Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | niche media you love dearly?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
There's a few comics on deviantart that I read as a teen and I still adore to bits.

Reading posts here about minecraft made me remember a fan comic which featured oldschool minecraft youtubers as these pseudo-deities I think. I don't remember the name though. All I know it was centered around this friend group trying to survive while uncovering mysteries and crossing paths with SkyDoesMinecraft, CaptainSparklez and so on.

What I do remember is a fan comic called Chakra: Battle of titans. It was inspired by the game Okami. Group of 7 wolves, each with superpowers represented by one of the chakras. I still haven't finished reading it though. I guess the best way I could describe it would be Warrior Cats, but wolves? There's drama, there's fights. Even though I haven't returned to it in years, I still have fond memories reading it and waiting for a new page. I occasionally think I shouldfinally finish reading it :D

Also an mlp fan comic called The Night the Magic Died. I do remember reading through it and sitting patiently waiting for the last page. The story was pretty straight forward about a magical creature from a different world eating all the magic (kinda similar to Shade here on FR), a kitsune tried to warn Celestia, but no one beleived the threats until it was too late. But it was very in line with the vibe of the show, so the comic also had a happy ending.
There's a few comics on deviantart that I read as a teen and I still adore to bits.

Reading posts here about minecraft made me remember a fan comic which featured oldschool minecraft youtubers as these pseudo-deities I think. I don't remember the name though. All I know it was centered around this friend group trying to survive while uncovering mysteries and crossing paths with SkyDoesMinecraft, CaptainSparklez and so on.

What I do remember is a fan comic called Chakra: Battle of titans. It was inspired by the game Okami. Group of 7 wolves, each with superpowers represented by one of the chakras. I still haven't finished reading it though. I guess the best way I could describe it would be Warrior Cats, but wolves? There's drama, there's fights. Even though I haven't returned to it in years, I still have fond memories reading it and waiting for a new page. I occasionally think I shouldfinally finish reading it :D

Also an mlp fan comic called The Night the Magic Died. I do remember reading through it and sitting patiently waiting for the last page. The story was pretty straight forward about a magical creature from a different world eating all the magic (kinda similar to Shade here on FR), a kitsune tried to warn Celestia, but no one beleived the threats until it was too late. But it was very in line with the vibe of the show, so the comic also had a happy ending.
Neon.png You start with an impossible goal: defeating the unbeatable enemy. And then you do whatever you gotta do to achieve it! Because even you can't know how much potential you have until you push yourself past your limits. THAT'S how you make yourself not just stronger... but stronger than you ever imagined you could be!

Qpv2mvo.pngYE53boy.pngSZfmfRv.png
fujRTIl.png
Animals of Farthing Wood is a show I binged a couple of years ago, I managed to get a bunch of dvds of it from a family friend and the show is WILD. It's kind of marked down in the hall of fame of violent, animal-related, kids media with movies like Watership Down, bonus points for both of them being British.
It's about a group of animals traveling together to a nature reserve after their forest gets destroyed. It's not an overly complicated plot but it's still really fun imo. It holds nothing back with killing off characters and they make a show out of it, not showing it on screen obviously but it really feels like they were trying to purposely make the children watching cry.

I'd recommend checking it out if you like Watership Down because it has the same 'big journey' plot points while still being dark. I remember the lore isn't as good though because the animals are a bit human-like and talk about being married multiple times in the show.
Animals of Farthing Wood is a show I binged a couple of years ago, I managed to get a bunch of dvds of it from a family friend and the show is WILD. It's kind of marked down in the hall of fame of violent, animal-related, kids media with movies like Watership Down, bonus points for both of them being British.
It's about a group of animals traveling together to a nature reserve after their forest gets destroyed. It's not an overly complicated plot but it's still really fun imo. It holds nothing back with killing off characters and they make a show out of it, not showing it on screen obviously but it really feels like they were trying to purposely make the children watching cry.

I'd recommend checking it out if you like Watership Down because it has the same 'big journey' plot points while still being dark. I remember the lore isn't as good though because the animals are a bit human-like and talk about being married multiple times in the show.
193.pngsawsbuck-summer.gif194.png
I've met literally only one person who knows what Among The Sleep is. It's a horror game (not mascot horror) from the perspective of a toddler, and every time I watch a playthrough it hits me right in my feels. Apparently multiple large YouTubers played it and it still manages to go unseen.

I've never met anyone in my life who read Chasing Vermeer. One of my favorite books ever, and I just never see anyone talking about it.

Finally, Fer.al/Cinder. Fer.al was a canned MMORPG by Wildworks (the Animal Jam people) centering on mythical creatures. It was shut down in favor of an even more obscure thing called Cinder, which was basically watered down Fer.al with NFTs, new lore, only two species (the Fae from Fer.al and a new one called Imps), and an expanse called The Void.
The weird way the Cinder lore connects with Fer.al's shutdown is kind of grim, and I find it interesting even though I utterly despise the fact it was an NFT cashgrab.
Both games had unofficial emulators made of them, but only Fer.al's assets were archived, so when the servers hosting the assets went down, Cinder's game effectively became lost media.
I've met literally only one person who knows what Among The Sleep is. It's a horror game (not mascot horror) from the perspective of a toddler, and every time I watch a playthrough it hits me right in my feels. Apparently multiple large YouTubers played it and it still manages to go unseen.

I've never met anyone in my life who read Chasing Vermeer. One of my favorite books ever, and I just never see anyone talking about it.

Finally, Fer.al/Cinder. Fer.al was a canned MMORPG by Wildworks (the Animal Jam people) centering on mythical creatures. It was shut down in favor of an even more obscure thing called Cinder, which was basically watered down Fer.al with NFTs, new lore, only two species (the Fae from Fer.al and a new one called Imps), and an expanse called The Void.
The weird way the Cinder lore connects with Fer.al's shutdown is kind of grim, and I find it interesting even though I utterly despise the fact it was an NFT cashgrab.
Both games had unofficial emulators made of them, but only Fer.al's assets were archived, so when the servers hosting the assets went down, Cinder's game effectively became lost media.
KNiDL_Star_Rod_sprite.png 7nrEOpT.png
bYt72YT.png
Zn1clbn.png
9vwqdfK.png
tyEuRXe.png
9R2Unq1.png
CeZAyqc.png
lA1sWNh.png
Collector of gen 1 aethers, imperial enjoyer, old dragon admirer, sprite/nymph adorer
KNiDL_Star_Rod_icon.png
As a PS2 fan, I've been learning of games from the past that I haven't played. Dark Cloud was on my list for a long while, because I was drawn to the character designs and style. Bought it at a game store but was holding out to play it on a better display- finally caved in and started playing it anyway.

I'm in love with it and childhood me would have also loved it. It's my first dungeon clearing game- but it's also unique in how, as you clear the dungeons you unlock buildings/characters/objects to rebuild the towns and can place them where you want. It's now one of my favorite games.

As a PS2 fan, I've been learning of games from the past that I haven't played. Dark Cloud was on my list for a long while, because I was drawn to the character designs and style. Bought it at a game store but was holding out to play it on a better display- finally caved in and started playing it anyway.

I'm in love with it and childhood me would have also loved it. It's my first dungeon clearing game- but it's also unique in how, as you clear the dungeons you unlock buildings/characters/objects to rebuild the towns and can place them where you want. It's now one of my favorite games.

LEpJMnn.pngiRvAqwy.png Z4EXqHV.png
does anyone here know nitrome?
its an old flash game website that had a bunch of tiny games made by a small team. they all looked very cute

i think the only game from that website i ever saw hosted on another website was Sky Serpents
does anyone here know nitrome?
its an old flash game website that had a bunch of tiny games made by a small team. they all looked very cute

i think the only game from that website i ever saw hosted on another website was Sky Serpents

NN9NPXA.png
P9aWhak.png
OxagJgG.png
WKtl2lb.png
haxorus.gif

t3kr0g.png
DigiDestiny - A Digimon TTRPG podcast

I barely know anything about digimon and this podcast has a choke hold on me.
DigiDestiny - A Digimon TTRPG podcast

I barely know anything about digimon and this podcast has a choke hold on me.
Inspired.pngDetermined.pngShouting.pngSurprised.pngDizzy.pngSigh.pngInspired%5E.pngStunned%5E.pngDetermined%5E.pngSigh%5E.pngWorried%5E.pngJoyous%5E.png
buy my dragons ---> gen ones
buy more of my dragons --->hatchery
help me find my dream dragons ---> here
I frequent used bookstores, so I read a lot of outdated books usually, but absolutely the weirdest and most outdated book that I am the most into is the Pendragon Adventure books by DJ MacHale (which I'd quite frankly be MORE into if there was more active community content). They're such a great time, and the lack of love and recognition is absolutely appalling.

(I actually have a couple dragons named after places from the books as well :)
I frequent used bookstores, so I read a lot of outdated books usually, but absolutely the weirdest and most outdated book that I am the most into is the Pendragon Adventure books by DJ MacHale (which I'd quite frankly be MORE into if there was more active community content). They're such a great time, and the lack of love and recognition is absolutely appalling.

(I actually have a couple dragons named after places from the books as well :)
1NvphvS.png. plHJimS.png
7vhtsnW.png. 3I473vH.png
FlMK7kZ.png

[current avatar: veilspun dragon Tengwar]
[still a FR newbie, apologies for any incompetence]
i wouldn't say I love it dearly but I do think about it on the regular. Cursedom was a random game I found that I became super fascinated with that was a demo that if it got enough support would be fleshed out into a full game. Unfortunately it seems to have flopped so hard the creator took down the itch.io page for it and only the windows version has been reuploaded, so I can't replay it myself ):

Still, its intentional jank has really stuck in my mind. I wish I had any clue where to contact the creator(s) of the game so I could get a mac version but i really have no clue where to start since all the links on the creator(s) itch.io page are broken and there hasn't been an addition to the community in 3 years
i wouldn't say I love it dearly but I do think about it on the regular. Cursedom was a random game I found that I became super fascinated with that was a demo that if it got enough support would be fleshed out into a full game. Unfortunately it seems to have flopped so hard the creator took down the itch.io page for it and only the windows version has been reuploaded, so I can't replay it myself ):

Still, its intentional jank has really stuck in my mind. I wish I had any clue where to contact the creator(s) of the game so I could get a mac version but i really have no clue where to start since all the links on the creator(s) itch.io page are broken and there hasn't been an addition to the community in 3 years
3delmj.png
The Artifex Mundi puzzle games. I LIVED off of those when I was about eleven. My absolute favorite, which I have a whole oc for and headcanons and fanfic in my head, is Grim Legends 2: Song of the Dark Swan. I played it obsessively. Nobody loves Grim Legends 2 more than me.

I’m looking into replaying the fulls games and not just the demos right now.
The Artifex Mundi puzzle games. I LIVED off of those when I was about eleven. My absolute favorite, which I have a whole oc for and headcanons and fanfic in my head, is Grim Legends 2: Song of the Dark Swan. I played it obsessively. Nobody loves Grim Legends 2 more than me.

I’m looking into replaying the fulls games and not just the demos right now.

F7-DF8-CF0-63-ED-4829-BD83-EFE2-B5-D28368.png
flDHu4g.gif
this isn't "5 total viewers" obscure, but its definitely one of those things i never see other ppl bring up and the fandom is relatively small (compared to more popular stuff)

please, if you've never seen it or only seen the first couple episodes (it REALLY picks up in quality i promise! especially season 2 and on)...

watch. the. hotdaga.

all episodes free on yt! also the original songs are banger. fair warning: its been over 5 years since the last episode and its technically undone, so...be prepared for that. if anyone watches it bc of this, im begging pls tell me how it goes its one of my biggest hyperfixations X3
this isn't "5 total viewers" obscure, but its definitely one of those things i never see other ppl bring up and the fandom is relatively small (compared to more popular stuff)

please, if you've never seen it or only seen the first couple episodes (it REALLY picks up in quality i promise! especially season 2 and on)...

watch. the. hotdaga.

all episodes free on yt! also the original songs are banger. fair warning: its been over 5 years since the last episode and its technically undone, so...be prepared for that. if anyone watches it bc of this, im begging pls tell me how it goes its one of my biggest hyperfixations X3
fido / puppy! :3c

ezgif-4-3fe551c58c.gif
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pupgender.png
it-pup.png
autistic-1.png
FR-time-19.png
daeb6df-1b7c633f-bfb3-4010-8bef-b9b82880da92.gif
xxxxxxxxxx
ezgif-4-005202d4be.png
ezgif-4-585f0a6e2b.gif
coli-quest.png