Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Light Sprite be EXPENSIVE
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
[quote name="Hol" date="2024-04-25 07:13:09" ] [quote]I personally would get bored of playing if there weren't big, rare collection goals to work towards.[/quote] This. A lot of people enjoy having a ridiculously expensive item to go after, player retention is important. [/quote] Light sprites—and y1 items in general—aren’t the only big ticket items on FR. G1s, low digits, special IDs, and lineage dragons can all cost thousands of gems (and sometimes equal to a light sprite in price). If items are your thing, there’s always eggs and UMAs—with 130kg I’m pretty certain you could commission a custom UMA and/or host a mass-hatch. Edit: Also RIP at ugly rabbit. The light sprite is actually my favorite of the bunch, I love their bunny ears.
Hol wrote on 2024-04-25 07:13:09:
Quote:
I personally would get bored of playing if there weren't big, rare collection goals to work towards.

This. A lot of people enjoy having a ridiculously expensive item to go after, player retention is important.
Light sprites—and y1 items in general—aren’t the only big ticket items on FR. G1s, low digits, special IDs, and lineage dragons can all cost thousands of gems (and sometimes equal to a light sprite in price). If items are your thing, there’s always eggs and UMAs—with 130kg I’m pretty certain you could commission a custom UMA and/or host a mass-hatch.

Edit: Also RIP at ugly rabbit. The light sprite is actually my favorite of the bunch, I love their bunny ears.
- G1s for sale
- LF any combo of abyss, copper, spruce and other dream g1s
yep, they keep on going up, i think when i started saving for them it was around 70kg but then i gave up when it got to 90kg because it was inflating too fast for me to even THINK about getting there
yep, they keep on going up, i think when i started saving for them it was around 70kg but then i gave up when it got to 90kg because it was inflating too fast for me to even THINK about getting there
IxetaBl.pngPcIGNKw.pngbprUbRF.png
OeRHGjw.png
Maybe its because I've only just bought a light sprite at 130kg but I honestly think fr should have items that are expensive. There are kickstarter familiars I'm never going to buy because they are so much more expensive and finding a seller is going to be next to impossible, it just doesnt seem worth it! And I'm okay with this! I plan on collecting as many familiars as I can feasibly get and accepting that some are out of my reach. Sometimes things can be out of reach for most people playing the game, this isnt a personal slight and I really dont think its something devs should try and "fix".

Dont get me wrong I think the light sprite is massively overpriced when you consider the other sprite costs and I wouldnt mind if it naturally depreciated in value to something like 50kg but I liked the goal of the high price as something to work towards! By having more expensive items it means players who earn more gems actually have items and goals to work towards. I'm still saving up gems to get the rest of my achievable familiars and its a significant part of why I put so much time and effort into fr today!
Maybe its because I've only just bought a light sprite at 130kg but I honestly think fr should have items that are expensive. There are kickstarter familiars I'm never going to buy because they are so much more expensive and finding a seller is going to be next to impossible, it just doesnt seem worth it! And I'm okay with this! I plan on collecting as many familiars as I can feasibly get and accepting that some are out of my reach. Sometimes things can be out of reach for most people playing the game, this isnt a personal slight and I really dont think its something devs should try and "fix".

Dont get me wrong I think the light sprite is massively overpriced when you consider the other sprite costs and I wouldnt mind if it naturally depreciated in value to something like 50kg but I liked the goal of the high price as something to work towards! By having more expensive items it means players who earn more gems actually have items and goals to work towards. I'm still saving up gems to get the rest of my achievable familiars and its a significant part of why I put so much time and effort into fr today!
owleics.gif
The light sprite has always been expensive. If my memory serves me, it was almost 10kg when I joined in September 2013. It doesn't bother me they're so expensive, but it would be nice if Fiona had the ability to lock one or two of the slots so we could bond with retired familiars easier.
The light sprite has always been expensive. If my memory serves me, it was almost 10kg when I joined in September 2013. It doesn't bother me they're so expensive, but it would be nice if Fiona had the ability to lock one or two of the slots so we could bond with retired familiars easier.
FR+1 - I will host nests for free, just ask/PM!
Make sure to copy/paste my name to ensure I will get your ping!
[quote name="Hol" date="2024-04-25 07:13:09" ] [quote]I personally would get bored of playing if there weren't big, rare collection goals to work towards.[/quote] This. A lot of people enjoy having a ridiculously expensive item to go after, player retention is important. [/quote]
Hol wrote on 2024-04-25 07:13:09:
Quote:
I personally would get bored of playing if there weren't big, rare collection goals to work towards.

This. A lot of people enjoy having a ridiculously expensive item to go after, player retention is important.
4-B914-C97-9-A3-C-4320-A974-68-DF5-EF7-B715.png
[quote name="ArchnarQwibQwib" date="2024-04-25 10:35:50" ] [...] it would be nice if Fiona had the ability to lock one or two of the slots so we could bond with retired familiars easier. [/quote] This is actually a very good idea that I absolutely support.
ArchnarQwibQwib wrote on 2024-04-25 10:35:50:
[...] it would be nice if Fiona had the ability to lock one or two of the slots so we could bond with retired familiars easier.
This is actually a very good idea that I absolutely support.
Your Friendly Neighbor
he / him | artist | +9h to FR time

> Elemental Dragons
> Travel Log
> Free Adoptable Bases
Ayz7edx.png
[quote name="Yarrow" date="2024-04-25 11:55:40" ] [quote name="ArchnarQwibQwib" date="2024-04-25 10:35:50" ] [...] it would be nice if Fiona had the ability to lock one or two of the slots so we could bond with retired familiars easier. [/quote] This is actually a very good idea that I absolutely support. [/quote] fiona prioritizes unawakened and unowned familiars anyway i support the sprites getting re-released because i hate the extent of the gouging (cmon! the cog frog exists!) [emoji=skull size=1]
Yarrow wrote on 2024-04-25 11:55:40:
ArchnarQwibQwib wrote on 2024-04-25 10:35:50:
[...] it would be nice if Fiona had the ability to lock one or two of the slots so we could bond with retired familiars easier.
This is actually a very good idea that I absolutely support.
fiona prioritizes unawakened and unowned familiars

anyway
i support the sprites getting re-released because i hate the extent of the gouging (cmon! the cog frog exists!)

NN9NPXA.png
P9aWhak.png
OxagJgG.png
WKtl2lb.png
haxorus.gif

t3kr0g.png
I do think ridiculously expensive items are important for collectors because its like.. incentive and player retention and 'goals' that aren't easily won and highly prized!
but I also think that ridiculously expensive == very, very difficult, and thats good, but once they hit impossible it becomes something else entirely and a potential source of frustration.

light sprites are in dwindling supply; if I understand right, even should they appear in roundsy here and there, surely the rate at which they do so is less than the rate they're disappearing via accounts that have them going on indefinite hiatuses, no? if that is true, eventually, they will effectively be gone (?! I'd say like imp scrolls but apparently one went for did I read that right?! 22k worth of g---)

effectively impossible~~

is where I think something like a super rare drop rate might be considered. the mere idea of it might tank the prices, though, as the guaranteed scarcity would be diminished, people willing to fork out 150kg might instead decide to play the long game and be patient and wait for a better deal instead of fearing that if they wait any longer it'll just go even higher, etc.

So I digress! I submit that its a complicated thing indeed and I'm sure there's a lot of factors I'm not considering!
I do think ridiculously expensive items are important for collectors because its like.. incentive and player retention and 'goals' that aren't easily won and highly prized!
but I also think that ridiculously expensive == very, very difficult, and thats good, but once they hit impossible it becomes something else entirely and a potential source of frustration.

light sprites are in dwindling supply; if I understand right, even should they appear in roundsy here and there, surely the rate at which they do so is less than the rate they're disappearing via accounts that have them going on indefinite hiatuses, no? if that is true, eventually, they will effectively be gone (?! I'd say like imp scrolls but apparently one went for did I read that right?! 22k worth of g---)

effectively impossible~~

is where I think something like a super rare drop rate might be considered. the mere idea of it might tank the prices, though, as the guaranteed scarcity would be diminished, people willing to fork out 150kg might instead decide to play the long game and be patient and wait for a better deal instead of fearing that if they wait any longer it'll just go even higher, etc.

So I digress! I submit that its a complicated thing indeed and I'm sure there's a lot of factors I'm not considering!
I love that this topic came up the day I finally bought one.

Yes, they are ridiculous expensive, but now I know it's doable and I had a lot of fun grinding fodder for years to afford it. Maybe I'll try for a bone fiend next.

Yes, they are ridiculous expensive, but now I know it's doable and I had a lot of fun grinding fodder for years to afford it. Maybe I'll try for a bone fiend next.
[quote name="Wildthyme" date="2024-04-25 13:01:45" ] I love that this topic came up the day I finally bought one. Yes, they are ridiculous expensive, but now I know it's doable and I had a lot of fun grinding fodder for years to afford it. Maybe I'll try for a bone fiend next. [/quote] Congrats! It's a big achievement to work towards and very rewarding when you finally do get it Ofc mine is names after this guy: [img]https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/spyro/images/c/cd/Moneybags.png[/img]
Wildthyme wrote on 2024-04-25 13:01:45:

Congrats!

It's a big achievement to work towards and very rewarding when you finally do get it

Ofc mine is names after this guy:
Moneybags.png
sBdLZtA.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9