Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Mobile Runestones Seizure Risk
I wanted to do Runestones on my tablet today to knock out a daily, but on doing so I found that uh... as a consequence of being 11 years old it really doesn't interact well with mobile devices it seems. I've linked a video below of the problem, but please, don't view it if you have any risk of seizure, because as someone who normally isn't affected by flashing, it does get to me a bit. It appears that whenever you try to press a runestone, it selects the entire element for a brief second before it actually goes through, leading to a blue flash on every interaction with the game. I imagine something like this is also the reason why the responsiveness is so poor. https://drive.google.com/file/d/18TL10sduPdUaDyLc8mUWbM7EgNyJhMih/view?usp=sharing I'm sure this is just because of the age of the game and how design at the time just didn't really take mobile devices into account. I'm sure it's also not the easiest to fix, but I wanted to flag it anyway as something to look into so nobody gets hurt [emoji=heart] The device in question is a OnePlus Pad using Android 14 and Vivaldi 6.6.3291.89.
I wanted to do Runestones on my tablet today to knock out a daily, but on doing so I found that uh... as a consequence of being 11 years old it really doesn't interact well with mobile devices it seems.

I've linked a video below of the problem, but please, don't view it if you have any risk of seizure, because as someone who normally isn't affected by flashing, it does get to me a bit.

It appears that whenever you try to press a runestone, it selects the entire element for a brief second before it actually goes through, leading to a blue flash on every interaction with the game. I imagine something like this is also the reason why the responsiveness is so poor.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18TL10sduPdUaDyLc8mUWbM7EgNyJhMih/view?usp=sharing

I'm sure this is just because of the age of the game and how design at the time just didn't really take mobile devices into account. I'm sure it's also not the easiest to fix, but I wanted to flag it anyway as something to look into so nobody gets hurt

The device in question is a OnePlus Pad using Android 14 and Vivaldi 6.6.3291.89.
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
Hi @Tserin, thank you for your report and the information about your device! I've already notified both engineering and production to this thread and your concerns.

In the meantime, if anyone else is experiencing this or has experienced it—please don't go back to check it if it causes you problems!—can you tell us a little bit about the system it happened on?
  • Device type
  • Device OS & OS version
  • Browser & browser version
  • Connection (school wifi, data, home wifi, etc)
  • Anti-virus or anti-maleware programs

Thank you!
Hi @Tserin, thank you for your report and the information about your device! I've already notified both engineering and production to this thread and your concerns.

In the meantime, if anyone else is experiencing this or has experienced it—please don't go back to check it if it causes you problems!—can you tell us a little bit about the system it happened on?
  • Device type
  • Device OS & OS version
  • Browser & browser version
  • Connection (school wifi, data, home wifi, etc)
  • Anti-virus or anti-maleware programs

Thank you!
Hello @Tserin,
We have deployed a change to Runestones that we hope may fix the blue overlay that is occurring when you tap on the game. Let me know if it improves things for you. Thanks!
Hello @Tserin,
We have deployed a change to Runestones that we hope may fix the blue overlay that is occurring when you tap on the game. Let me know if it improves things for you. Thanks!
Flight Rising Engineering Team

Flight Rising Knowledge Base
Flight Rising Rules & Policies
@Mutron
That fixed it for me, thanks for such a quick update!
@Mutron
That fixed it for me, thanks for such a quick update!
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!