Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [WATERDOM] Library in the Sky [CLOSED]
1 2 ... 53 54 55 56 57 ... 85 86
[center][size=6][font=cochin][i][b]April 22[/b][/i][/font][/size] [b]Question:[/b] Have you ever been in a book club? [b]Badge:[/b] [img]https://i.imgur.com/cQ3xDJS.png[/img] [code="code"] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3329166/1#post_56574175][img]https://i.imgur.com/cQ3xDJS.png[/img][/url] [/code] @pinglist-26304 [pinglist=26304]
April 22

Question:
Have you ever been in a book club?
Badge:
cQ3xDJS.png

Code:
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3329166/1#post_56574175][img]https://i.imgur.com/cQ3xDJS.png[/img][/url]

@Library in the Sky Dailies
Na5WGHa.png

Nope! I was tempted to join my old universities book club but chickened out and never worked up the courage to go. I also don't really want to restrict myself to the clubs book if I'm not feeling it?

Daily Reading

Did about 10 minutes of reading, not sure where this book is going but I like the vivid descriptions! (Big Swiss)

Nope! I was tempted to join my old universities book club but chickened out and never worked up the courage to go. I also don't really want to restrict myself to the clubs book if I'm not feeling it?

Daily Reading

Did about 10 minutes of reading, not sure where this book is going but I like the vivid descriptions! (Big Swiss)
ytkEBod.png
mtHAEL4.png
56yqAPu.png
rUoKR6y.png
7UXlQKU.gif
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
uruhi7S.png
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Today I read… Letters From the Exalted here on FR!

QOTD book club - just my kid and I said we were one, but dogs in space and Clawde the evil dictator cat was better than anything grown-ups could come up with! XD
Today I read… Letters From the Exalted here on FR!

QOTD book club - just my kid and I said we were one, but dogs in space and Clawde the evil dictator cat was better than anything grown-ups could come up with! XD
Three Nature eggs with pale yellow sprouting tops sitting on a gold-lined leaf bed against a green background. 3XiDjku.pngeVbH4fs.pngBreed Out the Basic

The only book club I was in was the kind where you sign up for books to be sent to you randomly monthly. Ages ago I was signed up for Harlequin Romance where you get 4 books a month, throw away books good for work breaks or on a plane, by the pool etc. And I had signed up for Stephen King's hardback books, which I eventually gave away. =3 No real discussion groups.

Quote of the Day

“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.”

At the Mountains of Madness by H.P. Lovecraft

The only book club I was in was the kind where you sign up for books to be sent to you randomly monthly. Ages ago I was signed up for Harlequin Romance where you get 4 books a month, throw away books good for work breaks or on a plane, by the pool etc. And I had signed up for Stephen King's hardback books, which I eventually gave away. =3 No real discussion groups.

Quote of the Day

“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.”

At the Mountains of Madness by H.P. Lovecraft
22ywPUF.png Ao7i1jI.png TSLAPe2.gifUXRaoCb.png6OIh6CV.pngVod89n8.pngMGIo0DJ.gifs7d0V1v.png 2oKWxc3.png

Nope! Always wanted to join one, but I just end up overthinking it and not actually joining any.

Daily reading

Finished The Salt Path. It’s a very interesting book, but probably wouldn’t read it again. Mostly because I don’t tend to re-read non-fiction books.

Nope! Always wanted to join one, but I just end up overthinking it and not actually joining any.

Daily reading

Finished The Salt Path. It’s a very interesting book, but probably wouldn’t read it again. Mostly because I don’t tend to re-read non-fiction books.
Split screen today, reading fanfic about firefighters fighting fires while grinding coli

Monday - Have you ever been in a book club?

Nope! I like the idea of doing discussion/analysis on books I've read and enjoyed, but I don't like the idea of reading something I've never picked up on my own just to talk about it in book club, so. (shrug)
Split screen today, reading fanfic about firefighters fighting fires while grinding coli

Monday - Have you ever been in a book club?

Nope! I like the idea of doing discussion/analysis on books I've read and enjoyed, but I don't like the idea of reading something I've never picked up on my own just to talk about it in book club, so. (shrug)
cloudbear familiar adopt (links to free resource)why does align right not work fit fit fit fit fit okHobbes dragon plushie (links to breeding pairs)
[quote]Have you ever been in a book club?[/quote] Not by that name, but my MA in English felt like a giant book club, haha. I read [i]The Television Code: Regulating the Screen to Safeguard the Industry[/i] (2018) by Deborah L. Jaramillo yesterday. Wow, that was a ride I wasn't expecting. Long story short: Americans have always been really weird and moralizing about what is on TV, and the television industry up until the 1960s hoped it could be self-regulated (oh boy that didn't work). There's a larger thesis here about television's instructive role in crafting future and current US citizenry but I feel like that teeter too close to the TOS :)
Quote:

Not by that name, but my MA in English felt like a giant book club, haha.

I read The Television Code: Regulating the Screen to Safeguard the Industry (2018) by
Deborah L. Jaramillo yesterday. Wow, that was a ride I wasn't expecting. Long story short: Americans have always been really weird and moralizing about what is on TV, and the television industry up until the 1960s hoped it could be self-regulated (oh boy that didn't work). There's a larger thesis here about television's instructive role in crafting future and current US citizenry but I feel like that teeter too close to the TOS :)
BoVzcWO.gif
Daily Reading:
Read the latest webtoon update of Flawed Almighty by Carnaby Kim & RH Song. This episode made me cry LOL on top of that the series finale is next week :')

Question: Have you ever been in a book club?
No, I'm not really interested enough in discussion but who knows maybe I'll change my mind and give one a shot someday :)
Daily Reading:
Read the latest webtoon update of Flawed Almighty by Carnaby Kim & RH Song. This episode made me cry LOL on top of that the series finale is next week :')

Question: Have you ever been in a book club?
No, I'm not really interested enough in discussion but who knows maybe I'll change my mind and give one a shot someday :)
63b167364c0a2dbaf2a03351a1066bc8cada7354.pngfcaa2c7b37d017521beff538d86b130409b73d6e.png21d0293ce4fcfad679fd6be05ccf743215e58ae7.png99d350e6cd84e02c223da178bc712b62b709f489.png
Daily reading: Today I reread a fanfiction I wrote, to look out for mistakes and add things.

Question of the day: I have never been in a book club, but I would have really wanted to. I would still love to, tbh, but I can't seem to find any here where I live. ;;
Daily reading: Today I reread a fanfiction I wrote, to look out for mistakes and add things.

Question of the day: I have never been in a book club, but I would have really wanted to. I would still love to, tbh, but I can't seem to find any here where I live. ;;
Lightning-Network.png
[b]Daily reading[/b] Today I read my library book I've been inadvertently putting off: [i]Robo Sapiens - Tales of Tomorrow[/i] by Toranosuke Shimada. It was interesting as a futuristic sci-fi and has unique art! It takes place over multiple periods in the far future and it was very interesting to see certain themes and characters appear in each period. No quote to put here, though. All the really stunning moments were visually striking panels :) [b]Daily question: Have you ever been in a book club?[/b] Book clubs can be really good or really frustrating >_< My current club, Voyagers, is made up of my close friends and, while it initially worked out well, we began to realize just how different our tastes in books are...Now we're considering doing a more casual thing, like we pick a general theme and read a book we each think ties to that theme. That way nobody has to be frustrated about being assigned a book they're uninterested in [emoji=tundra happy size=2]
Daily reading
Today I read my library book I've been inadvertently putting off: Robo Sapiens - Tales of Tomorrow by Toranosuke Shimada. It was interesting as a futuristic sci-fi and has unique art! It takes place over multiple periods in the far future and it was very interesting to see certain themes and characters appear in each period. No quote to put here, though. All the really stunning moments were visually striking panels :)

Daily question: Have you ever been in a book club?
Book clubs can be really good or really frustrating >_< My current club, Voyagers, is made up of my close friends and, while it initially worked out well, we began to realize just how different our tastes in books are...Now we're considering doing a more casual thing, like we pick a general theme and read a book we each think ties to that theme. That way nobody has to be frustrated about being assigned a book they're uninterested in
......................... tumblr_inline_mlln9e2VE81qz4rgp.png
S P O O K
acolyte of the icewarden
fr+3 • gaoler lover
tumblr_inline_mlln9hTsyE1qz4rgp.png
1 2 ... 53 54 55 56 57 ... 85 86