Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Poetry Lovers Mafia Game Thread
1 2 ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 127
[quote][quote name="@Storia" date="2024-04-20 08:30:43" ] [b]regarding SQ i have no opinion,[/b] imo at least she played the same like when she was actually town, idk why she thinks im scum just bc tangle townreads me even she thinks tangle is scum im the most obvious town there is, im offended if yall cant see it /j [B]but also poe wise very likely she is maf[/b] so who knows maybe im just wrong i have been very wrong many times this game [emoji=aether sleepy size=1] [/quote] Can you reword this?[/quote] I think you missed this. [quote=@Leremis]EmbertheSkywing - [b]neutral ???[/b] - has been quieter than me and that's saying something. [b]says i didn't explain my shiny vote but i did.[/b] hasn't really said a whole lot beyond admitting to stealing art's thing. but stealing arts alignment seems more like an amne thing to do but i don't feel like writing it off[/quote] To clarify, I said I didn't find any [I]other[/I] reason why you voted for Shiny other than that people were jumping onto that wagon.
Quote:
@Storia wrote on 2024-04-20 08:30:43:
regarding SQ i have no opinion, imo at least she played the same like when she was actually town, idk why she thinks im scum just bc tangle townreads me even she thinks tangle is scum

im the most obvious town there is, im offended if yall cant see it /j

but also poe wise very likely she is maf so who knows maybe im just wrong i have been very wrong many times this game

Can you reword this?

I think you missed this.

@Leremis wrote:
EmbertheSkywing - neutral ??? - has been quieter than me and that's saying something. says i didn't explain my shiny vote but i did. hasn't really said a whole lot beyond admitting to stealing art's thing. but stealing arts alignment seems more like an amne thing to do but i don't feel like writing it off

To clarify, I said I didn't find any other reason why you voted for Shiny other than that people were jumping onto that wagon.
tumblr_osyumbq9JU1v8lm95o3_100.gifjXBxdgJ.pngfire.pngx0CMhAc.pngtumblr_osyumbq9JU1v8lm95o4_100.gif
[quote name="LostLuminary" date="2024-04-22 10:40:26" ] I’m not caught up because I’m at work, but Starwindrider has been messaging me and told me that we should roleclaim now. I said that I knew softsylveon was town in a roundabout way, but that wasn’t quite true. I found put in a very simple and straightforward way because my active is to investigate a player each night. I learn their alignment and abilities — assuming softsylveon hasn’t shared yet, I can describe her abilities to prove this. Last night I tried to investigate SpiderQueen8, but I didn’t get any information about abilities or alignment. I’m assuming that they had either some kind of general protection or someone was suspicious of me specifically. From Starwindrider: I give permission to Lost to post this on my behalf. Passive: If someone visits me, the frequency at which they can use their active abilities will be altered in a way. I don't decide how it's altered. I think this passive is due to my poem which is about seasons and regular patterns, so those who visit me are similarly restricted to using their abilities based on specific patterns. Active: Every night, I prevent someone from using their active ability. Doesn't count for mafia/3p factional kills. N1 I blocked natsinabucket (because I didn't like how they did the Shiny vote), N2 I blocked Leremis (one of my 3 mafia leaning suspects). I'm not sure how you all judge such abilities, but I'm aware that you may be thinking I'm mafia because of my active ability. From what I can tell, Storia (who is largely accepted to be town) has the countereffect to my ability, but I don't think she's mafia because of this. I'm not sure why 2 towns will have counteracting abilities, but that is truthfully what is on my rolecard. My rolecard says town and gave me this active ability, I do not lie. [/quote] hm. interesting. assuming this is true i have no idea why you weren't able to check spider last night... i'd guess mafia roleblocker but i don't know why they'd go for you if they didn't know your ability which it seems like only star did? but then leremis backed up the roleblock claim so if star's mafia and did roleblock you maybe they're a team but then she voted for star??? augh okay after typing that paragraph i rechecked the rolecards of the dead players that were revealed just for a point of reference and a few interesting things 1) two players (at least. not counting hotpants who is ???) have a roleblocking ability of some sort already (storm could roleblock if someone accurately ability claimed during the day and book had a one-shot protect + roleblock on lover) 2) the two sk 3p rolecards state that when investigated they'll show up as the same alignment as the player investigating them which is interesting to me because it leaves the possibility for a maf investigative role open this is all making my head hurt but overall i don't feel like this claim completely lines up and even if it's honest there's still a chance one or both of those abilities could belong to mafia. going to place a vote on star for now but i'll be on until eotd
LostLuminary wrote on 2024-04-22 10:40:26:
I’m not caught up because I’m at work, but Starwindrider has been messaging me and told me that we should roleclaim now.

I said that I knew softsylveon was town in a roundabout way, but that wasn’t quite true. I found put in a very simple and straightforward way because my active is to investigate a player each night. I learn their alignment and abilities — assuming softsylveon hasn’t shared yet, I can describe her abilities to prove this. Last night I tried to investigate SpiderQueen8, but I didn’t get any information about abilities or alignment. I’m assuming that they had either some kind of general protection or someone was suspicious of me specifically.

From Starwindrider:

I give permission to Lost to post this on my behalf.

Passive: If someone visits me, the frequency at which they can use their active abilities will be altered in a way. I don't decide how it's altered. I think this passive is due to my poem which is about seasons and regular patterns, so those who visit me are similarly restricted to using their abilities based on specific patterns.

Active: Every night, I prevent someone from using their active ability. Doesn't count for mafia/3p factional kills. N1 I blocked natsinabucket (because I didn't like how they did the Shiny vote), N2 I blocked Leremis (one of my 3 mafia leaning suspects).

I'm not sure how you all judge such abilities, but I'm aware that you may be thinking I'm mafia because of my active ability. From what I can tell, Storia (who is largely accepted to be town) has the countereffect to my ability, but I don't think she's mafia because of this. I'm not sure why 2 towns will have counteracting abilities, but that is truthfully what is on my rolecard. My rolecard says town and gave me this active ability, I do not lie.
hm. interesting. assuming this is true i have no idea why you weren't able to check spider last night... i'd guess mafia roleblocker but i don't know why they'd go for you if they didn't know your ability which it seems like only star did? but then leremis backed up the roleblock claim so if star's mafia and did roleblock you maybe they're a team but then she voted for star??? augh

okay after typing that paragraph i rechecked the rolecards of the dead players that were revealed just for a point of reference and a few interesting things
1) two players (at least. not counting hotpants who is ???) have a roleblocking ability of some sort already (storm could roleblock if someone accurately ability claimed during the day and book had a one-shot protect + roleblock on lover)
2) the two sk 3p rolecards state that when investigated they'll show up as the same alignment as the player investigating them which is interesting to me because it leaves the possibility for a maf investigative role open

this is all making my head hurt but overall i don't feel like this claim completely lines up and even if it's honest there's still a chance one or both of those abilities could belong to mafia. going to place a vote on star for now but i'll be on until eotd
harvest - he/she/it/any pronouns - fr+0
oh also it just occurred to me that if i had a town investigative ability and didn't know my lover's alignment the first thing i would do was make sure they weren't mafia so the choice to check someone else instead is a little strange to me
oh also it just occurred to me that if i had a town investigative ability and didn't know my lover's alignment the first thing i would do was make sure they weren't mafia so the choice to check someone else instead is a little strange to me
[quote name="autumnseas" date="2024-04-22 15:30:17" ] oh also it just occurred to me that if i had a town investigative ability and didn't know my lover's alignment the first thing i would do was make sure they weren't mafia so the choice to check someone else instead is a little strange to me [/quote] They're both new to this, there's the chance it just. Didn't occur to them?
autumnseas wrote on 2024-04-22 15:30:17:

They're both new to this, there's the chance it just. Didn't occur to them?
My Storia iso is taking me longer than I thought it would, so I don't think I will finish it in time.

I’m going to be honest: I’m more inclined to vote Leremis, but the game being on MELO is making me uneasy. Most of the votes are on Spider, and I doubt she's likely to be maf. I don't feel great about Lost, so consider my vote for Star a vote for her.
My Storia iso is taking me longer than I thought it would, so I don't think I will finish it in time.

I’m going to be honest: I’m more inclined to vote Leremis, but the game being on MELO is making me uneasy. Most of the votes are on Spider, and I doubt she's likely to be maf. I don't feel great about Lost, so consider my vote for Star a vote for her.
tumblr_osyumbq9JU1v8lm95o3_100.gifjXBxdgJ.pngfire.pngx0CMhAc.pngtumblr_osyumbq9JU1v8lm95o4_100.gif
Damn, looks like I'm still being voted out. It got close but unless a miracle happens I think Harvest and I just die here? At which point, a successful protect or if town can shoot a m/m pair at night will be the only way we don't lose I assume.

Sorry town for looking incredibly suspicious at the end there but I swear I was just trying to argue for what I thought ^-^;
Damn, looks like I'm still being voted out. It got close but unless a miracle happens I think Harvest and I just die here? At which point, a successful protect or if town can shoot a m/m pair at night will be the only way we don't lose I assume.

Sorry town for looking incredibly suspicious at the end there but I swear I was just trying to argue for what I thought ^-^;
ca4nyRv.png
YE53boy.png
gzlHZ53.png
DxCICZ1.png
LohCDcp.png v886aA7.png UYXZLyE.png
iJZWqi6.png

uPNWHgD.png
KRcB6uC.png
SK9eeYM.png
On the "would they know" bit, I did kinda claim it with the roundabout thing. B00kworm had described it as a soft investigative claim earlier.

softsylveon is kinda right. I didn't check Starwindrider mostly because she was my lover and her vibes in the chat were really good, so I didn't think about it. We always seemed to already be on the pretty much same page about who to investigate/roleblock I didn't ever feel the need to check her. I'll be honest, I did get a bit worried tonight, but leremis did confirm the block.

Right now, it looks like the two options are SpiderQueen8 or Starwindrider. Between the two, I'll vote SpiderQueen8. I'm certainly willing to check Star if I survive.
On the "would they know" bit, I did kinda claim it with the roundabout thing. B00kworm had described it as a soft investigative claim earlier.

softsylveon is kinda right. I didn't check Starwindrider mostly because she was my lover and her vibes in the chat were really good, so I didn't think about it. We always seemed to already be on the pretty much same page about who to investigate/roleblock I didn't ever feel the need to check her. I'll be honest, I did get a bit worried tonight, but leremis did confirm the block.

Right now, it looks like the two options are SpiderQueen8 or Starwindrider. Between the two, I'll vote SpiderQueen8. I'm certainly willing to check Star if I survive.
I'm anxious about this, but... hopefully we are right. And if not, we still have the night to try and fix it.
I'm anxious about this, but... hopefully we are right. And if not, we still have the night to try and fix it.
In case Tangle and I die: I made my choice night 2, and have been playing accordingly. This should make sense to Lost, and should make sense if I die and yall see my rolecard
In case Tangle and I die: I made my choice night 2, and have been playing accordingly. This should make sense to Lost, and should make sense if I die and yall see my rolecard
[quote name="softsylveon" date="2024-04-22 17:47:35" ] In case Tangle and I die: I made my choice night 2, and have been playing accordingly. This should make sense to Lost, and should make sense if I die and yall see my rolecard [/quote] this is so ominous it doesn't look like there's anything we can do to save ourselves now... good luck to town i hope you can somehow pull through overnight o7
softsylveon wrote on 2024-04-22 17:47:35:
this is so ominous

it doesn't look like there's anything we can do to save ourselves now... good luck to town i hope you can somehow pull through overnight o7
1 2 ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 127