Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Betrayal in the Beneath [ Discussion ]
1 2 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106
I could probably piece together a theory where autumn is maf but uhhhh I don't know if I really want to do that. Because that visit Leremis saw autumn make to fearfax isn't explained by the autumn is maf theory. I just don't know what that visit would have done if autumn was lying about protecting fearfax.
I could probably piece together a theory where autumn is maf but uhhhh I don't know if I really want to do that. Because that visit Leremis saw autumn make to fearfax isn't explained by the autumn is maf theory. I just don't know what that visit would have done if autumn was lying about protecting fearfax.
Yes, there are zeros in my username. Don't ping bookworm by mistake! Fr+3, she/her
[quote name="B00KW0RM" date="2024-04-15 17:05:16" ] I could probably piece together a theory where autumn is maf but uhhhh I don't know if I really want to do that. Because that visit Leremis saw autumn make to fearfax isn't explained by the autumn is maf theory. I just don't know what that visit would have done if autumn was lying about protecting fearfax. [/quote] Maybe Autumn is a mafia that has visits that do nothing. Even still, Autumn could not guarantee being tracked by Leremis. In this case, I don't know what would be the point. I think Autumn is less likely to have crafted a protection power out of nothing, considering the way Autumn has claimed this protective ability.
B00KW0RM wrote on 2024-04-15 17:05:16:
Maybe Autumn is a mafia that has visits that do nothing. Even still, Autumn could not guarantee being tracked by Leremis. In this case, I don't know what would be the point. I think Autumn is less likely to have crafted a protection power out of nothing, considering the way Autumn has claimed this protective ability.
cXujRec.pngHuzdS7y.pngXvyfO6H.pngzLwkj5U.png
she/they
Autumn also claimed to be saved from the vote, so perhaps one of B00K or Hotpants would be a partner that lied about voting Autumn or had a special ability that stops a condemn? That would be a weird ability for a mafia to have though.
Autumn also claimed to be saved from the vote, so perhaps one of B00K or Hotpants would be a partner that lied about voting Autumn or had a special ability that stops a condemn? That would be a weird ability for a mafia to have though.
cXujRec.pngHuzdS7y.pngXvyfO6H.pngzLwkj5U.png
she/they
The closer we get to lockdown the more my brain is like But what if autumn really is maf??? And then I tell my brain to stop talking lol.

I think I've seen a maf ability to remove a vote on them, but I don't know if I've seen one to save a whole elim. There are a bunch of unique roles in this game though, so it it possible to exist. That's why a shield that protects at night and the next day is a good claim at the time if they're maf with that ability, because it explains the lack of elim. Aaaand there goes my brain again.
The closer we get to lockdown the more my brain is like But what if autumn really is maf??? And then I tell my brain to stop talking lol.

I think I've seen a maf ability to remove a vote on them, but I don't know if I've seen one to save a whole elim. There are a bunch of unique roles in this game though, so it it possible to exist. That's why a shield that protects at night and the next day is a good claim at the time if they're maf with that ability, because it explains the lack of elim. Aaaand there goes my brain again.
Yes, there are zeros in my username. Don't ping bookworm by mistake! Fr+3, she/her
[quote name="fearfax" date="2024-04-15 16:53:51" ] [quote name="CreatorsDilemma" date="2024-04-15 12:21:04" ] Sorry I haven’t said much in a while. I’ve been busy irl and there’s some stuff that’s been stressing me out. I’m going to try to find the actual mafia today, but I understand if you vote me. Even if I’m going to get voted I’m going to try. This post will be from the perspective of me being town, as I know that I am town. I want to consider every possibility, then figure out what is most likely. -Leremis and Fearfax: Very unlikely to be mafia, as I mentioned last day phase. I think voting them would be far too risky unless we really suspected them, which we don’t. @/Fearfax, what kind of flavor is your investigation ability? [/quote] I'm not going to discuss flavor in thread? Why would you ask this of me? @CreatorsDilemma [/quote Sorry, I think I misworded that. I was thinking along the lines of an ability that says “you investigate this person by searching their room” vs an investigative ability that says “you investigate this person by interrogating them”, with the thought process that a godfather ability might protect against one but not the other. In hindsight, I don’t think it makes as much sense as I thought it did, and probably should be ignored.
fearfax wrote on 2024-04-15 16:53:51:
CreatorsDilemma wrote on 2024-04-15 12:21:04:
Sorry I haven’t said much in a while. I’ve been busy irl and there’s some stuff that’s been stressing me out. I’m going to try to find the actual mafia today, but I understand if you vote me. Even if I’m going to get voted I’m going to try.

This post will be from the perspective of me being town, as I know that I am town. I want to consider every possibility, then figure out what is most likely.

-Leremis and Fearfax: Very unlikely to be mafia, as I mentioned last day phase. I think voting them would be far too risky unless we really suspected them, which we don’t. @/Fearfax, what kind of flavor is your investigation ability?

I'm not going to discuss flavor in thread? Why would you ask this of me? @CreatorsDilemma
[/quote
Sorry, I think I misworded that. I was thinking along the lines of an ability that says “you investigate this person by searching their room” vs an investigative ability that says “you investigate this person by interrogating them”, with the thought process that a godfather ability might protect against one but not the other. In hindsight, I don’t think it makes as much sense as I thought it did, and probably should be ignored.
12475606.png87597622.png84500972.png83156440.png88684011.png56303576.png
I originally had the Autumn vote hypothetical as a reaction test, but I am not sure if Autumn will respond before rollover. I’m considering genuinely putting my vote there at this point. Fearfax and Leremis are lovers, Hotpants has a reasonable claim and has taken actions that I don’t see mafia taking (poisoning Neil), which just leaves me, B00K, and Autumn.

Both B00K and Autumn have claims that feel reasonable for a role madness game, so I feel that the maf might be telling a partially true claim. B00K has redirected people and has showed up as town when investigated.

Autumn has prevented the d4 elim. I am not sure who the d4 elim was, as the votes were hidden. If anyone knows, please tell me. If it was Autumn themself, then I can see a maf oneshot ability or an item being used. If Autumn saved one of Fearfax or Leremis, then probably not maf as maf has no reason to save them.

Either way, we can’t vote B00K today and I’m not sure if it’s the right choice to vote Autumn, but I don’t think I have any better options.

If anyone knows who it is that was saved by Autumn d4, please tell me now. If Autumn saved a townie I will retract my vote.
I originally had the Autumn vote hypothetical as a reaction test, but I am not sure if Autumn will respond before rollover. I’m considering genuinely putting my vote there at this point. Fearfax and Leremis are lovers, Hotpants has a reasonable claim and has taken actions that I don’t see mafia taking (poisoning Neil), which just leaves me, B00K, and Autumn.

Both B00K and Autumn have claims that feel reasonable for a role madness game, so I feel that the maf might be telling a partially true claim. B00K has redirected people and has showed up as town when investigated.

Autumn has prevented the d4 elim. I am not sure who the d4 elim was, as the votes were hidden. If anyone knows, please tell me. If it was Autumn themself, then I can see a maf oneshot ability or an item being used. If Autumn saved one of Fearfax or Leremis, then probably not maf as maf has no reason to save them.

Either way, we can’t vote B00K today and I’m not sure if it’s the right choice to vote Autumn, but I don’t think I have any better options.

If anyone knows who it is that was saved by Autumn d4, please tell me now. If Autumn saved a townie I will retract my vote.
12475606.png87597622.png84500972.png83156440.png88684011.png56303576.png
[center][img]https://fontmeme.com/permalink/240331/29d1a38ce560c2b965fac549e7c8848a.png[/img] Please refrain from posting until the Lockdown is resolved, no actions may be processed from now until night start. [/center]
29d1a38ce560c2b965fac549e7c8848a.png

Please refrain from posting until the Lockdown is resolved, no actions may be processed from now until night start.
artmajor - she/her
comms open!
0WcOw2E.pngLApYAIi.gif p8qgXPn.gif
[center][img]https://fontmeme.com/permalink/240416/156997dba54f7e9bba3d84667447e262.png[/img] ----- [size=75][b]Players[/b]: @fearfax, @hotpants, @autumnseas, @slairisk, @B00kW0RM, @Astaraela, @RaccoonusDoodus, @CreatorsDilemma, @Kiln, @Storia, @Hiii, @Cognitive [b]Substitutes[/b]: @natsinabucket, @Leremis, @restlessStardust, @dandelionfires [b]Spectators[/b]: @Xcscientist, @tytration, @Luftschloss, @AwkwardTrash, @StormDreamer, @Heroic13, @KittyHawk98, @ShinyDecidueye, @ChaoticPotato [/size] ------ [quote="Captain"] If all living crewmates could please gather in the Central Hall before the tallying of the votes, I've some splendid news"[/quote] Odil stared up at the intercom, heart pulsing. Her wrist still displayed the impending doom known as "Warning: Ballast Broken". Had they found a way to fix it? Surely, what other "splendid news" could the Captain have for the terrified crew? As she walked to the meeting place, Odil realized that a crewmate in a sleek black top hat was being frog-marched a few paces ahead of her. She watched the procession, eyes wide, as the crewmate lifted their chin and seemed all the world to be experiencing a normal day- if not for the two others holding their hands behind their back. Odil took her place near the fish tank, placing one hand on the glass to steady herself as a low tremor wracked through the sub. The captain stood front and center in the room, beaming happily at the crew. "My dearest friends! It has been so long since I've seen many of your faces. But worry not, for I come bearing good news! Firstly, we shall reach port within the hour. Although we could not repair the ballast, our auto-pilot is perfectly functioning still. Once we land, the technicians will be sending our beloved craft out to sea." He paused, taking a moment to sweep his hat off his head and hold it over her heart. "Alas, she will be missed...but a submarine can be bought! and loyal crewmates...well, they're much harder to keep paid off" He roared with laughter at his own joke, even as the assembled crowd barely let out a chuckle. "Ahhhh yes, but to my ever more important news~" the Captain said, wiping a tear from his eye. He swiveled around and pointed to the top hat wearing crewmate who was still being held hostage. "Max~" he purred. The crewmates eyes widened slightly, but otherwise they did not react as the Captain slunk forward, placing one hand under their chin. "Oh my dear Max, you thought you could hide long enough to see us all blow up didn't you? Well I must admit sending in a literal new recruit was quite bold of the higher ups, we saw right through your clever little disguise." Max grinned, appearing to be full of confidence. "My dearest Captain, I'm sorry to say but, I promise you I've always been loyal to the Pir-" "Ah ah ah!" the Captain interrupted, shaking a finger in Max's face. "You see my boy, we have a plethera of reports that all point. right. to. you." with each word he tapped on Max's nose, giggling to himself as he finished. "Yes yes, you are the last slimy little Toppat on board my vessel. Which means we ought to give this story a proper end hmmm?" Odil watched the interaction with wide eyes, gaze darting between Captain and captive. "Helmsman?" the Captain called, waving to a woman with a silver pin. "If you would open the lock?" "Aye sir!" she saluted, sidestepping and pressing a small red button. The doors leading to the airlock hissed open, and Max finally reacted, flinching back. "Wait, you can't be serious- I thought- the brig-" "Well yes, the two down in the brig will be dealt with later, but since you're clearly the little ringleader, well...we thought of a...special punishment for you!" "You're mad!" Max screamed "I wont be the last, the Toppats will-" "By the time they're able to find us again, we'll be even better prepared to deal with their...tricks" the Captain purred. "Now, into the sea with you!" The two men holding Max captive pushed them forward roughly, and the Toppat stumbled straight into the airlock. "Wait-" he called, stumbling to their feet and rising- turning- trying- Only for the door to hiss closed. The helmsman pressed a second button, and Odil could hear the noise of the air leaving the cabin as the airlock was opened to the ocean. She raised a hand over her mouth, eyes wide as she watched Max valiantly trying to hold his breath, swimming upwards in a desperate attempt to surface (although they were far too deep to have a prayers chance of making it) "I say, what's that in their pocket?" the Captain hummed, pointing to a small container that had drifted out of Max's coat pocket. That was the only warning they received, before teeth- hundreds if not thousands of razor sharp teeth- closed themselves around Max's body. The fish- if such a beast could even be called that- snapped its mouth shut, and gazed at the ship. Odil could barely breath- such a creature, far more horrifying than the old Fish Warden's pet- this thing...it could swallow the ship whole if it so desired... The beast stared at the sub, the horrified members of the crew stared back. A deep rumbling sounded, vibrating the sub and nearly knocking Odil off her feet, as the fish turned and swam to vanish back into the depths from whence it came. Silence ... ... ... "Well, that was quite fun, but if you all remember we have a port to get back to so hurry up everyone! We'll need to move quickly once we get there if we want to save everything if importance." Odil turned towards the captain, and nodded shakily. She began the walk back to her room, with one thought in mind. [i]The second we get back, I'm calling Olo and requesting a transfer.[/i] ----- [b]CreatorsDilemma was eliminated. They were ????[/b] [b][ The game has ended with a Town Win! ][/b] Congratulations to fearfax, hotpants, B00KW0RM, astaraela, Leremis, Hiii, and Cognitive for achieving victory! [b] [ Additionally, two Third-Party wincons have been met] [/b] Congratulations to RaccoonusDoodus and Autumnseas [b][ Please give our mafteam a standing ovation ][/b] Congratulations to Storia, Slairisk, and ChaoticPotato/CreatorsDilemma for a game phenomenally played. ----- I dont have any badges at this time (semester be oof) but I'll reach out to you all once I do. Thank you again for playing Betrayal in the Beneath, and I hope to see you all again in [u]Lost in The Fungle[/u] (coming soon).
156997dba54f7e9bba3d84667447e262.png

Players:
@fearfax, @hotpants, @autumnseas, @slairisk, @B00kW0RM, @Astaraela, @RaccoonusDoodus, @CreatorsDilemma, @Kiln, @Storia, @Hiii, @Cognitive

Substitutes:
@natsinabucket, @Leremis, @restlessStardust, @dandelionfires
Spectators:
@Xcscientist, @tytration, @Luftschloss, @AwkwardTrash, @StormDreamer, @Heroic13, @KittyHawk98, @ShinyDecidueye, @ChaoticPotato

Captain wrote:
If all living crewmates could please gather in the Central Hall before the tallying of the votes, I've some splendid news"

Odil stared up at the intercom, heart pulsing.

Her wrist still displayed the impending doom known as "Warning: Ballast Broken". Had they found a way to fix it? Surely, what other "splendid news" could the Captain have for the terrified crew?

As she walked to the meeting place, Odil realized that a crewmate in a sleek black top hat was being frog-marched a few paces ahead of her. She watched the procession, eyes wide, as the crewmate lifted their chin and seemed all the world to be experiencing a normal day- if not for the two others holding their hands behind their back.

Odil took her place near the fish tank, placing one hand on the glass to steady herself as a low tremor wracked through the sub.

The captain stood front and center in the room, beaming happily at the crew.

"My dearest friends! It has been so long since I've seen many of your faces. But worry not, for I come bearing good news! Firstly, we shall reach port within the hour. Although we could not repair the ballast, our auto-pilot is perfectly functioning still. Once we land, the technicians will be sending our beloved craft out to sea."

He paused, taking a moment to sweep his hat off his head and hold it over her heart. "Alas, she will be missed...but a submarine can be bought! and loyal crewmates...well, they're much harder to keep paid off" He roared with laughter at his own joke, even as the assembled crowd barely let out a chuckle.

"Ahhhh yes, but to my ever more important news~" the Captain said, wiping a tear from his eye.

He swiveled around and pointed to the top hat wearing crewmate who was still being held hostage.

"Max~" he purred.

The crewmates eyes widened slightly, but otherwise they did not react as the Captain slunk forward, placing one hand under their chin.

"Oh my dear Max, you thought you could hide long enough to see us all blow up didn't you? Well I must admit sending in a literal new recruit was quite bold of the higher ups, we saw right through your clever little disguise."

Max grinned, appearing to be full of confidence. "My dearest Captain, I'm sorry to say but, I promise you I've always been loyal to the Pir-"

"Ah ah ah!" the Captain interrupted, shaking a finger in Max's face. "You see my boy, we have a plethera of reports that all point. right. to. you." with each word he tapped on Max's nose, giggling to himself as he finished.

"Yes yes, you are the last slimy little Toppat on board my vessel. Which means we ought to give this story a proper end hmmm?"

Odil watched the interaction with wide eyes, gaze darting between Captain and captive.

"Helmsman?" the Captain called, waving to a woman with a silver pin. "If you would open the lock?"

"Aye sir!" she saluted, sidestepping and pressing a small red button. The doors leading to the airlock hissed open, and Max finally reacted, flinching back. "Wait, you can't be serious- I thought- the brig-"

"Well yes, the two down in the brig will be dealt with later, but since you're clearly the little ringleader, well...we thought of a...special punishment for you!"

"You're mad!" Max screamed "I wont be the last, the Toppats will-"

"By the time they're able to find us again, we'll be even better prepared to deal with their...tricks" the Captain purred. "Now, into the sea with you!"

The two men holding Max captive pushed them forward roughly, and the Toppat stumbled straight into the airlock. "Wait-" he called, stumbling to their feet and rising- turning- trying-

Only for the door to hiss closed. The helmsman pressed a second button, and Odil could hear the noise of the air leaving the cabin as the airlock was opened to the ocean. She raised a hand over her mouth, eyes wide as she watched Max valiantly trying to hold his breath, swimming upwards in a desperate attempt to surface (although they were far too deep to have a prayers chance of making it)

"I say, what's that in their pocket?" the Captain hummed, pointing to a small container that had drifted out of Max's coat pocket.

That was the only warning they received, before teeth- hundreds if not thousands of razor sharp teeth- closed themselves around Max's body. The fish- if such a beast could even be called that- snapped its mouth shut, and gazed at the ship.

Odil could barely breath- such a creature, far more horrifying than the old Fish Warden's pet- this thing...it could swallow the ship whole if it so desired...

The beast stared at the sub, the horrified members of the crew stared back.

A deep rumbling sounded, vibrating the sub and nearly knocking Odil off her feet, as the fish turned and swam to vanish back into the depths from whence it came.

Silence

"Well, that was quite fun, but if you all remember we have a port to get back to so hurry up everyone! We'll need to move quickly once we get there if we want to save everything if importance."

Odil turned towards the captain, and nodded shakily.

She began the walk back to her room, with one thought in mind.

The second we get back, I'm calling Olo and requesting a transfer.

CreatorsDilemma was eliminated. They were ????

[ The game has ended with a Town Win! ]
Congratulations to fearfax, hotpants, B00KW0RM, astaraela, Leremis, Hiii, and Cognitive for achieving victory!

[ Additionally, two Third-Party wincons have been met]
Congratulations to RaccoonusDoodus and Autumnseas

[ Please give our mafteam a standing ovation ]
Congratulations to Storia, Slairisk, and ChaoticPotato/CreatorsDilemma for a game phenomenally played.

I dont have any badges at this time (semester be oof) but I'll reach out to you all once I do. Thank you again for playing Betrayal in the Beneath, and I hope to see you all again in Lost in The Fungle (coming soon).
artmajor - she/her
comms open!
0WcOw2E.pngLApYAIi.gif p8qgXPn.gif
1 2 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106