into the search bar nervously
a simple gif of a courier dragon flying facing to the right. It is a completely black silhouette with black particles around it One day I'm going to
hand you something and
it's going to be a bug.
It/Its Pronouns
Aro/Ace
Agender Man
FR Time +2
IMlLWzB.gif
@Sciatica

Oh wow I love Niche! So rare to find other people that even know of it, let alone like it!!

My thread contribution is a pokemon comic called Eeveelution Squad that my boyfriend introduced me to a long time ago.

It starts off as cute antics of eeveelution triplets and their eeveelution friends. and then goes into absolutely god tier lore. Super complex.

Highly recommend if you like pokemon
@Sciatica

Oh wow I love Niche! So rare to find other people that even know of it, let alone like it!!

My thread contribution is a pokemon comic called Eeveelution Squad that my boyfriend introduced me to a long time ago.

It starts off as cute antics of eeveelution triplets and their eeveelution friends. and then goes into absolutely god tier lore. Super complex.

Highly recommend if you like pokemon
p1Pjh8S.png

p110et9.gif By Sesshin

[img][/img]
[quote name="DraconicMusic" date="2024-04-24 12:13:10" ] [quote name="Transkovsky" date="2024-03-29 11:20:27" ] [img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/0d/Spore_Creatures_Coverart.png[/img] not sure how niche, but its definitely overshadowed [/quote] Spore Creatures was one of my childhood games! I played it when I was a kid but I got stuck pretty early on because it was hard/I didn't know what I was doing. I eventually got rid of it, but during my teenage years I think I came across some clips of the game on YouTube and they made me want to play it again. I asked mom about it and she ordered a used copy for me. I managed to beat it this time around since I had a better understanding of the mechanics and I was more skilled at gaming then I was as a kid. I also had fun with some of the cheat codes. [/quote] WAIT--- Okay, not this specific spore game but the other spore DS game was one of my favorite games growing up. I had so much fun with it and seeing this made me remember, I'll have to go look it up to see what it was called-- SPORE HERO ARENA! I loved this game so much,, has anyone else ever played it? [img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/29/Spore_Hero_Arena_Coverart.png[/img]
DraconicMusic wrote on 2024-04-24 12:13:10:
Transkovsky wrote on 2024-03-29 11:20:27:
Spore_Creatures_Coverart.png
not sure how niche, but its definitely overshadowed

Spore Creatures was one of my childhood games! I played it when I was a kid but I got stuck pretty early on because it was hard/I didn't know what I was doing. I eventually got rid of it, but during my teenage years I think I came across some clips of the game on YouTube and they made me want to play it again. I asked mom about it and she ordered a used copy for me. I managed to beat it this time around since I had a better understanding of the mechanics and I was more skilled at gaming then I was as a kid. I also had fun with some of the cheat codes.
WAIT---

Okay, not this specific spore game but the other spore DS game was one of my favorite games growing up. I had so much fun with it and seeing this made me remember, I'll have to go look it up to see what it was called--

SPORE HERO ARENA!

I loved this game so much,, has anyone else ever played it?
Spore_Hero_Arena_Coverart.png
3Y3t130.pnglctaZd8.png AvyBrzc.png
[quote name="ClaudevonRiegan" date="2024-04-12 11:09:03" ] Project Moon dropped a Canto 6-7 roadmap that looks soooo amazing, and that's not to mention that Walpurgis Night will likely be soon too! We're [i]seriously[/i] eating good nowadays. [/quote] A bit late to the party, but yes that roadmap does look amazing! Wondering how the events will lead up to Don's canto. We really are eating [i]great[/i]. Walpurgisnacht event dropped, and I was so hyped since, to be honest, Lobcorp and Ruina were my favourite parts of the series (because of character customisation haha) The fact that they replicated Ruina's style for Fairy Festival event is just PEAK! Not to mention Philip Sinclair is very strong and he really opened another can of worms to the mechanics of the game! Adding my Limbus ID here: O189604864, feel free to add me :D (yes, I am the one with quintuple madness)
ClaudevonRiegan wrote on 2024-04-12 11:09:03:
Project Moon dropped a Canto 6-7 roadmap that looks soooo amazing, and that's not to mention that Walpurgis Night will likely be soon too! We're seriously eating good nowadays.
A bit late to the party, but yes that roadmap does look amazing! Wondering how the events will lead up to Don's canto. We really are eating great.
Walpurgisnacht event dropped, and I was so hyped since, to be honest, Lobcorp and Ruina were my favourite parts of the series (because of character customisation haha)

The fact that they replicated Ruina's style for Fairy Festival event is just PEAK! Not to mention Philip Sinclair is very strong and he really opened another can of worms to the mechanics of the game!

Adding my Limbus ID here: O189604864, feel free to add me :D (yes, I am the one with quintuple madness)
If it came down to it I would quite literally die before allowing “Xenogears” and “Xenosaga” become lost media.
If it came down to it I would quite literally die before allowing “Xenogears” and “Xenosaga” become lost media.
I am but a humble peach farmer.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8