Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What.
so my friend @Requacy and I were talking about a potential light ancient... and Req brought up the fact that that imperials will not bury their dead near eachother. I wasn't entirely familiar with the idea (though it makes sense), so I ran over to the encyclopedia and came across something I wasn't expecting..

"these dangerous opponents are one of the few creatures that may draw the gods from their shrines and onto a battlefield."

... few. few.

is "few" alluding to something unbeknownst to us? considering few usually means something between three and several, it sounds like there's something out there that may be just as dangerous- or even more so- than the mindless undead amalgamations that emperors are, and the shade.

Anyways, Req and I ran with the idea of an eldritch deity that is unbeknownst to the modern era, discovered (or even worshiped) by some sects of ancient light dragons, and wanted to share our discoveries since I personally haven't seen anyone bring this bit of lore up!
so my friend @Requacy and I were talking about a potential light ancient... and Req brought up the fact that that imperials will not bury their dead near eachother. I wasn't entirely familiar with the idea (though it makes sense), so I ran over to the encyclopedia and came across something I wasn't expecting..

"these dangerous opponents are one of the few creatures that may draw the gods from their shrines and onto a battlefield."

... few. few.

is "few" alluding to something unbeknownst to us? considering few usually means something between three and several, it sounds like there's something out there that may be just as dangerous- or even more so- than the mindless undead amalgamations that emperors are, and the shade.

Anyways, Req and I ran with the idea of an eldritch deity that is unbeknownst to the modern era, discovered (or even worshiped) by some sects of ancient light dragons, and wanted to share our discoveries since I personally haven't seen anyone bring this bit of lore up!
bopkvX7.png6uOrxEk.pnglPoxjfq.pngI90HedT.png4BDFKZ4.png
"Few" is what scares me because, well, Emperors and the Shade count as two. They could've said "one of the two creatures," but no. They said a few. So.... what's lurking on Sornieth that could intimidate the Eleven?
"Few" is what scares me because, well, Emperors and the Shade count as two. They could've said "one of the two creatures," but no. They said a few. So.... what's lurking on Sornieth that could intimidate the Eleven?
Call me Requacy (Pinging Allowed!)(Note to self: Make art for signature)
Okay okay okay, so. Imagine its some big big strong ancient beast, yea. All of the eleven come together to fight it. They can't, it's too strong. But all of the sudden, the beast rolls over. Is it... dead? No, its purring. Atop its stomach, giving it a good scratch, stands none other than Fiona.

Long live the beast tamer.
Okay okay okay, so. Imagine its some big big strong ancient beast, yea. All of the eleven come together to fight it. They can't, it's too strong. But all of the sudden, the beast rolls over. Is it... dead? No, its purring. Atop its stomach, giving it a good scratch, stands none other than Fiona.

Long live the beast tamer.
Jd88XNq.png
sh5xjiu.pngQwz7flm.png
ZKQ6ohh.pngtNgQJvM.pngDgV9RW4.png
gNKHrxH.png1bSJVgF.pngbYt72YT.png
FBhgews.png9qLrp5W.pngRWhZ0Cq.pngaef8eafda28aee269865ab582e14a312ac4c2f3c.png6e97a552d6cb288faaaf054be66db8a44c0e78e9.pngQk0VB5d.png
im guessing one of these bad boys, if grown to significant size [item=Terror Toad] like, theyre extradimensional monstrosities, so im thinking other things of that nature. like once one of these becomes huge enough to cause mass destruction its just gonna keep eating and getting bigger so I imagine the deities will want to stomp it out before it just keeps snowballing
im guessing one of these bad boys, if grown to significant size
Terror Toad

like, theyre extradimensional monstrosities, so im thinking other things of that nature. like once one of these becomes huge enough to cause mass destruction its just gonna keep eating and getting bigger so I imagine the deities will want to stomp it out before it just keeps snowballing
KHUgIpL.gif sMnKARY.png fK5z2eq.gif
Well, we know that there are some dangerous creatures that the Ice Flight has locked up for centuries now. Perhaps some of them were enough of a threat to draw out deities before they were finally subdued (within a solid wall of ice)?
Well, we know that there are some dangerous creatures that the Ice Flight has locked up for centuries now. Perhaps some of them were enough of a threat to draw out deities before they were finally subdued (within a solid wall of ice)?
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
[quote name="Zenzic" date="2024-04-21 13:27:07" ] Well, we know that there are some dangerous creatures that the Ice Flight has locked up for centuries now. Perhaps some of them were enough of a threat to draw out deities before they were finally subdued (within a solid wall of ice)? [/quote] This seems like a fair assumption - if Icewarden saw fit to make his first dragons be dedicated solely to the containment of Shade beasts, he must have already dealt with a number who concerned him greatly and frozen them himself, before deciding he needed more hands to take over the job as well as keep guard.
Zenzic wrote on 2024-04-21 13:27:07:

This seems like a fair assumption - if Icewarden saw fit to make his first dragons be dedicated solely to the containment of Shade beasts, he must have already dealt with a number who concerned him greatly and frozen them himself, before deciding he needed more hands to take over the job as well as keep guard.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
...the shade?
literally the shade though

shade touched mutants are a thing i think

what were undertides created to do again?
...the shade?
literally the shade though

shade touched mutants are a thing i think

what were undertides created to do again?

NN9NPXA.png
P9aWhak.png
OxagJgG.png
WKtl2lb.png
haxorus.gif

t3kr0g.png
Godzilla, perhaps?

If multi-headed emperors could be seen as an analog to King Ghidorah, for all we know the Eleven come out every so often to wage large-scale kaiju battles
Godzilla, perhaps?

If multi-headed emperors could be seen as an analog to King Ghidorah, for all we know the Eleven come out every so often to wage large-scale kaiju battles
Hey, friendly reminder to drink water, stretch, and take a short break if you can. Stay healthy! Also, don't forget about any chores or tasks you might be putting off.