Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Wingless ancient next
1 2
I love both the ideas above of sailfish sails and turtle shells.
I love both the ideas above of sailfish sails and turtle shells.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
I definitely want a wingless breed, but I have to admit I don’t know if the next two Ancient breeds (Light and Wind) are the best candidates for that

If there’s a wingless Wind breed in the works, like the Windsinger himself, that’s great, but I’m ALSO in favor of a Wind dragon that has SO MANY WINGS, and I couldn’t be mad if that’s what we were getting

Similarly, I’m hoping for the Light Ancient to be a biblically accurate angelic abomination, which would probably work best with at LEAST one set of wings, though I can definitely see the argument for “features/appendages that are not wings but are colored by the Secondary”

In essence, I want them both to be pretty mold-breaking (honestly I can see the Wind Ancient being something with lots of wings and no legs, for example), and I want the wingless design to be as well-used as possible, which may or may not fit with the next upcoming breeds
I definitely want a wingless breed, but I have to admit I don’t know if the next two Ancient breeds (Light and Wind) are the best candidates for that

If there’s a wingless Wind breed in the works, like the Windsinger himself, that’s great, but I’m ALSO in favor of a Wind dragon that has SO MANY WINGS, and I couldn’t be mad if that’s what we were getting

Similarly, I’m hoping for the Light Ancient to be a biblically accurate angelic abomination, which would probably work best with at LEAST one set of wings, though I can definitely see the argument for “features/appendages that are not wings but are colored by the Secondary”

In essence, I want them both to be pretty mold-breaking (honestly I can see the Wind Ancient being something with lots of wings and no legs, for example), and I want the wingless design to be as well-used as possible, which may or may not fit with the next upcoming breeds
Please
Please
62a28eab19423fd06c81c0b57758ea57b3848a75.png
42d22711d27254841bd07f96db6eb09fe438054c.png
Huge support. I would love a [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qilin]qilin[/url] inspired dragon, personally! The secondary could easily display on just the mane :> [img]https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0513/1170/6291/files/Qilin_Dragon.jpg[/img] [img]https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjAExKldBORCJpZJYmqwj5iKyc0qNgq1uPa5twb9eEISfyCuJJa5p50AqdhXLTZDyGa6B8TniV4Lr33ON2njpdOoSCx5B1ZMCMpTy8adKux1F82JwjylLIWJvpfzd3VZJ6LXsQaEWzDppY/s1600/qilin_wip_sketch.jpg[/img]
Huge support. I would love a qilin inspired dragon, personally! The secondary could easily display on just the mane :>

Qilin_Dragon.jpg

qilin_wip_sketch.jpg
60F6OKB.png
///
» FAQ
» Skins
» Icon Dragon
[quote name="Churrell" date="2024-04-23 08:12:37" ] I definitely want a wingless breed, but I have to admit I don’t know if the next two Ancient breeds (Light and Wind) are the best candidates for that If there’s a wingless Wind breed in the works, like the Windsinger himself, that’s great, but I’m ALSO in favor of a Wind dragon that has SO MANY WINGS, and I couldn’t be mad if that’s what we were getting Similarly, I’m hoping for the Light Ancient to be a biblically accurate angelic abomination, which would probably work best with at LEAST one set of wings, though I can definitely see the argument for “features/appendages that are not wings but are colored by the Secondary” In essence, I want them both to be pretty mold-breaking (honestly I can see the Wind Ancient being something with lots of wings and no legs, for example), and I want the wingless design to be as well-used as possible, which may or may not fit with the next upcoming breeds [/quote] Yes, this. I would love another wingless Ancient eventually, but I feel like asking the artists to forego whatever vision they have to focus [i]exclusively[/i] on wingless designs traps them in as much (or more) of a box as people keep saying they are in now [i]with[/i] wings. I'd much rather express interest in the design concept in general and let it happen more naturally rather than putting pressure on the artists to not include wings for a [i]specific[/i] Ancient.
Churrell wrote on 2024-04-23 08:12:37:

Yes, this. I would love another wingless Ancient eventually, but I feel like asking the artists to forego whatever vision they have to focus exclusively on wingless designs traps them in as much (or more) of a box as people keep saying they are in now with wings. I'd much rather express interest in the design concept in general and let it happen more naturally rather than putting pressure on the artists to not include wings for a specific Ancient.
I want something wild and wacky <3 give me a horse dragon with no wings or limbs, just worm horse or something,,,,I don't care what we're given as long as it's not something that fits into the mold of the modern breeds,,,,
I want something wild and wacky <3 give me a horse dragon with no wings or limbs, just worm horse or something,,,,I don't care what we're given as long as it's not something that fits into the mold of the modern breeds,,,,
< PREORDER FOR 850G!!! i need to pay off the skin blueprint guys please MONTY
he/it/veil
adhdtism
skincent shop
93641105.png
Yes pleasem. I've gone over a few times how it can be done (mane, stegosaurus plates, a true spinosaurus sail, plated armour, shell, cobra hood/large head fins, if you were really super crazy you could even do another multi-head dragon where each side of the body displays either entirely the primary or the secondary but that seems like a very wild idea for staffs standards) so it'd be nice to see them do it just once! Once is all I truly ask for, one single guy who's just a weirdo.
And Snurges don't count. If the majority of players don't realize your dragon isn't a normal dragon (as in don't realize it technically breaks the typical design standard), then that is not it babes.
Yes pleasem. I've gone over a few times how it can be done (mane, stegosaurus plates, a true spinosaurus sail, plated armour, shell, cobra hood/large head fins, if you were really super crazy you could even do another multi-head dragon where each side of the body displays either entirely the primary or the secondary but that seems like a very wild idea for staffs standards) so it'd be nice to see them do it just once! Once is all I truly ask for, one single guy who's just a weirdo.
And Snurges don't count. If the majority of players don't realize your dragon isn't a normal dragon (as in don't realize it technically breaks the typical design standard), then that is not it babes.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
I like sandsurges, so sure, support from me! Something like a turtle-dragon, a nian, drake or perhaps a hydra could be fun! I am most fond of ideas involving plating, shells or large frills / fins.

I am very happy having wings too, though, the idea of a turtle dragon with tiny wings is hilarious to me.
I like sandsurges, so sure, support from me! Something like a turtle-dragon, a nian, drake or perhaps a hydra could be fun! I am most fond of ideas involving plating, shells or large frills / fins.

I am very happy having wings too, though, the idea of a turtle dragon with tiny wings is hilarious to me.
rI2B9a8.png
yess, give me a shell back or a giant mane or something
yess, give me a shell back or a giant mane or something
oaolHwW.png
Al1BEGR.png
JvUa9ma.png
xjB7OSe.png
BzjAkuF.png
a69iToJ.png
79991902.png 33016095.png 88027890.png 81385343.png
1 2