Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Sexual Dimorphism in Future Breeds
1 2 3
i agree! i love dimorphism and really hope that we get more of it in the future, especially with ancients
i agree! i love dimorphism and really hope that we get more of it in the future, especially with ancients
9YmzAZz.png
6YtLZau.png
LRdLP2V.png
ACOZFAh.png
kE8PZoU.png
8732-DEFC-0882-405-A-A1-FC-A7-F406-FC25-B0.gifjt3PpxV.pngqo188r4.png
WKtl2lb.png
VjdktqS.png
FObX7rS.png
LardsEd.png
YMPbu9R.png
I actually don't like this idea. It's interesting, yes, but if it's different enough, then having a male vs female dragon would be like having a different dragon entirely. I personally don't like when there are differences in the male vs the female dragons. It lets me enjoy the two poses a little more
I actually don't like this idea. It's interesting, yes, but if it's different enough, then having a male vs female dragon would be like having a different dragon entirely. I personally don't like when there are differences in the male vs the female dragons. It lets me enjoy the two poses a little more
nMFIkFl.jpeg
No support from me. I enjoy that the differences come from the particular breeds, and that sexual dimorphism is kept minimal
No support from me. I enjoy that the differences come from the particular breeds, and that sexual dimorphism is kept minimal
sBdLZtA.png
Dimorphism is cool.

But please nothing like the anglerfish where one sex is so different it looks and functions like a completely different species. (Especially if it implies something like anglerfish biology. Eugh. Poor males.)
Dimorphism is cool.

But please nothing like the anglerfish where one sex is so different it looks and functions like a completely different species. (Especially if it implies something like anglerfish biology. Eugh. Poor males.)
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
The eldritch horror birds with normal spouses are my favourite kind of sexual dimorphism, I can't figure out how that would work for dergs, but I confess I am curious...
The eldritch horror birds with normal spouses are my favourite kind of sexual dimorphism, I can't figure out how that would work for dergs, but I confess I am curious...
OTXJQ9a.png

the Vanguard
~
pings are OFF
pm me!
B92AFED0-9B7C-485C-8C3A-AA5FBAB5D7D8.png 8SzUkvf.png 1550190777019.png
I would really love to see some extreme dimorphism ! Right now, the "genders" are pretty much just "here's a guy standing... and here is the same guy sitting down" and that's okay for a few breeds, but I'd love to see dragons that look very different from one another despite belonging to the same "breed".

If it's extreme enough, it would be like getting two new breeds for the price of one, which is neat ! You would double your chances of getting a design that you love !
I would really love to see some extreme dimorphism ! Right now, the "genders" are pretty much just "here's a guy standing... and here is the same guy sitting down" and that's okay for a few breeds, but I'd love to see dragons that look very different from one another despite belonging to the same "breed".

If it's extreme enough, it would be like getting two new breeds for the price of one, which is neat ! You would double your chances of getting a design that you love !
tumblr_inline_pawby3qPs91rbjkvp_540.png
[quote name="Doglover287915" date="2024-04-21 23:19:33" ] For dimorphism, I would prefer that any more extreme examples would be moderns as then people who would want say the massive one yet not the tiny one at least have the option of using another breed. If it was an ancient then users are locked into having a dragon they don't like or using 400 gems. [/quote] If you plan to breed the dragon, you mean? I had to read this a few times to parse it :P
Doglover287915 wrote on 2024-04-21 23:19:33:
For dimorphism, I would prefer that any more extreme examples would be moderns as then people who would want say the massive one yet not the tiny one at least have the option of using another breed.

If it was an ancient then users are locked into having a dragon they don't like or using 400 gems.

If you plan to breed the dragon, you mean? I had to read this a few times to parse it :P
yes please! give me something crazy!
yes please! give me something crazy!
oaolHwW.png
Al1BEGR.png
JvUa9ma.png
xjB7OSe.png
BzjAkuF.png
a69iToJ.png
79991902.png 33016095.png 88027890.png 81385343.png
Full support! I've been thinking more and more about how I miss the obvious dimorphism of older breeds that made each pose feel special or unique in certain ways. It made each species feel more enriching to have different characteristics between poses.
Full support! I've been thinking more and more about how I miss the obvious dimorphism of older breeds that made each pose feel special or unique in certain ways. It made each species feel more enriching to have different characteristics between poses.
massive support. i’ve been a birdwatcher most of my life and would LOVE some gaudy male bird type dragons. come on, dimorphic wind ancient.

would particularly love to see something like a peacock or grouse - game bird dimorphism is WILD - but that’s just my personal thing
massive support. i’ve been a birdwatcher most of my life and would LOVE some gaudy male bird type dragons. come on, dimorphic wind ancient.

would particularly love to see something like a peacock or grouse - game bird dimorphism is WILD - but that’s just my personal thing
61808682.png 62036853.png
KwxLkEj.pngpZJYyk4.pngkCHWEjf.png
JMBy38q.pngEE2umbT.pngcv7JulL.png
1 2 3