Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | niche media you love dearly?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Drakan: Order of the Flame — a 90s action/adventure game with a cool dergy. It's close to my heart because I got to experience it with my sister. I feel it often gets overshadowed by its sequel, The Ancients Gates. The soundtrack is hella.

And Steve Jackson's Sorcery!, a text-based game that was originally a series of adventure books. I never owned the books, but I did play the game (games, technically) and it became my hyperfixation for weeks. Thanks Jerma.
Drakan: Order of the Flame — a 90s action/adventure game with a cool dergy. It's close to my heart because I got to experience it with my sister. I feel it often gets overshadowed by its sequel, The Ancients Gates. The soundtrack is hella.

And Steve Jackson's Sorcery!, a text-based game that was originally a series of adventure books. I never owned the books, but I did play the game (games, technically) and it became my hyperfixation for weeks. Thanks Jerma.
"Eye - Sil - Ith"
· He/Him
· Pings encouraged
· FR+3
QwQ no one I've interacted with has heard of the game Pleonexia without me having told them about it [img]https://indiegamesplus.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/pleonexia-3.jpg[/img]
QwQ no one I've interacted with has heard of the game Pleonexia without me having told them about it

pleonexia-3.jpg
8571491f34d15c79324789f17fef14034d2d6c52.gifbf9d479f9757ab123107737844fcf3fac53f33ae.gif b81ad04ac7d51b61d9190f8eb96b0a85cec1be3d.gif bf9d479f9757ab123107737844fcf3fac53f33ae.gif35049669a1797c08a87f2bf411c52ea5ea89399f.gif
eswSnrS.pngePOliyb.pngoq8LyLj.pngmSLoohP.pngooe7M15.png
I've fallen in love with the Project Moon game series/world, a series of Korean games and tie-in comics/webnovels about a nightmarish, post-apocalyptic, dystopian city and the various horrors that go on there. Starting with Lobotomy Corporation (SCP Foundation But The Real Horror Is Capitalism), Library of Ruina (an android allegory for Lucifer tears down her parents' legacy with the help of a charming himbo assassin), and now Limbus Company (classical literature anime battle sim). [img]https://i.imgur.com/LfSMrWP.png[/img] [center] [size=2][b]She has recited the AM "Hate" speech from I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream and you know it.[/b][/size][/center] also really been into niche animations I find on YouTube, whether it's series like Metal Family or The Vampair or just vintage Czech shorts
I've fallen in love with the Project Moon game series/world, a series of Korean games and tie-in comics/webnovels about a nightmarish, post-apocalyptic, dystopian city and the various horrors that go on there. Starting with Lobotomy Corporation (SCP Foundation But The Real Horror Is Capitalism), Library of Ruina (an android allegory for Lucifer tears down her parents' legacy with the help of a charming himbo assassin), and now Limbus Company (classical literature anime battle sim).

LfSMrWP.png
She has recited the AM "Hate" speech from I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream and you know it.

also really been into niche animations I find on YouTube, whether it's series like Metal Family or The Vampair or just vintage Czech shorts
"Froggy"/"Hypo" =o= Adult =o= (FR+3)
naturetop.png
[quote name="HypoTheBognapper" date="2024-04-06 13:58:44" ] I've fallen in love with the Project Moon game series/world, a series of Korean games and tie-in comics/webnovels about a nightmarish, post-apocalyptic, dystopian city and the various horrors that go on there. Starting with Lobotomy Corporation (SCP Foundation But The Real Horror Is Capitalism), Library of Ruina (an android allegory for Lucifer tears down her parents' legacy with the help of a charming himbo assassin), and now Limbus Company (classical literature anime battle sim). [img]https://i.imgur.com/LfSMrWP.png[/img] [center] [size=2][b]She has recited the AM "Hate" speech from I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream and you know it.[/b][/size][/center] [/quote] Last October I bought Lobotomy Corporation and I just recently caught up to Limbus right before the Blade Lineage event. I love this series to bits as well, and I'm glad its gaining more traction with limbus!! :) it very much has altered my brain chemistry in a good way. I've spent over 400 hours on the series overall AAAHAHAH
HypoTheBognapper wrote on 2024-04-06 13:58:44:
I've fallen in love with the Project Moon game series/world, a series of Korean games and tie-in comics/webnovels about a nightmarish, post-apocalyptic, dystopian city and the various horrors that go on there. Starting with Lobotomy Corporation (SCP Foundation But The Real Horror Is Capitalism), Library of Ruina (an android allegory for Lucifer tears down her parents' legacy with the help of a charming himbo assassin), and now Limbus Company (classical literature anime battle sim).

LfSMrWP.png
She has recited the AM "Hate" speech from I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream and you know it.
Last October I bought Lobotomy Corporation and I just recently caught up to Limbus right before the Blade Lineage event. I love this series to bits as well, and I'm glad its gaining more traction with limbus!! :) it very much has altered my brain chemistry in a good way. I've spent over 400 hours on the series overall AAAHAHAH
waaah my signature broke and i dont wanna fix it rn
[quote name="HypoTheBognapper" date="2024-04-06 13:58:44" ] (SCP Foundation But The Real Horror Is Capitalism) [/quote] that's already what the scp foundation is. no one knows what crypt worlds is but that's probably a good thing. chibi robo isn't that obscure especially since everyone now knows it as a series nintendo destroyed but if you search for mentions of the game in the forums its uh, a lot of me bringing up the game whenever i can. also might as well throw in fairy foxes which was actually well known to a degree in the very early days of youtube, i rewatched it a few months ago and it makes me genuinely happy to see someone pouring years of their life into something they're passionate about and not letting it go despite the slow march of time.
HypoTheBognapper wrote on 2024-04-06 13:58:44:
(SCP Foundation But The Real Horror Is Capitalism)
that's already what the scp foundation is.

no one knows what crypt worlds is but that's probably a good thing. chibi robo isn't that obscure especially since everyone now knows it as a series nintendo destroyed but if you search for mentions of the game in the forums its uh, a lot of me bringing up the game whenever i can.

also might as well throw in fairy foxes which was actually well known to a degree in the very early days of youtube, i rewatched it a few months ago and it makes me genuinely happy to see someone pouring years of their life into something they're passionate about and not letting it go despite the slow march of time.
sunflowers and leavessunflowers and leaves
Personally for me, it’s gotta be The Steve Saga (Favremysabre, 2017-2020). It’s a decently niche minecraft series where Sabre (literally just the guy who made it) opens up a minecraft world, and ends up finding varieties of Steve, the default skin, both good and evil. Some end up sticking permanently, like Rainbow Steve and Galaxy Steve did after their introductions long before the series ended, and some existed for one long arc, such as Nightmare Steve, Ghost Steve, Time Steve, and even non-steve characters like Faceless.

As someone who originally watched the series from 2018 til the end and only have memories of certain moments in episodes other than certain rewatches of full episodes I did of small aspects of the series, I absolutely love interviewing people who were also there in the era. My sibling is actually friends with the largest fanwork creator from that era.

Going off of the average time of episodes, between the 10 minutes of earlier episodes and 20-30 of the later ones, it would take around 184 hours to get through all 554 episodes, or 7 full days with no breaks. The length is comparable to works like Homestuck except in video form. Cutting off unnecessary episodes (like building or any ones that don’t contain good amounts of lore, there’s a lot of lore though), this could bring us down to like 375 episodes. That’s still like half a month worth of binging taking breaks. You could complete the entire series during your winter break provided you don’t spend too much time with family.

It’s very lengthy, but holds a big place in my heart as the first fandom I was ever invested in.
Personally for me, it’s gotta be The Steve Saga (Favremysabre, 2017-2020). It’s a decently niche minecraft series where Sabre (literally just the guy who made it) opens up a minecraft world, and ends up finding varieties of Steve, the default skin, both good and evil. Some end up sticking permanently, like Rainbow Steve and Galaxy Steve did after their introductions long before the series ended, and some existed for one long arc, such as Nightmare Steve, Ghost Steve, Time Steve, and even non-steve characters like Faceless.

As someone who originally watched the series from 2018 til the end and only have memories of certain moments in episodes other than certain rewatches of full episodes I did of small aspects of the series, I absolutely love interviewing people who were also there in the era. My sibling is actually friends with the largest fanwork creator from that era.

Going off of the average time of episodes, between the 10 minutes of earlier episodes and 20-30 of the later ones, it would take around 184 hours to get through all 554 episodes, or 7 full days with no breaks. The length is comparable to works like Homestuck except in video form. Cutting off unnecessary episodes (like building or any ones that don’t contain good amounts of lore, there’s a lot of lore though), this could bring us down to like 375 episodes. That’s still like half a month worth of binging taking breaks. You could complete the entire series during your winter break provided you don’t spend too much time with family.

It’s very lengthy, but holds a big place in my heart as the first fandom I was ever invested in.
2afaf5c7a881f3ab7789c19cb50b27258701a37b.gifRisk - It/They - Please Ping2afaf5c7a881f3ab7789c19cb50b27258701a37b.gif

Hi welcome to chillis
@Flufferb OH MY GOSH ANOTHER GHS FAN!!! I LOVE GHS!! My absolutely favorite is Judgement Boy!
@Flufferb OH MY GOSH ANOTHER GHS FAN!!! I LOVE GHS!! My absolutely favorite is Judgement Boy!
Fiend | Any Pronouns

click on the Plaguebringer for my bio!
click on my sona for my art shop!
62L9xMb.gif 5SSgQr9.png
Mine is the Awful Hospital webcomic! Me and a couple of friends are likely the only fans I know of directly without looking through the like 5 tiktoks that have 100 views from a year ago. My absolute favorite characters are Jay and Crash, and it's so cool! It was made by this guy named Bogleech who is more known for his pokemon reviews on his website.

Its humor isn't really gross-out, but the art and jokes are very biology and body-functions based if that makes sense. There's no really good way to describe it, so if you're interested, it's a very see-for-yourself kind of thingy! https://bogleech.com/awfulhospital/intro
Mine is the Awful Hospital webcomic! Me and a couple of friends are likely the only fans I know of directly without looking through the like 5 tiktoks that have 100 views from a year ago. My absolute favorite characters are Jay and Crash, and it's so cool! It was made by this guy named Bogleech who is more known for his pokemon reviews on his website.

Its humor isn't really gross-out, but the art and jokes are very biology and body-functions based if that makes sense. There's no really good way to describe it, so if you're interested, it's a very see-for-yourself kind of thingy! https://bogleech.com/awfulhospital/intro
Fiend | Any Pronouns

62L9xMb.gif 5SSgQr9.png
[quote name="@FiendEnder6" date="2024-04-06 15:57:49" ] OH MY GOSH ANOTHER GHS FAN!!! I LOVE GHS!! My absolutely favorite is Judgement Boy! [/quote] YOOO HI!!!! It's so great to see another GHS fan here!! :D Judgement Boy Gold's actually my favourite haha - I do really like the regular one as well though!! Angel/Devil Dog's pretty neat too, I wish she got more screentime in the actual show
@FiendEnder6 wrote on 2024-04-06 15:57:49:
OH MY GOSH ANOTHER GHS FAN!!! I LOVE GHS!! My absolutely favorite is Judgement Boy!

YOOO HI!!!! It's so great to see another GHS fan here!! :D

Judgement Boy Gold's actually my favourite haha - I do really like the regular one as well though!! Angel/Devil Dog's pretty neat too, I wish she got more screentime in the actual show
75166122_VZYp9DEPHPhPQoY.png 63854292_WsxXCfbzeWT8ESA.png 75166122_VZYp9DEPHPhPQoY.png

fLdYOuE.pngpIlgc2u.pngRkXJJ5L.pngmtHAEL4.pngbYt72YT.pngQUIpVFE.png
jbMLSIO.pngleo4ZYP.pngC3gPKb3.png66wxnCy.pngrUoKR6y.pngll0CfnD.png
[quote name="@Flufferb" date="2024-04-07 01:19:53" ] [quote name="@FiendEnder6" date="2024-04-06 15:57:49" ] OH MY GOSH ANOTHER GHS FAN!!! I LOVE GHS!! My absolutely favorite is Judgement Boy! [/quote] YOOO HI!!!! It's so great to see another GHS fan here!! :D Judgement Boy Gold's actually my favourite haha - I do really like the regular one as well though!! Angel/Devil Dog's pretty neat too, I wish she got more screentime in the actual show [/quote] Honestly real!!
@Flufferb wrote on 2024-04-07 01:19:53:
@FiendEnder6 wrote on 2024-04-06 15:57:49:
OH MY GOSH ANOTHER GHS FAN!!! I LOVE GHS!! My absolutely favorite is Judgement Boy!

YOOO HI!!!! It's so great to see another GHS fan here!! :D

Judgement Boy Gold's actually my favourite haha - I do really like the regular one as well though!! Angel/Devil Dog's pretty neat too, I wish she got more screentime in the actual show

Honestly real!!
Fiend | Any Pronouns

62L9xMb.gif 5SSgQr9.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7