Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | one tiny thing you'd change about fr?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[size=2]this is the smallest hill to die on but [img]https://i.imgur.com/7sZ2hFM.png[/img] SWAP THE BUTTONS. in my mind, a yes/accept button is always to the right or at the very least, highlighted. except on FR, where the button both highlighted AND on the right is the cancel button. the amount of times i've come back to the cauldron and realized i didn't put anything in it drives me up the wall. it's so unnatural to me and i will never get used to it. [/size]
this is the smallest hill to die on but

7sZ2hFM.png

SWAP THE BUTTONS. in my mind, a yes/accept button is always to the right or at the very least, highlighted. except on FR, where the button both highlighted AND on the right is the cancel button. the amount of times i've come back to the cauldron and realized i didn't put anything in it drives me up the wall.

it's so unnatural to me and i will never get used to it.
JWcyLdR.gif
I feel like this has probably been said already, but a way to search AH skins and accents by artist or by festival would make me very pleased.
I feel like this has probably been said already, but a way to search AH skins and accents by artist or by festival would make me very pleased.
Interested in Lore?
Come to the Silent Crow Outpost & Inn

Got a traveler to send through the Tangled Wood? Want to do business with the best of the worst? Maybe your ambassador just wants a fling and a new story in their bio? Look no further.
I'm always interested in lore exchanges and lore connections. I often sell lore dragons and will write custom bios if bribed lightly.
[quote name="Auraboas" date="2024-04-22 17:32:38" ] Commas in treasure/gem amounts. Opening the vault and seeing a string of numbers without any commas to help separate makes it difficult to immediately tell how much is in there [/quote] Yup. [b]For my wish:[/b] In-site gem-to-treasure conversion and vice versa. Would save me from social anxiety <-<
Auraboas wrote on 2024-04-22 17:32:38:
Commas in treasure/gem amounts.

Opening the vault and seeing a string of numbers without any commas to help separate makes it difficult to immediately tell how much is in there

Yup.

For my wish: In-site gem-to-treasure conversion and vice versa.
Would save me from social anxiety <-<
A bottle of Dasani (water)
Please drink water.

Step away if things get heated.
tan and sand are two of my favorite colors onsite so i totally feel you on both of those lol. i've figured out over the years that beige doesn't have any similarly-spelled colors and is right below both tan/sand on the color wheel so i always type beige when i want to select either of those :'D

i wish there was a keyboard control for 'next battle' in the coli though! it's lowkey annoying to keep my hand on the mouse just for that one step...
also why can't we sort our bestiaries by 'awakened but not owned' T_T i can never remember which sprites i don't own lmao
tan and sand are two of my favorite colors onsite so i totally feel you on both of those lol. i've figured out over the years that beige doesn't have any similarly-spelled colors and is right below both tan/sand on the color wheel so i always type beige when i want to select either of those :'D

i wish there was a keyboard control for 'next battle' in the coli though! it's lowkey annoying to keep my hand on the mouse just for that one step...
also why can't we sort our bestiaries by 'awakened but not owned' T_T i can never remember which sprites i don't own lmao
~~~~~~~
my naym is eef
and wen its day
and wen the ywen
is gonne awaye
and all the cats
hav gonn desyrt
i lye on ground
i eet the dirt
~ a vertical line that looks like the side of a speech bubblea pixel of a stone/beige/brown tundra wearing dark cloth and various jewelry
[quote name="arawoods" date="2024-04-22 13:52:59" ] ... if you don't know, on all of the selection bars you can just type out what you want and it will jump to that. which is great and so helpful! except with these two. every time I want to jump to tan, I type tan and then it jumps to tangerine instead ... [/quote] No WAY am I just learning this! I thought you could only type the first letter and it just skips to each instance of a word starting with that letter. This is an absolute game changer. I had been scrolling (manually dragging the scroller with a trackpad mind you) to find each colour this whole time D: thank you for pointing this out. I don't even mind the tan/tangerine issue now, but I suppose it would make sense to change. ..Also yes, changes to fairground payouts and commas in currency values would be much appreciated.
arawoods wrote on 2024-04-22 13:52:59:

if you don't know, on all of the selection bars you can just type out what you want and it will jump to that. which is great and so helpful! except with these two. every time I want to jump to tan, I type tan and then it jumps to tangerine instead

No WAY am I just learning this! I thought you could only type the first letter and it just skips to each instance of a word starting with that letter. This is an absolute game changer. I had been scrolling (manually dragging the scroller with a trackpad mind you) to find each colour this whole time D: thank you for pointing this out. I don't even mind the tan/tangerine issue now, but I suppose it would make sense to change.

..Also yes, changes to fairground payouts and commas in currency values would be much appreciated.
FObX7rS.png
Commans in currency, exact match word search, search function in Private Message, ability to view messages in cancelled Crossroads, select multiple scries and outfits at once to delete them all.
Commans in currency, exact match word search, search function in Private Message, ability to view messages in cancelled Crossroads, select multiple scries and outfits at once to delete them all.
[quote name="arawoods" date="2024-04-22 13:52:59" ] if you don't know, on all of the selection bars you can just type out what you want and it will jump to that. which is great and so helpful! except with these two. every time I want to jump to tan, I type tan and then it jumps to tangerine instead [/quote] If you type T-A, it jumps to tangerine. But if you type T-A-N, it jumps to tan. And if you type T-A-N-G, it jumps back to tangerine. Same with gold/goldenrod, at least for me
if you don't know, on all of the selection bars you can just type out what you want and it will jump to that. which is great and so helpful! except with these two. every time I want to jump to tan, I type tan and then it jumps to tangerine instead

If you type T-A, it jumps to tangerine. But if you type T-A-N, it jumps to tan. And if you type T-A-N-G, it jumps back to tangerine. Same with gold/goldenrod, at least for me
[quote name="JackalopShepherd" date="2024-04-25 07:01:00" ] [quote name="arawoods" date="2024-04-22 13:52:59" ] if you don't know, on all of the selection bars you can just type out what you want and it will jump to that. which is great and so helpful! except with these two. every time I want to jump to tan, I type tan and then it jumps to tangerine instead [/quote] If you type T-A, it jumps to tangerine. But if you type T-A-N, it jumps to tan. And if you type T-A-N-G, it jumps back to tangerine. Same with gold/goldenrod, at least for me [/quote] for me it jumps to tangerine even with TAN actually? but I just realized after it jumps to tangerine, if I click off and back into the menu and type TAN, it jumps to tan next! so that's great actually and it's no longer so annoying :D
JackalopShepherd wrote on 2024-04-25 07:01:00:

If you type T-A, it jumps to tangerine. But if you type T-A-N, it jumps to tan. And if you type T-A-N-G, it jumps back to tangerine. Same with gold/goldenrod, at least for me

for me it jumps to tangerine even with TAN actually?

but I just realized after it jumps to tangerine, if I click off and back into the menu and type TAN, it jumps to tan next! so that's great actually and it's no longer so annoying :D
~~~~ hello ^^ ~~~~
ara - 21 - she/any
pings and messages
always welcome :)
-
hh5n4WA.pngmlHpBMC.png
tqGkHih.png0XHtpWy.png
P4eo1Gw.png

---
Accent: petals of violet
500g/kt each
exact match word search would be SUCH a good one, that's the main one i run into on like a semi-frequent basis, with dragon search, AH search, hoard search, color search.... yeah.

searching for items in CRs/PAs would also be very helpful :,3

i also agree with adjusting fairgrounds payouts--not raising the limit at all (would destroy the economy) but at least bumping up the payouts in tidal trouble a bit ;w; i dont miss having to play it for hours, but i do miss it being my main fairgrounds game haha....
exact match word search would be SUCH a good one, that's the main one i run into on like a semi-frequent basis, with dragon search, AH search, hoard search, color search.... yeah.

searching for items in CRs/PAs would also be very helpful :,3

i also agree with adjusting fairgrounds payouts--not raising the limit at all (would destroy the economy) but at least bumping up the payouts in tidal trouble a bit ;w; i dont miss having to play it for hours, but i do miss it being my main fairgrounds game haha....
ePOliyb.pngHdmxfuE.pngWTRVHVo.png
1vAtYxM.pngsh5xjiu.pngpcUL48u.png
PRICTGJ.pngVDqpTLf.pngmtHAEL4.png
cdqdRxL.png5Tw56Ex.png
YMPbu9R.png
While reading the thread, I thought there wasn't anything I would really wanna change, there are plenty of small quality of life features that could be helpful, but I don't really feel that strongly about them, and then- [quote name="Oraanu" date="2024-04-22 17:07:38" ] I just wish that when you clicked a person's avatar dragon in the forums it would take you to that specific dragon's profile instead of the user's clan page. [/quote] I would really like this, actually ! Some avatars really make me curious and make me wanna see the whole dragon, but it can get hard to find them in the user's lair, especially if it's big. I think there's a way to get the dragon ID with the link (?) but just clicking on it and being taken to its page would be really cool ^^
While reading the thread, I thought there wasn't anything I would really wanna change, there are plenty of small quality of life features that could be helpful, but I don't really feel that strongly about them, and then-
Oraanu wrote on 2024-04-22 17:07:38:
I just wish that when you clicked a person's avatar dragon in the forums it would take you to that specific dragon's profile instead of the user's clan page.

I would really like this, actually ! Some avatars really make me curious and make me wanna see the whole dragon, but it can get hard to find them in the user's lair, especially if it's big. I think there's a way to get the dragon ID with the link (?) but just clicking on it and being taken to its page would be really cool ^^
tumblr_inline_pawby3qPs91rbjkvp_540.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7