Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | do people not like veilspun? :o
1 2 3 4 5 6
They're the 2nd most popular Ancient on site actually (only after Gaolers), which is very impressive considering they're a gem breed

I like them, the design is unique and the lore is interesting, though I'll agree they're overdue for a gene expansion
They're the 2nd most popular Ancient on site actually (only after Gaolers), which is very impressive considering they're a gem breed

I like them, the design is unique and the lore is interesting, though I'll agree they're overdue for a gene expansion
sBdLZtA.png
Personally I love the males, but the female pose is waaay too awkward.
Personally I love the males, but the female pose is waaay too awkward.
Hail Derek and hope for the best!
C41-B82-D4-74-CF-41-F7-82-B0-DDEF5-B909503.gif C41-B82-D4-74-CF-41-F7-82-B0-DDEF5-B909503.gif C41-B82-D4-74-CF-41-F7-82-B0-DDEF5-B909503.gif
yeah ive seen many people over the years say veils are unpopular for some reason?? anyways i love them, but i wish their wings were bigger or they had more along their body like spirals, bc i cannot imagine them flying with such a long body and such tiny wings. and the long hair on top of that! but ive always been weird about dragon flight mechanics lol
yeah ive seen many people over the years say veils are unpopular for some reason?? anyways i love them, but i wish their wings were bigger or they had more along their body like spirals, bc i cannot imagine them flying with such a long body and such tiny wings. and the long hair on top of that! but ive always been weird about dragon flight mechanics lol
34816.pngH
* zeph
* they/them
* +3 fr time
* accent shop

I love veils...but I am a g1 lair and they are expensive to scroll, so I don't have anywhere near as many as I would like. They have one of my absolute favorite gene sets Shell/Web too and despite lots of people requesting it that set hasn't been added for any other breeds yet. Which stinks. I would use shell/web on so many dragons if it didn't need a gem scroll to make them veils first.
I love veils...but I am a g1 lair and they are expensive to scroll, so I don't have anywhere near as many as I would like. They have one of my absolute favorite gene sets Shell/Web too and despite lots of people requesting it that set hasn't been added for any other breeds yet. Which stinks. I would use shell/web on so many dragons if it didn't need a gem scroll to make them veils first.
Pretty much what everyone else has said, they're too expensive when those lightning shark headed dragons cost the same amount and have better genes
Pretty much what everyone else has said, they're too expensive when those lightning shark headed dragons cost the same amount and have better genes
dNCLmdm.png u Spreadsheet Enthusiast u My tools website
u Wishlist u CC Free Bio Resources
u My suggestions u Offsite Tools Masterlist
-
- Please pick dragons from my hibden for forum games! -
I subscribe to every thread I make.
[quote name="kinservant" date="2024-04-20 13:57:30" ] ... when i saw people saying they disliked veils in the dusthide threads i was surprised! what's up with those things. what's to dislike about them... i'm curious... [/quote] I'm fairly certain that if other users were talking about "Veils" in Dusthide threads, they were likely talking about the Tertiary gene. Dusties got a tert called "Veil" and it's a pair of droopy fins hanging from their heads and haunches. It's a gene that's hit or miss depending on the colors and pose of the dragon. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=5&bodygene=0&breed=25&element=4&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=148&tertgene=296&winggene=0&wings=5&auth=bc1a45fe2f2f7263d251d67362e87833ba812010&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Veilspun are still a fairly popular ancient. I wouldn't be surprised if they are in the top 3 of popular ancients. I find them a bit hard to gene, but that's just because they have less genes than other ancients. That and the hair. They need more genes that actually change the color of their hair.
kinservant wrote on 2024-04-20 13:57:30:
... when i saw people saying they disliked veils in the dusthide threads i was surprised! what's up with those things. what's to dislike about them... i'm curious...

I'm fairly certain that if other users were talking about "Veils" in Dusthide threads, they were likely talking about the Tertiary gene. Dusties got a tert called "Veil" and it's a pair of droopy fins hanging from their heads and haunches. It's a gene that's hit or miss depending on the colors and pose of the dragon.

dragon?age=1&body=5&bodygene=0&breed=25&element=4&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=148&tertgene=296&winggene=0&wings=5&auth=bc1a45fe2f2f7263d251d67362e87833ba812010&dummyext=prev.png

Veilspun are still a fairly popular ancient. I wouldn't be surprised if they are in the top 3 of popular ancients. I find them a bit hard to gene, but that's just because they have less genes than other ancients. That and the hair. They need more genes that actually change the color of their hair.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0
teardrop_owlynx.png
1 2 3 4
Zarteicha
FR +3 [] She / They

tqGkHih.png
SEIqIGe.png
jI9KbMj.png
[quote name="Windows95" date="2024-04-20 17:55:22" ] i cannot imagine them flying with such a long body and such tiny wings. and the long hair on top of that! but ive always been weird about dragon flight mechanics lol [/quote] (bee movie script voice) According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a Veilspun should be able to fly. Its wings are too small to get its long noodle body off the ground. The Veil, of c
Windows95 wrote on 2024-04-20 17:55:22:
i cannot imagine them flying with such a long body and such tiny wings. and the long hair on top of that! but ive always been weird about dragon flight mechanics lol

(bee movie script voice) According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a Veilspun should be able to fly. Its wings are too small to get its long noodle body off the ground. The Veil, of c
I actually like them a lot! Imo the design is really good (that hair! [emoji=fae love size=1]) and I find the "fairy" aesthetic really interesting on a dragon. I also like both poses quite a but, which doesn't always happen to me. My biggest issue is that they don't have many genes (but the ones they have are gorgeous!). Most pretty veils I see on the AH end up looking very similar, there isn't much variety. If they had more genes I'd probably have more in my lair, so I'm hoping for an expansion someday!
I actually like them a lot! Imo the design is really good (that hair! ) and I find the "fairy" aesthetic really interesting on a dragon. I also like both poses quite a but, which doesn't always happen to me.

My biggest issue is that they don't have many genes (but the ones they have are gorgeous!). Most pretty veils I see on the AH end up looking very similar, there isn't much variety. If they had more genes I'd probably have more in my lair, so I'm hoping for an expansion someday!
dT9HQge.png
jgeciGJ.png
qjxrAwx.png
mlHpBMC.png
lAvpyOQ.png
oEGalah.png
evIwcId.png qQhOrop.png
Hello, since no one else is a veil hater here I’ll step up /lh

I definitely think veil is actually an extremely well-liked and popular breed. I don’t notice a lot of discourse around them tbh.

I personally find them a lil boring pose/expression wise. While i definitely think they’re beautifully designed. They’re the kind of beautiful that I don’t really connect with.

They just seem… too pretty y’know? There’s nothing charmingly flawed about them they’re just very nice to look at.

They do have the best ancient breed exclusive genes tho. I really wanted web and shell to be ported, they’re literally the best gene and should go on every dragon imo.
Hello, since no one else is a veil hater here I’ll step up /lh

I definitely think veil is actually an extremely well-liked and popular breed. I don’t notice a lot of discourse around them tbh.

I personally find them a lil boring pose/expression wise. While i definitely think they’re beautifully designed. They’re the kind of beautiful that I don’t really connect with.

They just seem… too pretty y’know? There’s nothing charmingly flawed about them they’re just very nice to look at.

They do have the best ancient breed exclusive genes tho. I really wanted web and shell to be ported, they’re literally the best gene and should go on every dragon imo.
wqnTQE2.png Adult Player | They/them | 3+ FR Time | Student
G1 WCs for Sale
I just find that their facial expressions are hard to read.
I’m more drawn to dragons whose poses have a more dynamic/interesting expression or have visible eyes.
I just find that their facial expressions are hard to read.
I’m more drawn to dragons whose poses have a more dynamic/interesting expression or have visible eyes.
wqnTQE2.png Adult Player | They/them | 3+ FR Time | Student
G1 WCs for Sale
1 2 3 4 5 6