Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How Do Dragons Treat Eye Types?
1 2
Regarding eye types, are there dragons who treat dragons with certain types with love and adoration and those with fear and disgust?

I'm trying to make a lore story surrounding this with one of my dragons when the Bounty of the Elements first appeared.
One day, when the Bounty of the Elements started, she screamed in pain as she received her Primal Eyes and became even more powerful. Because of the Bounty of the Elements, I also started two new clans and the increase in magic brought these clans back from the dead.
Regarding eye types, are there dragons who treat dragons with certain types with love and adoration and those with fear and disgust?

I'm trying to make a lore story surrounding this with one of my dragons when the Bounty of the Elements first appeared.
One day, when the Bounty of the Elements started, she screamed in pain as she received her Primal Eyes and became even more powerful. Because of the Bounty of the Elements, I also started two new clans and the increase in magic brought these clans back from the dead.
ZPHN6ju.png
One of my headcanons is that dragons with Light Primal eyes are completely blind, but have prophetic visions.
One of my headcanons is that dragons with Light Primal eyes are completely blind, but have prophetic visions.
they/them - geologist & artist

art + tabletop gaming blog
my personal headcanon for arcane primal is that the runes/full cosmic backdrop effect only manifest when the dragon is casting a spell or using a breath attack, that or the runes don't glow constantly rather than they're grooves carved into the skin by extreme magical energies
my personal headcanon for arcane primal is that the runes/full cosmic backdrop effect only manifest when the dragon is casting a spell or using a breath attack, that or the runes don't glow constantly rather than they're grooves carved into the skin by extreme magical energies
[quote name="ShiningLatios" date="2024-04-18 17:42:31" ] my personal headcanon for arcane primal is that the runes/full cosmic backdrop effect only manifest when the dragon is casting a spell or using a breath attack, that or the runes don't glow constantly rather than they're grooves carved into the skin by extreme magical energies [/quote] Another idea about Arcane Primal - what if it lets dragons who have it see magical effects that are normally invisible, like a "detect magic" spell?
ShiningLatios wrote on 2024-04-18 17:42:31:

Another idea about Arcane Primal - what if it lets dragons who have it see magical effects that are normally invisible, like a "detect magic" spell?

Afaik this is the only story that actively discusses the different types and concerns around them... and it's written as if they were sudden and surprising, that this is one of the earlier instances before they started popping up over the place.

I kind of wonder how they are treated now, or if not much time has technically passed between then and now - since it's sort of implied to be tied into the other BotE stories and what caused those was also causing this phenomena too.
Afaik this is the only story that actively discusses the different types and concerns around them... and it's written as if they were sudden and surprising, that this is one of the earlier instances before they started popping up over the place.

I kind of wonder how they are treated now, or if not much time has technically passed between then and now - since it's sort of implied to be tied into the other BotE stories and what caused those was also causing this phenomena too.
Hjönk Hjönk Am Goose
Shadow clans have lots of tissues whenever the primals need it.

Water clans dont need tissues bc underwater ;)

@EmpressSectonia

ALSO THAT CLAN BACKSTORY IS SICK AS HELL ID LOVE TO READ IT WHEN U WRITE IT! :D
Shadow clans have lots of tissues whenever the primals need it.

Water clans dont need tissues bc underwater ;)

@EmpressSectonia

ALSO THAT CLAN BACKSTORY IS SICK AS HELL ID LOVE TO READ IT WHEN U WRITE IT! :D
wqnTQE2.png Adult Player | They/them | 3+ FR Time | Student
Only dragons from tabs NOT marked with an ❌, should be picked for forum games!
Seeking...
Skin: wandering independence
Please PM!
i treat it as a measure off a dragons natural limit off magic, such as primals have so much, that if it doesn't manifest as primal eyes, the dragon could perish.

'changing' eye types is nearly impossible and dangerous, and ends the life off most dragons who attempt it, and if they're lucky, walk away blind, which is the reason 'scatter vials' where 'banned', and recently the 'eye change' vials popped up, they're even more dangerous, and thus are also banned in my clan. (also don't use the things)

primal eyes is something to revere; a rarity and a show off power and magic.
multigaze isn't well studied, but fascinates most dragons, and varying special eye types such as goat and faceted are also highly intriguing to the common dragon.
swirl, though, typically infers some magical interference, such as shade touched or otherwise, which leaves most dragons avoiding them.

oh, and most primal eyed dragons cannot actually see out off their eyes; but their magic more than makes up for the lost sense, still letting the dragon perceive the world, so they could, technically, 'see' behind themselves, or 'observe' their own face
i treat it as a measure off a dragons natural limit off magic, such as primals have so much, that if it doesn't manifest as primal eyes, the dragon could perish.

'changing' eye types is nearly impossible and dangerous, and ends the life off most dragons who attempt it, and if they're lucky, walk away blind, which is the reason 'scatter vials' where 'banned', and recently the 'eye change' vials popped up, they're even more dangerous, and thus are also banned in my clan. (also don't use the things)

primal eyes is something to revere; a rarity and a show off power and magic.
multigaze isn't well studied, but fascinates most dragons, and varying special eye types such as goat and faceted are also highly intriguing to the common dragon.
swirl, though, typically infers some magical interference, such as shade touched or otherwise, which leaves most dragons avoiding them.

oh, and most primal eyed dragons cannot actually see out off their eyes; but their magic more than makes up for the lost sense, still letting the dragon perceive the world, so they could, technically, 'see' behind themselves, or 'observe' their own face
I used to display all my meme numbers here, but honestly im tired off that
i will still say that i own the #420 saved scry
I think it's possible that a dragon could see through Earth Primal eyes - in real life, trilobites had compound eyes with lenses made of calcite that worked just fine. So, depending on the mineral they're made from, they might actually work as eyes! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/82018541][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/820186/82018541_350.png[/img][/url]
I think it's possible that a dragon could see through Earth Primal eyes - in real life, trilobites had compound eyes with lenses made of calcite that worked just fine. So, depending on the mineral they're made from, they might actually work as eyes!

82018541_350.png

@Kiln

They are called the Lumen Sages and the Umbra Witches. Some of the dragons have their own story, and they tell the history of the Clan Wars and the Witch Hunts, both of which led to the extinction of both clans. I plan on writing about how the Clans started with the First Dragons of the Clans. Infinica (A Veilspun), First Umbra Witch, and Ortho (A Future Light Ancient or Modern Breed), First Lumen Sage. Ortho is still dead, and he is yet to be resurrected.

The Clan Wars wiped out the Lumen Sages. 2 Sages Survived. One traveled through Time, and the other was placed in a deep sleep.

The Witch Hunts wiped out the Umbra Witches. Both surviving witches were placed in a deep sleep.
@Kiln

They are called the Lumen Sages and the Umbra Witches. Some of the dragons have their own story, and they tell the history of the Clan Wars and the Witch Hunts, both of which led to the extinction of both clans. I plan on writing about how the Clans started with the First Dragons of the Clans. Infinica (A Veilspun), First Umbra Witch, and Ortho (A Future Light Ancient or Modern Breed), First Lumen Sage. Ortho is still dead, and he is yet to be resurrected.

The Clan Wars wiped out the Lumen Sages. 2 Sages Survived. One traveled through Time, and the other was placed in a deep sleep.

The Witch Hunts wiped out the Umbra Witches. Both surviving witches were placed in a deep sleep.
ZPHN6ju.png
[img]https://media.tenor.com/6A2tdsm7AOUAAAAd/toy-story-mr-potato-head.gif[/img]
toy-story-mr-potato-head.gif
......................................... tumblr-pa5yx1-Ks-ZM1tecpo4o1-100.png ...
the reliquary
federation-Bar.png
''it's not over yet''
wishlistloreaccentsart
familiar collector • fr +8 • pears!
1 2