Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Ancient Breeds: Dusthide Dragons
1 2 ... 53 54 55 56 57 ... 91 92
WAHH!! theyre so cute!
WAHH!! theyre so cute!
I notice in the dusthide encyclopedia entry, it says "Dusthides pass down their history and traditions entirely through oration. While this makes for differing accounts and frequent inconsistencies - " and I think it's worth pointing out that history being kept/passed down orally doesn't actually necessarily mean inconsistencies ... australian aboriginal oral history in particular comes to mind and how they cross checked information, passing it down accurately for thousands of years ... I don't think there's anything wrong with dusthide history in particular having plenty of variation from the way they communicate it, but i think it's worth being mindful of assumptions made about oral history in general, if that makes sense.

That said, I love this breed and I really enjoy the personality they've been given! They're so charming and fun, and I enjoy their art too :)
I notice in the dusthide encyclopedia entry, it says "Dusthides pass down their history and traditions entirely through oration. While this makes for differing accounts and frequent inconsistencies - " and I think it's worth pointing out that history being kept/passed down orally doesn't actually necessarily mean inconsistencies ... australian aboriginal oral history in particular comes to mind and how they cross checked information, passing it down accurately for thousands of years ... I don't think there's anything wrong with dusthide history in particular having plenty of variation from the way they communicate it, but i think it's worth being mindful of assumptions made about oral history in general, if that makes sense.

That said, I love this breed and I really enjoy the personality they've been given! They're so charming and fun, and I enjoy their art too :)
OMG YAY THEY'RE SO ADORABLE!! I love that their eggs look like little roly polies! The new genes are also BEAUTIFUL! [emoji=dusthide happy size=1]
OMG YAY THEY'RE SO ADORABLE!! I love that their eggs look like little roly polies! The new genes are also BEAUTIFUL!
rBM002b.gif
XMZyglK.png

Rc5ZLjm.png
IPy9RLa.png
tOrxvYb.png
XMZyglK.png
3xSweBr.png
Skins and Accents
XMZyglK.png
LETS GOOO
LETS GOOO
A wee bit bald… at least their terts can cover it!
A wee bit bald… at least their terts can cover it!
[center][i]A[/i]t first, I had a hard time with the visuals of this new breed. Then I came across [b]THE baby[/b] that seduced me.[/center] [columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/94398008][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=59&bodygene=298&breed=25&element=5&eyetype=3&gender=1&tert=141&tertgene=274&winggene=313&wings=49&auth=48702a300efe08e92ea3ff66c40086ebfaac33d2&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url][nextcol][nextcol]B L I T Z ------[/columns]
At first, I had a hard time with the visuals of this new breed.
Then I came across THE baby that seduced me.

dragon?age=1&body=59&bodygene=298&breed=25&element=5&eyetype=3&gender=1&tert=141&tertgene=274&winggene=313&wings=49&auth=48702a300efe08e92ea3ff66c40086ebfaac33d2&dummyext=prev.png B L I T Z
slqnM8S.png
These little guys look so cool and a little word in a good way. I think they’re very neat :D
These little guys look so cool and a little word in a good way. I think they’re very neat :D
Aw they're mole pangolins! That's right up my alley!
Aw they're mole pangolins! That's right up my alley!
[quote name="Oleanthe" date="2024-04-17 14:17:19" ] I notice in the dusthide encyclopedia entry, it says "Dusthides pass down their history and traditions entirely through oration. While this makes for differing accounts and frequent inconsistencies - " and I think it's worth pointing out that history being kept/passed down orally doesn't actually necessarily mean inconsistencies ... australian aboriginal oral history in particular comes to mind and how they cross checked information, passing it down accurately for thousands of years ... I don't think there's anything wrong with dusthide history in particular having plenty of variation from the way they communicate it, but i think it's worth being mindful of assumptions made about oral history in general, if that makes sense. That said, I love this breed and I really enjoy the personality they've been given! They're so charming and fun, and I enjoy their art too :) [/quote] This is true, but it's also fair to take into account other cultures with oral history. A large portion of Scandinavian history- particularly pertaining to the proto-Vikings- is incredibly shaky, since the vastness of time and expansion of space makes tracking particular stories extremely difficult. A lot of what we have following the proto-timeline is based off prose, with much being left up for debate and/or interpretation, referencing any of the tangible evidence that archaeologists and linguists can discern. There's also oral history that's on a smaller scale, such as folklore and folk beliefs. These kinds of practices and ideals naturally shift over time as landscapes, religion/spirituality, and lifestyles adapt to newer forms. They don't necessarily disappear, but will adapt to newer personalities- people will also add in their own anecdotes, which then expands and changes the historical origin. Sometimes oral history does shift, and it's not only due to outside pressures and prejudice. I think both can be true.
Oleanthe wrote on 2024-04-17 14:17:19:

This is true, but it's also fair to take into account other cultures with oral history. A large portion of Scandinavian history- particularly pertaining to the proto-Vikings- is incredibly shaky, since the vastness of time and expansion of space makes tracking particular stories extremely difficult. A lot of what we have following the proto-timeline is based off prose, with much being left up for debate and/or interpretation, referencing any of the tangible evidence that archaeologists and linguists can discern.

There's also oral history that's on a smaller scale, such as folklore and folk beliefs. These kinds of practices and ideals naturally shift over time as landscapes, religion/spirituality, and lifestyles adapt to newer forms. They don't necessarily disappear, but will adapt to newer personalities- people will also add in their own anecdotes, which then expands and changes the historical origin. Sometimes oral history does shift, and it's not only due to outside pressures and prejudice. I think both can be true.
. • LET THE WOLVES ENJOY MY BONES. • .xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Avatar Dragon.
x8UR3Oo.png
LOVE THE NEW BREED RAAAH

they can have a pachycephalosaurus head????? I love
LOVE THE NEW BREED RAAAH

they can have a pachycephalosaurus head????? I love
481.png 4db96fd3028bbe0855ab619e99b2e9a43f014793.png NN9NPXA.png
hh5n4WA.png
O62tc6n.png
IrmwTXC.png
YMPbu9R.png
1 2 ... 53 54 55 56 57 ... 91 92