Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | Finished
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
[center]finally i got around to write something! :) i also sent some goodies over to purchase some tickets and i'd also like to get the free tickets for owning a registered Flower (Iara) + added the banner for the raffle in my signature. also hope you feel better soon and thank you for arranging this event. <3 [columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/93200515] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/932006/93200515p.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][i]Dear Carnations[/i], the letter starts. Elano had thought long and hard how to open the conversation with a being he’s never seen and who might see him as a mere mortal but dear sounded good in his mind. He calls Iara dear and she’s in his life only because of her ancestors so they shall be dear to him too then. [i]I hope this letter finds you well. This world — The Waking Plane as I’ve learned you call it — is in an unfortunate dismay so I hope the corner of the world you reside in is good and peaceful. I actually wanted to thank you. Thank you for guiding souls to their final resting place because I see them too and they deserve it. I see only glimpses, fleeting shadows that dance around me and sometimes they speak and I used to find it terrifying to be surrounded by them. But nowadays I think they’re more scared: stuck in a limbo and grasping at anyone who might sense their presence. So thank you for guiding them. I’ve felt like a ghost too because of my talent of seeing something that others didn’t. But because of you I've also found a home — can a soul find their way to the tranquility of the Beyond before dying? — and I’ve found it with your offspring, Iara. She’s a good shepard for the souls, you can be proud of her. The war has ravaged our land but Iara does her duty and even those with violent ends to their life find peace because of her. I have found peace because of her. I will gladly follow her to the Beyond and even beyond that. Wherever she shall take me after my eyes close and I join the other souls on that final journey. So thank you for her. For guiding her into this world. This soul has found his peace because of that. Love, [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/93200515]Elano[/url][/i] Elano adds dried flowers from his garden to the letter. Blue ones, red ones, brilliantly white ones and with care he tapes them on the paper. The villagers leave offerings on the altar they’ve built for Iara and she always finds the most joy when looking at the flowers they’ve left her so Elano thinks Carnations might like them too. [b]385 words[/b][/columns] * [columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/75243953] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/752440/75243953p.png[/img] [/url][nextcol]Iara had found the letter Elano had written even though her dear mate had tried to hide it. Why? Maybe because it was full of praise for her and maybe he had thought that she would talk him out of it. [i]I’m just fulfilling my purpose, I don’t need thanks for that[/i] — Iara could imagine saying it to Elano with a gentle tone even though in her heart she would feel the warmth of his words and feel pride about her reason of being and that someone would like to write about it to Carnations. So she left the letter alone and after a grueling journey through the war ravaged land, she decided to write a letter of her own. Not to her parent but to the first one: Gladioli. [i]Gladioli, please offer me guidance and strength. The place I have ended up is full of war and terror. The land is soaked in blood and the souls, oh, the souls…[/i] She lifts her quill from the paper and takes a breath. A deep, long one and she can smell the flowers in her and Elano’s garden. It soothes her. Almost as well as the low rumble of Elano, who is peacefully sleeping almost next to her. Iara breathes in the flowers and listens to her lover’s snoring and continues her writing. [i]I know my duty and I have fulfilled my part as best as I can. I guide the souls to the Beyond and I know they find their peace, but there’s just so many. I don’t understand this war. These mortal beings are so afraid of what happens after but still they throw their lives away so… So carelessly! I have stepped in and helped, but I still think I should do more. Be better, faster… Be more like you. You’re The First One and I’m ashamed to say — write — that I need strength from you. Am I on the right path? I’m at loss sometimes. Overwhelmed by the violence, doom and terror the mortals have around them. I sometimes fear it might cling to me. The despair, the horror… Mortals have big emotions and they show them and I have those too. This feeling of not doing enough, the fury I feel when I encounter souls that had so much life in them… Is it wrong to feel these things? I hope you’re not ashamed of me. I do my duty and I will do it as long as I walk these lands. I’m the shepherd of the souls and my duty is my biggest pride. My mate and the villagers, the ones who have made an altar for me for keeping them safe, give me light during these dark times but they cannot understand me in the same way as you. As another Flower. As The Elder One. Thank you in advance for sparing your time for me and I’d be eternally grateful if you decide to enlighten me and lessen the burden on my shoulders with your guidance and words. Until we meet again. In this plane or in the Beyond. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/75243953]Iara[/url][/i] [b]520 words[/b][/columns]
finally i got around to write something! :) i also sent some goodies over to purchase some tickets and i'd also like to get the free tickets for owning a registered Flower (Iara) + added the banner for the raffle in my signature. also hope you feel better soon and thank you for arranging this event. <3

93200515p.png
Dear Carnations, the letter starts. Elano had thought long and hard how to open the conversation with a being he’s never seen and who might see him as a mere mortal but dear sounded good in his mind. He calls Iara dear and she’s in his life only because of her ancestors so they shall be dear to him too then.

I hope this letter finds you well. This world — The Waking Plane as I’ve learned you call it — is in an unfortunate dismay so I hope the corner of the world you reside in is good and peaceful.

I actually wanted to thank you. Thank you for guiding souls to their final resting place because I see them too and they deserve it. I see only glimpses, fleeting shadows that dance around me and sometimes they speak and I used to find it terrifying to be surrounded by them. But nowadays I think they’re more scared: stuck in a limbo and grasping at anyone who might sense their presence. So thank you for guiding them.

I’ve felt like a ghost too because of my talent of seeing something that others didn’t. But because of you I've also found a home — can a soul find their way to the tranquility of the Beyond before dying? — and I’ve found it with your offspring, Iara. She’s a good shepard for the souls, you can be proud of her. The war has ravaged our land but Iara does her duty and even those with violent ends to their life find peace because of her. I have found peace because of her. I will gladly follow her to the Beyond and even beyond that. Wherever she shall take me after my eyes close and I join the other souls on that final journey.

So thank you for her. For guiding her into this world. This soul has found his peace because of that.

Love,
Elano

Elano adds dried flowers from his garden to the letter. Blue ones, red ones, brilliantly white ones and with care he tapes them on the paper. The villagers leave offerings on the altar they’ve built for Iara and she always finds the most joy when looking at the flowers they’ve left her so Elano thinks Carnations might like them too.
385 words

75243953p.png
Iara had found the letter Elano had written even though her dear mate had tried to hide it. Why? Maybe because it was full of praise for her and maybe he had thought that she would talk him out of it. I’m just fulfilling my purpose, I don’t need thanks for that — Iara could imagine saying it to Elano with a gentle tone even though in her heart she would feel the warmth of his words and feel pride about her reason of being and that someone would like to write about it to Carnations. So she left the letter alone and after a grueling journey through the war ravaged land, she decided to write a letter of her own. Not to her parent but to the first one: Gladioli.

Gladioli,

please offer me guidance and strength. The place I have ended up is full of war and terror. The land is soaked in blood and the souls, oh, the souls…
She lifts her quill from the paper and takes a breath. A deep, long one and she can smell the flowers in her and Elano’s garden. It soothes her. Almost as well as the low rumble of Elano, who is peacefully sleeping almost next to her. Iara breathes in the flowers and listens to her lover’s snoring and continues her writing.

I know my duty and I have fulfilled my part as best as I can. I guide the souls to the Beyond and I know they find their peace, but there’s just so many. I don’t understand this war. These mortal beings are so afraid of what happens after but still they throw their lives away so… So carelessly!

I have stepped in and helped, but I still think I should do more. Be better, faster… Be more like you. You’re The First One and I’m ashamed to say — write — that I need strength from you. Am I on the right path? I’m at loss sometimes. Overwhelmed by the violence, doom and terror the mortals have around them. I sometimes fear it might cling to me. The despair, the horror… Mortals have big emotions and they show them and I have those too. This feeling of not doing enough, the fury I feel when I encounter souls that had so much life in them… Is it wrong to feel these things?

I hope you’re not ashamed of me. I do my duty and I will do it as long as I walk these lands. I’m the shepherd of the souls and my duty is my biggest pride. My mate and the villagers, the ones who have made an altar for me for keeping them safe, give me light during these dark times but they cannot understand me in the same way as you. As another Flower. As The Elder One.

Thank you in advance for sparing your time for me and I’d be eternally grateful if you decide to enlighten me and lessen the burden on my shoulders with your guidance and words.

Until we meet again. In this plane or in the Beyond.

Iara

520 words
JrZGMGx.png
4SzSxLW.png
UqlBGwo.png
i love when tragedies are like “the love was there. it didnt change anything.
it didnt save anyone. there were just too many forces against it.
but it still matters that the love was there.”
keelah se'lai
[center] [emoji=left wing size=1]Bump #20[emoji=right wing size=1] [/center]
Bump #20

35.png

iiILKcw.png
VC0STZ4.png

35.png

@Stormbringer33

Hey! To earn tickets from bumping, you have to have purchased at least one ticket beforehand c:

If I'm getting your question correctly, yes, any kind of dragon can write a letter to someone residing in the Caves. There's no restrictions on that matter as long as it follows the rest of the rules!

And thank you! Sorry about the delay in a response, here, hopefully this cough is on its last leg now because wow, it's got all my FR stuff in such a tangle >:
@Stormbringer33

Hey! To earn tickets from bumping, you have to have purchased at least one ticket beforehand c:

If I'm getting your question correctly, yes, any kind of dragon can write a letter to someone residing in the Caves. There's no restrictions on that matter as long as it follows the rest of the rules!

And thank you! Sorry about the delay in a response, here, hopefully this cough is on its last leg now because wow, it's got all my FR stuff in such a tangle >:
___________________ 70571229.png ______
adult player | FR+9 | lore fanatic
Mourning Flowers
Clan Valhall
Tragic Tales Hatchery
Teeny Tiny Lore Shop
Oh, sorry! Sending for a ticket-
(bump 1)
Oh, sorry! Sending for a ticket-
(bump 1)
ayo12He.gif
mHQOO11.gif
hi. - a new(ish), slightly clueless player.
she/her | FR Time +3 | semi-active
mHQOO11.gif
All caught up on tickets! Thank you all for being patient with me <3
All caught up on tickets! Thank you all for being patient with me <3
Mourning Flowers
Clan Valhall
Tragic Tales Hatchery
Teeny Tiny Lore Shop
hello! bump 1 for me :)
hello! bump 1 for me :)
53548275035_c8f3cd96b1_q.jpgMKHInJR.png
@sp580s Ymr picks up the letter from Gladioli when the moon is high, shoving it into his sack without fanfare. She watches him, eyes alight in the dark, and implores him to understand with a look alone. It is an important letter, one that must reach its destination safely, and Ymr bows his head. He understands. And Ymr personally hands it over to Valhall’s fastest courier and watches as they take to the skies, braving winds and weather. The envelope that arrives at the other end of the world is simple and plain, embossed with a floral design on the front and is addressed merely to ‘[i]Mentha of the Gladekeeper’s Lands[/i]’. It is strangely cold to the touch and smells of pinesap and moss. [quote=Gladioli][i]My dearest Mentha, It was an unexpected joy to receive your letter. And I am beyond glad to hear you are well, that you have found a place for yourself in this realm and a mate to share your love with. Your friend gave you a good name; I hope you wear it well and that it continues to serve you onwards. The Graveyard speaks of you, you know. You are as much hers as you have ever been mine. I mourn the young you have had to send home, for it is no easy feat to let them go, and I hope your gardens bring you the comfort you so rightly deserve. We know enough grief as is without adding on our own. You are fortunate and I am glad to hear it. To know peace is a beautiful thing and I hope it keeps for you, that you may know it always. We, too, know peace still. Carnations have seen no unrest in the near future and the Graveyard is quiet, content. Should you ever wish to visit, dearest, you are so very welcome to. The Caves belong to all and you will always have a place here, no matter how far you go or how long you stay away; never think otherwise. I thank you for brightening my day with such kind words, to know you are safe is a relief. May the Graveyard watch over you, Gladioli [/i][/quote]
@sp580s

Ymr picks up the letter from Gladioli when the moon is high, shoving it into his sack without fanfare. She watches him, eyes alight in the dark, and implores him to understand with a look alone. It is an important letter, one that must reach its destination safely, and Ymr bows his head.

He understands. And Ymr personally hands it over to Valhall’s fastest courier and watches as they take to the skies, braving winds and weather.

The envelope that arrives at the other end of the world is simple and plain, embossed with a floral design on the front and is addressed merely to ‘Mentha of the Gladekeeper’s Lands’. It is strangely cold to the touch and smells of pinesap and moss.

Gladioli wrote:
My dearest Mentha,

It was an unexpected joy to receive your letter. And I am beyond glad to hear you are well, that you have found a place for yourself in this realm and a mate to share your love with. Your friend gave you a good name; I hope you wear it well and that it continues to serve you onwards.

The Graveyard speaks of you, you know. You are as much hers as you have ever been mine. I mourn the young you have had to send home, for it is no easy feat to let them go, and I hope your gardens bring you the comfort you so rightly deserve. We know enough grief as is without adding on our own.

You are fortunate and I am glad to hear it. To know peace is a beautiful thing and I hope it keeps for you, that you may know it always.

We, too, know peace still. Carnations have seen no unrest in the near future and the Graveyard is quiet, content. Should you ever wish to visit, dearest, you are so very welcome to. The Caves belong to all and you will always have a place here, no matter how far you go or how long you stay away; never think otherwise.

I thank you for brightening my day with such kind words, to know you are safe is a relief.

May the Graveyard watch over you,
Gladioli
Mourning Flowers
Clan Valhall
Tragic Tales Hatchery
Teeny Tiny Lore Shop
@Sakkiel

Hello! :D

If you wish to claim any tickets for bumps, please keep in mind that you must have purchased at least one ticket beforehand to do so <3
@Sakkiel

Hello! :D

If you wish to claim any tickets for bumps, please keep in mind that you must have purchased at least one ticket beforehand to do so <3
Mourning Flowers
Clan Valhall
Tragic Tales Hatchery
Teeny Tiny Lore Shop
bump (#1)
bump (#1)
JrZGMGx.png
4SzSxLW.png
UqlBGwo.png
i love when tragedies are like “the love was there. it didnt change anything.
it didnt save anyone. there were just too many forces against it.
but it still matters that the love was there.”
keelah se'lai
[center] [emoji=left wing size=1]Bump #21[emoji=right wing size=1] [/center]
Bump #21

35.png

iiILKcw.png
VC0STZ4.png

35.png

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8