Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Release ancient later with finished lore
1 2 3 4 5 6
one of the things that kills games, especially indie games is the devs getting a really specific idea of how the game needs to be operated or they have a specific vision that starts to wear away at the site. yeah sure 6 entire years between modern releases was pretty crazy and people were chomping at the bit for a new breed for ages but dustcarve dig really pulled the community together and there was no guarantee a new breed was going to be released. i think this shift towards ancients and genes at the expense of literally any other type of content isn't the way we should be moving forward. at the end of the day, the vocal userbase will always be dwarfed by the silent majority so maybe we are all complaining at nothing. but appealing to only one portion of a userbase and ignoring all the others will drive a wedge between players and cause them to get tired of the game. for people who genuinely care about beastclan lore where is a further update past the harpies? i could give more examples but this is the most egregious, doing a major update to foundational site lore and then leaving it by the wayside for other content updates will just push everything else behind. i said this in another thread but i think the devs are creating their own problems by holding themselves to standards they made up. no one asked for ancients every 5 months or 3 ancients in a year or they would quit playing, the devs decided to randomly do that on their own.

also to clarify, i mention genes because of the multiple expansions and ports between ancients and even ports to moderns. we do still get modern exclusive genes but it feels like they're getting shafted for more ancient gene backlogs. we're still like 3 ancient gene expansions behind right?
one of the things that kills games, especially indie games is the devs getting a really specific idea of how the game needs to be operated or they have a specific vision that starts to wear away at the site. yeah sure 6 entire years between modern releases was pretty crazy and people were chomping at the bit for a new breed for ages but dustcarve dig really pulled the community together and there was no guarantee a new breed was going to be released. i think this shift towards ancients and genes at the expense of literally any other type of content isn't the way we should be moving forward. at the end of the day, the vocal userbase will always be dwarfed by the silent majority so maybe we are all complaining at nothing. but appealing to only one portion of a userbase and ignoring all the others will drive a wedge between players and cause them to get tired of the game. for people who genuinely care about beastclan lore where is a further update past the harpies? i could give more examples but this is the most egregious, doing a major update to foundational site lore and then leaving it by the wayside for other content updates will just push everything else behind. i said this in another thread but i think the devs are creating their own problems by holding themselves to standards they made up. no one asked for ancients every 5 months or 3 ancients in a year or they would quit playing, the devs decided to randomly do that on their own.

also to clarify, i mention genes because of the multiple expansions and ports between ancients and even ports to moderns. we do still get modern exclusive genes but it feels like they're getting shafted for more ancient gene backlogs. we're still like 3 ancient gene expansions behind right?
sunflowers and leavessunflowers and leaves
Maybe staff does need the money from us buying new genes and the likes to keep the site running. Inflation might be hitting them too and maybe they need the income *now*. Maybe they can't postpone.

Nothing is more of a moneymaker than new gem genes, after all. So, if they need an influx of money *now*, maybe it's better to release the new breed sooner rather than later?

Staff needs to release content that gives them money, sadly. And nothing is more profitable than a new breed.
Maybe staff does need the money from us buying new genes and the likes to keep the site running. Inflation might be hitting them too and maybe they need the income *now*. Maybe they can't postpone.

Nothing is more of a moneymaker than new gem genes, after all. So, if they need an influx of money *now*, maybe it's better to release the new breed sooner rather than later?

Staff needs to release content that gives them money, sadly. And nothing is more profitable than a new breed.
Support for all the reasons others have mentioned. We can wait, nobody even expected an ancient so soon. This just looks uncaring and unprofessional from the userbase’s POV, if I’m frank. I’m much more excited to see Auraboas’ updated lore! :>
Support for all the reasons others have mentioned. We can wait, nobody even expected an ancient so soon. This just looks uncaring and unprofessional from the userbase’s POV, if I’m frank. I’m much more excited to see Auraboas’ updated lore! :>
..... image.png
-.-
-

FR+10 | She/It | 23

-.-
Tumblr Blog | Skin Shop
--
-.- 01.png
Support. I'm finding it difficult to care about ancients at all when a new one is getting released every 4-6 months. They've stopped feeling special or unique in any way and have instead become just another content update. Current hype levels are zero

I would much rather have more polished releases further apart than rushed ancients ever few months
Support. I'm finding it difficult to care about ancients at all when a new one is getting released every 4-6 months. They've stopped feeling special or unique in any way and have instead become just another content update. Current hype levels are zero

I would much rather have more polished releases further apart than rushed ancients ever few months
"Hi my name is Crow with a B and I’ve been afraid of insects my whole lif-" "Stop stop stop- where?" "What?" "Where’s the B? "TherE'S A BEE???"
Pixel Adopts --- Wishlist/Gene tracker
Support, I think it's a bit overwhelming with how quickly they've been releasing new ancients and then watching them struggle with all the gene errors is sort of painful to watch. I wish they'd slow things down a bit
Support, I think it's a bit overwhelming with how quickly they've been releasing new ancients and then watching them struggle with all the gene errors is sort of painful to watch. I wish they'd slow things down a bit
i3VCiEO.png
ALL THEY SEE IS A SHADOW
SHE/HER
G1 LAIR
FR +2
big agree!! fix current problems before releasing new things to add more problems. with bounty of elements, beastclan lore rewrite, auroboa lore rewrite, and now more ancient lore added to the backlog - things keep piling up
big agree!! fix current problems before releasing new things to add more problems. with bounty of elements, beastclan lore rewrite, auroboa lore rewrite, and now more ancient lore added to the backlog - things keep piling up
DRAGONS !
[quote name="bulrush" date="2024-04-15 14:42:55" ] i think this shift towards ancients and genes at the expense of literally any other type of content isn't the way we should be moving forward. at the end of the day, the vocal userbase will always be dwarfed by the silent majority so maybe we are all complaining at nothing. but appealing to only one portion of a userbase and ignoring all the others will drive a wedge between players and cause them to get tired of the game. for people who genuinely care about beastclan lore where is a further update past the harpies? [/quote] ^^^^
bulrush wrote on 2024-04-15 14:42:55:
i think this shift towards ancients and genes at the expense of literally any other type of content isn't the way we should be moving forward. at the end of the day, the vocal userbase will always be dwarfed by the silent majority so maybe we are all complaining at nothing. but appealing to only one portion of a userbase and ignoring all the others will drive a wedge between players and cause them to get tired of the game. for people who genuinely care about beastclan lore where is a further update past the harpies?

^^^^
DRAGONS !
[quote name="Ogerpon" date="2024-04-15 14:47:42" ] Maybe staff does need the money from us buying new genes and the likes to keep the site running. Inflation might be hitting them too and maybe they need the income *now*. Maybe they can't postpone. Nothing is more of a moneymaker than new gem genes, after all. So, if they need an influx of money *now*, maybe it's better to release the new breed sooner rather than later? Staff needs to release content that gives them money, sadly. And nothing is more profitable than a new breed. [/quote] I tend to agree with this reasoning. I can't imagine any other reason they're releasing an explicitly unfinished product otherwise. We'll just have to wait for the Free Lore DLC. Or, better yet to my view, scrap the stories altogether. I think it's fairly obvious at this point that the lore is way more trouble than it's worth. Which, is, I think $0. The lore is worth $0. There are so many people who blatantly don't even read it that it's a waste of time to create.
Ogerpon wrote on 2024-04-15 14:47:42:

I tend to agree with this reasoning. I can't imagine any other reason they're releasing an explicitly unfinished product otherwise.

We'll just have to wait for the Free Lore DLC.
Or, better yet to my view, scrap the stories altogether. I think it's fairly obvious at this point that the lore is way more trouble than it's worth. Which, is, I think $0. The lore is worth $0. There are so many people who blatantly don't even read it that it's a waste of time to create.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
I got this theory that the devs have an update planned for the 2025 anniversary that needs the initial 11 Ancient breeds to all have been released, so I'm thinking Ancients 10 and 11 will release around September and February respectively, leaving a few months before the big new thing.
Assuming that theory is correct, then slowing down releases isn't really an option right now.

Once all elements have their first Ancient I'd expect the pace of breed releases to slow down and allow for "complete" releases, but for now I don't have an issue with the short stories being made non-mandatory.
I got this theory that the devs have an update planned for the 2025 anniversary that needs the initial 11 Ancient breeds to all have been released, so I'm thinking Ancients 10 and 11 will release around September and February respectively, leaving a few months before the big new thing.
Assuming that theory is correct, then slowing down releases isn't really an option right now.

Once all elements have their first Ancient I'd expect the pace of breed releases to slow down and allow for "complete" releases, but for now I don't have an issue with the short stories being made non-mandatory.
[quote name="Almedha" date="2024-04-15 15:06:02" ] [quote name="Ogerpon" date="2024-04-15 14:47:42" ] Maybe staff does need the money from us buying new genes and the likes to keep the site running. Inflation might be hitting them too and maybe they need the income *now*. Maybe they can't postpone. Nothing is more of a moneymaker than new gem genes, after all. So, if they need an influx of money *now*, maybe it's better to release the new breed sooner rather than later? Staff needs to release content that gives them money, sadly. And nothing is more profitable than a new breed. [/quote] I tend to agree with this reasoning. I can't imagine any other reason they're releasing an explicitly unfinished product otherwise. We'll just have to wait for the Free Lore DLC. Or, better yet to my view, scrap the stories altogether. I think it's fairly obvious at this point that the lore is way more trouble than it's worth. Which, is, I think $0. The lore is worth $0. There are so many people who blatantly don't even read it that it's a waste of time to create. [/quote] Yeah you've got a good point. I would love game mechanics update or tiny QOL updates, but they're worth $0. So they're better to spend time and ressources on new breeds which give them lots of money. That being said... if they have the means to slow this down... I'd love it if they could.
Almedha wrote on 2024-04-15 15:06:02:
Ogerpon wrote on 2024-04-15 14:47:42:

I tend to agree with this reasoning. I can't imagine any other reason they're releasing an explicitly unfinished product otherwise.

We'll just have to wait for the Free Lore DLC.
Or, better yet to my view, scrap the stories altogether. I think it's fairly obvious at this point that the lore is way more trouble than it's worth. Which, is, I think $0. The lore is worth $0. There are so many people who blatantly don't even read it that it's a waste of time to create.

Yeah you've got a good point. I would love game mechanics update or tiny QOL updates, but they're worth $0. So they're better to spend time and ressources on new breeds which give them lots of money.

That being said... if they have the means to slow this down... I'd love it if they could.
1 2 3 4 5 6