Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Any Yuri On Ice fans wanna cry together?
1 2
So Mappa finally posted the cancellation of the Ice Ado movie. And while I figured it wasnt going to happen, seeing it still hurts. To drag it out for years is just so frustrating and anger inducing and I cant help but wonder if they would have done anything without the extra attention that got brought to it from that DouLingo post. Or if they would have just let us in limbo and hope we forgot about it.

Now my only hope is that they release it and allow someone else to produce something, be it the movie or season 2 or even a manga.
So Mappa finally posted the cancellation of the Ice Ado movie. And while I figured it wasnt going to happen, seeing it still hurts. To drag it out for years is just so frustrating and anger inducing and I cant help but wonder if they would have done anything without the extra attention that got brought to it from that DouLingo post. Or if they would have just let us in limbo and hope we forgot about it.

Now my only hope is that they release it and allow someone else to produce something, be it the movie or season 2 or even a manga.
3pqI1pH.png 5Si8jJK.gif
Sadly not a surprise, I really hope the series continues nevertheless.
Sadly not a surprise, I really hope the series continues nevertheless.
ytkEBod.pngJkqGYr7.pngvZmPWxA.pnga129Nss.pngAQPJNOh.png5hF3FGk.png
Don't ask me how I didn't know there was a movie in the works, but I somehow went all these years without this knowledge. So, in a sense, it doesn't hurt as bad? But, still, dang.
Don't ask me how I didn't know there was a movie in the works, but I somehow went all these years without this knowledge. So, in a sense, it doesn't hurt as bad? But, still, dang.
9iqeDz7.png
Man, it's the dragging this release for years and constant micro teasing of the project just to cancel it :/ Not surprised but damn I hoped for a release sometime in my lifetime
Man, it's the dragging this release for years and constant micro teasing of the project just to cancel it :/ Not surprised but damn I hoped for a release sometime in my lifetime
9KurPRs.pngqRRjNIN.pngZdX5GDi.png451jH1g.pngEGzfMVW.pngz0Q0BAK.pngPTVAf7u.png6bJPt0y.pngCnsM3RM.pngsY5kKzN.pnguIyVrkK.pngcedPG3i.png
lJX7Tr5.png
eq6zQ9M.png
J7D1quC.png
FObX7rS.png
i kind of guessed it was cancelled, but it stings nonetheless >_< i really dislike how MAPPA handles a lot of their franchises but this was just horrific handling. so awful, especially for a series i really love... my teenage years were defined by the anime and i met and bonded with so many people over it... i remember my highschool senior quote was literally "Born to make history." :( maybe i'll rewatch it soon and cry lol
i kind of guessed it was cancelled, but it stings nonetheless >_< i really dislike how MAPPA handles a lot of their franchises but this was just horrific handling. so awful, especially for a series i really love... my teenage years were defined by the anime and i met and bonded with so many people over it... i remember my highschool senior quote was literally "Born to make history." :( maybe i'll rewatch it soon and cry lol
ePOliyb.pngHdmxfuE.pngWTRVHVo.png
1vAtYxM.pngsh5xjiu.pngpcUL48u.png
PRICTGJ.pngVDqpTLf.pngmtHAEL4.png
cdqdRxL.png5Tw56Ex.png
YMPbu9R.png
@Romaki im assuming all the work was going into the movie and nothing into the season 2 that was also supposed to eventually come. So even though it wasnt mentioned, I doubt mappa would give us that either. Not sure its possible but giving the rights to a different company would probably be our best guess. Not getting my hope up but one can dream.

@Loniface a movie that even got a teaser trailer in..2019? Its been so long I had a hard time keeping track of the year. Supposed to be about a younger Viktor. Honestly be glad you missed it. The hype that trailer brought after so long was crazy.

@solar111s right! I think thats what makes people the most angry. Especially when it still got attention from skaters, the voice actors, mizuno... it never really died. So to have dragged it out just seems cruel. We can only hope that maybe they would give the rights to someone else but im not getting my hopes up high.

@Naegikun I thought so too and I didnt expect the news to sting that badly. But seeing it written out hurt. I wont be watching anything else mappa unless the decide to revisit something YOI. Im planning a rewatch soon too but for now im burrying myself in fanfics. lol
@Romaki im assuming all the work was going into the movie and nothing into the season 2 that was also supposed to eventually come. So even though it wasnt mentioned, I doubt mappa would give us that either. Not sure its possible but giving the rights to a different company would probably be our best guess. Not getting my hope up but one can dream.

@Loniface a movie that even got a teaser trailer in..2019? Its been so long I had a hard time keeping track of the year. Supposed to be about a younger Viktor. Honestly be glad you missed it. The hype that trailer brought after so long was crazy.

@solar111s right! I think thats what makes people the most angry. Especially when it still got attention from skaters, the voice actors, mizuno... it never really died. So to have dragged it out just seems cruel. We can only hope that maybe they would give the rights to someone else but im not getting my hopes up high.

@Naegikun I thought so too and I didnt expect the news to sting that badly. But seeing it written out hurt. I wont be watching anything else mappa unless the decide to revisit something YOI. Im planning a rewatch soon too but for now im burrying myself in fanfics. lol
3pqI1pH.png 5Si8jJK.gif
wasn't surprised, didn't think it was happening after 8 yrs, but still immensely disappointed and sad :,( mappa really fumbled the bag on the series that made them big.
wasn't surprised, didn't think it was happening after 8 yrs, but still immensely disappointed and sad :,( mappa really fumbled the bag on the series that made them big.
she | 26 | fr +2
audhd + chronically ill
tired equine nutrition student
@V4SH and didnt they use the money from YOI to fund their other big projects that are now hits? And some of the rumors that are going around now about why it got cancelled and that it had actually made it to post production before....ooo it makes me mad. Obviously we dont know if they are true but it just makes it worse considering mappa didnt really give an answer.
@V4SH and didnt they use the money from YOI to fund their other big projects that are now hits? And some of the rumors that are going around now about why it got cancelled and that it had actually made it to post production before....ooo it makes me mad. Obviously we dont know if they are true but it just makes it worse considering mappa didnt really give an answer.
3pqI1pH.png 5Si8jJK.gif
yup YOI literally got them out of the trenches. it walked so jjk could run. there are many rumors as to WHY it got cancelled, but i believe part of the reason is bc kubo left mappa, and they were working key animators like crazy when s1 was airing to get things out on time.

it def had made it post production, but i think reading between the lines is all we will ever have and all it ever has been sadly.
yup YOI literally got them out of the trenches. it walked so jjk could run. there are many rumors as to WHY it got cancelled, but i believe part of the reason is bc kubo left mappa, and they were working key animators like crazy when s1 was airing to get things out on time.

it def had made it post production, but i think reading between the lines is all we will ever have and all it ever has been sadly.
she | 26 | fr +2
audhd + chronically ill
tired equine nutrition student
When I logged into Tumblr yesterday, I was SO excited to see YOI on the trending page, only for my heart to shatter the second I saw the cancellation post [emoji=imperial sad size=2] I was obsessed with this show way back in my freshman year of HS, I remember seeing ep. 10 for the first time and geeking out with my friends over such a feat. I honestly think it was my first introduction to LGBTQ+ relationships in media, and it has a special place in my heart. So bummed we won't get any new content, I'm gonna miss the boys...
When I logged into Tumblr yesterday, I was SO excited to see YOI on the trending page, only for my heart to shatter the second I saw the cancellation post

I was obsessed with this show way back in my freshman year of HS, I remember seeing ep. 10 for the first time and geeking out with my friends over such a feat. I honestly think it was my first introduction to LGBTQ+ relationships in media, and it has a special place in my heart. So bummed we won't get any new content, I'm gonna miss the boys...
6U6lWPg.pngWRPJKhj.png
P E R E G R I N
rO50KyM.png
she/they
free giveaway

wishlist
art shop
HxP6kXi.pngqKZAaLK.png0jScwbh.pngxe4FQbY.pngDWI9puz.pngybizMWD.png7GFlGJN.pngTrnD1Pw.png
DHc3orZ.pngDHc3orZ.png
1 2