Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Advise for after breeding project
1 2
I just finished a breeding project after around a year and a half ( this is her if you wanna see!) of doing it and I'm not sure what to do with the parents and grandparents of her. It kinda feels wrong to give them up, or at the very least give them to someone who will exalt them. I'm not sure. But really I wanna know what other people do?
I just finished a breeding project after around a year and a half ( this is her if you wanna see!) of doing it and I'm not sure what to do with the parents and grandparents of her. It kinda feels wrong to give them up, or at the very least give them to someone who will exalt them. I'm not sure. But really I wanna know what other people do?
draw the cat eyes sharp enough to kill a man.
I exalt mine, since they've fulfilled their purpose and can go on with their other goals: which are, coincidentally, my Deity's goals.

In the end it's up to you, the only way to ensure no one exalts them is to hold on to them forever
I exalt mine, since they've fulfilled their purpose and can go on with their other goals: which are, coincidentally, my Deity's goals.

In the end it's up to you, the only way to ensure no one exalts them is to hold on to them forever
zbfZPyc.png

Coliseum drop rates are ridiculous and ingame economy is not worth forcing people to mindlessly grind
personally, I shove them in my adoptions tab for a while, until I need to clear them out, OR if I can scry them into something I like, I keep em.

my current icon is actually a breeding project parent of the latter category; I thought his colors were neat so I kept him on, and in the end he looks nothing like his daughter so I didnt feel like I was stacking up duplicates or anything.

and in the former case, I have actually adopted out a couple former breeding project parents, either for keeps or other breeding projects. but if it gets to be long enough/I feel like the palette is replicable without them, I'll exalt the parents myself. it makes me a little sad sometimes but such is life
personally, I shove them in my adoptions tab for a while, until I need to clear them out, OR if I can scry them into something I like, I keep em.

my current icon is actually a breeding project parent of the latter category; I thought his colors were neat so I kept him on, and in the end he looks nothing like his daughter so I didnt feel like I was stacking up duplicates or anything.

and in the former case, I have actually adopted out a couple former breeding project parents, either for keeps or other breeding projects. but if it gets to be long enough/I feel like the palette is replicable without them, I'll exalt the parents myself. it makes me a little sad sometimes but such is life
KHUgIpL.gif sMnKARY.png fK5z2eq.gif
I exalt the parents of my goal hatches myself. I don't want to risk the parents being sold and renamed to something I don't want, then I'd be stuck with seeing a possibly undesirable name on my goal hatchling's page. [emoji=old parchment size=1]
I exalt the parents of my goal hatches myself. I don't want to risk the parents being sold and renamed to something I don't want, then I'd be stuck with seeing a possibly undesirable name on my goal hatchling's page.
:LTB Boolean:
:YCH/Art Shop:
:Selling IDs:
For Sale,
G1s
71424715.png92781547.png91722205.png91717482.png
I exalt mine. Though, I only do breeding projects for fun and all of my non-G1s eventually get exalted anyway, so I'm not too attached to them in the first place.

If you don't really want to keep them, but want to keep them "in the clan" so to speak, perhaps you could just exalt them yourself? This way they will be out of the game and free up space for you, but still remain attached to your account.
I exalt mine. Though, I only do breeding projects for fun and all of my non-G1s eventually get exalted anyway, so I'm not too attached to them in the first place.

If you don't really want to keep them, but want to keep them "in the clan" so to speak, perhaps you could just exalt them yourself? This way they will be out of the game and free up space for you, but still remain attached to your account.
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
i exalt mine typically, but if they're a color combo i particularly like, i'll sometimes scry them and turn them into a new project!
i exalt mine typically, but if they're a color combo i particularly like, i'll sometimes scry them and turn them into a new project!
7979e7990c935401ea870817577cea0a6aea04da.png
experience the feeling of being "bited." // bio // hatchery
It depends on the nature of the project. Most of my pairs get exalted. If it's a matchy Plague-themed pair, I might keep them as a fodder pair. There's also two cases where I liked a parent enough to keep them, but that typically relies on them looking pretty different to the project goal.
It depends on the nature of the project. Most of my pairs get exalted. If it's a matchy Plague-themed pair, I might keep them as a fodder pair. There's also two cases where I liked a parent enough to keep them, but that typically relies on them looking pretty different to the project goal.
I usually exalt, but sometimes I'll keep the parents for my hatchery. Depends on how I vibe with the non-goal hatchies.
I usually exalt, but sometimes I'll keep the parents for my hatchery. Depends on how I vibe with the non-goal hatchies.
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

I pretty much always exalt. I've sold some if a nester from another flight wanted to keep em after I got the hatchling, but exalting is pretty much their entire future in my lair.
wUPafb6.png
RGeeKht.pngdeathseeker_caw_inv_zpsxpt2usp7.gif
It varies. If I was looking for a singular outcome most likely they will either follow the project reject siblings by sitting on the AH for a little while and then be exalted or if I like looking at them I'll breed them occasionally for fodder.

But for one huge project it took many generations and years, because it started after the color wheel expansion, I needed multiple lines of dragons so I could have potential pairs, and I still need new dragons with the same colors, so I kept a few of the closest pairs. I use them to breed nests and nests of fodder when I need a few more dragons of this combination, because they feel the initial run of the project took years, why should getting another hatchling of the right colors be any faster?
It varies. If I was looking for a singular outcome most likely they will either follow the project reject siblings by sitting on the AH for a little while and then be exalted or if I like looking at them I'll breed them occasionally for fodder.

But for one huge project it took many generations and years, because it started after the color wheel expansion, I needed multiple lines of dragons so I could have potential pairs, and I still need new dragons with the same colors, so I kept a few of the closest pairs. I use them to breed nests and nests of fodder when I need a few more dragons of this combination, because they feel the initial run of the project took years, why should getting another hatchling of the right colors be any faster?
LvA Contribution
1 2