Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [WATERDOM] Library in the Sky [CLOSED]
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 85 86
What i read today was Kevin & kell by Bill Holbrook. Mostly trying to find my place in the webcomic cause i forgot lol. its been going for 24 years and is more a sunday comics vibe with a strip posted every day. im in Nov 2023 rn but im a big fan of the period it was in black and white.

Tell us the last 5 star book you've read!

The Thirty Names of Night by Zeyn Joukhadar! Just a brilliant book thas chock full of symbols and layers. Its entertaining but also lands all the themes it handles; just really really good. Genuinely I could read the book again and find something I hadn't thought about before!

What i read today was Kevin & kell by Bill Holbrook. Mostly trying to find my place in the webcomic cause i forgot lol. its been going for 24 years and is more a sunday comics vibe with a strip posted every day. im in Nov 2023 rn but im a big fan of the period it was in black and white.

The Thirty Names of Night by Zeyn Joukhadar! Just a brilliant book thas chock full of symbols and layers. Its entertaining but also lands all the themes it handles; just really really good. Genuinely I could read the book again and find something I hadn't thought about before!

@sunfishe
Ohh I feel a good book to start with is Lord of the Clans. It tells the story of Thrall an orc raised by humans. He will archive many things in his time and this is his origin book. It's a horde book.
In warcraft you basically got red vs blue aka horde vs alliance. So Lord of Clans tells more horde stuff. I greatly enjoyed it. It just one book. Not complicated to understand what happens :D
@sunfishe
Ohh I feel a good book to start with is Lord of the Clans. It tells the story of Thrall an orc raised by humans. He will archive many things in his time and this is his origin book. It's a horde book.
In warcraft you basically got red vs blue aka horde vs alliance. So Lord of Clans tells more horde stuff. I greatly enjoyed it. It just one book. Not complicated to understand what happens :D
Check out my Gummi Worm Subspecie
Gummi-Worm-Emote-3.png Gummi-Worm-Emote-2.png
Just finished listening to the audiobook version of Falling Back In Love With Being Human by Kai Cheng Thom <3 I'm glad I chose the audio book version because it was read by the author and you can hear the emotion in her voice when she reads these poems. I forget the title of the specific poem at the top of my head, but there's one where she repeats "i forgive you" over and over. there were a few specific times she where said it and it really made me tear up.

For the question:
I listened to This Is How You Lose the Time War by Amal el-Mohtar and Max Gladstone and I would totally give it 5 stars! It's a little hard to describe but it's basically two women on opposing sides of a war talking to each other through time. I think it's one of those books you have to read/listen to yourself to really get it but it blew me away it was such a fun and exciting book to listen to! I went in mostly blind so (minor spoiler) the growing romance between the two characters was a pleasant surprise!
Just finished listening to the audiobook version of Falling Back In Love With Being Human by Kai Cheng Thom <3 I'm glad I chose the audio book version because it was read by the author and you can hear the emotion in her voice when she reads these poems. I forget the title of the specific poem at the top of my head, but there's one where she repeats "i forgive you" over and over. there were a few specific times she where said it and it really made me tear up.

For the question:
I listened to This Is How You Lose the Time War by Amal el-Mohtar and Max Gladstone and I would totally give it 5 stars! It's a little hard to describe but it's basically two women on opposing sides of a war talking to each other through time. I think it's one of those books you have to read/listen to yourself to really get it but it blew me away it was such a fun and exciting book to listen to! I went in mostly blind so (minor spoiler) the growing romance between the two characters was a pleasant surprise!
63b167364c0a2dbaf2a03351a1066bc8cada7354.pngfcaa2c7b37d017521beff538d86b130409b73d6e.png21d0293ce4fcfad679fd6be05ccf743215e58ae7.png99d350e6cd84e02c223da178bc712b62b709f489.png
@abzoro SO excited to see you speak so highly of Demon Copperhead, its next on my TBR list!
@abzoro SO excited to see you speak so highly of Demon Copperhead, its next on my TBR list!
je67dzK.gif ...
Val + she/her + fr+3
talk to me about hozier

7zrgo5F.png
@tigardf oooh, thrall! thanks for the recommendation!

i have played a LOT of wow classic but i never got super into the lore beyond what i had to know for the game . ive been missing it a lot lately!
@tigardf oooh, thrall! thanks for the recommendation!

i have played a LOT of wow classic but i never got super into the lore beyond what i had to know for the game . ive been missing it a lot lately!
Na5WGHa.png
DAILY QUOTE
Of what a strange nature is knowledge! It clings to a mind when it has once seized on it like a lichen on a rock.

Frankenstein is a true favorite of mine, and I pull it out sometimes just to re-read. One of the cliche "stories you read in school" that really does hold up over time.

DAILY QUESTION
It would also be the last five star book I read. ;) I can't even think of the last book I read before this re-read...I'm hoping this week, and its badges, will prompt me to get back into book reading. :)
DAILY QUOTE
Of what a strange nature is knowledge! It clings to a mind when it has once seized on it like a lichen on a rock.

Frankenstein is a true favorite of mine, and I pull it out sometimes just to re-read. One of the cliche "stories you read in school" that really does hold up over time.

DAILY QUESTION
It would also be the last five star book I read. ;) I can't even think of the last book I read before this re-read...I'm hoping this week, and its badges, will prompt me to get back into book reading. :)
FR+3
Day 1:
I read Wired for Story by Lisa Cron! It's a writing help book using psychology to help the reader understand what makes a story interesting. From what I read today, I learned about how a protagonist's goal affects every single word of a story; if it has no impact on the protagonist, the author shouldn't even include it. A very different approach to writing compared to how I normally do it, but I'll experiment and see if adjusting my style influences the results :)

Question: Tell us the last 5 star book you've read!
I have no clue about the rankings of books XD I read Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, and I know it's a pretty popular one, so that will be my answer. I'm enjoying it so far!
Day 1:
I read Wired for Story by Lisa Cron! It's a writing help book using psychology to help the reader understand what makes a story interesting. From what I read today, I learned about how a protagonist's goal affects every single word of a story; if it has no impact on the protagonist, the author shouldn't even include it. A very different approach to writing compared to how I normally do it, but I'll experiment and see if adjusting my style influences the results :)

Question: Tell us the last 5 star book you've read!
I have no clue about the rankings of books XD I read Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, and I know it's a pretty popular one, so that will be my answer. I'm enjoying it so far!
TntJeP6.png M7v69JN.png
It's kinda silly but i've been reading the Doodlepedia entries for the roblox game Doodle World ^^;; It's a monster catcher game and it's pretty fun!

Last 5 Star Book I've Read would either have to be the cells at work manga, or Ghost Girl, both are really good reads for different reasons ^^
It's kinda silly but i've been reading the Doodlepedia entries for the roblox game Doodle World ^^;; It's a monster catcher game and it's pretty fun!

Last 5 Star Book I've Read would either have to be the cells at work manga, or Ghost Girl, both are really good reads for different reasons ^^
EpekmtO.png Want a worm on a string? Wa7a43p.png
Went through my old collection of Magic treehouse books for a nostalgia trip. Finished up to book two in my self allotted hour and have to say, my favourite quote has got to be
""Annie, come back!" Jack shouted. But Annie had disappeared. "I'm going to kill her," Jack muttered""

Daily question: Honestly? House in the Cerulean sea By, T.J. Klune. full score from me on all fronts.
Went through my old collection of Magic treehouse books for a nostalgia trip. Finished up to book two in my self allotted hour and have to say, my favourite quote has got to be
""Annie, come back!" Jack shouted. But Annie had disappeared. "I'm going to kill her," Jack muttered""

Daily question: Honestly? House in the Cerulean sea By, T.J. Klune. full score from me on all fronts.
GLMwkdE.png Lore Shop
tyEuRXe.png
today i read part of The Rangers Apprentice (Book 10), a series i picked up again recently after putting them down for a long time. . im just at the midway point so luckily the action has been picking up and the main characters are all united from their separate journeys (yay)

Question OTD:
The Veldt by Ray Bradbury! technically i re-read it for the first time since middle school and maybe im biased as a big Ray Bradbury fan but this is easily a five star book for me
today i read part of The Rangers Apprentice (Book 10), a series i picked up again recently after putting them down for a long time. . im just at the midway point so luckily the action has been picking up and the main characters are all united from their separate journeys (yay)

Question OTD:
The Veldt by Ray Bradbury! technically i re-read it for the first time since middle school and maybe im biased as a big Ray Bradbury fan but this is easily a five star book for me
.. they iel vamp | FR+3 | artist
avatar, wishlist, dragons for sale
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 85 86