Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [WATERDOM] Library in the Sky [CLOSED]
1 2 ... 72 73 74 75 76 ... 85 86
Finished A House With Good Bones! Didn't mean to, but it really grabbed me in the second half and I ended up binging it, oops.

What's a book you'd recommend to almost anyone?
I don't know if it'll be to everyone's taste, but I would love for anyone to at least give The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern a try. I'd say it's my favourite standalone book!
Finished A House With Good Bones! Didn't mean to, but it really grabbed me in the second half and I ended up binging it, oops.

I don't know if it'll be to everyone's taste, but I would love for anyone to at least give The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern a try. I'd say it's my favourite standalone book!
adopt-sig.pngxxxrva7IHk.pngxxxroad-not-taken-button-90px.pngxxx4XpFW61.png
Another chapter of Fathomfolk down! I want to read more but books just put me right to sleep if I read them before bed, and I need to write this so I can pick up my badge. It's a blessing and a curse, I suppose!

A book I would recommend to anyone is The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho. It's a short novel that I've heard people describe as life-changing, and I would have to agree that it had a lasting impact on me. It's a beautiful story about a man who travels across deserts in search of his meaning in life, and I believe it is meant to resonate with anyone who has wondered what the purpose in this world is.
Another chapter of Fathomfolk down! I want to read more but books just put me right to sleep if I read them before bed, and I need to write this so I can pick up my badge. It's a blessing and a curse, I suppose!

A book I would recommend to anyone is The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho. It's a short novel that I've heard people describe as life-changing, and I would have to agree that it had a lasting impact on me. It's a beautiful story about a man who travels across deserts in search of his meaning in life, and I believe it is meant to resonate with anyone who has wondered what the purpose in this world is.
aWHHcv8.gif x Tidepools bQKtPA9.png

She/Her | | FR time +0

» About Me
»
Wishlist » Avatar
» All Aquatic Items
xx
Daily Reading
I was busy for most of today so I didn't get as much reading done as I'd like, but I did read some more site lore today! I just realized the different elemental images under the Bounty of the Elements are also stories so I've been reading things wayyy out of order.... whoops.

Daily Question
I don't know that I have a book that anyone would like, I have plenty I'd like to recommend so I can talk to someone about it though!
Maybe thinking about the question in a different way, I think everyone would benefit from reading the book I'm currently reading "I Have Nothing To Hide" by Heidi Boghosian, considering that the topic covers modern day mass surveillance. It explains exactly what kind of information is being gathered by who and how it's affecting peoples lives today in a way that not-super-techy people can understand.
Daily Reading
I was busy for most of today so I didn't get as much reading done as I'd like, but I did read some more site lore today! I just realized the different elemental images under the Bounty of the Elements are also stories so I've been reading things wayyy out of order.... whoops.

Daily Question
I don't know that I have a book that anyone would like, I have plenty I'd like to recommend so I can talk to someone about it though!
Maybe thinking about the question in a different way, I think everyone would benefit from reading the book I'm currently reading "I Have Nothing To Hide" by Heidi Boghosian, considering that the topic covers modern day mass surveillance. It explains exactly what kind of information is being gathered by who and how it's affecting peoples lives today in a way that not-super-techy people can understand.
X
JuaytuP.png
J7D1quC.png
5hF3FGk.png
optH9Kd.png
LTm7UbO.png
YMPbu9R.png
Js0HRQT.png
VgQr1kz.png

vx6PPYy.png
Daily reading: Continued a few more short chapters of Human.4. Things are going sideways, and we're on the last "tape" (cassette)...

Daily question: Nerdmom mentioned the Discworld stories for much the same reasons I would, but I haven't read all of them. I was introduced to that universe shortly after the George Floyd travesty, starting in the middle with "Night Watch", and it's tops. It can stand alone - but you WANT to see how Sam got to where he was, and where he goes after!
Daily reading: Continued a few more short chapters of Human.4. Things are going sideways, and we're on the last "tape" (cassette)...

Daily question: Nerdmom mentioned the Discworld stories for much the same reasons I would, but I haven't read all of them. I was introduced to that universe shortly after the George Floyd travesty, starting in the middle with "Night Watch", and it's tops. It can stand alone - but you WANT to see how Sam got to where he was, and where he goes after!
pSn2GKM.png If you like them, please Like them!
Quote:

I'd have to recommend by genre. I'm not going to go through every genre here, but for speculative fiction, PKD's Ubik is wild.

I read some poems by Mina Loy today as part of a larger project. I love her poetry and would highly recommend reading her!
Quote:

I'd have to recommend by genre. I'm not going to go through every genre here, but for speculative fiction, PKD's Ubik is wild.

I read some poems by Mina Loy today as part of a larger project. I love her poetry and would highly recommend reading her!
BoVzcWO.gif
Read more on the Cold War today, question and answer paper. Bit on Cuba, how we came close to a nuclear war?

Wings of Fire: Darkstalker
Favorite WoF book, wouldn’t recommend to kid-kids though. Lot of death in that one and dictatorship-ish thingies.
Read more on the Cold War today, question and answer paper. Bit on Cuba, how we came close to a nuclear war?

Wings of Fire: Darkstalker
Favorite WoF book, wouldn’t recommend to kid-kids though. Lot of death in that one and dictatorship-ish thingies.

o2nagQx.png
mlHpBMC.png

FObX7rS.png
EEEEE
Formally DrShadowCipher
- When using for art games please use scries of my dragons!
- Badge Addict
EEEEE T8jnlRr.jpg

Ohhhhh this is a tough one.... maybe His Majesty's Dragon: Temeraire, by Naomi Novik! It has the feel of a classic novel, with just enough action to keep a casual reader satisfied. Plus, the worldbuilding is sooooo interesting!

Daily Reading

Going to get some Hobbit pages in before I go to bed ^^

Ohhhhh this is a tough one.... maybe His Majesty's Dragon: Temeraire, by Naomi Novik! It has the feel of a classic novel, with just enough action to keep a casual reader satisfied. Plus, the worldbuilding is sooooo interesting!

Daily Reading

Going to get some Hobbit pages in before I go to bed ^^
lesbiancatcher.png
Zeph / 22 / Redwood
fc4zvun.png
mCzmQ3E.png 9.png
Continued "The S-Classes That I Raised" today! It feels very relaxing to read, heartwarming and funny. Loving the development of the various characters.

For the daily question, I don't really have a book in mind. I guess the genres I like are either too specific or dramatic.
Continued "The S-Classes That I Raised" today! It feels very relaxing to read, heartwarming and funny. Loving the development of the various characters.

For the daily question, I don't really have a book in mind. I guess the genres I like are either too specific or dramatic.
SVrf4gw.pngoO4Btix.pnghi!
daily reading
finished up dragon wing today!! i love a good burly assassin and hugh the hand is so iconic in this series.

what's a book you'd recommend to almost anyone?
oh, definitely the city and the city by china mieville. it's got MURDER it's got NIHILISM it's got NEW WEIRD WORLD-BUILDING and is paced so thrillingly even non-genre enjoyers won't realize they are caught up in a disco elysium style fever dream. i was gifted a lovely easton press signed edition of it last summer and it's my first grab in a house fire.
daily reading
finished up dragon wing today!! i love a good burly assassin and hugh the hand is so iconic in this series.

what's a book you'd recommend to almost anyone?
oh, definitely the city and the city by china mieville. it's got MURDER it's got NIHILISM it's got NEW WEIRD WORLD-BUILDING and is paced so thrillingly even non-genre enjoyers won't realize they are caught up in a disco elysium style fever dream. i was gifted a lovely easton press signed edition of it last summer and it's my first grab in a house fire.
A stick of yellow butter with blue butterfly wings. At by MythicalViper!
Daily Reading

Finally got around to reading the Encyclopedia page for Dusthides.

Hmmm, that is a difficult question. I don't normally recommend books so I'd have to say The Hobbit.
Daily Reading

Finally got around to reading the Encyclopedia page for Dusthides.

Hmmm, that is a difficult question. I don't normally recommend books so I'd have to say The Hobbit.
1 2 ... 72 73 74 75 76 ... 85 86