Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What comes after Ancients?
1 2 3
With the release of the Dusthides, we only have 3 ancients left to be made! With how fast staff has been releasing them, we're looking to be done by the end of next year at the latest.
But the reason ancients were made in the first place was to give us faster breed and content releases. Now that we're so close to the end, I can't help but wonder what happens after them.
With the release of the Dusthides, we only have 3 ancients left to be made! With how fast staff has been releasing them, we're looking to be done by the end of next year at the latest.
But the reason ancients were made in the first place was to give us faster breed and content releases. Now that we're so close to the end, I can't help but wonder what happens after them.
i know they'll probably circle around all the flight with another set off ancients, but my personal pipe dream that im certain no one else would be as excited for as i would be is basically.. the same breed but a little different
im not talking new poses, im talking like.... undertides without wings, auraboas with front arms counting as secondary, aethers with more promenent second pair of arms, stuff like that. re-used art and everything.

again, i know this is highly unrealistic and i don't need anybody telling me its a bad idea, but its my personal wish, my personal little pipe dream
i know they'll probably circle around all the flight with another set off ancients, but my personal pipe dream that im certain no one else would be as excited for as i would be is basically.. the same breed but a little different
im not talking new poses, im talking like.... undertides without wings, auraboas with front arms counting as secondary, aethers with more promenent second pair of arms, stuff like that. re-used art and everything.

again, i know this is highly unrealistic and i don't need anybody telling me its a bad idea, but its my personal wish, my personal little pipe dream
I used to display all my meme numbers here, but honestly im tired off that
i will still say that i own the #420 saved scry
I hope new breeds slow down and we get more gene expansions. I guess it would be too hopeful to think we would get new modern after we are done with "each flight gets ancient + neutral"
I hope new breeds slow down and we get more gene expansions. I guess it would be too hopeful to think we would get new modern after we are done with "each flight gets ancient + neutral"
WIhgWqV.pngyeetWr77RAu.png

yeet
you
see
mE
wHy

yeet hYZxkBA.gif
More ancients! Each flight all getting their first ancient breed doesn't mean there won't be more in the future.
More ancients! Each flight all getting their first ancient breed doesn't mean there won't be more in the future.
70963472_XPWFcmaFImCJJZ5.png
@Eelation Two remaining ancients (Wind + Light), not three

Hopefully, more Modern breeds over time
@Eelation Two remaining ancients (Wind + Light), not three

Tour de Sornieth

[ ]
I'm hoping for more emphasis on apparel and gene expansions (especially new genes for moderns, ideally with ancient parallels on release).
I'm hoping for more emphasis on apparel and gene expansions (especially new genes for moderns, ideally with ancient parallels on release).
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge
iirc wasn't it mentioned a while ago that there was the possibility of ancients that are neutral flight similar to bogsneaks? So we could still see some more ancients
iirc wasn't it mentioned a while ago that there was the possibility of ancients that are neutral flight similar to bogsneaks? So we could still see some more ancients
[quote name="KyreDusk" date="2024-04-19 12:01:59" ] @/Eelation Two remaining ancients (Wind + Light), not three Hopefully, more Modern breeds over time [/quote] Maybe they meant neutral as well? I’m intrigued to see Light’s and Wind’s. Neutral as well if the staff is up for that. Wonder how neutral would be obtained though considering the ancient background and Bogsneaks were probably created through alchemy which wouldn’t make too much sense for ancients.
KyreDusk wrote on 2024-04-19 12:01:59:
@/Eelation Two remaining ancients (Wind + Light), not three

Maybe they meant neutral as well?

I’m intrigued to see Light’s and Wind’s. Neutral as well if the staff is up for that. Wonder how neutral would be obtained though considering the ancient background and Bogsneaks were probably created through alchemy which wouldn’t make too much sense for ancients.
91423843p.png Avatar
Dragon
7691.png Selling G1s! 196.png Trading Notes for Notes!
Closed
To be honest I think the Ancients are going to continue being the major updates for a while even after we've rounded the bend, so to speak. I think the interest and engagement that comes from a new Ancient breed is unbeatable for staff and probably helps immensely in keeping the lights on.
To be honest I think the Ancients are going to continue being the major updates for a while even after we've rounded the bend, so to speak. I think the interest and engagement that comes from a new Ancient breed is unbeatable for staff and probably helps immensely in keeping the lights on.
6KQB58c.png
p3Lr8aR.pngUwlzUwS.pngFbBE7dN.png73vKFNE.png
oaolHwW.png
honestly i don't think it's unrealistic to hope for a new modern soon. we got obelisks almost 3 years ago; it's been quite a while. a modern in the next year or two would be nice.

but i personally hope they slow down with new breeds too. reallocate some resources into a modern and maybe some genes. the appeal of ancients has kinda worn off for me and i don't feel like i want any more after each flight has theirs, at least not any time soon.
honestly i don't think it's unrealistic to hope for a new modern soon. we got obelisks almost 3 years ago; it's been quite a while. a modern in the next year or two would be nice.

but i personally hope they slow down with new breeds too. reallocate some resources into a modern and maybe some genes. the appeal of ancients has kinda worn off for me and i don't feel like i want any more after each flight has theirs, at least not any time soon.
9121892.png xxxxx
qLQeTFk.gif
xxxxx
ARAxlYW.png
oxDm2Un.png
FObX7rS.png
nWiQNX9.png
mlHpBMC.png
NQ1Ze0S.png
1 2 3